Polygala Tenuifolia?

soxbsbll05

soxbsbll05

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Has anybody used this before? The studies and feedback all over the internet are quite interesting!

Sculptor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I recently ordered some. Will update after using it for a week or two. I also agree that it looks quite promising.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Has anybody used this before? The studies and feedback all over the internet are quite interesting!
I've tried it and just experienced anxiety and brain fog. However, I tend to react negatively to most things. So, take that for what it's worth...

soxbsbll05

soxbsbll05

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I've tried it and just experienced anxiety and brain fog. However, I tend to react negatively to most things. So, take that for what it's worth...
I’m the same way and it’s no fun! If you don’t mind, is there anything OTC that helps you with general/social anxiety?

My doctor wants to put me on Prozac and Klonopin and that is not appealing to me whatsoever.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m the same way and it’s no fun! If you don’t mind, is there anything OTC that helps you with general/social anxiety?

My doctor wants to put me on Prozac and Klonopin and that is not appealing to me whatsoever.
The best so far have been aniracetam, taurine (or magnesium taurate), high dose of rhodiola (more sedating effect), phenibut (nothing more than 500 mg/day), kratom, tianeptine sodium, etc. However, none of them worked as well as a low dose of an ssri like zoloft (which unfortunately worsens my depression if taken for too long or for too high of a dose). Also, I seem to experience tolerance to all of those supplements after a while and have to rotate to something else. It's very frustrating (not to mention time-consuming and expensive).

soxbsbll05

soxbsbll05

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
The best so far have been aniracetam, taurine (or magnesium taurate), high dose of rhodiola (more sedating effect), phenibut (nothing more than 500 mg/day), kratom, tianeptine sodium, etc. However, none of them worked as well as a low dose of an ssri like zoloft (which unfortunately worsens my depression if taken for too long or for too high of a dose). Also, I seem to experience tolerance to all of those supplements after a while and have to rotate to something else. It's very frustrating (not to mention time-consuming and expensive).
Sounds exactly like me

I am trying aniracetam now at 750mg dosage and while it helps with anxiety, it basically numbs me and I feel like a zombie. I liked SNS S&A Support but I believe either the Bacopa or Rhodiola caused extreme fatigue as well so I stopped. I am starting it up again and am going to try to only use 1-2 caps/day instead of the 2-3/day I was doing prior.

I also just ordered some SNS Phenibut to use sparingly, mainly for my client presentations. Do you the Phenibut during the day at all or just at night? The Tianeptine Sodium is also intriguing but I have yet to try it.

I also sub in 50mg of Zembrin Kanna every now and then. I totally understand how it gets expensive very quick when you are cycling 3-4 different things on a week to week basis!

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds exactly like me

I am trying aniracetam now at 750mg dosage and while it helps with anxiety, it basically numbs me and I feel like a zombie. I liked SNS S&A Support but I believe either the Bacopa or Rhodiola caused extreme fatigue as well so I stopped. I am starting it up again and am going to try to only use 1-2 caps/day instead of the 2-3/day I was doing prior.

I also just ordered some SNS Phenibut to use sparingly, mainly for my client presentations. Do you the Phenibut during the day at all or just at night? The Tianeptine Sodium is also intriguing but I have yet to try it.

I also sub in 50mg of Zembrin Kanna every now and then. I totally understand how it gets expensive very quick when you are cycling 3-4 different things on a week to week basis!
Aniracetam also causes some brain fog and numbness for me. Seems like anything that helps anxiety has these effects...

When I take phenibut I either use 250 mg in the morning or 500 mg at night (not both, I pick one and stick with it). I really don't notice much unless I take it daily and then after about a week, the anti-anxiety effects kick in. I assume it needs time to build up in my system since I take doses lower than most (but on a daily basis). I'll use it daily for 2 or 3 months and then take some time off. At such low doses I don't experience any withdrawal effects (but I do replace it with something else calming, so that could be why).

At this point, I wouldn't bother trying tianeptine sodium. It's so hard to get ahold of now (and will get much worse after January 1st when the ban on tianeptine and other supplements/nootropics in china kick in) that it's not worth starting.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Do not take phenibut daily ffs

And poly made me feel weird. That was all

Sculptor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well so far not sure what to think about this stuff, I’ve used it about 10 days now. At first I felt like I noticed extra focus. I quickly switched to sublingual dosing as that is what I saw was most effective for people on reddit. I typically take it in the morning and let it chill under my tongue for a min or so and then drink my preworkout. I definitely noticed better concentration at work for the first few days, this is important for me as I’m a software engineer and sometimes if I’m stuck on something, it’s really hard to get the motivation to dive back in and continue to bang my head against a wall until I figure it out. With the polygula, I didn’t have this problem. I wouldn’t call it a relentless motivation like you can sometimes get with adderall but it was there.

I also notice a slight calmness with poly. At lot say it’s stimulating, that’s not something I’d say is true for me but there’s a definite calm focus to it.

I haven’t noticed any sleep benefits, in fact my sleep has been horrible lately but that could be attributed to other things.

One weird thing to note is I’ve noticed a lot of people on the internets have given anecdotes that this helps them not focus on the past or problematic memories. But I’ve also seen people say that with continued dosing they sort of became arseholes socially because they just didn’t care what others thought. I’m not sure if there is any correlation but I will day that after about 7 days straight of dosing, I became very irritable and short fused. I found myself preferring being alone vs social situations. I typically like to be social but sometimes need some recharge alone time but this felt different. Just a sort of underlying anger. It wasn’t horrible, in fact it was very motivating in the sense that it made me want to be better and also better than those around me. But all in all it was quite weird.

I’m wondering if this is something that should be used non frequently like phenylpiracetam where I dose it once a week or something. I’m going to take a few days off and see if my mood changes. Then I will start again and see if I notice the same pattern.

Sculptor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just wanted to update that I’m liking the occasional sublingual dose of polygala in the mornings when I’ve been feeling flat mood wise. Seems to give me the extra little kick I need. And sleep that night is good too. The next day I feel great without needing to take it. I’ve also found that it seems to help with tolerance to certain things like stims specifically.

Anyways, I think this has its place. Not a staple for me but will definitely continue to use on occasion.

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just ordered some from Nootropics Depot I will let you know my thoughts!

drseuss6969

drseuss6969

Awards
  • Established
Poly just makes me feel weird as well. I try it every few weeks and regret it. It is from ND so I know it it legit.