Product logging method (votes private)

Will you log a product at the request of placing a security deposit ?

• Yes, I don't have a problem with this.

Votes: 22 56.4%
  • No, I would not feel like having to front money for logging

Votes: 17 43.6%

• Total voters

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
This kinda stirred my interest so I'll make a poll for it and keep the votes private.

If you were allowed the opportunity to log a product for a company, but the catch was that you needed to put a security deposit in order to try it out, in which it would be returned upon completion of the log would you do this ?

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I cant believe that anyone in their right mind would do that. I'd never pay money to test a product, even though I'd get my money back if I posted a log.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I cant believe that anyone in their right mind would do that. I'd never pay money to test a product, even though I'd get my money back if I posted a log.
if it was something I was considering buying anyhow, why not? right now i'm looking at picking up a box of Atrophex since BSN is on sale, but i'd just as soon pay for it and get the cost refunded at the end of my log.

john123131

john123131

Awards
  • Established
Logging has its pros and cons.

I love seeing products logged, but really am not a fan of the recent trend of having too many reps log. Some, not all are goona give a postive review out of respect for that company. Again, Im not saying all...I just know it happens.

2, reps get soooooooooooo much free product already I really like seeing it go to other people. Do I apply for logs, sometimes, but I never really care if I get it because Id rather see the consumer log it then me....I am a consumer, but do get my fair share of product from friends.

While I am on my rant.....We should work on keeping logs clean and organized. Just meaning ihave been trying to read through some logs lately to see if I may be interested in that product due to good results, bad results, etc....and they are just pages and pages of BS...haha...not bit*ching, just wish it was easier to find some info im looking for sometimes.

Reaper sorry this was a little bit of a hijack, my answer to your question is NO, no deposit....

Saurabh

Awards
No.

I would not like to be the guinea pig for an unproven product. Samples is one thing but to test out an entire bottle of an unproven product, thats just not me.

Paying for that is secondary really.

I would much rather spend money on sample packs, say a week's worth on typical products, any less and I dont see how I will see an effect.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
if it was something I was considering buying anyhow, why not? right now i'm looking at picking up a box of Atrophex since BSN is on sale, but i'd just as soon pay for it and get the cost refunded at the end of my log.
I'm with Easy, I wouldn't log a product I wasn't interested in...so I wouldn't have a problem puting a deposit down; chances are that I was going to be buying it anyways.

also, I would see the reps motivation for doing something like this...who's to say that once you get your free product that you'll do what you said you would...maintaining a propper log. how many logs do you see that are half ass, not up to date, or incomplete (logger gives up on status after a week or so)?

I will also agree with john, I've had a horrible time reading through some of the 3-ad logs...so much garbage to sift through!

Dadof2

Dadof2

Awards
  • Established
I voted no, not so much because I would have a problem paying for the product upfront, but because this shows a flaw in the system so to speak.

I think that a person chosen to log a product should be chosen based on his/her contributions to the community, and this includes past logs (sponsored or otherwise).

I think that choosing a committed member would be more effective than choosing someone who pays a deposit and is forced to do a log. Who is to say that someone who pays decides to crap out and just fake a log just to get his money back? Whereas the person who has repeatedly kept good logs, as well as good standing in the community would be much less likely to do such a thing.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I voted no, not so much because I would have a problem paying for the product upfront, but because this shows a flaw in the system so to speak.

I think that a person chosen to log a product should be chosen based on his/her contributions to the community, and this includes past logs (sponsored or otherwise).

I think that choosing a committed member would be more effective than choosing someone who pays a deposit and is forced to do a log. Who is to say that someone who pays decides to crap out and just fake a log just to get his money back? Whereas the person who has repeatedly kept good logs, as well as good standing in the community would be much less likely to do such a thing.

yeah this is a good point. paying to secure a product, then getting the money back anyways. that's a good point.

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
no, definitely not pay a deposit. companies should have a good "feel" from, and reputation with, anyone who is a potential logger.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
good point!

clayu86

clayu86

Awards
This kinda stirred my interest so I'll make a poll for it and keep the votes private.

If you were allowed the opportunity to log a product for a company, but the catch was that you needed to put a security deposit in order to try it out, in which it would be returned upon completion of the log would you do this ?

thats whatyoushould do and also say make the person sign an agreement saying that if they should fail to log that they would have to pay the full amount...I also think that a credit card number should be taken in case someone should fail to do what they are asked...can they do **** bout it...nope because they would have to sign the agreement which would make you eligible for the amount.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
How are you going to easily put down payments though? Not everyone has paypal and paypal also has processing fees (yes small, but this would still have to be addressed.)

What would the down payment be done through?

I honestly don't have a problem with putting a down payment on running a sponsored log but I would like to think I (and many other members on here) have proven themselves to be trustworthy (but than there is a very gray area of who is trustworthy so on and so forth.)

There are a lot of gray areas with this approach.

Cellardude

Cellardude

Awards
  • Established

thats a very good point. That tool muscleguy made such a fuss in the AM community. What a serious tool. Someone give me his address. Ill toliet paper the pricks house.

P.S that b.s excuse about not being able to afford a gym in NYC is bullshit. In nyc they have recreational programs that offer free gym membership to people. Is it super fancy and amazing? no but you'll get your stimulation of muscles and thats all you really need.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the deposit issue really is mostly for first time loggers. I guess that is a piece of the issue/question

People would like to see new + different people running logs, so it isn't the same people over and over again. Part of it is just to see different perspectives. Lots of people are at different points in their bodybuilding goals, and would like to see someone closer to themselves logging. So seeing new faces log would be great.

For the most part, once someone has logged once or twice successfully, the odds of them bailing are way smaller. its just that first time or two where the question is in place.

Maybe another way to approach it besides the refund at the end would be a gift certificate. Make them buy the product at nutra, show you their receipt to prove they did, and then at the end of the log give them a NP gift certificate for the amount of purchase. simplifies it a little