PES Prolific vs SNS Focus XT

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
Can someone with an analytical mind and a good amount of experience with both PES Prolific and the new SNS Focus XT give me a quick compare and contrast of anecdotal experiences with both?

I have been using Prolific and I love it but was willing to try Focus XT.

Thanks

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If you’re going for clean long lasting focus/energy then focus XT for sure. I like taking it before work. A nice blend of fast and slow release caffeine with l theanine to balance it out. A phenomenal choline blend with alpha gpc helps to prevent a crash and further enhance that focus and 1g of ALCAR is a great dose considering everything else in there. One of my daily staples on its own. Prolific is more like a beginners preworkout. A few solid ingredients in there but I would definitely need to double scoop it.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
The Express 42 is spot on. Focus XT provides a better sustained focus and energy, and Prolific is more of a general stimulant preworkout.

What are you looking to get from both products? Will you be using this as a preworkout? If your intention is more toward a mood/focus/cognitive function product I would highly recommend NootropiMax as well. Very complete ingredient profile and works very well for alertness, memory, and mental clarity.

shockrock3

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can someone with an analytical mind and a good amount of experience with both PES Prolific and the new SNS Focus XT give me a quick compare and contrast of anecdotal experiences with both?

I have been using Prolific and I love it but was willing to try Focus XT.

Thanks
Real life...Prolific is a weak pre-workout, only thing "mental" in it is a weak dose of the trademarked Cognizin i.e. Citicoline, the person above described it best "a beginner's pre workout".

SNS Focus XT is mind/focus/cognitive Nootropic formula that can be used to help study, get over humps at work, and it can be used as a pre-workout. Obvious difference Focus XT doesn't have Citrulline but it's not marketed as a pre-workout with pump ingredients. Everything else in there is far more superior than what PES is selling in their formula.

2 different formulas but Focus XT is much more advanced than Prolific ingredient wise.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Agreed with what others have said above. It's definitely worth picking up a bottle of focus xt and trying it since you haven't..

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for responses.

what about the cofee fruit extract neurofactor or whatever is in PES Prolific? I heard that it has been found in studies to actually boost cognition?

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Haven’t used the new Focus XT (looks like a nice upgrade) but have used the old quite a bit.

I’d just keep in mind you’d probably want to add some workout boosting ingredients to the new one to keep it comparable to Prolific.

Prolific is already one of the better pre-workouts in regards to focus and the Citrulline, Rhodiola, and higher Caffeine content will lend to better workouts.

The focus ingredients in Focus XT should get your mind geared up and focused but always found I enjoyed it more as a pick me up, daily productivity enhancer, etc. Toss a cap of SNS Vaso-6 and/or some Citrulline to it to aid in pumps and performance.

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
For workout would chose prolific but also found the focus to be excellent so use to use it for that after a workout with great effect. I don’t think the focus xt formula would have the same impact for working out, but then again you didn’t state what you wanted to use it for?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for responses.

what about the cofee fruit extract neurofactor or whatever is in PES Prolific? I heard that it has been found in studies to actually boost cognition?
Neurofactor is a very nice focus ingredient added to this formula and what makes it stand out. Anyone that has tried Prolific knows it will do the job and do it quite well. It doesn’t contain any of these newer crazy stims which many then degrade it but it is one of the better all around pres available.

I like Focus XT so don’t think I’m talking down on it, because only a noob would do so. But for a pre-workout setting, Prolific takes it. But give Focus XT a try and compare for your own judgement.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Neurofactor is a very nice focus ingredient added to this formula and what makes it stand out. Anyone that has tried Prolific knows it will do the job and do it quite well. It doesn’t contain any of these newer crazy stims which many then degrade it but it is one of the better all around pres available.

I like Focus XT so don’t think I’m talking down on it, because only a noob would do so. But for a pre-workout setting, Prolific takes it. But give Focus XT a try and compare for your own judgement.
I agree here, both are suited for different purposes.

Focus XT does still make a good pre-workout but with a heavy focus on the cognitive performance aspect as opposed to Prolific which is an all-rounder. Just remember that Focus XT is suited for that cognitive side whereas profilic is specifically a pre-workout.

For me, an energy drink is enough to get me going, and so Focus XT easily replaces that, and then some.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree here, both are suited for different purposes.

Focus XT does still make a good pre-workout but with a heavy focus on the cognitive performance aspect as opposed to Prolific which is an all-rounder. Just remember that Focus XT is suited for that cognitive side whereas profilic is specifically a pre-workout.

For me, an energy drink is enough to get me going, and so Focus XT easily replaces that, and then some.
Pretty much this. Given that Prolific has pre-workout specific ingredients, it would be better suited for a PWO. But if you're not using it as a PWO, you're just spending money on something that you're not really benefiting from, so Focus XT would make sens if you're not using it as a PWO. What I often do with nootropics or fat burners is add something like citrulline and/or nitrates to it so it can also serve a PWO and I now only need one powder with stimulants. There's really no "wrong" option here, as we're talking about solid products here.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Gotta agree with the general opinion of "different strokes"... For me, I personally see much more from focus xt (specifically the current/new version) than I did from prolific. While prolific has more of a pre workout style panel, for me it was too light on effects and impact and even double scooping was just mildly stimulating and that was about all. Focus xt gave me far more intensity and put me in a much better place mentally during my workout. Neither is goign to knock your socks off with energy but for me, focus xt was far superior for the other effects.