Propranolol

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That's what I use. The ER is more of a take one in the morning and go on about your day and can be taken every day. The immediate release, you would want to wait until about an hour before you're going to do something that you know will make you anxious.
I guess I will see how it does and if it makes a noticeable difference I may end up using it daily. Is there any risk of tolerance build up with it?

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I am just copying this from another thread where I posted it.
9:00am - wake up
9:15am - weak cup of coffee
9:30am - 80mg ER Propranolol
9:40am - HR 96bpm
10:30am - exam starts
12:30pm - exam over
12:45pm - HR 60bpm

Again, I don’t ever get nervous during exams bevause I tend to do very well even with minimal studying. I did feel focused, slightly calmer, a bit more talkative/confidence boost in conversation, and I felt like I was able to realize my mistakes on calculations and pull information from the back of my mind, meaning it didn’t take me as long to sit there and figure out what I needed to do.

An exam wasn’t the best judge since I’m normally fairly calm, but I did notice a few positives. Also, my heart rate is never that low. Lol

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The ER part is interesting. Not really knowing this stuff, I wonder how much different of an effect it has from a peak standpoint.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah, I was wondering how it would compare. I have seen some doses up to 160mg so I’m wondering how much of a difference I’d notice doubling it since it is releasing that 80mg throughout the day, rather than 40mg all at once. Or possibly getting instant release to take on top of the ER before the actual event I’m using it for.

These next couple months will give me plenty of opportunities to try it out some more. I have quite a few nerve racking things coming up.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I guess I will see how it does and if it makes a noticeable difference I may end up using it daily. Is there any risk of tolerance build up with it?
No, but there is always the possibility of some rebound symptoms if you take it daily and then quit immediately rather than weaning off. If you have general anxiety, I'd give daily a try.

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
propranolol is a life saver for the physical symptoms of anxiety. Be careful mixing it with certain stimulants as there is a paradox where in will increase blood pressure even more thus a doctor would never give it to a patient who was suspected of overdosing on coke.

anyways my doctor prescribed it to me last summer and I love it, I usually use 1-2 20mg pills a day. Today i had a practical for PT school and i used 50 mg spaced out a few hours before. This is probably the closest thing to you can get to a benzo but its not even close to a benzo if that makes any sense so if you go searching it for that reason you will be very disappointed. If you have a tachycardia, flushing face, shaking, cracking voice, sweating usually due to social situations, interviews, presentations, this could be just what you need.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Today I took the 80mg ER in the morning, then an hour the test, I emptied the capsule, took half of the little beads and chewed them up to get an instant release effect.. bad idea.

First, they tasted terrible. Second, after about 30 minutes I was feeling like I was going to pass out for next 2 hours. I felt awful. I almost used my Albuterol inhaler to see if that would bring me back to life, but decided I should probably not introduce more drugs. Lol

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Today I took the 80mg ER in the morning, then an hour the test, I emptied the capsule, took half of the little beads and chewed them up to get an instant release effect.. bad idea.

First, they tasted terrible. Second, after about 30 minutes I was feeling like I was going to pass out for next 2 hours. I felt awful. I almost used my Albuterol inhaler to see if that would bring me back to life, but decided I should probably not introduce more drugs. Lol
Jesus man. I hope you never try that again, but glad you're alright.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Not my best idea ever, I’m used to needing the highest dose of things to get benefits. It looks like I’ve finally found something where that’s not necessary, though.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good lord, is there a reason you did that? Isn't the 80mg working for you? If not, maybe try the non ER.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Good lord, is there a reason you did that? Isn't the 80mg working for you? If not, maybe try the non ER.
The 80mg did work, I read of quite a few people who took additional instant release right before the actual event, and so I tested it and it just made me feel awful lol

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I took one cap the other morning around 7:00am and drove out of state to meet with a company for a possible future job. I got there around 10:00am. I felt really calm and confident during the meeting. It was really easy to talk and I didn’t seem to have any problems putting my thoughts into actual words.

I even stayed fairly calm and less bothered on the road which is saying a lot considering I had to go to Texas and their drivers are literally the worst.. Lol

But all in all, I finally got to test it out in a situation where I would normally be very nervous and it was awesome.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I took one cap the other morning around 7:00am and drove out of state to meet with a company for a possible future job. I got there around 10:00am. I felt really calm and confident during the meeting. It was really easy to talk and I didn’t seem to have any problems putting my thoughts into actual words.

I even stayed fairly calm and less bothered on the road which is saying a lot considering I had to go to Texas and their drivers are literally the worst.. Lol

But all in all, I finally got to test it out in a situation where I would normally be very nervous and it was awesome.
Nice. Glad it worked well for you. Also, as someone who is counting down the days until he gets the @#$% out of Dallas in April, I can attest to the horrible drivers.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I just called my doctor about this! Dealing with some terrible anxiety and more heart-related fun and bisoprolol controls the HR and BP to a certain extent but doesn’t touch anxiety.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bump. Question at the end...

I requested this when out of nowhere I became very anxious in a small group meeting I was leading. It was odd, as I was leading larger groups all the time.

After using this miracle drug at 10mg an hour before a presentation I realized I was anxious almost all the time I wasnt on it, I just didn't know it until it was controlled.

Now I'm 6 days into taking 80mg ER, and also 10mg extra if a huge presentation. The only negative I've found is yesterday I felt so tired and fatigued all day. If this doesn't pass I have to stop taking it - to note, today wasn't very bad but my environment was different.

Has anyone else had the same fatigue, and if so, does it pass?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Bump. Question at the end...

I requested this when out of nowhere I became very anxious in a small group meeting I was leading. It was odd, as I was leading larger groups all the time.

After using this miracle drug at 10mg an hour before a presentation I realized I was anxious almost all the time I wasnt on it, I just didn't know it until it was controlled.

Now I'm 6 days into taking 80mg ER, and also 10mg extra if a huge presentation. The only negative I've found is yesterday I felt so tired and fatigued all day. If this doesn't pass I have to stop taking it - to note, today wasn't very bad but my environment was different.

Has anyone else had the same fatigue, and if so, does it pass?
I would give it at least another week if you can. 6 days doesn't seem very long as your body gets used to it and they may be another issue that has you fatigued as a coincidence. I would check your blood pressure though to make sure you're not too low as hypotension could make you feel that way. I believe there should be a 60mg version of the extended release as well, so you could work with you physician to maybe drop down to that.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Since this post I have felt normal. I guess just an adjustment to the decreased HR. This stuff is awesome for public speaking

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you haven't tried Aniracetam, I would highly recommend it as an addition. I find it more effective for dealing with the actual anxiety piece and the benefits of improved speech and thought organization further increase the confidence in public speaking engagement. I find propanolol to shine in the physical aspects of anxious public speaking. The voice wavering, pounding heart, and flushing.

cruze1911r1

cruze1911r1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I came across this thread doing some searching and thought I'd give it a bump. I've been taking 20mg/day for a while now at night to help with getting to sleep. I hadn't given the side effects much thought until recently. I got back into training and dieting and wanted to see what effects, if any, the meds I'm on would have on hormones etc. As it turns out, propranolol can have a negative impact on testosterone, HDL/LDL and fasting glucose levels. My recent labs would suggest I may be experiencing the negative sides in regards to cholesterol and glucose. My diet has been pretty decent and I'm training 6-7 days/week (I know, I need to take a day off more often). I'll post my lab results for reference. As far as testosterone levels go, I'm not going to make a definite assertion the propranolol is negatively affecting that. However, it has been shown in a study to do so. I'll post links for those as well. I'm not saying the lab results are a direct result of propranolol use, I thought I would share it so others who are using the med can take it into consideration. We're on this forum because we want to build muscle and be healthy. This med may have a negative impact on those goals.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Juicedeez utz Anabolics 2