Answered Rack Pull Injury

Mr.Burns

Mr.Burns

Awards
During the concentric portion of a rep yesterday electricity shot down from my lower back to the back of legs into my toes, my hips locked up, and even after some muscle relaxers and ice it hurts like hell to move, period. The best part is I wasn’t even pulling heavy! Does the constitute an ER visit or will a trip to the GP suffice. I know y’all aren’t doctors but you are athletes and I appreciate any thoughts anyway.

Swindler

Swindler

Awards
  • Established
Man I had a similar incident when pulling some deadlifts but i heard something tear but I would get the electricity feeling down my butt and back of my legs when walking around and couldnt sleep comfortably or sit down in a chair for about 3 weeks I am going on a year and a half and i still get a little bit if a funny feeling in my back from time to time I prolly actually should of went to the dr. Over it but alternate ibuprofen and sodium naproxen every 3 or 4 hours it will help some...but everyone told me to go to a chiropractor...

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
During the concentric portion of a rep yesterday electricity shot down from my lower back to the back of legs into my toes, my hips locked up, and even after some muscle relaxers and ice it hurts like hell to move, period. The best part is I wasn’t even pulling heavy! Does the constitute an ER visit or will a trip to the GP suffice. I know y’all aren’t doctors but you are athletes and I appreciate any thoughts anyway.
Def sounds like a Nerve issue. Possibly LS or SI related. I say look into some nerve glides to ease into things.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Sounds like you done messed up your sciatic nerve

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mr.Burns Training Forum 4
Training Forum 3
Training Forum 30