Phenibut not doing it for me?

bulls**t

bulls**t

Awards
  • Established
After reading a variety of threads extolling Phenibuts ability to improve mood/euphoria, I bought some SNS Phenibut XT for friday nights.

2 weeks ago I took one gram on an empty stomach and had a few beers. Nothing.

1 weeks ago I took 1.5 grams on an empty stomach and had a few beers. Nothing.

This friday I took 2 grams on an empty stomach and had a few beers. Nothing.

I don't use recreational drugs, I don't take stims, I drink maybe 3 beers on a weekend at most, etc.

Most likely my brain is just too powerful, but what do you guys think is going on?

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
I dunno about using it as you describe, but I'm surprised you didn't feel sleepy. Where'd you buy it? Perhaps it is effective only for relaxation, not a mind/mood altering effect. When I have used it in the past, it is helpful in relaxing and sleeping, but I wouldn't describe that as something I'd expect to "feel" in a describable fashion.

waimoku

waimoku

Awards
After reading a variety of threads extolling Phenibuts ability to improve mood/euphoria, I bought some SNS Phenibut XT for friday nights.

I don't use recreational drugs, I don't take stims, I drink maybe 3 beers on a weekend at most, etc.

Most likely my brain is just too powerful, but what do you guys think is going on?

I can say I have only had the mixture in ABYSS and although I did get a good night sleep, I can say that I got better sleep on POWERFUL (GH releaser, no Phenibuts). As for mood, ALCAR seems to do the trick for me... one dose in the morning before the gym and I am in a great mood.

As for the bulls**t "my brain is too powerful". I have a PhD in Computer Science and a masters in Aerospace engineering... and I felt the Phenibut in ABYSS. Maybe you and your superbrain are just a non responders. Hope this was in jest...:fool2:

Dave0660

Awards
I ordered some bulk Phenibut from NP and got it in on Friday. I took 1 gram friday night and I was HIGH:woohoo: All my anxiety went away and I melted into my bed.

However, I still couldn't sleep so I took another gram. This was enough to get me to sleep, but when I woke up the next day I was STILL high. I didn't come down until about 2 or 3pm on Saturday. Phenibut is very strong stuff for me:thumbsup:

bulls**t

bulls**t

Awards
  • Established
Clearly it was facetious.
Regardless, congratulations on your academic achievements.

As for the bulls**t "my brain is too powerful". I have a PhD in Computer Science and a masters in Aerospace engineering... and I felt the Phenibut in ABYSS. Maybe you and your superbrain are just a non responders. Hope this was in jest...:fool2:

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
i dont really notice any difference with it when i am drinking, but when taken alone is when i feel it most. i generally take between 2-3.5g and it takes a while to kick in, so take it a few hours before going out.

Juicaholic

Awards
I had no luck with phenibut either. I was very dissapointed.

gotDOMS

would i get a similar effect from GABA bulk powder from NP?
i was planning on ordering some...
whats the difference between gaba vs. phenibut and which is better

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established

I don't get that drunk feeling until upwards of four grams. I do not recommend you do this. Add piracetam with the phenibut and mayber ALCAR and this will enhance the effects.

Big L

Awards
I picked up some bulk phenibut recently, planning on taking it once a week or so when going out partying as a substitute for beer, or so I could cut down my alcohol consumption since I'd heard it made people more sensitive to alcohol.

I started around 1g and didn't notice anything, then went up to about 1.8 and again didn't really notice anything. The last time I took it, I tried 2.5g and for the first couple hours it had no effect and I was ready to give up on it, but around the 2 hour mark I suddenly noticed I was in a really happy mood and I even felt some of what I normally get with a light alcohol buzz. It's hard for me to describe, but I felt quite a bit more social and really relaxed, as well as the euphoric feeling. I don't suffer from anxiety, but there was still a noticeable difference. I wanted to talk to everyone, and stopped thinking about the midterm I bombed earlier in the afternoon.

I had 3 drinks a couple hours later and the feeling lasted until around 4:00am (took phenibut at about 5:00pm). I did have a pretty crazy hangover the next day though. Not that I felt ****ty, I just slept until about 3:00pm and normally I'm an early riser. I'm gonna try 2.5-3g again next Friday and will see how it goes, but I personally wouldn't do it if I had anything on the go the next day.

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Phenibut is a matter of dosage and timing.

An hour before bed on an empty stomach, 1200mg (for me) still needs to be combined with a decent relaxation skill... Phenibut is like wine... it might help you sleep, but if you do it wrong it is just as likely to turn you into a party animal.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
Phenibut is a matter of dosage and timing.

An hour before bed on an empty stomach, 1200mg (for me) still needs to be combined with a decent relaxation skill... Phenibut is like wine... it might help you sleep, but if you do it wrong it is just as likely to turn you into a party animal.
Seems to me that based on feedback, phenibut is another supp that has varying efficacy from person to pesron. May be non-responders as well as good responders!

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Seems to me that based on feedback, phenibut is another supp that has varying efficacy from person to pesron. May be non-responders as well as good responders!
That is always true too. I guess I was being a bit wide there.
Good posting!

waimoku

waimoku

Awards
Clearly it was facetious.
Regardless, congratulations on your academic achievements.
Glad you have a sense of humor... sorry if I came across harsh, a lot of people are actually serious or at least serious smartasses.

Appreciate your congratulations...

To repeat my earlier comment, give ALCAR a try first thing in the morning on an empty stomach... I typically dose about 1/2-3/4 tablespoon and that works for me. I'm at 180 so you may have to adjust your dose accordingly.

I'm sure your diet is in check... however, I mention anyway going to a much cleaner diet helped my mood considerably as well. I was hating life when I cut out soda (even diet soda) but after the first week I felt like I had a much clearer head (I'm don't think it was the carbonation, more likely the caffeine... which is why I don't like stims... they seem to make me less tolerant if not irritable).

HQA

Awards

When did you take phenibut and when did you start drinking? I normally take it ~3hrs before I start drinking. I take ~2.5g and I def feel it with just a few beers.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My gf and I tried 2 grams on our first time on an empty stomache. I felt nothing and it didn't help me sleep. I think she felt a lil something off it though, but need to try agian to see for sure.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Ok I am completely sold on this product now.

I took 4 grams of neurobalance (not sure how this measures up to bulk phenibut, probably much more) because I was sure I wasn't responding to it (tried 2 grams previously) and then ended up sleeping for 14 hours straight! I woke up all thinking "ftw?!"

Mighta been a lil too much..Oooops! :blink:

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
Ok I am completely sold on this product now.

I took 4 grams of neurobalance (not sure how this measures up to bulk phenibut, probably much more) because I was sure I wasn't responding to it (tried 2 grams previously) and then ended up sleeping for 14 hours straight! I woke up all thinking "ftw?!"

Mighta been a lil too much..Oooops! :blink:
Like someone already mentioned, you have to find your sweet spot and timing. Sometimes (like yesterday) I can take two grams and be on cloud nine and sometimes I can take 4 grams and feel nothing. I usually take it in the early evening around 5:00 PM because I notice that it takes a good 2 hours to kick in. I stacked it with Huperzine A and Piracetam and felt great BTW.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 56
tyga tyga Supplements 16
RIPDanDuchaine Supplements 18
brofessorx Supplements 9
Supplements 7