Quincy Carter released, opinions, feedback,etc,

• Thread starter the_destroyer55
  • Start date

the_destroyer55

Awards
What does everyone think of the cowboys cutting carter?? I personally say that it was more about him and his lack of performance and them wanting to go another direction. If he was John Elway, they never would have administered that test.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
I think they better have a good back up QB. Vinnie is pretty damn old.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
That move cost the cowboys two wins. Not saying Quincy is worth that many but the difference between him and Vinny/Henson is. Dallas didnt have a playoff team last year and made it. They have one this year but wont
Sage

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
It doesn't make sense, he must have done something really stupid behind closed doors. It won't make sense for Dallas to go with aging Vinny Testaverede and unproven Drew Henson. Funny how 1 week ago he was the team leader, and he suddenly gets cut.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Ill say one thing about the fall out of this relhease. Bill Parcell will NOT allow this decision to linger. There's plenty of guys in dallas' locker room, im sure who are bummed by this release but Bill will have them on Vinny/Drew's bandwagon immediately.
Sage

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
BTW, if Dallas thought it was a drug problem, don't you guys think they would have brought in Kerry Collins, Jeff Garcia, or even Kurt Warner to take the starting QB a long time ago.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
What does everyone think of the cowboys cutting carter?? I personally say that it was more about him and his lack of performance and them wanting to go another direction. If he was John Elway, they never would have administered that test.
The Cowboys didn't administer the test. This was his second substance abuse. The first gets you put on a league drug testing program. The league administered this test b/c he previously tested positve.

I do have to agree w/ the elway thing though. If it had been him and he had tested positive he would not have been released, but that's the way this sport goes. It gave parcells a chance to make a point.

It sucks either way though. Been a die hard cowboys fan my whole life. Parcells knew that he had a problem, and that's why they went after vinny, and henson. I just wish they had gone after Collins. I would guess that Carter was given an ultamatum(sp?) when he tested positive the first time. When he broke whatever deal that was he got the boot.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
BTW, if Dallas thought it was a drug problem, don't you guys think they would have brought in Kerry Collins, Jeff Garcia, or even Kurt Warner to take the starting QB a long time ago.
They knew he had a drug problem, but I think they wanted to give him a chance, and he messed it up. Like I said before this was his second time testing positive. They went after vinny, and henson for insurance, and to help push Carter along.

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Being a Cowboys fan I am a little worried about that...I know eventually Henson will be the qb but I would have liked to have quincy out there this year as opposed to the ancient testeverde.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
The cowboys had exhausted their faith in Carter. In the first round of the playoffs last year, they wouldn't even let Carter throw the ball when they were down by two scores. Throughout the season he could not throw the ball downfield with any success.
His recievers were pretty good too.
Carter has no upside whatsoever.
My friends are making a big deal about this. I don't know why. The Dallas Defense was the key. Vinny or Henson can manage the ball just as well as Carter (or Trent Dilfer - superbowl QB) ever did.
Carter will never be a starter again anywhere.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
I forgot about that last play off game. Parcells has never really been about the 100 million dollar quarter back but goes more for defense and game management. He also seems to coach the qb's well because when he leave many of them have sucked after. Maybe he'll wait for Bledsoe to get kicked off the Bills after this year and grab him.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Bledsoe would be a good fit. He knows the playbook and is still a good QB. Plus he was the QB for Terry Glenn's big rookie year. I don't like Keyshawn, but hes still a good possession reciever. Antonio Bryant is a decent wideout if Parcells doesn't kick him off the team.
Bledsoe is a veteran and demands respect and he could bring order to Americas team

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Bledsoe would be a good fit. He knows the playbook and is still a good QB. Plus he was the QB for Terry Glenn's big rookie year. I don't like Keyshawn, but hes still a good possession reciever. Antonio Bryant is a decent wideout if Parcells doesn't kick him off the team.
Bledsoe is a veteran and demands respect and he could bring order to Americas team
Bledsoe has the potential to be a great QB. He could have been the next Marino but he has some problems. He almost freezes when he is under pressure, has tunnel vision, and doesn't make the best decisions some times especially when he is being blitzed. It's not too late for him. Maybe he needs to meet with a good sports psychologist or something. He played his best under Parcells though. Maybe he knew how to motive him and communicate with him.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
I am predicting Vinnie will be injured by game 6.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
could be, still I think the team will be 9-7 at least.
I think they will make it into the play offs.

Last edited:

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Even that year when the jets were expected to go to the bowl when they lost everyone on the team to injuries they finished 8-8. Parcells is a great coach.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I think they will make it into the play offs.
I wouldn't count on it. Dallas could be 10-6 and miss the play-offs with the competition in the NFC

Minnesota, Green Bay, New Orleans, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Carolina, St. Louis, Seattle, Tampa Bay, and even Washington are gonna be contenders and they all can't make plus there are two wild-card spots, not three like in years past.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bpmartyr Politics 1
LakeMountD General Chat 0