Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
man that was some smokin tennis...about as high level as it gets!!!

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My DVR is set to tape it tomorrow. Something about Wimbledon tends to bring out some epic matches on the men’s side!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
My DVR is set to tape it tomorrow. Something about Wimbledon tends to bring out some epic matches on the men’s side!
that is a apt description-EPIC!!!

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
that is a apt description-EPIC!!!
I actually wasn’t aware of what round that was, but now I am. I didn’t check the draw on the internet as I wanted to watch the DVR later as if I were watching it live.

Consequently, I only caught glimpses of both semifinals which were both insanely epic matches.

I ended up falling asleep during the Djokovic/Anderson final :yawn:

Nice that Kerber won, but Serena definitely didn’t show up with her “A” game.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I actually wasn’t aware of what round that was, but now I am. I didn’t check the draw on the internet as I wanted to watch the DVR later as if I were watching it live.

Consequently, I only caught glimpses of both semifinals which were both insanely epic matches.

I ended up falling asleep during the Djokovic/Anderson final :yawn:

Nice that Kerber won, but Serena definitely didn’t show up with her “A” game.
yes, the mens side was really good this year...I think serena got a 'good' draw, she wasn't challenged until the final-at her age and after having a baby that might be her 'A' game from here on.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
yes, the mens side was really good this year...I think serena got a 'good' draw, she wasn't challenged until the final-at her age and after having a baby that might be her 'A' game from here on.
That certainly is possible regarding Serena. I tend to think she will regain her top form on a consistent level by the time the US Open rolls around though. She just always seems to defy the odds

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
That certainly is possible regarding Serena. I tend to think she will regain her top form on a consistent level by the time the US Open rolls around though. She just always seems to defy the odds
we will see, but I think several women have the ability to out play her on any give day-this hasn't always been the case. the only woman I can remember who could consistently hang with serena in her prime was little bitty Justine henin, but she retired before serena became the dominant player she was before having a child!!!