Orig1n of Oconns journey to get MASSMAXive

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone. Took a little break and I'm ready to get back at it. I've been dieting for a while now as well as abusing the stims and it all caught up with me. I've had a decent break not worrying about my eating as well as almost 2 weeks from the stims. I'm now ready to start my next journey and look to build some size and strength! Here is a quick breakdown of what I'm doing (I started Tuesday).

Goals: Get stronger! Hopefully add some mass. No real weight number in mind.

Program: 5/3/1. 4 days per week. Possibly an extra day or 2 of cardio. I have firefighter testing I will need to do so I need to keep up my cardio game!

Supplements: First a 8 week run of MassMax XT then I will be doing 1 bottle of Orig1n and Tr1umph.
- Creatine
- Fish Oil
- Daily Vitamin
- Pre workouts and lots of them!
- Predator GDA
- BCAA's

Couple questions for you guys. I'm 2 days into using MassMax and I started with taking 2 capsules with my breakfast and then 2 capsules with my dinner. Breakfast is 7am, I workout at 12pm and then dinner 5:30pm.

Question 1: What is the best time for me to take my Massmax?
Question 2: When should I use Predator and will it interfere with anything?
Question 3: Does it matter when I take the fish oil? I was thinking before bed well after training?

Current Weight : 179.

Calories: Currently at 2900. I will see how this week goes.

I have a couple pics I took Monday so I will post them up.

Initial thoughts only 2 days in. Pretty sure my appetite has increased and I seriously feel great! I'm feeling strong and totally happy with how I look!

I'm thinking I will post once or twice per week. Just a fun log to track my progress. Hopefully get some of you regulars in here to help me out like you guys have in the past! I always appreciate the input!

Thanks!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Awesome, can't wait to follow along.

MassMax XT is best taken prior to largest protein meals.

Predator prior to largest carb meals, no need post workout.

I've never really worried about fish oil timing.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome! In on this!

Martyfnemec

Martyfnemec

Awards
  • Established
I'm in!

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Week 1 lifts

Day 1
OHP - 5x80, 5x95, 12x105
Superset
BB Upright Row - 10x60, 10x60, 16x60
DB Rev Fly - 10x15, 10x15, 13x15
Superset
DB Lat Raise - 10x22.5, 10x22.5, 14x22.5
DB Curls - 10x30, 10x30, 11x30
Treadmill - 100 calories

Day 2
Deadlift 5x210, 5x250, 10x285
Circuit
Hanging Knee Raises 3x15
Lat Pulldown - 2x10x140, 14x140
Lunges - 3x15

Day 3
Bench 5x145, 5x170, 11x190
Superset
CG Bench - 2x15x95, 20x95
DB Row - 2x15x65, 20x65

Day 4 (tomorrow)
Squats - 5x165, 5x195, 5+x220
Leg Curl - 3x10
Leg Press - 3x10
Calves - 3x10

I'm really trusting the process here. Even though some of the weights seem a little light I'm sticking to the program and the proper progression. 3 workouts in I'm actually really liking it. The final set with the 5+ going for max reps is a good finish! I've taken that idea and added it to my final set on each assistance exercise.

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
A little update about 10 days in. I've been eating roughly 3000 calories per day. Feeling good and feeling strong! To my surprise my weight hasn't increased at all. 179.2 today. I will be upping calories to the 3300-3500 range.

I will also update this weeks lifts after tomorrow's squat day

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone sorry I've sucked at updating! Life has been getting the better of me and free time has been nonexistent.

I'm in my 3rd week and and had to modify and not do my squats or deadlifts. I have to run a VO2 max test Friday

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How am I barely seeing this? Haha! In for the Gainz!

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
How am I barely seeing this? Haha! In for the Gainz!
Lol sorry man I didn't tag anyone and haven't been super active lately.

Some thoughts on Massmax.

I have noticed a subtle increase in my appetite. I can't say how much is from the supplement and how much is just from finally being finished with a calorie restrictive diet.

I had been feeling really hard and solid but I'll admit there has been a few bad meals this last week and I've really felt it in my stomach. My arms still feel solid though!

Feeling strong in the gym. Enjoying the massmax with the 5/3/1 program. It's simple and quick for me to fire off in my lunch hour

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
I have finished my first cycle and will be starting my next on Tuesday. Here are my 5/3/1 lifts. Final 1 set I went for max reps

OHP - 5x95, 3x105, 8x125

Deadlift - 5x250, 3x280, 5x315

Bench - 5x170, 3x190, 7x210

Squat - 5x190, 3x220, 3x245

This being my first run through I think I may have guessed low for my 1 rep max lifts on everything except squats. I know the program says to add 5lbs for upper body lifts and 10 for lower but I'm thinking because I hit 8 reps on OHP and 7 for bench that I will add 10lbs this cycle?

MassMax XT - I've been feeling strong and good! I think my appetite has increased more! I'm enjoying this run and look forward to the results from the second bottle!

Any thoughts or suggestions are always appreciated.

Mowglisml

Mowglisml

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hea you might want to adjust those press numbers. Maybe try maxing out this week on your presses to recalculate ?

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Hea you might want to adjust those press numbers. Maybe try maxing out this week on your presses to recalculate ?
After doing a little searching I found this suggestion for targeted reps. It's a little backwards saying 1 rep set but that you should want to hit 4-5 reps on it. Regardless I like the progression and I think this could help me increase my real 1rm

5's week, 8-10 reps
3's week, 6-8 reps
1's week, 4-5 reps

Oconns28

Oconns28

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone so obviously I've continued to such and not update lately. I just started my 3 cycle of 5/3/1 today. Definitely feeling stronger and I've gained size! I for sure have abused the bulking diet and have gained some fat. Weight in around 187ish today.

Looking for some input on hitting muscle groups twice per week as I've seen a few things saying it's great for natural lifters.

My days look like this
Day 1 - OHP
Day 2 - Deadlift
Day 3 - Bench
Day 4 - Squat

Days of the week vary depending on life but that's the order for the week.

Now what would be the best order to add in the secondary muscle group to hit everything twice? When it's secondary I was thinking lower weight and higher reps maybe 3x10-12? Any input is always appreciated!