Partial Knee Replacement

nightshift

nightshift

Awards
This may not be the right area to post this, but figured I would reach out and see. I am scheduled for a partial knee replacement in 2 weeks and was wondering if anyone else has gone through this? How was recovery, mobility and ability to continue lifting?

Long story short, I am bone on bone on the medial (inner) part of my right knee. Lateral side is healthy. Never injured the knee, but am naturally bowlegged, especially on the right. I have been in the weight game for a long time and have done a lot of Olympic lifting. I suspect the repeated deep squatting and driving out of the hole sped up the wear and tear process. That, coupled with the fact that I'm on my feet, on cement floors for 8 - 10 hrs a day. Needless to say, any type of squatting is a no go. Lunges are ok some days, some days not.

My Dr. says I should get 10 - 15 years out of this surgery and probably need full replacement at that point. I have total confidence in my doc. He's been taking care of me for years. His opinion is that this surgery preserves the most normal knee function and I should be able to resume all my activities as normal. Any experiences with this or opinions from the group would be appreciated. Thanks

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Get ALL of your range of motion and FULL quad and IT band flexibility in the next 2 weeks. This will increase recovery rate and reduce risk of some potential post op obstacles. Good luck and don't rush the recovery.