Protein absorption window.

Deltaone94

Deltaone94

Awards
Believe it's better to have multiple windows of protein intake daily. Would a morning, lunch, dinner, and night routine be more efficient than three spread doses?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Believe it's better to have multiple windows of protein intake daily. Would a morning, lunch, dinner, and night routine be more efficient than three spread doses?
I believe more frequently is better to a degree, 4-6meals is going to be better then 1-3 meals for maximizing everything. Especially from a digestive system standpoint. If your eating 4000 calories in 4-6 meals it's going to be a heck of a lot easier on your body than it is to eat 4,000 calories in one sitting. All the protein you eat gets digested and broken down into amino acids. Whatever your body needs it will use.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Include protein on every meal and eat a minimun of 4 times a day. Imo.

Deltaone94

Deltaone94

Awards
Appreciate the responses. Getting several meal windows in daily. This question specifically was about 100 grams of protein powder consumed daily (8am, 12pm, 6pm, 10pm) vs (8am, 6pm, 10pm) Tony Huge theorizes that more windows is better which makes more since.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Appreciate the responses. Getting several meal windows in daily. This question specifically was about 100 grams of protein powder consumed daily (8am, 12pm, 6pm, 10pm) vs (8am, 6pm, 10pm) Tony Huge theorizes that more windows is better which makes more since.
While I agree, I wouldn't pay too much attention to Tony huge, 90% of what he says is nonsense, he's great entertainment tho. Also, you your results will be far greater eating real food then it will with a ton of protein powder. Protein powder is great if your in a rush or post workout but if your consuming the majority of your protein from powder then you need to work on your diet. Meal timing is important, but you need to actually be eating meals

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Worrying between 3 or 4 meals is splitting hairs imho.

Days you have time eat 4, days you maybe are busier eat 3, or just do what is easiest to stick to.

Just do what Smont said. (y)

Deltaone94

Deltaone94

Awards
YOU wouldn't!
Went with another option.

While I agree, I wouldn't pay too much attention to Tony huge, 90% of what he says is nonsense, he's great entertainment tho. Also, you your results will be far greater eating real food then it will with a ton of protein powder. Protein powder is great if your in a rush or post workout but if your consuming the majority of your protein from powder then you need to work on your diet. Meal timing is important, but you need to actually be eating meals
Worrying between 3 or 4 meals is splitting hairs imho.

Days you have time eat 4, days you maybe are busier eat 3, or just do what is easiest to stick to.

Just do what Smont said. (y)