Palmiero's test ...

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone know what Raphael Palmiero tested positive for?
Just curious.

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
I was wondering if it was just a bad judgement on detectability time.
Guess we'll never know.

ShadowOne

Awards
I guess this means he lied under oath during his testimony to congress? I wonder if he'll be investigated for criminal liability now, and also if this means his hall of fame chances are gone.

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
I wonder if there's something in the "grey area" that he used that put his test levels outta whack. I'm not sure if the MLB rules mirror gov't laws though. MLB rules may even be more strict.

ShadowOne

Awards
I just heard on ESPN that an insider revealed it was stanozolol.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Winny. I don't get it.

It's the same drug Ben Johnson tested positive for at the 88 Olympics.

It made no sense for Johnson to have this drug in his system and it makes even LESS sense for Palmiero.

Something sounds fishy.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Like I said in the other thread, the irony is killing me. If this is in fact true, this guy is the biggest douch bag alive right now.

D_town

D_town

Awards
  • Established
Maybe he was on an prostanozol cycle? Just stirring the pot a little.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Next to Bonds, right?
Bonds hasn't tested positive. Has he? Last time I checked he didn't testify under oath in front of millions of viewers telling everyone about how he has NEVER TAKEN STEROIDS and that he wants to set a good example, blah, blah, blah and then turn around a few months later and test positive for steroids. Much respect has been lost IMO. More so than Mcgwire in fact.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Bonds is a pussy who dodges the question by attacking others claiming racism and biases and won't put his lousy ass in front of congress because knows he'd get caught.

How come you look at Bonds with rosecolored glasses but everyone else is scum?

The hypocrisy is entertaining. :D

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Bonds is a pussy who dodges the question by attacking others claiming racism and biases and won't put his lousy ass in front of congress because knows he'd get caught.

How come you look at Bonds with rosecolored glasses but everyone else is scum?

The hypocrisy is entertaining. :D
You're kidding me right? I have no doubt in my mind Bonds was on something. In fact I agree with Skip Bayless when he says that MLB told Bonds to lay low for the year amongst all of the steroid speculations, maybe even because he tested positive himself. Who knows. It does seem sort of fishy that he's taken this long to come back from a simple knee surgury. Regardless, the fact of the matter is, he hasn't been ousted as a certified steroid user despite the allegations and controversy, ESPECIALLY after testifing in congress (he did testify in the BALCO hearings BTW). So scumbag maybe, bigger scumbag than Palmeiro, I don't think so.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You're kidding me right? I have no doubt in my mind Bonds was on something. In fact I agree with Skip Bayless when he says that MLB told Bonds to lay low for the year amongst all of the steroid speculations, maybe even because he tested positive himself. Who knows. It does seem sort of fishy that he's taken this long to come back from a simple knee surgury. Regardless, the fact of the matter is, he hasn't been ousted as a certified steroid user despite the allegations and controversy, ESPECIALLY after testifing in congress (he did testify in the BALCO hearings BTW). So scumbag maybe, bigger scumbag than Palmeiro, I don't think so.
I don't think any of them are scumb bags. I don't have a problem with that what did/have done.

99% of us in the same situtations would do the EXACT same thing.

Just let them know in my opinion. Let them do whatever and as long as it's not hurting anyone (other than themselves) who really cares?

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
And BTW, how am I being hypocrytical? I never even mentioned Bonds before you had made the remark. I was making personal remark about Palmeiro and you had to throw gas on the fire and bring up Bonds because you know I'm a huge Giants fan.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
And BTW, how am I being hypocrytical? I never even mentioned Bonds before you had made the remark. I was making personal remark about Palmeiro and you had to throw gas on the fire and bring up Bonds because you know I'm a huge Giants fan.
It was from a discussion we had a while ago whent he congressional hearings were going on.

Your defense of Bonds while screaming foul of others stuck me as a bit hypocritical. No big deal bro :)

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I don't think any of them are scumb bags. I don't have a problem with that what did/have done.

99% of us in the same situtations would do the EXACT same thing.

Just let them know in my opinion. Let them do whatever and as long as it's not hurting anyone (other than themselves) who really cares?
I think he is a scumbag. Like it or not, these guys are role models. This guy fucking bald faced lyed in front of millions about using an illegal substance that he was probably taking at the time of the hearing for christ sakes. I could care less about the players personally, but when these guys claim to be postive role models and are all for the steroid policies and cleaning up baseball and teaching the youngsters that steroids are not the answer, then that's where I draw the line.

KD1

Awards
  • Established
He is a scumbag - he lied under oath and is going to hell for it. At least McGuire took the 5th and saved himself from eternal damnation.

nestle1

nestle1

Awards
He should just come out and say what the heck he took , instead of blaming supplements.They all take the easy way out and say that it was some supp. Thats why we have congress trying to ban something like a vitamin. Yea that damn GNC.

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
Winny huh? Isn't that detectable for up to a year, or am I thinking of something else??

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
He is a scumbag - he lied under oath and is going to hell for it. At least McGuire took the 5th and saved himself from eternal damnation.
Accepting Jesus Christ, not the 5th is what keeps you from eternal damnation.......but hey...that's a whole 'nother thread. :D

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
Looks like I was wrong.
Everything I just found said it's detectable anywhere from 3-6 months.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
We all know there's speculation that he was taking Stanozolol, but apparently Palmeiro is going to allow congress to disclose the results of the test. Just FYI. We'll soon know exactly what he popped for. Congress will also investigate whether or not he commited perjury during the March 17th hearings.

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
I just wish they would get on to something more important and leave these guys alone.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Winstrol they are saying
mlb leaked that information against their policy

D_town

D_town

Awards
  • Established
Conseco said he injected Raffy with winny and hgh back in 92' as well.

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
I was just thinking....
Isn't the rule of thumb to "deny, deny, deny" if someone suspects you of using?

Now...if they started a cycle recently with everything being so "hot" that's just frickin' stupid......... and they should be forced to donate half of this years earnings to regular posters on this board. :D