R-ALA and confusion?

M

MeanOLMan

Awards
Alright, After ordering some R-ALA since Im using topical yohimbine and carb cycling, followed by weekly refeeds I figured this nice supp would allow some low/stable insulin levels during refeeds and what not. Well, after reading a few other boards Ive noticed some mods stating the effects of lowering glycogen synthesis and also that sure it lowers insulin and disposes of glucose, but nothing is conclusive that its not going to adipose to make you fatter! Stating just like insulin, it can make you fat as well? Well that alarms the **** outta me considering I bought some so for anyone that can share some results or spare some knowledge on this subject please feel free. Also, suppose its true that it does dispose of glucose in unfavorabe cells, what would be the most beneficial day to use such a supplement considering im carb cycling (high day) (low) or No day)? I was thinking the opposite of most people and maybe using it on my No carb days to ensure even lower insulin activity and tap into fat cells even more? Thanks fellas.

T

the_destroyer55

Awards
Alright, After ordering some R-ALA since Im using topical yohimbine and carb cycling, followed by weekly refeeds I figured this nice supp would allow some low/stable insulin levels during refeeds and what not. Well, after reading a few other boards Ive noticed some mods stating the effects of lowering glycogen synthesis and also that sure it lowers insulin and disposes of glucose, but nothing is conclusive that its not going to adipose to make you fatter! Stating just like insulin, it can make you fat as well? Well that alarms the **** outta me considering I bought some so for anyone that can share some results or spare some knowledge on this subject please feel free. Also, suppose its true that it does dispose of glucose in unfavorabe cells, what would be the most beneficial day to use such a supplement considering im carb cycling (high day) (low) or No day)? I was thinking the opposite of most people and maybe using it on my No carb days to ensure even lower insulin activity and tap into fat cells even more? Thanks fellas.
It acts as both a mimetic and sensitizer depending on what tissue you are talking about and what kind of meatoblic state.

It is best taken with meals that have carbs in them. Fat content is fairly irealevent.

M

MeanOLMan

Awards
It acts as both a mimetic and sensitizer depending on what tissue you are talking about and what kind of meatoblic state.

It is best taken with meals that have carbs in them. Fat content is fairly irealevent.
Jweave, Manbeast, Bobo, do you fellas take R-Ala and have you noticed favorable results? vascularity, lean ness, no glucose uptake in adipose? Just want some feedback from some experienced people. Any comments on my initial questions? thanks.

J

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
Jweave, Manbeast, Bobo, do you fellas take R-Ala and have you noticed favorable results? vascularity, lean ness, no glucose uptake in adipose? Just want some feedback from some experienced people. Any comments on my initial questions? thanks.
I've been taking R-ALA for almost over a year now. I used to take it mainly for glucose disposal and use about 800-1000mg daily (split between meals). I gathered after sometime that it won't necessarily have a very tangible effect on body composition, but rather be used to set up a good base as an anti-oxident with potential for stable insulin levels, at least that's the way I look at it. I now use about 400-600 mg :)

D

Dan

Awards
I've read a ton of stuff on ALA and I'm still a bit confused, does it actually lower insulin levels (which wouldn't be good when trying to grow) or act like insulin, or both? I realize that its a great anti-ox, but I still don't understand if it would be beneficial for bulking or not.