Pain after injection?

DangALangMan

Awards
Hey everybody! I’ve been a lurker here for a while and have learned a lot, but I recently started my first AAS cycle and have a question. I did my first injection this morning which was 1cc of Test E (250mg) into my shoulder. Immediately after I started having a lot of pain in my shoulder, it’s doing better but the pain is still noticeable 8 hours later. Is this normal, should I try a different injection site? I used a 23g 1.5” needle for the injection. Thanks in advance guys!

Dm1988

Awards
Sounds like it’s just cause it’s your first time or you could be having a reaction to the particular oil your supplier uses I found MCT to be really smooth I had this problem with some primo injections very painful and swelling if it happens again you can try mixing it with another oil this can help good luck

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Virgin muscle. Some people get it worse than others. Personally when I started pinning glutes my first 5 injections made me almost unable to walk. After that I never had pip again. I don’t say this to scare you as some people don’t even have PIP. obviously 25g would have less pip for a virgin muscle and I’m 1.5 inche for shoulders is too much unless you’re extremely huge. I’m 220 15% 5 foot 10 so fairly large and I use 5/8 inches altho 1 inch would be ideal.

boooosted

boooosted

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's normal and I was actually very happy that pain came immediately. If it came on the second day instead of immediately after I would have been telling myself it was an infection.

Also, if it's your first time, you probably didn't have a steady hand. My first time I'm pretty sure I made a 10g hole with a 25g needle from shaking it around so much.

DangALangMan

Awards
Dude 1.5 is way to much for a shoulder.... 3-4” or 1” max.... 1.5 is only used in ass cheeks
Yeah, I learned that one the hard way. My left shoulder still hurts like a SOB! I should’ve just asked what I should use or researched a bit more about needle gauge and length. I picked up some 1” 25g needles yesterday and gave that a try and had almost no pip, so I think these are the ones I’m going to stick with.

DangALangMan

Awards
Yeah dude 1.5 would probably touch bone in the shoulders lmao.... I do .5” in the shoulder because there’s rarely fat stores in shoulders. I also hate shoulder injections, u can fidget once and the needle would slip from middle delt to front delt and snap off inside you.... jk, but I’ll never stop doing glutes.
I’ll have to give the .5” needles a shot for my delts after I lean out a bit more and see how those do: Man that would suck ass getting a needle stuck in your shoulder! I’m going to give the glutes a go on my night off just in case I can’t walk or something after the injection lol.

DangALangMan

Awards
I’ve done every other day injections in the glute, and have gave 2 different people injections in the glute. From my experience it is bareable to walk around and it goes away after 4 injections (2 on each side), then you don’t feel it anymore. My buddies always claim 4-5 days soreness after first time injection to the glute, then no soreness after 3 weeks, which in their case was 6 shots, 3 in each cheek. I’ll never run a EOD cycle unless I’m doing a show. It sucks pinning that much, I felt like a steroid addict doing it so much.
I’ve had leg days where I could barley get on and off the toilet for a couple days, so that doesn’t sound bad. I don’t blame you, I wouldn’t want to pin that much either. Thanks again for all the advice and sharing your experiences man!

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Total broscience, but i homebrewed my first cycle and what i did was when i acquired the oil (straight sesame oil for topical use from the pharmacy lol), benzyl alchohol and benzyl benzoate, i poured a little bit of each on my skin to see if there was some kind of redness or itching.

Once i saw i have absolutely no reaction to any of the ingredients, then i knew it meant green lights for me to use those ingredients.

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Total broscience, but i homebrewed my first cycle and what i did was when i acquired the oil (straight sesame oil for topical use from the pharmacy lol), benzyl alchohol and benzyl benzoate, i poured a little bit of each on my skin to see if there was some kind of redness or itching.

Once i saw i have absolutely no reaction to any of the ingredients, then i knew it meant green lights for me to use those ingredients.
That's fairly similar to an allergy test ie not total bro-science.

Noice

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I learned that one the hard way. My left shoulder still hurts like a SOB! I should’ve just asked what I should use or researched a bit more about needle gauge and length. I picked up some 1” 25g needles yesterday and gave that a try and had almost no pip, so I think these are the ones I’m going to stick with.
Use the 23G to draw Test so that the 25G remains sharp for pinning