Possible chest strain/tear

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Last Monday It was chest day, I wasn’t able to make it to my normal gym. And I had to workout at my local neighborhood gym. It’s not too bad, I can still squeeze out good workouts. I start out with incline dumbbell press. I normally do 110lb dumbbells for 10-12 reps. This gym only has dumbbells up to 75 lb.

I pick up a set of 75s and I’m only able to do like 10 reps. My upper-inner bicep (part of bicep that touch’s your armpit if that makes sense) and my outer chest is extremely sore. I just brushed it off and continued my workout. I completely forgot about this and today which is Monday was chest day. I was able to make it to my normal gym. I was warming up with just 135 lb on barbell bench and here is this pain again. I don’t think much of it, I just think it’s normal soreness. I then throw on 225, which I’m not trying to sound like a douche but 225 is fairly light to me. I normally get 18-20 reps on it. I was at rep 8 when I had to rack it.The same part of my chest that was mentioned above was in extreme pain. I was tempted to call my girl and ask her to Uber here so she can drive my car home cause I live about 30 minutes away.

But anyways I immediately left the gym, I drive a All-Wheel Drive car so the steering is much tighter/heavier than a normal car. Let’s say it was painful ride home. Typing this now in bed, chest/upper-inner bicep is still very sore/painful. I know this is very vague, and I’m not sure what I’m looking for asking this. I guess just looking for people who had a similar problem. Thanks

(Btw I’m 24)

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Last Monday It was chest day, I wasn’t able to make it to my normal gym. And I had to workout at my local neighborhood gym. It’s not too bad, I can still squeeze out good workouts. I start out with incline dumbbell press. I normally do 110lb dumbbells for 10-12 reps. This gym only has dumbbells up to 75 lb.

I pick up a set of 75s and I’m only able to do like 10 reps. My upper-inner bicep (part of bicep that touch’s your armpit if that makes sense) and my outer chest is extremely sore. I just brushed it off and continued my workout. I completely forgot about this and today which is Monday was chest day. I was able to make it to my normal gym. I was warming up with just 135 lb on barbell bench and here is this pain again. I don’t think much of it, I just think it’s normal soreness. I then throw on 225, which I’m not trying to sound like a douche but 225 is fairly light to me. I normally get 18-20 reps on it. I was at rep 8 when I had to rack it.The same part of my chest that was mentioned above was in extreme pain. I was tempted to call my girl and ask her to Uber here so she can drive my car home cause I live about 30 minutes away.

But anyways I immediately left the gym, I drive a All-Wheel Drive car so the steering is much tighter/heavier than a normal car. Let’s say it was painful ride home. Typing this now in bed, chest/upper-inner bicep is still very sore/painful. I know this is very vague, and I’m not sure what I’m looking for asking this. I guess just looking for people who had a similar problem. Thanks

(Btw I’m 24)
Hopefully you'll get some responses from guys who've dealt with this type of thing ...

But aside from that, that sounds rough, man.

If you're able, I'd try to see a Dr.
There's no telling how long that could drag out.
.... And then depending upon what he tells you, maybe you can get some BPC, or something.

Bigmatt57

Bigmatt57

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Chest feels a lot better today, still very sore but not painful soreness if that makes any sense.

Will probably skip next Monday’s chest workout, give it an extra week to recover and see how I feel.

Nktalex

Awards
Chest feels a lot better today, still very sore but not painful soreness if that makes any sense.

Will probably skip next Monday’s chest workout, give it an extra week to recover and see how I feel.
Stretch and massage and skip chest for a while and go ham on back. Stretch abs massage chest daily. Dig out the pain. If the muscle gets hot then that’s it good sign of new blood flow which will get you healing

Nktalex

Awards

Your pain is from tightness. You are over working your chest muscle. It’s painful af to massage out but it’s obvious to me that’s what you should do. I’ve pulled a name in my neck bad doing 300lbs shrugs a while back. Jerked the weight. Couldn’t turn my head fully to the right for almost a year before it dawned on me. I would sit at work bored and dig my finger tips into my trap and neck muscles where the pressure points are and work at out for couple hours a day! Dug out the pain and retained full range of motion and healed. No dr needed