Pec update

Titan6

Awards
Recieved the MRI report. I have a myotendinous junction injury involving the sternal head of the pectoralis major. Basically I tore the muscle off the tendon. No surgery needed. Will heal on it's own.

Anyone have any experience with this type of injury? Dr said to be my own judge. Lay off pushing weight for now but light weight (bar) high reps is ok. Suggested PRP treatment and I added the idea of 2 ius of gH/5 on 2 off day. He agreed that would help with the healing process as well

Dunamis1

Dunamis1

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I would get a second opinion just in case, due to my own personal experience. I tore my pec 2 years ago. Got the MRI, saw an orthopedic doctor and the MRI and the surgeon indicated that I had a myotendinous tear and that it was unfixable by surgery. After praying about it I decided to go see another surgeon. Turns out the prior radiologist and surgeon were both wrong and that I had a complete tear of the tendon off the bone and went into surgery 3days later. It was fixed through surgery. Just wanted to share my experience. God bless.