Paradoxine underdose

div1872

Awards
  • Established
Is this true

• Paradoxine™ dose needs to be 180-450mg per day (19-56mg 6-Paradol) for the average person. Most companies confuse the dose of active 6-Paradol with GP extract and only use 30-40mg GP which only contains 4-5mg 6-Paradol, or approx. 1/10th the effective dose.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
It seems there was some general confusion on the dosing. Yeah, many companies stuck to something like 50 mg. Your post is from Morphogen I believe. Also take a look at SNS Paradoxine for a single source product. I believe they also recommend up to 400mg/day (or maybe 300mg, can’t recall)

div1872

Awards
  • Established
It seems there was some general confusion on the dosing. Yeah, many companies stuck to something like 50 mg. Your post is from Morphogen I believe. Also take a look at SNS Paradoxine for a single source product. I believe they also recommend up to 400mg/day (or maybe 300mg, can’t recall)
But their new Lean Edge only contains 150mg

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I dont think you need that high of a dosage esp when its combined with other ingridents and have a synergy with them

If dosing solo - 200 to 300mg have been gotten a great feedback .. so one bottle lasts 40-60days.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i would think you're probably getting enough, as like @GQdaLEGEND mentioned, it has tons of other ingredients that help with fat loss. Is there a study about Paradoxine thatt you're referncing?

div1872

Awards
  • Established
i would think you're probably getting enough, as like @GQdaLEGEND mentioned, it has tons of other ingredients that help with fat loss. Is there a study about Paradoxine thatt you're referncing?
nah was just quote from morphogen

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
probably just marketing hype then
I personally don’t think so. What I think Morphogen is alluding to is that studies showed a certain amount of 6-Paradol to be effective. Companies then ran with that dosage for Paradoxine, which is like 12.5% 6-Paradol. I’ve personally only seen abstracts of the studies, so I can’t confirm this

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Not directed at Div1872 - I like you & realize you were just asking a question. My reply here is in regards to where you got the statement from that made you ask.

I normally overlook stuff like that quote and let stuff go bc I tend to never say anything negative about or towards other brands, but some of the stuff a certain brand is stating as fact is getting a little out of control. Just bc a company makes a hype piece statement in a writeup doesn't make it true.

One issue that contributes to some of the confusion is that if you read some of the studies on Aframomum/Grains of Paradise for yourself, you'll see that they actually don't state whether they are talking about the total amount of material or the amount of active. The researchers simply didn't say.

Now, who stands to make the most money off of pushing a higher dose normally? The branded ingredient suppliers. The ones that supply the raw materials to the companies. This information may surprise you - the companies that offer Paradoxine, AfraLean, and CaloriBurn, the 3 most popular Aframomum/Grains of Paradise suppliers, all regard the lower dosing that has normally been used as the effective dosing. They have every incentive to try to push for a higher dosing but they don't.

Is 150 mg. better than 50 mg? Of course it is. But that doesn't mean that 50 mg. doesn't do anything.

I think that the 150 mg. dosage in the new Lean Edge is perfect, especially with all the other ingredients in the formula. And for anyone that wants to add extra, we offer our Paradoxine caps at 100 mg. per capsule in a 120 cap bottle at a great price.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Off topic, but related: I wonder how much 6-Paradol is normally found in the Grains of Paradise spice? Given the low amount that’s been found effective in supplements, can I just crank it on veggies, fish, meat, etc, and get enough?

I get it, probably not, but you can find a 2 ounce Grains of Paradise grinder for like $11. That’s ~56g. If you put 1g on your food throughout the day (made up amount, idk if that’s feasible, seems like it though), are you getting enough 6-paradol? Not too mention you’d also be getting 6-gingerol, 6-shogoal, etc.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Off topic, but related: I wonder how much 6-Paradol is normally found in the Grains of Paradise spice? Given the low amount that’s been found effective in supplements, can I just crank it on veggies, fish, meat, etc, and get enough?

I get it, probably not, but you can find a 2 ounce Grains of Paradise grinder for like $11. That’s ~56g. If you put 1g on your food throughout the day (made up amount, idk if that’s feasible, seems like it though), are you getting enough 6-paradol? Not too mention you’d also be getting 6-gingerol, 6-shogoal, etc.
From my understanding it would be almost impossible to get an adequate dose from food. I know the cost per kg. and production costs on this in terms of isolating the amount of active ingredient.

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Most companies confuse the dose of active 6-Paradol with GP extract and only use 30-40mg GP
They do not confuse the dose, they just don’t care or assume their audience just doesn’t know any better.

div1872

Awards
  • Established
They do not confuse the dose, they just don’t care or assume their audience just doesn’t know any better.
Not directed at Div1872 - I like you & realize you were just asking a question. My reply here is in regards to where you got the statement from that made you ask.

I normally overlook stuff like that quote and let stuff go bc I tend to never say anything negative about or towards other brands, but some of the stuff a certain brand is stating as fact is getting a little out of control. Just bc a company makes a hype piece statement in a writeup doesn't make it true.

One issue that contributes to some of the confusion is that if you read some of the studies on Aframomum/Grains of Paradise for yourself, you'll see that they actually don't state whether they are talking about the total amount of material or the amount of active. The researchers simply didn't say.

Now, who stands to make the most money off of pushing a higher dose normally? The branded ingredient suppliers. The ones that supply the raw materials to the companies. This information may surprise you - the companies that offer Paradoxine, AfraLean, and CaloriBurn, the 3 most popular Aframomum/Grains of Paradise suppliers, all regard the lower dosing that has normally been used as the effective dosing. They have every incentive to try to push for a higher dosing but they don't.

Is 150 mg. better than 50 mg? Of course it is. But that doesn't mean that 50 mg. doesn't do anything.

I think that the 150 mg. dosage in the new Lean Edge is perfect, especially with all the other ingredients in the formula. And for anyone that wants to add extra, we offer our Paradoxine caps at 100 mg. per capsule in a 120 cap bottle at a great price.
i am still ordering two Lean Edge and a Thermoamp so it hasn’t put me off. Just thought I would ask the question as it’s first time I had seen such a statement.

All I have to do is look at the reviews of these products which is all good stuff.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
i am still ordering two Lean Edge and a Thermoamp so it hasn’t put me off. Just thought I would ask the question as it’s first time I had seen such a statement.

All I have to do is look at the reviews of these products which is all good stuff.
Thank you.

I normally try to reply in a way that I'm just replying to anyone reading the thread whether it be today or in 6 months from an informational standpoint. I just wanted to make sure you know that I knew you were just asking bc of a write up and that I wasn't upset with you in any way.

I normally ignore stuff like that, but this isn't the first time they've done some things like that.