Olympus Labs - Insider OverLoad Thread

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
I mean I understand the lifestyle brand and all that but this is embarrassingly bad. Boujee melon are you freaking kidding me? Whoever approved this is a moron. This is Hillary doing the Soulja Boy level of pandering and trying too hard bad. Along with comic book character models who don’t even look like they exercise. Once again I understand the lifestyle model, not looking hardcore and having juice heads on the cover etc. But this lyfestyle is a sad joke to even a lifestyle brand makeover. Ghost had a successful model. This sought to emulate it and struck out big time.

Also, I showed my wife and her friend who aren’t into supplements, weights, hardcore, etc, the stacked article. They took one look at the label and names and laughed hysterically over how stupid it was. I agree the important stuff is the formula. But with so many great formulas out there my money will support companies who don’t pander and treat us like a bunch of idiots

soxbsbll05

soxbsbll05

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I mean I understand the lifestyle brand and all that but this is embarrassingly bad. Boujee melon are you freaking kidding me? Whoever approved this is a moron. This is Hillary doing the Soulja Boy level of pandering and trying too hard bad. Along with comic book character models who don’t even look like they exercise. Once again I understand the lifestyle model, not looking hardcore and having juice heads on the cover etc. But this lyfestyle is a sad joke to even a lifestyle brand makeover. Ghost had a successful model. This sought to emulate it and struck out big time.

Also, I showed my wife and her friend who aren’t into supplements, weights, hardcore, etc, the stacked article. They took one look at the label and names and laughed hysterically over how stupid it was. I agree the important stuff is the formula. But with so many great formulas out there my money will support companies who don’t pander and treat us like a bunch of idiots
I understand your frustration completely because this rebrand is way out in left field for us hardcore supplement users. BUT I am willing to bet that this will be appealing and will sell well to the masses on Instagram. I think it needs to be reiterated time and time again on this site that we are only a small majority of the consumer base.

The fact that BB has bought in to it and will be the exclusive retailer outside of the main website is quite telling actually....

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
I understand your frustration completely because this rebrand is way out in left field for us hardcore supplement users. BUT I am willing to bet that this will be appealing and will sell well to the masses on Instagram. I think it needs to be reiterated time and time again on this site that we are only a small majority of the consumer base.

The fact that BB has bought in to it and will be the exclusive retailer outside of the main website is quite telling actually....
I think people are missing the point. I’m NOT a hardcore supplement fan. I use hardcore supplements but I think the hardcore branding is stupid. Animal did it well. But Olympus Labs hardcore branding was terrible. Some cartoon gladiator with a sword on the label and some dumb write up about Demigods. This is important because my frustration is not over them leaving a hardcore crowd. It’s with how stupid and dumbed down their “lyfestyle” approach is.

Ghost didn’t market like a bunch of idiots. They used cool attractive colors and leveraged awesome flavor collaborations with well known brands and social media “influencers”

Olympus put stupid labels and non attractive colors on bottles. And instead of chips ahoy or sour patch kids flavoring they made up crap that sounds like Weird Als take on Migos songs. Honestly, it looks like they tried to parody and make fun of ghost except they are dead serious.

faipdeooiad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don’t care for the labels, it’s just a big change.

my biggest take home is that the phrase ‘I Could care less’ doesn’t make sense and should be ‘I Couldn’t care less’.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes this is really what I am affraid off. With their talented group of formulator they have in there team it would be a shame that they are restricted in their innovation, by thepartneship why the soft brand of BB and their will to be more mainstream.

DieselJD

Awards
Yeah the re brand and labeling is goofy, but really the sad part is the formulas are going to take a hit. Used to have some of the best products out there. Now they are just another brand. Guess we will have to wait for the next company that is after the people not the money.

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Levels is now available online here in New Zealand. Definitely a different visual look! Not sure if I'm allowed to post or if I should wait for an Olympus rep to post updates etc.
Looks like its in-store as well. Its a 15min drive for me. Ill definitely go buy one today, dunno what flavour though.

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’ve seen a few comments on other social media saying the BB. Com is dying store?

Now I don’t shop on there, but the UK store is rubbish, stocked mostly with brands that you instantly skip.

So it’s a strange partnership if it’s true that bb is dying

I’m looking forward to the OL limited edition shakers every month though

GNO

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would say, keep an open mind...The formulas are still industry leading. As always everyone can do what they want with their money but the BB partnership will directionally lead to better prices given we can reach a larger audience.

I'll elaborate on the launch a little more below...

GNO

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Olympus Lyfestyle

Objective

Olympus Lyfestyle is a brand designed to deliver fitness to every lifestyle and fuel your around the clock lifestyle, providing superior benefits in sports performance, cognitive function, and increased levels of productivity!
Athlete & Consumer Protection.

How will we achieve it?
- Patented & Scientifically Backed Products Made To Perform
- No Proprietary Blends ONLY Full Label Disclosure
- ALL products guaranteed to BSCG Certified Drug Free® (Compliant with FDA and WADA)
- Deliciously Premium Flavors Professionally Developed
- MADE IN THE USA IN A GMP FACILITY

Where to Buy?
Olympus Lyfestyle has entered a digitally-exclusive partnership with Bodybuilding.com, the internet’s leading e-commerce website (by sales) for sports nutrition and sports performance supplements, as a strategic and obvious choice in selection for a brand partnership. Olympus Lyfestyle’s target audience is a healthy lifestyle audience, who is digitally native, socially connected, and highly engaged. Strategically partnering with a digitally exclusive platform that shares many of the same goals we do and having the opportunity to form an alliance was naturally an easy decision to make.

Additionally, Olympus has procured a number of International Distributors with PHD Nutrition in Australia already having stock of the brand, and the others getting stock once Olympus restocks as it experienced unprecedented demand towards its launch. Over the course of development of the brand, Olympus has expanded its reach to every major continent in the world aligning with distributors and is in the product registration stages with Canada & South America while it is already set to launch in every other major country in the world by the end of 2020.

Once restocked, Olympus Lyfestyle will enter strategic partnerships with specific B&M retailers it feels share the same values as Olympus and will keep access to the brand exclusive as it has invested in areas that mutually benefit Olympus. Olympus Lyfestyle plans on launching 7 supplements by the end of November with much greater plans for 2020. Our goal is to build “the bridge” that connects fashion, culture, pop culture, and fitness to deliver the ultimate lifestyle. Olympus Lyfestyle. We are not a lifestyle company, we are a lyfestyle. We will continue releasing supplements but will introduce products from the umbrella of Olympus Lyfestyle brands, ranging from streetwear, athleisure, and athletic wear; options far greater than the confines of your shaker bottle.nd these retailers.

When can you buy?
This Thursday (October 31st), Bodybuilding.com will exclusively launch the much-awaited Olympus Lyfestyle brand online through its website.

Olympus Lyfestyle plans on launching 7 supplements by the end of November with much greater plans for 2020.

Future Plans:
Our goal is to build “the bridge” that connects fashion, culture, pop culture, and fitness to deliver the ultimate lifestyle. Olympus Lyfestyle. We are not a lifestyle company, we are a lyfestyle. We will continue releasing supplements but will introduce products from the umbrella of Olympus Lyfestyle brands, ranging from streetwear, athleisure, and athletic wear; options far greater than the confines of your shaker bottle.

Last edited:

malin

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was not a huge fan of the old labels , lm 41 so it was a bit goofy to me , all the gods , warriors and $hit .
So I don’t really care about packaging , it’s just rather sad that OL couldn’t come up with something a bit more original , the whole thing is a copy of Ghost and there’s no denying it . Good luck to Olympus Lifestyle ( I know , I know I spelled it wrong , or maybe l didn’t ) .

Olympus Labs

Olympus Labs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First and foremost we love you guys. We were able to formulate and deliver some of the best supplements this industry has undoubtedly seen for you guys. The advantage in having some of the best formulators is an advantage we created to have the best products. You can clearly see influence in our products, formulas, and ingredients we use with various other companies. We were the first to use vaso6, kannaease, and urolithin b.

This rebrand was not a sell out it was an opportunity for us to market and capture a bigger audience a right that any company has and should be respected by its audience and fans especially if it doesn’t pivot from the fundamentals that created this relationship between brand and existing audience.

Judging flavors and flavor names with the routes other companies has taken is an unfair comparison. We can easily create flavors that rival branded flavors if not surpass them but this wasn’t our priority in lifestyle positioning. I won’t spill the beans but our take is more surrounding the realm of cultural influences and pop culture integration with meaningful partnerships that take supplements outside the exclusive realm of fitness and rather bring supplements to fuel an around the clock lifestyle that your lifestyle demands, and ultimately deliver fitness to every lifestyle.

The era surrounding product based formulation brands is over, we’re taking our own unique path in lifestyle so all the eyes shape and fonts comments need to realize that number one everyone has eyes this isn’t something so unique, and number 2 these are public fonts that every company uses in every industry imaginable, heck there was an article about how every fashion company uses the same sans serif typeface. I understand things will always look similar initially but I can assure you we have built this brand with the balance in mind that prioritizes our formulas, products, branding, and goals equally

I always appreciate feedback and would love to hear more about what you guys would like to see. How about some protein logs to begin with? We’re super excited and know it has been a long time but we literally had one employee ruin months and months of branding and design where he didn’t hand over the files after being paid in full and had to go through great lengths to set up the brand and standards for bscg quality and all the work we needed to do on the startup side

We look forward to you guys supporting us and seeing all the new products we release. Our new energy powder has literally numerous unused and innovative ingredients and the protein is 3x better than superior protein!! 🤗

Olympus Labs

Olympus Labs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was not a huge fan of the old labels , lm 41 so it was a bit goofy to me , all the gods , warriors and $hit .
So I don’t really care about packaging , it’s just rather sad that OL couldn’t come up with something a bit more original , the whole thing is a copy of Ghost and there’s no denying it . Good luck to Olympus Lifestyle ( I know , I know I spelled it wrong , or maybe l didn’t ) .
Let’s start with professional certifications to ensure quality and 3rd party testing these other companies don’t use and then we’ll continue to a million other things.

malin

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well I will buy OL new pre , I’m old and I need something nice and clean ( with a kick of course ) , I’m pretty sure that it’s gonna be good ( screw the labels ) .

The Solution

The Solution

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
ITT we learn that you judge a book by its cover.
Why not try the product before people start slamming it regardless of how its packaged.
The packaging does not equate quality products or 3rd party tested supplements

Resolve10

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Liked Bloodshr3d so interested in trying Jump out.

Saw the protein as well, looks like a solid blend (whey and casein in several forms).

Still a couple things missing (saw EAA which is just Amino9 and Astragin) as I believe it said 7 should be out in the next month or so.

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Liked Bloodshr3d so interested in trying Jump out.

Saw the protein as well, looks like a solid blend (whey and casein in several forms).

Still a couple things missing (saw EAA which is just Amino9 and Astragin) as I believe it said 7 should be out in the next month or so.
Blood shred was using the DMAA version I can t remember the name of the extract. Teacrine and Dynamine are overhype in my view

Resolve10

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Blood shred was using the DMAA version I can t remember the name of the extract. Teacrine and Dynamine are overhype in my view
Eria Jarensis and J. Regia.

I know people like those and it’s sad to see stuff go sometimes, but they are fringe compliant.

I’m a huge fan of Teacrine and Dynamine. 🤷‍♂️

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Just out of curiosity... If you're becoming a BB exclusive, not carried by any of AM's partnered stores, will you still be able to participate on the AM forums?

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This seriously seems to be marketed towards teenage girls which is puzzling, but if that helps the company expand then so be it. The proof will be in the products once they are available again obviously. I'm cautiously optimistic that it's not exclusively high volume mainstreet market crap at this point, but I half expect to be disappointed based on the marketing angle taken so far.

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
told yal ... someone step up to the plate and make the next good supp company

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
A partnership with Bb.com is a huge huge achievement. Damn guys, congrats!

Also not going to lie, the new designs look tidy and I can see what you're going for. Profile looks good for levels

big_jewels

big_jewels

Awards
  • Established
Congrats on the partnership with bb.com that is huge, always love seeing growth. Was a fan of OL when it first came out and have grown in gains along side it. Cheers !

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Going to say the above as well, partnering with BB.com is a huge step for any company in this industry. It's been clear for a while now that Olympus was looking to go mainstream in order to widen their market, distribution, and the rebrand for mass appeal. I'm not saying that I particularly like the direction from the lyfestyle branding or see why I need a lifestyle to help me workout (I've never bought a Ghost product, but I'm also probably no longer the target audience), but everything they've done to help them get to their current launch will likely widen their footprint. The drug-free certification piece is huge for athletes at high school/college levels. AM is such a niche group. I think we need to recognize that. Could they have instead started a sister Lyfestyle company? Maybe. That would have made more sense to me so as not to lose equity with this crowd. But proof is in the pudding. We'll see how sales do for them and if they continue to pump out interesting product profiles.

Garyboy

Awards
  • Established
Genuinely curious who their target market is with these flavours and labels. It feels like Tim and Eric doing a sketch mocking nutritional supplements.

primolift00

Awards
  • Established
Going to say the above as well, partnering with BB.com is a huge step for any company in this industry. It's been clear for a while now that Olympus was looking to go mainstream in order to widen their market, distribution, and the rebrand for mass appeal. I'm not saying that I particularly like the direction from the lyfestyle branding or see why I need a lifestyle to help me workout (I've never bought a Ghost product, but I'm also probably no longer the target audience), but everything they've done to help them get to their current launch will likely widen their footprint. The drug-free certification piece is huge for athletes at high school/college levels. AM is such a niche group. I think we need to recognize that. Could they have instead started a sister Lyfestyle company? Maybe. That would have made more sense to me so as not to lose equity with this crowd. But proof is in the pudding. We'll see how sales do for them and if they continue to pump out interesting product profiles.
Hopefully wider market leads to more sales and then more money into [email protected] for cutting edge formulas. All sounds good to me.

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So I figured I’d see if AM was crazy and out of touch so I asked 20 friends and my boss what they thought about the redesign.

Everyone I’ve asked personally said it’s the stupidest redesign they’ve seen. I’ll still try it, and read the reviews etc but I don’t think AM is at all a small group with the same mindset. I think there’s a lot more of us.... I hope they did a focus study or something and it turns out the lot of us on here are wrong and we are just too hardcore these days.

Danksta710

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Labels look like these tubs will be found in the candy section of the grocery store. Very attractive to kids. What happens when kids take scoops of thermogenics? I'm personally not interested in finding out.

00A

00A

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Labels look like these tubs will be found in the candy section of the grocery store. Very attractive to kids. What happens when kids take scoops of thermogenics? I'm personally not interested in finding out.
I been resisting to comment, but this is a concern for me, all of a sudden its cool for 16year olds to take supplements, targetting the insta generation that lost touch with the world.. what do you do? Im a model? Who is your agent? Instagram!! Good luck to the brand, I will miss the old products

Transhuman

Awards
  • Established
Nothing more amusing than grown men being bothered and upset by colors and graphic designs lmao. Good to know that like the millennials they think they're criticizing they don't care about the supplement itself and only about the packaging. I think it's bad too but I have no problems with it if it aids my performance...you know, like supplements are supposed to do.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So I figured I’d see if AM was crazy and out of touch so I asked 20 friends and my boss what they thought about the redesign.

Everyone I’ve asked personally said it’s the stupidest redesign they’ve seen. I’ll still try it, and read the reviews etc but I don’t think AM is at all a small group with the same mindset. I think there’s a lot more of us.... I hope they did a focus study or something and it turns out the lot of us on here are wrong and we are just too hardcore these days.
Damn 20 random peoples (supposedly) opinions...time to commence impeachment enquiries

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I been resisting to comment, but this is a concern for me, all of a sudden its cool for 16year olds to take supplements, targetting the insta generation that lost touch with the world.. what do you do? Im a model? Who is your agent? Instagram!! Good luck to the brand, I will miss the old products
Where is it targeting minors, labels clearly do not use if under the age of 18 - all advertising has people well above the age of 20 in it and we are probably the leading brand woth this line for compliance checks, including the gold standard BSCG certification for quality...

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
IMO Olympus made a good business move as "Lifestyle" is the thing right now. Social networking, being 'online', "vibes" etc etc is what this era is all about.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
IMO Olympus made a good business move as "Lifestyle" is the thing right now. Social networking, being 'online', "vibes" etc etc is what this era is all about.
lol...'vibes' is straight out of the 70's, 'man'.

soxbsbll05

soxbsbll05

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
This is very true. Login in to Instagram once and you’ll quickly see this is the case.

DBoss

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I like how it says new member but been here since 2008 just dont post alot . Just absorbing all the knowledge you guys dish out. Keep it up. Thanks.

Ot2000

Awards
  • First Up Vote
As much as I don’t personally like the labels and think they look ridiculous, I agree with this statement. Take one peek at anything tagged fitness on IG and the customer base they’re targeting are everywhere.