Peri-workout nutrition log (PA, HMB, PeptoPro, HBCD)

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Peri-workout nutrition log (PA, HMB, PeptoPro, HBCD) - Now also with Ergonine

After joining AM Ive rediscovered my passion for learning and trying new things and decided it would be a perfect place for me to log my newly started Peri-workout supplementation.

About me:
  • 37 years old male
  • Norwegian living in Sweden
  • Been lifting for 25 years
  • Natural
  • 189cm
  • 84kg
Ive been cutting since May and im down 6kgs now at 8% BF (DEXA). Just finished my 2 bottles of Erase-Pro+ (which i felt helped my cut) and wanted to try something new. After reading alot here and discussed with my good friend Danes i decided to add PeptoPro and HBCD to my intra workout drink. I have been drinking BCAA/EAA for a numbers of years but I wanted to focus more on performance and to my body carbs=performance. So this mix really seemed perfect for me.

In addition i got a hold of a bunch of HMB-FA (Clear Muscle) and found out about PA. Not seeing anything negative about those compounds I made a plan to add them to my Peri-Workout nutrition.

My plan looks like this:

45min pre-workout:
  • 15g Fearn Soy Lecithin Granuels
  • 3g HMB-FA
  • 2 scoops PES High Volume
  • 1 scoop PES Alphamine
  • 20mg Synephrine
Intra-workout:
  • 15g PeptoPro
  • 30g HBCD
  • 1g Electrolytes
(Some days my workouts are fasted early in the morning, on those days i will double the amount of PeptoPro and HBCD and start drinking that 15 minutes before my workout)

Post-Workout:
  • 45g Muscletech Phase-8
  • 30g 5% Nutrition REAL FOOD
  • 5g Creapure Creatine Monohydrate
I have not done any changes to my diet other than the added calories from PeptoPro, HBCD and Soy Lecithins. I track and log all my food on MyFitnessPal and my macros now look like this:

• 3066 calories
  • 240g Protein
  • 278g Carbs
  • 93g Fat
The added supplements has given me 200-300 extra calories so it will be interesting to see if that pushes me into maintenance calories. In addition I have a refeed every saturday evening where i eat whatever i feel like. I will eat all my meals for the day and then pretty much down whatever i want. Usually alot of ice cream :)

When it comes to my workout im following a program called BIG - Building Greatness by Jacob Hutton, Michael Cazayoux and Steve Cook. I had a retest week last week so I know where my strength is at for all the big lifts. All my workouts are logged on BodySpace as well as TeamBuildr. Starting Phase 3 on Monday October 10th. And the workouts will be like this:

Phase 3 Focus:

High Volume - Training days will start with a very high volume superset. You will transition between two movements on the clock. The goal is - 1. Create Muscle Growth by working in a rep range geared toward hypertrophy 2. Drive your lactic acid levels through the roof to trigger a growth Hormone response.

Once this superset is complete we will move into some structural Balance work.

Last - every day will finish with weak point training. We will give options to choose from and you will pick one or two options and attack your weakest body parts.

Cardio during this phase will be very minimal. Cardio options will be provided for anyone whose primary goal is to get lean.

Monday / Upper / Push/Pull
Tuesday / Legs
Wednesday / Traps/arms/Core
Thursday Off – Optional cardio
Friday / Upper / Push/Pull
Saturday / Legs
Sunday / Off - Optional cardio

I will be keeping my cardio in because im looking to become even more athletic. In addition i also do a ROMWOD session every day.

Measurments will be taken every friday morning. I also step on my FitBit ARIA scale every day, so ill track my weight and BF measurments that way. Its not ideal for BF but it usually shows between 8-9% and my recent DEXA had me at 8% so if nothing else i will get a sense off what is happening with the body if anything. I also wear a FitBit Blaze so ill be able to track my activity.

My plan is to do a weekly post at the end of each week to summarize my thoughts and results. Unfortunatey as a new member i wont be able to post pictures yet. But I will be updating my Instagram TheMrMuscle and when my posts get high enough ill add some pictures to the thread.

Any advice, suggestions or other feedback is welcomed. Looking forward to this!

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Subbed.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
This looks like it will be a good time, in to follow!

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Its just two things I would add and its:
-Better protein source after workout. PES Select would be good.
-add Ergonine . Nice stamle !betaine,Taurine,Creatine +++. You dont need to drink it before workout. Take it whenever you want :)

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Its just two things I would add and its:
-Better protein source after workout. PES Select would be good.
-add Ergonine . Nice stamle !betaine,Taurine,Creatine +++. You dont need to drink it before workout. Take it whenever you want :)
Yeah Phase 8 was a gift so I'm gonna use up what I got then get a tub of SELECT Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup! Also waiting for Ergonine to be available here in Sweden because i do like its profile.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah Phase 8 was a gift so I'm gonna use up what I got then get a tub of SELECT Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup! Also waiting for Ergonine to be available here in Sweden because i do like its profile.
I need to admit, I ordered High Volume because you love it and I wanted to give it a try (had stomach issues from Nitrates before). But there is no GI issues at all with HV :) I love it !

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In on this!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I need to admit, I ordered High Volume because you love it and I wanted to give it a try (had stomach issues from Nitrates before). But there is no GI issues at all with HV :) I love it !
Yeah I prefer the low stim PWOs and love a good pump. High Volume got me to drop my Dr Jekyll/No3 Drive stack in a heartbeat. I do like to add a little Alphamine (OG EU version) for a little extra energy though.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
WEEK 1

Measurments:

THIS WEEKTOTAL
ARMS-1CM-1CM
CHEST00
WAIST00
HIPS-1CM-1CM
THIGHS00
CALVES+1CM+1CM
WEIGHT+0,2KG+0,2KG
BODYFAT+0,1%+0,1%

Training:
This week i started a new Phase of the BIG program. Last Phase was very strength focused and now its very focused on muscle growth. This meant high volume and high intensity which resulted in me getting fore for the first time in ages. Workouts were long and awesome. I definitely got some great pumps but I dont know if that is the PA or just the workouts combined with High Volume.

Had 5 strength sessions (2 times thru the whole body), 7 yoga sessions and 2 active recovery sessions. As an example on how my workouts look, here is my second leg workout this week:

• 20 minutes warm up (crosstrainer, foam roller, active and passiv stretching, mobility work)
  • Speed Deadlift - 4x2
  • RDL/Walking Lunges SuperSet - 8x10 (60s rest between each set)
  • Barbell Hacksquat/Leg Extensions Superset - 3x8-10
  • Hip Thrust/Leg curl Superset - 3x8-10
  • Seated Calf Raise/Standing Calf Raise Superset- 3x8-10
  • HIIT on Stationary Bike - 10s On/60s Off x 10
Diet:
On point all week.
3 days of early morning workouts which means 4 days of 3000 calories and 3 days of 3200 calories. One of the 3200 calories days was on my refeed day so the total calories on that day was much higher. I dont track the macros of my refeed but in addition to the 3200 calories i had:

• 1 home made pizza
  • 0,5 home made Prince's cake
  • 7 protein bars
  • 2 tubs Ben&Jerry's
  • 8 pieces of bread with cheese and ham
  • 1 bag of Dorritos
Experience:
Good first week! The Fearn Granules tasted pretty good so its just a pleasure to eat them before my workouts. I might have noticed a bit of extra fullness but that can also be do to the change from strength ot hypertrophy focused training. I did get a comment from my boss that i looked extremly full (i work at a supplement store so its not THAT strange of a comment). I added some pictures to my Instagram for those curious (IG TheMrMuscle).

Questions:
Beta-Alanine: This has been a staple in my supplements for ages. Usually i get some from my PWO and then i dose once more to that i get 4g total. But now that im using High Volume im not getting any Peri-Workout. Where would you guys suggest i add it? PWO, Intra, Post? My second dosing is usually when i have 1 hour left at work in the evening. I mix it with 2 scoops Amino-Energy to give me a little extra energy before closing shop.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Solid log! Web view is gorgeous.

What software?

Are you dosing L-Taurine?
If using Beta Alanine I recommend doing so for long term use of BA.

"Both Taurine and beta-alanine are acidic with an amine in the beta position. In that respect, they share a similar structure with the neurotransmitter GABA.
Taurine and beta-alanine share the same transporter (SLC6a6), so competition may occur. In experimental conditions, beta-alanine can induce a transient taurine deficiency.[123][124][125][126]
However, none of the human studies using supplemental beta-alanine (up to 6.4 g/day) mentioned side-effects suggestive of a taurine deficiency (such as an increase in muscle cramps)."

I do it anyway. Back pumps and it's beneficial. Dosing during a distance from BA.

I don't think a long term use of BA has been conducted.

Grain of salt here.

Source
https://examine.com/supplements/Beta-Alanine/

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Solid log! Web view is gorgeous.

What software?

Are you dosing L-Taurine?
If using Beta Alanine I recommend doing so for long term use of BA.

"Both Taurine and beta-alanine are acidic with an amine in the beta position. In that respect, they share a similar structure with the neurotransmitter GABA.
Taurine and beta-alanine share the same transporter (SLC6a6), so competition may occur. In experimental conditions, beta-alanine can induce a transient taurine deficiency.[123][124][125][126]
However, none of the human studies using supplemental beta-alanine (up to 6.4 g/day) mentioned side-effects suggestive of a taurine deficiency (such as an increase in muscle cramps)."

I do it anyway. Back pumps and it's beneficial. Dosing during a distance from BA.

I don't think a long term use of BA has been conducted.

Grain of salt here.

Source
examine.com/supplements/Beta-Alanine/
Thanks man. I just edit my post using the built in forum software.

I did not know that about Beta-Alanine and Taurine. I'm not currently taking any Taurine but I will be sure to add some. Thanks.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
WEEK 2

Measurements:

THIS WEEKTOTAL
ARMS0CM-1CM
CHEST-1CM-1CM
WAIST+1CM+1CM
HIPS0CM-1CM
THIGHS0CM0CM
CALVES-1CM0CM
WEIGHT+1,1KG+1,3KG
BODYFAT-0,32%-0,22%

Training:
Workouts this week had been awesome! Energy, strength and pump has been notably improved. The intra-workout drink is just fantastic, even when working out at 5am the carbs i get from that drink just hits me right away.

Had 5 strength sessions (2 times thru the whole body), 7 yoga sessions and 2 active recovery sessions.

Diet:
On point all week.
2 days of early morning workouts which means 5 days of 3000 calories and 2 days of 3200 calories. One of the 3200 calories days was on my refeed day so the total calories on that day was much higher. Also it is my birthday today so I will definitely be eating more and my macros will be all over the place :D

Switched out my post-workout Phase8 from Muscletech with PS Isolate from ProSupps. I do prefer a Whey/Casein blend but it was free so theres that :D The flavour was Peanut Butter Cookie and man, it sucked. Too sweet and not my thing at all, and i LOVE peanut butter. It even tasted off mixed with Real Food which tastes awesome! I think i need to get some Miccelar Casein and mix in there for both flavour, thickness and added benefits.

Comments:
This week has been crazy when it comes to weight and measurements. I refeed once a week and the morning after my weight is always high, then it drops off the next morning and continues to drop thru the week. This week that didnt happen at all, it was high the first morning and stayed high thru the whole week.

I know PA can cause weight gain via filling up glycogen storages but it seems weird that it doesnt show on the body measurements at all. Infact i dropped size a couple spots. Now 2 weeks is not a long enough time to conclude anything, but it will be interesting to see where it goes from here. It might also be that the added calories has put me in a caloric surplus and i need to back down on some of my macros. But that still wouldnt account for 1kg increase in a week, WITH a drop in measured bodyfat. Granted its on a scale so take the bodyfat measurement with a grain of salt.

Saturday I finally got 2 tubs of Ergonine and will be adding that to my daily staple. I dont think I will take it Pre-workout as i already have plenty of supplements there. I will just add it between two meals where i know i will get hungry. Usually between meal 1 and 2 after my workout. I had the Nanaberry yesterday and it tasted great, real strong flavour even in 7dl of water.

Questions:
No questions this week!

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
WEEK 2

Measurements:

THIS WEEKTOTAL
ARMS0CM-1CM
CHEST-1CM-1CM
WAIST+1CM+1CM
HIPS0CM-1CM
THIGHS0CM0CM
CALVES-1CM0CM
WEIGHT+1,1KG+1,3KG
BODYFAT-0,32%-0,22%

Training:
Workouts this week had been awesome! Energy, strength and pump has been notably improved. The intra-workout drink is just fantastic, even when working out at 5am the carbs i get from that drink just hits me right away.

Had 5 strength sessions (2 times thru the whole body), 7 yoga sessions and 2 active recovery sessions.

Diet:
On point all week.
2 days of early morning workouts which means 5 days of 3000 calories and 2 days of 3200 calories. One of the 3200 calories days was on my refeed day so the total calories on that day was much higher. Also it is my birthday today so I will definitely be eating more and my macros will be all over the place :D

Switched out my post-workout Phase8 from Muscletech with PS Isolate from ProSupps. I do prefer a Whey/Casein blend but it was free so theres that :D The flavour was Peanut Butter Cookie and man, it sucked. Too sweet and not my thing at all, and i LOVE peanut butter. It even tasted off mixed with Real Food which tastes awesome! I think i need to get some Miccelar Casein and mix in there for both flavour, thickness and added benefits.

Comments:
This week has been crazy when it comes to weight and measurements. I refeed once a week and the morning after my weight is always high, then it drops off the next morning and continues to drop thru the week. This week that didnt happen at all, it was high the first morning and stayed high thru the whole week.

I know PA can cause weight gain via filling up glycogen storages but it seems weird that it doesnt show on the body measurements at all. Infact i dropped size a couple spots. Now 2 weeks is not a long enough time to conclude anything, but it will be interesting to see where it goes from here. It might also be that the added calories has put me in a caloric surplus and i need to back down on some of my macros. But that still wouldnt account for 1kg increase in a week, WITH a drop in measured bodyfat. Granted its on a scale so take the bodyfat measurement with a grain of salt.

Saturday I finally got 2 tubs of Ergonine and will be adding that to my daily staple. I dont think I will take it Pre-workout as i already have plenty of supplements there. I will just add it between two meals where i know i will get hungry. Usually between meal 1 and 2 after my workout. I had the Nanaberry yesterday and it tasted great, real strong flavour even in 7dl of water.

Questions:
No questions this week!
Keep up the good work :D

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
WEEK 3

Measurements:

THIS WEEKTOTAL
ARMS+0,5CM-0,5CM
CHEST+2CM+1CM
WAIST0CM+1CM
HIPS0CM-1CM
THIGHS0CM0CM
CALVES0CM0CM
WEIGHT0KG+1,3KG
BODYFAT-0,60%-0,82%

Training:
This week all workouts were done upon waking in a fasted state because of work scheduels. But they were all great! I still have major innflamations in both my heels so my cardio is restricted to LISS and HIIT on the bike. But it seems to be doing what i need.

Diet:
On point all week.

Because all workouts were done fasted i doubled the PeptoPro and HBCD and started drinking it 15 minutes before the workout. This meant that I would end up at 3200 kcal every day. I feel like thats a bit to much and 3000 seems to suit me perfectly. So I optet to drop my post-workout shake.this week and i think it was a good choice. I did sometimes miss my shake but performance did not take a hit from it.

I also started taking Ergonine this week, Iced Tea and Nanaberry. They are both good but Nanaberry wins this battle. Seeing as I have so many supplements Peri-Workout now I decided to just drink it between meals. I know Pre-Workout is recommended, but with all i take there i just cant picture me doing that yet.

A typical day diet wise looks like this:

Pre-workout
  • 15g Fearn Soya Granules
  • 2 scoops High Volumes
  • 1 scoop Alphamine
  • 3g HMB-Fa
  • 40mg Synephrine
Intra-Workout
  • 30g PeptpPro
  • 60g HBCD
  • 1g Electrolytes
Meal 1
  • 50g Oatmeal
  • 2 Eggs
  • 50g Coconut milk
  • 50g Low fat quark
  • 50g Blueberries
  • 50g Strawberries
Between meal
  • 1 scoop Ergonine
  • 1 scoop Beta Alanine
Meal 2
  • 150g Chicken Breast
  • 35g Basmati Rice
  • 1 Avocado
  • 50g Spinach
  • 100g Broccoli
  • 30g Green Peas
  • 30g Sliced Peppers
  • 30g Mushrooms
Meal 3
  • 150g Chicken Breast
  • 35g Basmati Rice
  • 20g Brazil nuts
  • 50g Spinach
  • 100g Broccoli
  • 30g Green Peas
  • 30g Sliced Peppers
  • 30g Mushrooms
Meal 4
  • 150g Chicken Breast
  • 35g Basmati Rice
  • 20g 90% Dark Chocolate
  • 50g Spinach
  • 100g Broccoli
  • 30g Green Peas
  • 30g Sliced Peppers
  • 30g Mushrooms
Between meal
  • 2 scoops Amino-Energy
  • 1 Scoop Beta-Alanine
Meal 5
  • 200g Eggwhites
  • 100g Low fat cottage cheese
  • 100g Spinach
  • 100g Sliced Peppers
  • 50g Müsli
Protein: 230g
Carbs: 259g
Fat: 95g

Comments:
Weight started high this week because of my birthday celebration on sunday, but dropped off a bit. The bodyfat percentage also kept dropping, im guessing this is because the machine doesnt read the increased muslce glycogen as fat so it labels it as muscle. I do feel a bit watery, not sure what can cause that. I remember reading people talking about bloat from Soy Granules but I dont know.

All in all a good week! Next week i have a slight deload on my workout program, so we will see how that goes. Also im getting closer to be able to post pics in here. That might make it a bit more interesting for people.

Questions:
No questions this week!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
WEEK 4

Measurements:

THIS WEEKTOTAL
ARMS+0,5CM0CM
CHEST+1,5CM+2,5CM
WAIST0CM+1CM
HIPS+1CM0CM
THIGHS+1CM+1CM
CALVES0CM0CM
WEIGHT+0,4KG+1,7KG
BODYFAT+0,70%-0,12%

Training:
Another week with only early morning workouts, i even got up at 4am on saturday and sunday. This week was a deload week so the volume was a deal lower.

Diet:
On point all week.

Comments:
Ive been hungry this week, even though my workouts have been less taxing and my weight is climbing. I dont want to increase my calories as i like the shape im in now. But maybe ill do a rework of the diet after my trip to Dubai in 3 weeks.

IMG_3626.JPG

Questions:
I posted a thread about loaded stretches/Kaatsu for calves. If anyone has any experience to share id love for you to drop by

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/287063-coach-rob-regish.html

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Got a nice shipment the other day. The Ergonine Blue Ice was amazing! The Nanaberry and Amino IV Watermelon was a gift for my boss for his birthday. Looking forward to hearing what he thinks!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Today I had an awesome 5am arms workout. Nothing better then starting your day with an tremendous biceps/triceps pump.

Here is what I did:

A1) Clean grip Barbell shrugs 3x12
A2) DA Cable Y raise 3x12
B1) Dumbbell preacher curls 3x8-12
B2) Rolling Dumbbell triceps extensions 3x8-12
C1) EZ Bar reverse curl 3x8-12
C2) Seated dumbbell French press 3x8-12
D) Cable rope hammer curls 7x8-12 (FST-7)
E) Rope Pushdown 7x8-12 (FST-7)
F1) Cable crunch 3x15
F2) Russian twist 3x20
F3) 90* Knees to elbows 3x10
F4) Side plank elbow touch 3x10
G) SS Cardio on stationary bike 20min

Got it done in 90 (including warm up that I didn't list) and it felt great!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Today i got my care package from bdcc containing an Ergonine Tropical Twist and a Amino IV Mango Splash!

Im sipping on the Amino IV now and it tastes amazing. I took 2 scoops in 0,75l water and the taste is still strong and sweet. I have unfortunately allready had my Ergonine serving for the day so ill have to wait tomorrow to try the Tropical Twist, I cant wait! Thank you så much bdcc for hooking me up like ths.

IMG_7258.JPG

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Glad to hear you liked it sir!

TT is going into my shaker shortly

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You my brother is a human machine!
I am glad to see all those PES products you are consuming. I really love that brand
Thank you my friend.

Yeah I'm really enjoying the PES products I'm using. I hope they have more on the way!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
WEEK 5

Measurements:

THIS WEEKTOTAL
ARMS-1CM-1CM
CHEST-1,5CM+1CM
WAIST-0,5CM+0,5CM
HIPS+1CM+1CM
THIGHS0CM+1CM
CALVES0CM0CM
WEIGHT-0,4KG+1,3KG
BODYFAT-0,06%-0,18%

Training:
Felt beat up this week, got to sleep in a bit on friday and that helped alot.

Had 6 strength sessions (2 times thru the whole body + a Fab 5 workout), 7 yoga sessions and 2 active recovery sessions. Cardio every day as well.
Diet:
On point all week.

Comments:
Increased Lecithin Granuels from 15g to 20g this week. Still taking everything before my workout but have heard abit about splitting it up pre/post or pre/before bed. Might look into that eventually.

Questions:
No questions this week.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
WEEK 5

Measurements:

THIS WEEKTOTAL
ARMS-1CM-1CM
CHEST-1,5CM+1CM
WAIST-0,5CM+0,5CM
HIPS+1CM+1CM
THIGHS0CM+1CM
CALVES0CM0CM
WEIGHT-0,4KG+1,3KG
BODYFAT-0,06%-0,18%

Training:
Felt beat up this week, got to sleep in a bit on friday and that helped alot.

Had 6 strength sessions (2 times thru the whole body + a Fab 5 workout), 7 yoga sessions and 2 active recovery sessions. Cardio every day as well.
Diet:
On point all week.

Comments:
Increased Lecithin Granuels from 15g to 20g this week. Still taking everything before my workout but have heard abit about splitting it up pre/post or pre/before bed. Might look into that eventually.

Questions:
No questions this week.

Nice work bro!
No need splitting up Soy L. Just take it pre workout :)