Planning a Velocity Diet

jdev

Awards
  • Established
I have to buy my own food now so i figured that w/ the velocity diet i could lose some weight and not cook, and probably save some money. I was takin a look at a log for it and will base mine on that.

One question i have is can I use milk in my shakes?
Also is there any problem w/ using whey shakes during the day? Its a bit cheaper.

So ill probably take something like 25-30 fish oil caps a day assuming that NP has it in stock by July 4. Otherwise ill go to VS and get their liquid for about the same price.

Ill also plan on taking Golden Flax Seed Meal from NP at about 12 tbsp a day with my shakes. Ill buy 10 bags as ill probably be going through 1 bag every 3 days.

With the protein shakes, im planning to use a double serving of Scivation (if it remains at the same price til july 4) 5x a day w/ 2 tbsp of flax in each shake.

Post Workout (instead of one of the 5 shakes)
Relentless or

Pre Bed
Ultra Peptide 2
or
EAS Soy/Whey/Casein blend

10g sugar
1 piece of wheat bread
2 scoops of whey protein

Other Supps-
AX Rampage 3 or 4 tabs a day
PEA+Hordenine 3 caps a day
Multi
P5P
Vitex
Xtend - 2 servings pWO
Beta-Alanine 4g pWO
CreaPure 5g pWO
Vit C
Vit E

Haven't decided on the others yet

I have these
Maca
Icariin 10% powder
Bulk 1-C
Gaba

Im thinking about these
DTH
Act X
Restore
ZMA
Saw Palmeto
Super Cortisol Support

any suggestions? comments?

thanks for your help

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, what the hell do you plan on eating here? Whey protein, flax and milk? That sounds incredibly lazy and stupid.

jdev

Awards
  • Established
Umm okay

Anyway its basically the velocity diet. look it up.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Just out of a recommendation, the only thing that will do is give you some crazy velocity towards feeling sick, weak, and losing muscle me thinks.

Dont be afraid to eat man, your body needs nutrition and I doubt this will even give ample nut.

There are much better ways to diet or cut or whatnot.

Just give yourself a decent cal restriction, manage yourself, and develope a more intense cardio program. But you have to consume more than liquid, supps, and a slice of bread or two...

jdev

Awards
  • Established
hmm
ive seen several logs of people using it. They haven't gotten sick. There was an update w/ one meal a day, but i wanted to try this one first to see if i could do it.

Has anyone had experience doing this diet before?

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
if you're the same jdev i'd seen on another forum a year back, you don't need to even be concerned with such an extreme diet. if you're that guy, you're smart as heck and can cut weight in a healthy way.

but if you're not who i think you are, disregard this comment.

jdev

Awards
  • Established
umm BB?
thanks i guess. But what makes you think that?

The reason for doing this is so i don't have to cut for a few months. I can just cut for 3 or 4 weeks and then go back to bulking. Using this diet, you don't lose muscle and you lose fat.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just did a quick read on the "Velocity Diet" and I have to say that is the stupidiest thing I have ever heard. Yah you might lose wieght but it's only temporary as you going to kill your metabolism. Losing fat slowly and steadily with a sound nutrition plan that is aimed at making you healthier and stronger is the way to go. The only time for extreme dieting is if your going to hit the stage, and if your going to do that why wouldn't you just do a procontest type diet.

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Umm okay

Anyway its basically the velocity diet. look it up.
I don't need to look anything up because I understand nutrition and dieting. Look that up.:aargh:

TheLegend

Awards
No you are not supposed to use milk if you are actually doing the velocity diet. Lactose has a high reaction with insulin and the whole point of the velocity diet is to keep you insulin in check.

chim_chim

Awards
If you've read the Velocity Diet at t-nation, you know that milk is not allowed. It becomes something other than the Velocity Diet if you do that.

Addressing some of the above posts: the Velocity Diet is not meant as a longterm eating lifestyle. It is meant to lose fat as quickly as possible over 4 weeks, and also to resensitize the user to the taste of healthy foods.

I do think that it is a poor choice if you are trying to acclimatize yourself to buying and cooking food. You're basically avoiding all of those issues, which you WILL have to come to grips with. You are definitely setting yourself up for failure in 2-3 months -- and anyway, the strict-definition Velocity Diet is meant to reintroduce healthy foods in a transition phase after the 4 weeks.

Learn to cook maybe 3-4 healthy meals, and rotate between those. Get a chicken breast recipe, a lean beef recipe, and maybe a salmon or tuna recipe. Add some veggies, such as microwaved frozen mixed vegetables. It's not hard, and you can introduce variety as you feel the need.

Lactose has a low glycemic index: 46, with sucrose at 65, and glucose at 100. But that isn't the point; the V-Diet restricts all carbs, period.

Lots of misinformation in this thread.

Iannotti

Awards
If you've read the Velocity Diet at t-nation, you know that milk is not allowed. It becomes something other than the Velocity Diet if you do that.

Addressing some of the above posts: the Velocity Diet is not meant as a longterm eating lifestyle. It is meant to lose fat as quickly as possible over 4 weeks, and also to resensitize the user to the taste of healthy foods.

I do think that it is a poor choice if you are trying to acclimatize yourself to buying and cooking food. You're basically avoiding all of those issues, which you WILL have to come to grips with. You are definitely setting yourself up for failure in 2-3 months -- and anyway, the strict-definition Velocity Diet is meant to reintroduce healthy foods in a transition phase after the 4 weeks.

Learn to cook maybe 3-4 healthy meals, and rotate between those. Get a chicken breast recipe, a lean beef recipe, and maybe a salmon or tuna recipe. Add some veggies, such as microwaved frozen mixed vegetables. It's not hard, and you can introduce variety as you feel the need.

Lactose has a low glycemic index: 46, with sucrose at 65, and glucose at 100. But that isn't the point; the V-Diet restricts all carbs, period.

Lots of misinformation in this thread.

Nice to see a post with some common sense...Its a very good diet if you fit the profile its designed for.

jdev

Awards
  • Established
At the moment im going to try to cut using whole food. I think i have already lost a little weight (1-2%? and started 2 or 3 weeks ago). However ill probably do this for 3 weeks for a summer cut next year