Painful leg pumps during cardio

p1nchharmonic

p1nchharmonic

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Established
  • Established
Week 9 of my first cycle of test. Whenever I do cardio, my legs get very pumped up to the point of pain. I am able to finsih a slow 1.5 mile run at a 9 minute pace, however afterwards, my legs are very tense and require a lot of stretching to ease the pain. Is this normal while cycling? My body felt very slow while running.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Didn't you just post this exact same thread not too long ago and got a bevy of responses?

p1nchharmonic

p1nchharmonic

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Established
  • Established
This is more about cardio. Ive resolved the heavy lifting aspect

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
There are definitely smarter people in here that could help you with that issue. My legs get super pumped when doing cardio too. Did you ever try that sodium bicarbonate/potassium bicarbonate combo I mentioned in the last thread?

You might try a few things, supplement wise:

• ALLMax Carbion - This has lots of slow and fast release carbs to help you power through your workout, along with electrolytes (including salt) that can help draw water out of certain tissue that's filled with water and could help you do more cardio and possibly alleviate some of what pumping.
  • Taurine - Taurine is one of the best supplements for maintaining proper hydration, keeps you from getting cramps, and may also help in your situation.
  • Citrulline Malate - from Examine.com: L-Citrulline is one of the three dietary amino acids in the urea cycle, alongside L-arginine and L-Ornithine. Taking L-Citrulline increases plasma levels of ornithine and arginine and improves the ammonia recycling process and nitric oxide metabolism. Consequently, it is used in areas where nitric oxide is relevant, namely erectile dysfunction caused by high blood pressure, athletic performance, and cardiovascular health. There are very few foods that have notable amounts of citrulline.
  • Beta Alanine Again from Examine: When beta-alanine is ingested, it turns into the molecule carnosine, which acts as an acid buffer in the body. Carnosine is stored in cells and released in response to drops in pH. Increased stores of carnosine can protect against diet-induced drops in pH (which might occur from ketone production in ketosis, for example), as well as offer protection from exercise-induced lactic acid production.
Those are just my first thoughts. A lot of people also like Vitargo as it replenishes glucose storages fast and is often used by athletes who work out two times a day.

Anyway, that's all I got. Go back to the old thread and read the articles I posted about sodium/potassium bicarbonate as I think those would really benefit you.
-SS

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How much cardio were you doing before cycle?