Preventing back injuries

arphaksad

Awards
Several years ago I herniated my disc because of bad deadlift form and tend to reinjure it. Looking for an ortho doc in Pilly area that lifts weights and can help me to injure-proof my back. Being 59, I can't afford any more such injuries.

thx

dds

dds

Awards
  • Established
I'm not adoc but if it was me who would use a trapbar to DL with from here on out even after u get your back fixed

BarryScott

BarryScott

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Did you/do you use a lifting belt?

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
Make two times a week use of a Glute Ham machine with a spotter so you can stretch right out and your posterior will become bullet proof. Good luck!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Several years ago I herniated my disc because of bad deadlift form and tend to reinjure it. Looking for an ortho doc in Pilly area that lifts weights and can help me to injure-proof my back. Being 59, I can't afford any more such injuries.

thx
I would also mention that the cause of injuring the back may not be due to a weak back, but tight hamstrings. Guys generally have tighter hamstrings than women. When your hamstrings are tight, form goes to crap. Really make sure your hamstrings are somewhat loose.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Check out clinicalathlete.com see if yuh can find a provider nearby. If not you could look into an online coach to help with something similar.