Oats+Whey = Post-workout only?

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
I've been thinking of ways to get around my lack of money for (enough) food lately and so I'm considering the home-made meal replacement route as it's cheap, quick and easily tailored around my calorie needs (plus I have an assload of whey that needs used up).

The problem being in the past I was told that this was a sure-fire way of getting fat, but with bcaa/eaa/glutamine supplementation surely it won't be such an issue?

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Oats and whey will only cause you to get fat if you are not using the calories that you take in.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
oats and whey are one of the most nutritious home made meal replacements I can think (mix in some natty pb and damn thats tasty)

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
oats and whey are one of the most nutritious home made meal replacements I can think (mix in some natty pb and damn thats tasty)
Exactly. Either that or take some fish oil with it or add flax. Very effecient and cost effective.

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
I've made my own powdered MRPs for a while with some success.

Ground Oats (coffee grinder)
Dry Skim Milk
Whey &/or other protein powder
Ground Flax Seed

You could add a little maltodextrin to this to easily pack in more cals, but don't go overboard. Keep the total GI in the moderate range. Most commercial MRPs are just Whey and a lot of maltodextrin mixed. Large amounts of maltodextrin are what will make you fat.

Before bed I usually put a serving in an empty quart-sized cottage cheese or yogurt container, add water and shake, and put it in the fridge so it's ready to drink the next day.

You can individually package them in Ziplock bags and take them anywhere. Just add cold water.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I've made my own powdered MRPs for a while with some success.

Ground Oats (coffee grinder)
Dry Skim Milk
Whey &/or other protein powder
Ground Flax Seed

You could add a little maltodextrin to this to easily pack in more cals, but don't go overboard. Keep the total GI in the moderate range. Most commercial MRPs are just Whey and a lot of maltodextrin mixed. Large amounts of maltodextrin are what will make you fat.

Before bed I usually put a serving in an empty quart-sized cottage cheese or yogurt container, add water and shake, and put it in the fridge so it's ready to drink the next day.

You can individually package them in Ziplock bags and take them anywhere. Just add cold water.
I would even add 1 cup cottage cheese in that mix for a more protein packed meal. Nice recipe!

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
I had never thought of doing it that way, it's definately conveniant.:goodpost:

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
I love to put cottage in blender, makes everything more creamy :)

Moyer

board observer
Awards
  • Established
I would even add 1 cup cottage cheese in that mix for a more protein packed meal. Nice recipe!
Yeah, the point of using all powders was so you don't have to use a blender. If you're going to blend, I would definately add cottage cheese. You could also add eggs or egg white, bananas or any fruit, light olive oil or flax oil, even some Fiber One cereal.

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
Whey + Water
Whey + Milk
Whey + Oats + Water
Whey + Oats + Milk
Whey + Oats + Water + PB
Whey + Oats + Milk + PB
Whey + Oats + Water + Cottage Cheese
Whey + Oats + Milk + Cottage Cheese
Whey + Oats + Water + Cottage Cheese + PB
Whey + Oats + Milk + Cottage Cheese + PB

It's all good. I'm not too keen on the Milk pre w/o though. Just doesn't seem right to have that sitting in your stomach when you're on a treadmill.

jjohn

jjohn

Awards
  • Established
Whey + Water
Whey + Milk
Whey + Oats + Water
Whey + Oats + Milk
Whey + Oats + Water + PB
Whey + Oats + Milk + PB
Whey + Oats + Water + Cottage Cheese
Whey + Oats + Milk + Cottage Cheese
Whey + Oats + Water + Cottage Cheese + PB
Whey + Oats + Milk + Cottage Cheese + PB

It's all good. I'm not too keen on the Milk pre w/o though. Just doesn't seem right to have that sitting in your stomach when you're on a treadmill.
Pretty well summed up man :thumbsup:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bigman1292 Natural Bodybuilding 0
PhantomReaper General Chat 36
Supplements 0
Post Cycle Therapy 14
Dominus Anabolics 48