Patrick Arlond, How Do I Upregulate Dopamine Receptors?

GOTSPEED

Awards
What can I take to upregulate dopamine receptors?

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
there are many different dopamine receptor subtypes and dopamine receptors are located in many different areas of the brain where they serve specific localized functions. Your question is therefore just far too broad. And even if you were more specific i doubt i could answer your question.

what is the end result you are looking for as far as tangible effects? you want to have more energy? libido?

jart45

jart45

Awards
  • Established
I have same question looking for the end result of more libido, not for me but wife.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
check out this link its a great read on this subject and should provide you with the answers you want on upregulating dopamine

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/archive/index.php/t-492759.html

I'd like to read patrick's take on this link as well.

I am curious as to why the person wants to "upregulate dopamine". In other words, there has to be an end goal here. Do they want more energy? More libido? more growth hormone secretion?

no one wants to upregulate a neurotransmitter simply so they can tell people they have upregulated a neurotransmitter.

jart45

jart45

Awards
  • Established
The end result I am looking for is libido, libido, and more libido!

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The end result I am looking for is libido, libido, and more libido!
she could talk to her doctor about Bupropion hydrochloride.there are quite a few items she could take or it could be mental or etc. there are many aspects to consider in answering a question such as this.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
she could talk to her doctor about Bupropion hydrochloride.there are quite a few items she could take or it could be mental or etc. there are many aspects to consider in answering a question such as this.

that can elevate dopamine levels in parts of the brain but it shouldn't upregulate the receptors

just a technical point there

jart45

jart45

Awards
  • Established
Basically all I want to know is how can you get more dopamine going on in the brain to improve sex drive. What are some good things to use?

spartan300

Awards
wouldn't increasing dopamine receptors be the exact opposite thing you want to do?

If I remember correctly from neurology, receptor upregulation for dopamine is seen in addicts, hence the drug addition. If you increase the receptors, then you'll need more neurotransmitters to have the same effect.

maybe i'm wrong. i dont know.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
Basically all I want to know is how can you get more dopamine going on in the brain to improve sex drive. What are some good things to use?

why dont you just say you want to increase your sex drive? or does it have to involve dopamine?

personally, focusing on one neurotransmitter (and way oversimplifying its function) instead of the end result is a faulty strategy. trees....forest....etc

damage007

damage007

Banned
Awards
Forskolin + Inositol and phenyl piracetam would be the way to go.

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
Or I could just send some pics of me naked, that ought to light her fire lol