Pinched nerve

J

jonnyroyal86

Awards
Hey guys n gals has anyone had a pinched nerve in the neck or shoulder so severe that it has affected the size of their tricep? I've been battling this for a year now. Been to the chiro, my hips were out of whack, but now I'm straight n holding. I've been using a foam noodle to sleep on also rubbing out knots in my scapula n back with a lacrosse ball. For those who helped with my plantar fascitis, thank you. I'm about 85℅ n still doing therapy with golf ball n frozen water bottle.

marm2017

marm2017

Awards
Hey! This happened to me. Actually, the pinched nerve led to a dramatic drop in tricep strength. After going for 3 months to the chiropractic clinic, pain subsided and strength returned. How are you doing?

hamzazaidas

hamzazaidas

Awards
Hey guys n gals has anyone had a pinched nerve in the neck or shoulder so severe that it has affected the size of their tricep? I've been battling this for a year now. Been to the chiro, my hips were out of whack, but now I'm straight n holding. I've been using a foam noodle to sleep on also rubbing out knots in my scapula n back with a lacrosse ball. For those who helped with my plantar fascitis, thank you. I'm about 85℅ n still doing therapy with golf ball n frozen water bottle.
I haven't experience it myself, but know someone who has.. and yes it can most definitely affect the size of your tricep, and in fact any other muscle as well.

The best thing you can do and should do is to continue your road to recovery as you have been doing, and will hopefully start to see improvements very soon!

T

tdthick

Awards
I have had this affect me 22 weeks ago. The 6-7 cervical nerve was pinched, shutting down any extension on left side of my upper body. Shoulder, and especially triceps and upper pec were dramatically affected. It basically was as though it was complete muscle wasting. The pulse couldn't get through that the muscle was need and dramatic atrophy occurred within a few weeks. Only had pain for 10 days out of the 22 weeks, but the symptom mentioned were enough to justify surgery to replace the disc that was pinching the nerve. Simple surgery, very non invasive, and it fixed the problem almost immediately. I had the surgery on the 27th of march, have been doing majority of normal activity since then, and finally got back in the gym this past Monday. Gained a few pounds already as well.

So from my experience with the same(or so it sounds) problem..... consult a neurologist immediately. The hoops that they and insurance may want you to jump through before doing it may take..... well, 22 weeks or more.

Best of luck. I know how bad it suks. Any questions that I may of help with , don't hesitate to ask....

hamzazaidas

hamzazaidas

Awards
One thing that can really help you is doing stretching 2-3 times a day.. to parts like your lower back.

These may be things like bending down and touching your toes.. or hip thrusts gently etc.

Doing these moves will slowly release or stretch out the area where the nerve is affected.

J

jonnyroyal86

Awards
Thanks , will do. I'm starting to get blood flow back in my tricep. I can feel a difference in size.

J

jonnyroyal86

Awards
Thanks for your input. I will get an appointment asap, just to be sure. But I have noticed I'm getting blood flow in my tricep now, there's a difference in size.

J

jonnyroyal86

Awards
Better after hardcore stretching n rolling in the lacrosse ball for 2min. I can feel a difference in size on my tricep, I know I'm getting blood flow now. How are you?

T

tdthick

Awards
Very old thread, but I too have had this. Weakness as well as atrophy. Threw balance off completely.

Ended up having a slipped disk pinching the nerve in my neck that was surgically replaced. Back in the gym in 3 weeks. AGAINST doctors orders of course.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think I’m having something similar except that all my left arm pulling/rowing is affected. I went from 6-8 pull-ups to 1 (which is basically a 1 arm right Armed pull-up)...

T

tdthick

Awards
I think I’m having something similar except that all my left arm pulling/rowing is affected. I went from 6-8 pull-ups to 1 (which is basically a 1 arm right Armed pull-up)...
Mine was years ago, but thinking my son has same right now. He is young, hope it isn’t a slipped disk already, 2 years I to the game, but could be likely.

S

seanmitchell12

Awards
Care is the best way to treat it. Messaging nodes can be painful at sometimes, but i used ice packs for treating inflammation.