PFlow's TRT + PED Chat & workout Logs via Tonal + dumbbells

PFlowReborn

PFlowReborn

Awards
How many days a week are you doing back and bi's? Im catching up on your thread and i see some Vertical pulls in one workout and horizontal pulls in another workout. So im assuming at least twice? The reason i ask is because up until i got sick a week ago i was on a tear for back gains, specifically lats We're getting wider and wider. The difference was more frequency and volume. I hadnt noticed at first but i was doing like 40 sets a week for back. Like 15 sets of vertical pulls, 15 sets of Horizontal pulls and Every time I went to the boxing gym. I was doing either five sets of body weight, pull ups or five sets of weeded pull ups as part of my warm up. At no point Did I ever feel like I was doing too much and it was just working like magic. Most of it happened by accidents and i didnt even realize that I had been doing that much. This wasn't even a planned thing for the most part. Some days i would just randomly do some extra pullups for no reason.

Obviously We can't train every single body part like that all at the same time or will be killing ourselves with 40 sets per muscle and we would burn out
Well when I can be consistent at home I get 3-4 days sometimes at most 5 days per week.. where I can get 1-1.5hrs of solid workout in.

So sometimes I can get 2x back-bis sessions in per week, I would love more time for more volume. Wish I could get 5-6 daily body splits.oer weeks going in my life for more volume concentrate on pump and intensity.

On time saving note robot vacuums are pretty good.and cheap now, since my kids are old enough (5 & 7) got 2x shark matrix bots that mop & vac on black Friday sale. Nice to only manage bots and so much less time cleaning the TX house floors.

I gotta come catch-up on your shrinking man blog this weekend.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Well when I can be consistent at home I get 3-4 days sometimes at most 5 days per week.. where I can get 1-1.5hrs of solid workout in.

So sometimes I can get 2x back-bis sessions in per week, I would love more time for more volume. Wish I could get 5-6 daily body splits.oer weeks going in my life for more volume concentrate on pump and intensity.

On time saving note robot vacuums are pretty good.and cheap now, since my kids are old enough (5 & 7) got 2x shark matrix bots that mop & vac on black Friday sale. Nice to only manage bots and so much less time cleaning the TX house floors.

I gotta come catch-up on your shrinking man blog this weekend.
I put the breaks on the cut the last week of october and then i hopped on cycle and put all the weight back on, all 20lbs or so while staying lean and keeping my abs. I took lots of progress pictures along the way and I was so happy. It was the most visual progress i've made in years between that cut and bulk. Then last friday i got sick and i lost like 14lbs this past week and somehow Got fatter at the same time. Like I don't think I could do that on purpose if I wanted to lol. How the **** do you lose fourteen pounds and get fatter 🤬🤬😂

PFlowReborn

PFlowReborn

Awards
I put the breaks on the cut the last week of october and then i hopped on cycle and put all the weight back on, all 20lbs or so while staying lean and keeping my abs. I took lots of progress pictures along the way and I was so happy. It was the most visual progress i've made in years between that cut and bulk. Then last friday i got sick and i lost like 14lbs this past week and somehow Got fatter at the same time. Like I don't think I could do that on purpose if I wanted to lol. How the **** do you lose fourteen pounds and get fatter 🤬🤬😂
That's nutty I have no idea how a sickness would cause weight loss and fat gain or why ones body would be like shift mass and store energy as a defence mechanism!?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
At least i got the pics lol. I know it will come back quick. I'll spend next week fixing my diet back up and adding my food back in.

That's nutty I have no idea how a sickness would cause weight loss and fat gain or why ones body would be like shift mass and store energy as a defence mechanism!?
Well the 14 lbs It's probably food in dehydration. Then you start holding water and weird places. Some of the medicines I was taking make me kind of bloated too. But my maitnence calories were like 3500 a day and i was eating that + a extra 1600cal from carbs on my high days twords the end.

And I got sick and I was barely getting two meals a day in. It wasn't so much that I wasn't hungry. It's just that everything sounded gross and made me want to throw up by thinking about it.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It screwed with my blood sugar too. My fasted was 117 this morning or yesterday, I can't remember if I checked it today or yesterday. But it should be like 85. Which is even weirder to me because if I'm eating less food, How is my blood sugar going up? Maybe all the cold meds and ****?

PFlowReborn

PFlowReborn

Awards
Well late post here from Friday morning pre work, chest and triceps sets.

Got the Nordic Hyper bench finally from Freak Athlete hope to get that up by weekend.

Now let's talk about sugar. Freaking so hard to cut sugar for me. Wish this stuff was less expensive would help a ton of I could get this "all purpose in the raw " https://www.amazon.com/All-Purpose-Raw-Natures-Calorie-Sweetener/dp/B08WYVV8KS/ " cheaper. This stuff is legit and being a stevia-monkfruit-allulose-erithyrol based sweetener is actually zero calorie and tastes and mixes just like sugar.

Realizing all these mass gainers I like (even the better ones) are just giant cups of maltodextrin with protein...and I am an idiot for not knowing that the stevia-malto blend powder sweetener I was using in my coffee last couple years was sabotaging myself.

Lately I've been using Agave instead of honey or sugar but that's not much better...

I realize it's about some self control too, but having legit options makes it easier to stay on mission.

I have other dietary limitations, but jebus American food has so much sugar in everything.

Attachments

PFlowReborn

PFlowReborn

Awards
At least i got the pics lol. I know it will come back quick. I'll spend next week fixing my diet back up and adding my food back in.

Well the 14 lbs It's probably food in dehydration. Then you start holding water and weird places. Some of the medicines I was taking make me kind of bloated too. But my maitnence calories were like 3500 a day and i was eating that + a extra 1600cal from carbs on my high days twords the end.

And I got sick and I was barely getting two meals a day in. It wasn't so much that I wasn't hungry. It's just that everything sounded gross and made me want to throw up by thinking about it.
Hope you're feeling better now, was it new variant COVID or RSV?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well late post here from Friday morning pre work, chest and triceps sets.

Got the Nordic Hyper bench finally from Freak Athlete hope to get that up by weekend.

Now let's talk about sugar. Freaking so hard to cut sugar for me. Wish this stuff was less expensive would help a ton of I could get this "all purpose in the raw " https://www.amazon.com/All-Purpose-Raw-Natures-Calorie-Sweetener/dp/B08WYVV8KS/ " cheaper. This stuff is legit and being a stevia-monkfruit-allulose-erithyrol based sweetener is actually zero calorie and tastes and mixes just like sugar.

Realizing all these mass gainers I like (even the better ones) are just giant cups of maltodextrin with protein...and I am an idiot for not knowing that the stevia-malto blend powder sweetener I was using in my coffee last couple years was sabotaging myself.

Lately I've been using Agave instead of honey or sugar but that's not much better...

I realize it's about some self control too, but having legit options makes it easier to stay on mission.

I have other dietary limitations, but jebus American food has so much sugar in everything.
Nothing wrong with natural sugars man. Just set your macro goals and fit stuff in there. Now if you have blood sugar issues then disregard, but the sugar fear is just that. A fear put into us by diet fads. I have 84g of honey every single day, alongside 150g pineapple, 150g banana, and 100g blueberry, and that doesn't even get into the 2lbs of fast digesting starches like rice cereal or regular white rice. It almost all becomes glucose, some of fruit and honey based stuff to fructose, but most of it gets broken down into glucose so the body doesn't know the difference once digested and in the bloodstream. Don't sweat the small stuff too much.

PFlowReborn

PFlowReborn

Awards
Nothing wrong with natural sugars man. Just set your macro goals and fit stuff in there. Now if you have blood sugar issues then disregard, but the sugar fear is just that. A fear put into us by diet fads. I have 84g of honey every single day, alongside 150g pineapple, 150g banana, and 100g blueberry, and that doesn't even get into the 2lbs of fast digesting starches like rice cereal or regular white rice. It almost all becomes glucose, some of fruit and honey based stuff to fructose, but most of it gets broken down into glucose so the body doesn't know the difference once digested and in the bloodstream. Don't sweat the small stuff too much.
That's a good point... I've often thought what has actually worked for me is more akin to tuning fuel/air/oil mixes to the engine of a car depending on one's performance goals.

I'll keep that in mind it's wierd how much carbs and sugars one still needs even in a deficit. You're right the 'avoid sugar to burn fat mantra' got in my head messing up my thinking up. Still feel like maltodextrin is misleading alternative marketing, might as well just use real sugars at that point anyway.

Anyhow, yesterday was just quick shoulder sessions between meetings 4x sets of overhead press + 4x sets upright rows.

Due to return of right elbow bursitits (from arm wrestling a former employer CEO on wooden bartable in AZ) I can lift fine on most all exercises, except for say front delt raises... or lifting a cast iron pan straight wristed... Man that blows up the little muscle over the elbow where bursitis is. So it messes with grip strength to hold or pickup things straight armed. Ugh.

Good news is other major exercises aren't affected and that should help rehab it, but not sure how to actually fix that - new old guy injury.

Attachments

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If it is actually bursitis not much you can do but manage the inflammation, and try to rest it from direct work if possible. If muscular or tendon then some self SMR of some sort might help with that.

I am surprised you are still out there armwrestling people. LMAO! I put that stuff behind me long ago. It often ended with a situation like you are in now. So now when people ask me I just tell them, Naw man, you would beat me, it's cool. You win.

At this point I would rather step into the ring and spar than risk armwrestling again. LOL

PFlowReborn

PFlowReborn

Awards
@akboom87 Xmas basketball hoop up!

Time to shed fat with jump shots and layups with the kids this spring. Well that and SNS Cocoabuterol and Alpha yohimbine lol.

Edit yesterday was also great finally got legs day on Tonal in with some extra rows and deadlift for back too. There will be more core with Freak Athlete bench next week too.

Got the modified bench and leg cuffs working to give me a leg/quad extension via Tonal now. It works well!

Attachments

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
@akboom87 Xmas basketball hoop up!

Time to shed fat with jump shots and layups with the kids this spring. Well that and SNS Cocoabuterol and Alpha yohimbine lol.

Edit yesterday was also great finally got legs day on Tonal in with some extra rows and deadlift for back too. There will be more core with Freak Athlete bench next week too.

Got the modified bench and leg cuffs working to give me a leg/quad extension via Tonal now. It works well!
Looks good, now let the fun begin!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Break in easy on cutting and driving the lane, give the connective tissue some time to catch up to the jumping and quick direction changes old man! :)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
PFlowReborn

PFlowReborn

Awards
Alrighty! Back from Mexico well a few days ago and kids were still out of school so no work out first week back but today got a solid back and biceps 💪 in.

Yeah I think NPP agrees with me just fine been using 200mg.Test mix + 100mg NPP per week (well ever other week over the holidays) and will get some mid cycle blood work soon.

Feel fine, need to get my cardio going by current weight sitting around 215lbs. Need to check escale.

Got dual instant pot pressure cooker + rice cooker pot so can speed cook daily more and eat better now inlaws are going back to abroad for a few months (no more Grandma cooking around my house).

Attachments

PFlowReborn

PFlowReborn

Awards
Bro seriously, I went out and put the hoop at 10' after the kiddos were done shooting around. Used to dunk easy from age 17-30, being 6'2" and maybe 175lbs no sweat now I barely could touch the backboard or about half way up the net at 43 at 215lbs with knees that need minor rehab.

Only layups and fingerrolls and jump shots..for me for awhile, maybe after I get my freak athlete Nordic hyper bench and dona lot of posterior chain & jump training.... Maybe I could grab rim again, ha.

Last edited:
akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Alrighty! Back from Mexico well a few days ago and kids were still out of school so no work out first week back but today got a solid back and biceps 💪 in.

Yeah I think NPP agrees with me just fine been using 200mg.Test mix + 100mg NPP per week (well ever other week over the holidays) and will get some mid cycle blood work soon.

Feel fine, need to get my cardio going by current weight sitting around 215lbs. Need to check escale.

Got dual instant pot pressure cooker + rice cooker pot so can speed cook daily more and eat better now inlaws are going back to abroad for a few months (no more Grandma cooking around my house).
Hope you had a fun trip with the fam! Nice session!

Potbelly

Potbelly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks my man! Wife and I got a great vacation with Mayan temples beaches and local tequila. Honeymoon 2.0 action like we hadn't in a long time.

Glad to see how well.you have been progressing too, did you have a good holiday?
82159319-1552-48D2-8DC9-14EA280C9EDB.gif

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks my man! Wife and I got a great vacation with Mayan temples beaches and local tequila. Honeymoon 2.0 action like we hadn't in a long time.

Glad to see how well.you have been progressing too, did you have a good holiday?
Nice sounds like a great time.
Yeah we did this year we didn’t travel just stayed at home and enjoyed the first Christmas with are daughter. Kinda disappointed we didn’t have feet of snow like last year 😂

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Glad you got some good vacation action!

Good luck getting back into the routine - remember, don’t let great be the enemy of good. Take the time you have and just get moving & try to bust your ass. Consistent hard efforts are what get results.

PFlowReborn

PFlowReborn

Awards
Glad you got some good vacation action!

Good luck getting back into the routine - remember, don’t let great be the enemy of good. Take the time you have and just get moving & try to bust your ass. Consistent hard efforts are what get results.
Yep thanks I've just accepted there will be weeks I get 3-4x solids days per week and weeks where I'm out for travel or holiday.

As long as I return back, quickly, and don't slide into being out for like a month, I'm usually good to retain strength.

Got some new weapons on like muscle tech iso whey clear and some real zero calorie sweetener to get my coffee and sugar intake cause of it I'm check.

PFlowReborn

PFlowReborn

Awards
Freak Athlete Nordic hyper GHD up, gym is done time to hang bars ropes accessories and tools and make space so I can quick roll gym up for sudden hail storms.. as planned.

Wholly heck got some deep.hyper extension at 45 in tonight will do full 90.hyper next feel way better from hams and lower back.

EDIT - escale update. Feeling good for 215lbs this time around. Bit much on % body fat but overall strong and feeling good.

To control sugar intake on coffee I must have got lucky on "all purpose in the raw" zero carolorie Stevia/monk fruit/erythritol blend. Got 8 bags of this stuff for $50 and two days ago same 8x bags now $100 and $140 this morning! Wow I will use it smartly only in coffee to reduce my sugar Intake.

And really like Muscle Tech Iso Why blue lemonade post workout.. after Muscle Addiction blue raz pre workout. https://www.muscletech.com/products/iso-whey-clear

Iso clear whey from MT, and Amino Energy from ON. That's what I need ways to get "flavor + water" in and it be good stuff for me not sugary juice, etc.

Attachments

Last edited:
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Glad you enjoyed the vaca, and sounds like you are geared up for some nice gains on the back end. Just do what you can, and do pushups and pullups on the weeks you can't train in a gym and you should be golden.

PFlowReborn

PFlowReborn

Awards
Just 4x sets of seated shoulder press and 4x sets of upright rows at lunch.

Bursitis in right elbow has calmed down, will attempt some front and lateral shoulder raises later after work.

Attachments

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Where'd you go? the Mayan ruins in Tulum I thought were phenomenal.

Did you stay in the cancun hotel zone or somewhere outside? we are going to Isla Mujeres for our third time here soon.

PFlowReborn

PFlowReborn

Awards
Where'd you go? the Mayan ruins in Tulum I thought were phenomenal.

Did you stay in the cancun hotel zone or somewhere outside? we are going to Isla Mujeres for our third time here soon.
We did back to back bus tours day 1-2, with Chichin-Itza temples day 1 and then Tulum were day 2. Each day was nice they do the tour bus with tequila tasting, lunch and cenote swim before the Temples visit.

Next time we would stay in the hotel zone along the sandbar with the beaches and kiddos this time we stayed at a hotel right outside the sandbar.

Next time I'd like to get to Cozumel perhaps. Def want to go back.. love the local food and coffee.

Isla Mujeres that looks cool I think that's where the Ferry's near the beach ran tours to from the Tall lookout tower ride.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
We did back to back bus tours day 1-2, with Chichin-Itza temples day 1 and then Tulum were day 2. Each day was nice they do the tour bus with tequila tasting, lunch and cenote swim before the Temples visit.
it's a long ride... it was enough of a long ride to scare my wife away from doing it again lol. But I really want to do the Chichin Itza trip one day, and honestly now that they have the train and everything, I want to spend some time in Merida and maybe Valladolid

Next time we would stay in the hotel zone along the sandbar with the beaches and kiddos this time we stayed at a hotel right outside the sandbar.
we stayed at the Solaris one time, the food was honestly horrible, the walls paper thin, it was a budget hotel and we had budget visitors out there fighting in the halls at 2am. we were only there for 2 or 3 days but ate mostly off resort despite being a.i...... so I wouldn't recommend that one. although it was kind friendly with some entertainment.

we are staying at Aloft this time for one night, near coco bongos, then walking to the ferry to head over to Isla.

Isla Mujeres that looks cool I think that's where the Ferry's near the beach ran tours to from the Tall lookout tower ride.
yeah we are going to just walk to the ferry this time. we were fortunate that our first two visits were during covid so we may have a skewed perspective on the Island.... we'll see in a month if we still love it! we actually had an offer accepted on a condo on isla mujeres a couple years ago but gratefully it fell through, construction was never finished... i think long term we'll end up on the pacific side of Mexico. I prefer the Caribbean side, but the pacific side at least is half the flight for us...

PFlowReborn

PFlowReborn

Awards
it's a long ride... it was enough of a long ride to scare my wife away from doing it again lol. But I really want to do the Chichin Itza trip one day, and honestly now that they have the train and everything, I want to spend some time in Merida and maybe Valladolid

we stayed at the Solaris one time, the food was honestly horrible, the walls paper thin, it was a budget hotel and we had budget visitors out there fighting in the halls at 2am. we were only there for 2 or 3 days but ate mostly off resort despite being a.i...... so I wouldn't recommend that one. although it was kind friendly with some entertainment.

we are staying at Aloft this time for one night, near coco bongos, then walking to the ferry to head over to Isla.

yeah we are going to just walk to the ferry this time. we were fortunate that our first two visits were during covid so we may have a skewed perspective on the Island.... we'll see in a month if we still love it! we actually had an offer accepted on a condo on isla mujeres a couple years ago but gratefully it fell through, construction was never finished... i think long term we'll end up on the pacific side of Mexico. I prefer the Caribbean side, but the pacific side at least is half the flight for us...
Man the train would be pretty fun when running it was new rail and think they're still adding to it, didn't see any engine on the track yet though.

When's it supposed to open?

Wife says Mexico reminds her of Sri Lanka if you replace the Spanish with Sinhala, so she felt pretty at home.

Post some good pics I would say except the site makes us low res pixel count before uploading.

I did go to Valladolid briefly on the tour.

Next time just going to rent a car perhaps but Uber also worked in Cancun area pretty well. Wonder how often I'll have to bribe the police lol?

Last edited:
Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Man the train would be pretty fun when running it was new rail and think they're still adding to it, didn't see any engine on the track yet though.

When's it supposed to open?
I think it opened in dec 2023 but had a few quirks. I'd expect it to be running pretty seamlessly anytime now.

Next time just going to rent a car perhaps but Uber also worked in Cancun area pretty well. Wonder how often I'll have to bribe the police lol?
Honestly?.... if you say down town maybe not too much of an issue but if you are driving on and off the hotel zone strip there probably a lot. I remember seeing traffic stops on and off on both sides, but I always in a cab so didn't bothered. I tend to go mx twice a year now (once for work, one for vacation) and i have still never rented a car. Uber is fantastic though. last feb we uber'd everywhere from San Pancho, Sayulita, Bucerias, to Puerto Vallarta etc. pretty cheap travel and aside from suicidal drivers, lower risk....

PFlowReborn

PFlowReborn

Awards
Alright, FINALLY got a good back and biceps (rows pull and curls) session in this morning.

Work and travel past couple weeks and next week a little more travel, but then I should be home office + gym steady for awhile.

TRT 200mg + 100mg NPP weekly seems to be a real nice therapeutic + strength and slow size gain combo. No sides, feel real good. When I go travel or work for a bit, out of the gym I'll just lower dosage to actual TRT level and drop the PEDs and just let the body clean out.

I need to step on e-scale but I feel like I've leaned up a bit since I took a bit of work/travel break from the gym a couple weeks. Was feeling a little bloated before, when cycling for a bit before the holidays there.

Going to try and get another near total body workout tomorrow too (press day), then travel and back Thurs next week.

Well I now know how weak my stupid hamstrings are. Jebus tried a nordic curl, even on a angle and can barely get half way down. I always had tight (and probably under developed) hams, I ran and jumped a lot as a kid in sports but had no balance to body strength training, mobility training knowledge. Well here's to a lot of nordic to come and hopefully less painful knees in due time.

Attachments

PFlowReborn

PFlowReborn

Awards
Been traveling and been sick back soon as I can. I need to study more physiology.