post cutting cycle dieting

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
any successful concepts on this topic appreciated. it appears one has to raise their calories at the end of any cycle, how do you keep from putting a bunch of the fat back on? especially with t levels way down. what works for youz guyz?

Ivan Drago

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I was wondering this same thing as I am to begin PCT soon...

candle25

candle25

Awards
  • Established
I'm currently cutting, but I plan on following the cut with another 10 week bulk. At the end of my 4th and final week of cutting my cals will be 2000/day. The plan is to begin increasing the cals by 500/week for 4 weeks PCT so that I'm back at 4000/day at the start of my bulk. The breakdown now and PCT will be 45P/30C/25F. When I start the bulk I'll switch to 30P/45C/25F. I think the high protein should minimize any catabolism and fat gain during PCT.

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
Raising your calories gradually is the key. Going from 2000 cals one day to 3500 the next will definitely lead to fat retention. Add a few hundred more cals every few days until you are back up to maintenance, do this over about 2 weeks. candle is right on with the protein intake too, keep that real high.

You can try using 7-oxo DHEA as well to keep from adding fat back on.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I diet with cycles thrown in there sporadically. I tend to eat closer to maintenance during PCT, but never above, I also back off on the cardio a little. I've had very good results with this method so far. Proper post-workout nutrition is curcial during PCT (moreso than while "on" IMHO) for retaining gains.

ManBeast