Raw Dog Recomp Log (ft BMP, fasting, and keto)

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What’s up AM. Decided to run a log here to hopefully help some people out as well as document my progress and give myself reference points.

I’m 29 at the moment, 5’9 and weighed 151 lbs this morning. I would say 21-22 was when I was in the best shape of my life and lived for fitness, however I tore a tendon in my wrist that kept me out of the gym for quite some time and after that I could never find my groove and keep it together, months of gym then no gym, poor eating etc etc. Depression and anxiety kicked my ass on the regular. Decided in December to lose weight and got my ass back in the gym for good. I was 186 at the time. Over the past 6 months I’ve finally gotten a firm grasp on my mental health and am confident for the first time that it will stay that way. Sorry for the history there I just think it will give a lot of things context as the log goes along.

My biggest goal right now is to gain muscle and avoid gaining fat. I’m pretty far from my college strength but am working towards it. I am also currently leaner than I have ever been in my life. Ended a 10 day water fast on June 6th at 143 pounds and have been bulking since.

Diet is primarily Keto/OMAD though I’ve been tossing around the idea of extending my eating window as it is pretty hard now that I’m bulking to fit enough calories into my window. I train in the evenings, and while I do typically consume 10g BCAAs before training I do not eat until I leave the gym. My window here is usually roughly 2 hours.

As far as training goes, I follow a pretty standard 4 day split. I only take rest days when I feel like I truly need them or my social life demands it. Each body part is usually getting hit close to 1.5 days a week on average. Aside from walking a lot at my job I do neglect cardio, though I have been considering adding it to my routine for health purposes.

As for supplements, I just started Apex Alchemy Epoch yesterday and am looking forward to seeing how it treats me. I will be running this 12 pumps AM 12 pumps PM. Aside from that my staples have been:
Agmatine - morning as a noot and preworkout 1.2g
Creatine monohydrate - 10g
TMG - preworkout 3g
Xtend Elite - preworkout
GMS - preworkout aside from leg days 2-3g
Joint stack (Flexatril, Boswellin, Cissus XT, UC-II)
Collagen - type 1&3 11g
Curcumin
Fish Oil
PES trumulti - days I feel like my diet is lacking
KSM 66 - days I don’t take trumulti
Vitamin D3 - high dose, not daily
Vitamin K2 - when I take high dose D3
Ralox - running this to try to reverse pubertal gyno and am logging that separately https://anabolicminds.com/community/threads/raw-dog-ralox-gyno-reduction-log.311924/

rboyd0041

Awards
Why so much Creatine mono? Just curious, I have never really went over 5g a day for maintenance, is there some type of benefit for going over?

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Why so much Creatine mono? Just curious, I have never really went over 5g a day for maintenance, is there some type of benefit for going over?
For fitness no, but many studies for neuroprotective and cognitive benefits have been at 8g/day. I do not experience bloating or anything negative at 10g plus it’s dirt cheap

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Shoulders today:
Seated DB shoulder press (2 min rest)
35lb warmup
42.5lbx5
47.5lbx4
47.5lbx2
42.5lbx4

Cable upright rows (90s rest)
55x7
60.5x7
66x6
71.5x5
71.5x4
66x6

Rear delt machine
60x8
80x7
80x5
75x6
75x7
75x6

DB front raise (12.5lb) super set with DB shrug (60lb)
10,8 with a bit of rest then 6 more shrugs

Aside from that just did a shitload of ab vacuums while I tanned afterwards.

Breaking my fast with a sample of Xtend Pro Cookie Butter mixed with 8oz almond milk, 2 Tbsp heavy cream, and 11g collagen and then a chipotle salad to go along with the shake. First time trying Xtend Pro and honestly this is one of the most underrated flavors out there. Tastes fantastic

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sweet! In on this!

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
@nostrum420 hey if my skin is still shiny 30 minutes after application is that normal or does it mean I’m using too much in a small area? Been doing all 12 pumps Epoch in upper chest/clavicle/shoulder area. Seems like it’s absorbing fine but have noticed it leaves a shine to my skin

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
@nostrum420 hey if my skin is still shiny 30 minutes after application is that normal or does it mean I’m using too much in a small area? Been doing all 12 pumps Epoch in upper chest/clavicle/shoulder area. Seems like it’s absorbing fine but have noticed it leaves a shine to my skin
It's not really anything to be concerned with. You can rub the product in until the shine goes away or go over the area with hand sanitizer... or just be shiny.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's not really anything to be concerned with. You can rub the product in until the shine goes away or go over the area with hand sanitizer... or just be shiny.
Awesome just wanted to make sure, it’s not rubbing off on my clothes or anything so figured I was fine. Absolutely love the spray bottles by the way super convenient!

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Awesome just wanted to make sure, it’s not rubbing off on my clothes or anything so figured I was fine. Absolutely love the spray bottles by the way super convenient!
Awesome! I'm really glad you're enjoying Epoch so far!

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Back/bis/forearms today:
Pull ups (BW slightly wider grip) 2 mins rest
3 not my best for sure not sure what was up here

Corner BB row (weight not counting bar) 90s rest
45x10
80x9
100x7
100x6
100x6

Cable lat pull downs 60s rest
77x10
88x8
88x8
88x7
88x6
77x9

Cable low row superset with 45lb plate shrugs slow with 2s pause at top
99x7, 18 shrugs
99x6, 15 shrugs
99x7, 13 shrugs
99x6, 12 shrugs

Preacher curls wide, each set superset with plate pinches 2x 10lb
40x8
50x4
50x3
45x4

Cable curl drop sets (only highest weight reps recorded) ran down each notch to failure each set
38.5x4
38.5x4
38.5x3
33x3
33x2

Reverse grip cable curls superset with heavy cable wrist curls
27.5x4 and 77x9
22x6 and 77x7
22x7 and 77x7
22x7 and 77x6
22x6 and 77x8 (ran down each notch to failure on last set wrist curls)

Damn this was one of those workouts that started out pretty bad but I got in my zone during the pulldowns and felt great the rest of the way. Preworkout had 1 serving each of Vasoblitz, Xtend perform, and iso-amino. Only my third time using Vasoblitz so far but I do like it. Saw veins in my forearms today that I’ve never even seen before. A bit early to give feedback on epoch but I was more vascular than usual all day, could definitely be attributed to that we will see if it keeps up

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Damn my traps and forearms are sore as **** today. Volunteered to cover for someone at work since it’s the last day of the month and I work in sales. Hoping when I get off at 6 I feel good enough to get this chest workout in, otherwise it’ll probably just be a shitload of weighted crunches and planks today. Usually after a workout like last nights I will wake up with elbow pain and I don’t have any at all today. Not sure if the laxo in Epoch could help with that after only 4 days or if it’s the joint supps I’ve been taking

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Damn I’m so glad I decided to go in today, had a great workout! Chest and Tris today

DB Flat Bench (2m15s rest)
35-10
50-5
60-7
65-3
60-5
60-3
60-3 finished with a DC style static stretch
The 7 reps at 60 was an awesome surprise PR! 5 days ago I did 3 sets at 60 and got 5,4,4. First time doing 65lbs this year as well

Dips (body weight, forward lean, slow, deep, 2m rest)

Cable Fly Machine (70s rest)
70-10
75-7
75-6
75-5
70-6

Cable Reverse Grip Tricep Bar Pull Down
33-15
44-6
44-5
44-3

Cable Tricep Bar Push Down
44-5
44-5
38-6
38-6
33-8
33-9, immediately dropped weight to 22 and knocked out 13 more

Hanging Leg Raise
5 sets, each one I did straight leg to failure then immediately bent knees and did that way to failure

Starting my meal out like usual with a shake and chipotle haha. OL peanut butter today. Just set out a 16 oz bone in ribeye that I’m looking forward to cooking here in an hour! Same preworkout supps as yesterday. Didn’t get the same vascularity but pumps were solid. Think I may have been a bit dehydrated as I went through way more water today than usual. I definitely have noticed on keto I just don’t get as thirsty as I used to during the day, definitely need to keep an eye on that.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice chest and tri day! Glad you got a PR as well!

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice chest and tri day! Glad you got a PR as well!
Thanks man I was pretty damn happy with it! Hoping these fast strength gains continue, was struggling with 50lb dbs a few weeks ago. Still pretty far from where I used to be, but if this keeps up it’s not gonna take me long at all.

Have 4 bottles of BMP coming when that releases. Trying to decide when I want to add that in. Want to run the epoch alone long enough to give it an honest review as I had a lot of trouble finding unsponsored feedback on it. I like to support new innovative companies and this Apex carrier is awesome and the spray bottles are awesome.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Legs/lower back today

Leg press cable machine (high and wide)
140-12
180-14
220-9
230-7
200-15

BB Good morning
40-12
70-12
80-12
90-12
90-11.5
90-10

Quad extension cable machine
130-10
150-8
170-6
170-4
165-4

Weighted lower back hyperextensions (reps with 25lb, reps after dropping plate)
10 with BW
25-8,3
25-5,4
25-5,3
25-4,2

Calf raise plate machine (sloooow)- hip thrust laying flat on ground with 55lb DB (slow)
90-12 and 13
115-10 and 12
140-8 and 13
140-7 and 10
115-10 and 11

Pretty decent workout today. Been working on hip flexibility and fixing a bit of an anterior pelvic tilt, don’t feel super comfortable adding squats or deads back in until my hips feel a bit better.

Preworkout today was 1 scoop Xtend elite + 1 scoop iso amino + 1.2g agmatine. Broke my fast with a serving of cellucor cinnamon swirl mixed with 8oz vanilla unsweetened almond milk, 2Tbsp heavy cream, and 11g collagen plus the usual chipotle bowl. Have another 14oz ribeye sitting out to be cooked in an hour.

If anyone cares, the keto bowl I get from chipotle is fucking amazing and roughly 800-1000 cals with roughly 10g net carbs
Bed of lettuce
Full serving chicken
Full serving carnitas
Pico
Hot salsa
Extra sour cream
Extra cheese
Guac (I add this myself at home because it’s cheaper)

I eat this like 6 days a week and still haven’t gotten tired of it!

Last edited:
Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Average daily diet at the moment by the way is
The chipotle bowl
10-16oz beef
1-2oz pork rinds
4-6oz guac
2 servings whey
11g collagen 1&3 powder
4-6Tbsp heavy cream
1 quest bar
A few macadamias or pecans

I don’t stray from this often but I honestly have not gotten tired of any of it.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thanks man I was pretty damn happy with it! Hoping these fast strength gains continue, was struggling with 50lb dbs a few weeks ago. Still pretty far from where I used to be, but if this keeps up it’s not gonna take me long at all.

Have 4 bottles of BMP coming when that releases. Trying to decide when I want to add that in. Want to run the epoch alone long enough to give it an honest review as I had a lot of trouble finding unsponsored feedback on it. I like to support new innovative companies and this Apex carrier is awesome and the spray bottles are awesome.
4 weeks would be enough IMO. It definitely would keep getting better after but you’d have a good handle on how well it works by then I’d feel.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
4 weeks would be enough IMO. It definitely would keep getting better after but you’d have a good handle on how well it works by then I’d feel.
Agreed with this. I think 4 weeks would be plenty to tell if it's working for you or not. Mainly in weeks 3 and 4.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That’s about was I was thinking as well. Will probably continue to run it after that while adding the BMP.

Weighed in at 149.4 lbs today which is insane to me. All of my lifts have been going up

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Shoulder day today!

Seated DB shoulder press (2m rest)
35-6
45-5
50-4 PR!
50-2
45-4
45-3

66-6
71.5-7
77-4
71.5-4
66-7

Shoulder press cable machine (did this because I was waiting on fly machine)
120-7
120-5

Rear delt fly machine
70-8
80-7
80-6
75-5
75-5

DB front raise (12.5lb) SS with DB shrugs (60lb)

Had a stressful day today and my mindstate was a bit off. Still managed a pretty decent workout, but definitely started better than it finished. At least managed to hit a new PR on DB press, last shoulder day I set one with 47.5x4, managed 50x4 today. Pump was insane today and vascularity was pretty good. Felt a weird minor pop in my left forearm accompanied by momentary numbness during the 4th set of upright rows. I’ve had a bit of ulnar nerve subluxation in my left arm in the past but nothing crazy, hopefully it’s related to that. No pain or mobility issues so I’m not too worried, guess we will see tomorrow.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
@nostrum420 curious when you recommend the second dose? I’ve been doing 8 AM and then preworkout around 8 PM. Wondering if before bed around midnight would be better due to the Mangostin

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
@nostrum420 curious when you recommend the second dose? I’ve been doing 8 AM and then preworkout around 8 PM. Wondering if before bed around midnight would be better due to the Mangostin
I'm not sure that it'll make a huge difference but why not try it both ways and report back?

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm not sure that it'll make a huge difference but why not try it both ways and report back?
Cool I probably will do that. Definitely liking it so far! Vascularity has been better than normal whether I’ve been taking pump supps or not. Haven’t had an off day since I’ve started Epoch and my elbows have felt great. I’m not sold on laxo as a muscle builder like I am with Epicatechin, but the effects on joints people report with laxo is why I liked the inclusion here. Seems like I am getting the same effects!

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Back/bis/forearms
Pull-up 80s rest

T bar row machine 60s rest
90-8
140-5
140-4
110-6
110-6
90-10

Cable lat pulldowns 45s rest
88-8
88-7
88-6
77-7
77-8
77-7
77-7

Low cable row SS with 45lb plate shrug 1-2s pause
99-8,21
99-7,17
99-6,15
93-6,13

Preacher curl cable machine narrow SS with plate pinches 2x 10lb
45-8
50-4
45-5
45-4

Cable curl drop sets only highest weight recorded
44-4
38.5-3
33-3
33-3

Reverse grip cable curl and wrist curl SS
27.5-4 and 77-10
22-5 and 77-12
22-6 and 77-7
22-7 and 71.5-9

Ab Vacuums

Was in a bit of a hurry today so I switched it up with much less rest between sets than normal. This definitely had an impact on a lot of the numbers but I was still pretty happy with the workout.

Gym closes at 4 tomorrow and I won’t be able to make it there before that, so it will either be an off day or an ab day. Have a friend in town for the holiday weekend so will probably be partying quite a bit, but still plan to make it to the gym at least 2 out the 3 days if possible.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
DB Flat Bench (2m15s rest)
35-10
50-5
60-7
65-3
60-5
60-3
60-3 finished with a DC style static stretch
The 7 reps at 60 was an awesome surprise PR! 5 days ago I did 3 sets at 60 and got 5,4,4. First time doing 65lbs this year as well

Dips (body weight, forward lean, slow, deep, 2m rest)

Cable Fly Machine (70s rest)
70-10
75-7
75-6
75-5
70-6

Cable Reverse Grip Tricep Bar Pull Down
33-15
44-6
44-5
44-3

Cable Tricep Bar Push Down
44-5
44-5
38-6
38-6
33-8
33-9, immediately dropped weight to 22 and knocked out 13 more

Hanging Leg Raise
5 sets, each one I did straight leg to failure then immediately bent knees and did that way to failure
Alright back to work. Was out for 3 days enjoying the holiday weekend, a bit hungover today but got into the gym early and had a damn solid workout. Quoted last chest day for easy comparison as pretty much everything went up this time.

DB flat bench (2min)
40-10
50-5
65-7 **** yeah! PR
65-3
60-4
60-4

Dips (90s)
10 another big improvement

Cable fly machine (70s)
75-12
80-10
85-9
85-7
80-7

Rope pull down, all but first set were drop sets
55-10
55-7 drop
55-3 drop
44-7 drop
44-6 drop
44-6 drop

Reverse grip cable curl SS with plate pinch (2x10lb)
27.4-10
27.5-9
27.5-9
27.5-9
27.5-8
27.5-8

I was thrilled with this workout, especially considering I woke up feeling pretty bad. Wondering how much carbs could have contributed, had a buddy in town who I hadn’t seen awhile and Papa Johns used to be our tradition so I broke keto on Friday and had a large pepperoni extra cheese pizza. Honestly made me feel like **** and I gained 4-5lbs (154.4 this morning) water weight but tradition is tradition and it was a holiday. Vascularity was also down quite a bit. I am definitely curious how much carbs could have contributed towards the numbers I saw today though, this has me seriously considering doing TKD moving forward. If I decide to go that route, my only likely change would be adding smarties candy pre/intra/post workout though. Open to feedback here!

Also waiting for the green light to share more, but had a stim product before my workout today that was fucking awesome

Tsteele60

Tsteele60

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
In! Have you thought about adding the new CEL Anabolic Effect? Just a question out of curiosity

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Interested to see how those treat you!
Definitely excited myself, evomuse products have never done me wrong. Gains have been pretty good so far and I’m looking to keep it up! For the time being Epoch seems to be treating me pretty well though. Still have 2.5 bottles of that so I’m trying to decide how I want to stack/transition everything

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I personally would go with TKD, but I love carbs so I’m probably carb biased haha

Biggest thing would be do what seems to be working. If current way is working I wouldn’t change a ton, but it could be worth toying around with.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I personally would go with TKD, but I love carbs so I’m probably carb biased haha

Biggest thing would be do what seems to be working. If current way is working I wouldn’t change a ton, but it could be worth toying around with.
Haha tbh I don’t miss carbs at all, only gripe with keto is that it can make eating out a pain and my options are fairly limited. Should be back in ketosis now though, I think I am going to hold off on TKD as long as my numbers continue to go up. That last workout was awesome but numbers have been improving either way.

Debating on doing another water fast here soon to drop a few more pounds of fat, but damn I hate missing the gym

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
153.1 this morning, down a bit over a pound but feel like I’m still holding a decent amount of water from that pizza

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Legs/lower back
Leg press cable machine
150-12
200-15
230-10
250-6
240-6

Good morning
50-12
80-12
100-11
100-11
100-11

Quad extension cable machine
140-10
170-8
180-6
180-5

Leg curl seated cable machine
120-10
150-5
145-6
145-5

Lower back hyperextensions 25lb, then BW

Seated calf raise SS laying hip thrust w 60lb DB
90-15 and 11
135-10 and 14
135-9 and 13
135-9 and 11
90- 38 fast reps

Got to the gym later than I wanted so did much less rest on pretty much everything. Surprisingly the weights didn’t suffer, everything went up at least a bit from my las leg day. Not a bad workout at all aside from my headphones dying at the end.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Shoulders today. Felt off all day, was tired despite sleeping well and definitely was not feeling it at the gym today. Had a rare preworkout meal today around 6:00, 3 patties from five guys with extra cheese, mayo, hot sauce, jalapeño, mushroom, onion, and tomato. It was fantastic! Honestly not sure if this helped me or hurt me, but I want to experiment with it more because stuffing 3k calories in right before bed is a pain in the ass compared to when I was cutting with 2k. Still managed to set a PR on a one rep improvement with DB shoulder press. Not happy with the workout at all, but considering how I felt I made the best of it.

Shoulder day today!

Seated DB shoulder press (2m rest)
35-6
45-5
50-4 PR!
50-2
45-4
45-3

66-6
71.5-7
77-4
71.5-4
66-7

Shoulder press cable machine (did this because I was waiting on fly machine)
120-7
120-5

Rear delt fly machine
70-8
80-7
80-6
75-5
75-5

DB front raise (12.5lb) SS with DB shrugs (60lb)
Seated DB shoulder press
35-8
50-5 PR, up 1 rep from last workout
50-3
45-3
45-3

Cable upright row (no idea what was up here, numbers were way down and struggled like a bitch here)
66-3
66-6
60.5-7
60.5-8
60.5-6

Rear delt fly cable machine
70-10
80-7
80-7
80-6

Front raise 12.5 DB SS with DB shrug 60

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Back/bis/forearms
Pull-up 80s rest

T bar row machine 60s rest
90-8
140-5
140-4
110-6
110-6
90-10

Cable lat pulldowns 45s rest
88-8
88-7
88-6
77-7
77-8
77-7
77-7

Low cable row SS with 45lb plate shrug 1-2s pause
99-8,21
99-7,17
99-6,15
93-6,13

Preacher curl cable machine narrow SS with plate pinches 2x 10lb
45-8
50-4
45-5
45-4

Cable curl drop sets only highest weight recorded
44-4
38.5-3
33-3
33-3

Reverse grip cable curl and wrist curl SS
27.5-4 and 77-10
22-5 and 77-12
22-6 and 77-7
22-7 and 71.5-9

Ab Vacuums
Back/bis/forearms
Pull-up

Neutral narrow grip pull down
77-10
88-11
99-9
99-8
99-7

Wide grip lat pull down
88-8
88-7
88-7
88-7
77-9

Cable low row SS 45lb plate shrug
99-10,25
99-9,20
99-8,19
99-8,18
99-6,18

Preacher curls SS plate pinch
50-8
50-4
50-4
45-5

Cable curl drop set
44-4
38.5-3
33-4
33-3

Reverse curl cable SS wrist curl cable
27.5-4 and 77-8
22-7 and 71.5-8
22-7 and 71.5-8
22-7 and 71.5-5

Forearms were weak today so I punished them with 3 extra sets of plate pinches at the end

Pretty solid workout today. Aside from pull-ups essentially staying the same and my forearms being weak as hell today, the weights are continuing to move up. Been experimenting with less rest since I haven’t had a lot of free time lately, went with 60s on pretty much everything here.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice workout and glad the weight is moving up!

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice workout and glad the weight is moving up!
Appreciate it! Thinking about doing another water fast here soon, but it’s hard to keep myself out of the gym when numbers are going up consistently. Definitely wouldn’t mind dropping a bit more fat though, and the GH surge from doing it 3-5 days is only going to help me gain more.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Alright back to work. Was out for 3 days enjoying the holiday weekend, a bit hungover today but got into the gym early and had a damn solid workout. Quoted last chest day for easy comparison as pretty much everything went up this time.

DB flat bench (2min)
40-10
50-5
65-7 **** yeah! PR
65-3
60-4
60-4

Dips (90s)
10 another big improvement

Cable fly machine (70s)
75-12
80-10
85-9
85-7
80-7

Rope pull down, all but first set were drop sets
55-10
55-7 drop
55-3 drop
44-7 drop
44-6 drop
44-6 drop

Reverse grip cable curl SS with plate pinch (2x10lb)
27.4-10
27.5-9
27.5-9
27.5-9
27.5-8
27.5-8
Chest day

DB flat bench
40-10
55-5
70-4 first time with 70lbs
65-4
60-4
60-3

Had a bit of pain in my left shoulder 2 days ago after my shoulder workout. Nothing crazy and felt fine yesterday. Didn’t hurt today while I was benching, but felt pain and discomfort every time I would rack the weights. Got progressively worse as my sets went on so I decided to listen to my body and hang it up. I need to be smarter about taking rest days when things like this happen, but I fucking hate missing the gym and I’m way to damn stubborn.

Looks like it’s time to water fast! Going to eat a full meal tonight and then the fast starts. Will be fasting at least until my shoulder feels 100%. If it’s not better in a week I will likely be hiring a physical therapist.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
As I mentioned before, my last fast was 10 days and ended June 6th. This was my longest fast. The good news is that I do enjoy fasting, just wish I wasn’t forced into it as my plan was to only fast again once my gains stalled. However my rule is no gym no food, unless for social reasons.

During my fast here is all I will be consuming:

-2l water daily mixed with
-2g sea salt
-2g nosalt (potassium)
-400mg magnesium citrate
-400mg calcium citrate
-juice of 1/4 of a small lime
-plain nasty ass unsweetened green tea if needed
-up to 5 pieces of spry brand xylitol gum
-60mg raloxifene
-melatonin, as falling asleep during a fast can be a bitch
-topical yohimbine mixed with aspercreme on my midsection
-will probably continue with epoch, but cut back from 24 sprays to 16 sprays each day

I sip the water throughout the day, only when thirsty and often do not quite finish all of it. I will try to walk as much as possible, but will not perform any other exercise.

Depending on how the shoulder is feeling, how I’m feeling, and how my body looks I may decide to go ahead and beat my 10 day record. Would be nice to cut down to single digits for the first time in my life.

Last edited:
LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It would be hard for met to do a long fast! I get too hungry too easy!

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
151.9 was the weigh in this morning, started the fast just before midnight last night.

Not looking forward to being back in the 140s haha but it is what it is.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Damn, could have sworn I took progress photos when I started the log, but I guess I did not. These photos are from May 28th, a day into my last fast
IMG_1084.JPG
IMG_1085.JPG
IMG_1086.JPG

Here are my photos from today
IMG_1092.JPG
IMG_1102.JPG
IMG_1103.JPG
IMG_1105.JPG

And for added motivation and laughs, here is me last summer at my worst!
IMG_1104.JPG

Still a long way to go to be where I want to be, but considering I started this journey back up in December and hadn’t seriously cracked down until April I can’t be unhappy with my progress. I’ve lost a ton of fat and definitely put on a decent amount of muscle. Looking forward to seeing how I look after this fast and how much I can pack on afterwards!

Last edited:
Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
146.8 this morning wtf haha. Think I might be a bit dehydrated, didn’t start my electrolytes until today. Usually drop about 2-2.5 pounds first day, 5.1 is insane.

Walked a total of 6.7 miles throughout the day yesterday. Going to try to be above 7 each day moving forward

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just tested my shoulder out quite a bit and no pain. GH is increased 5 fold during fasting by hour 48. Debating on whether I want to continue the fast and drop some more body fat, or just go to the gym tonight around 10:30 and break my fast at midnight (48hr).

Honestly thinking 48 hour fasts once a week is my best option for recomping moving forward

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In!

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
And for added motivation and laughs, here is me last summer at my worst!

Still a long way to go to be where I want to be, but considering I started this journey back up in December and hadn’t seriously cracked down until April I can’t be unhappy with my progress. I’ve lost a ton of fat and definitely put on a decent amount of muscle. Looking forward to seeing how I look after this fast and how much I can pack on afterwards!
You won’t get any laughs out of me..

That’s darn impressive progress in that amount of time. Congratulations!