Nutrition and Supplementation for Adderall Rx

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Long time away from the forums, but I figured I'd rather start out asking this in a familiar place before resorting to Reddit or somewhere else. I was prescribed dextroamphetamine (XR with a small IR dose to use if/when necessary) last year after years of feeling like a shell of my former self when it came to my mental clarity and sharpness. It has definitely been a welcomed game-changer, but my initial research led me to being very cautious of over-using and running into the myriad of problems I've read about.

I'm a firefighter, so I work a 24 hour shift, followed by 48 hours "off" (which basically just means that in my 2 days away from the station, I'm doing what the rest of you are doing in the evenings and on weekends). I've tried utilizing dosing every 3rd day on my shift days to ensure I'm on my A-game and giving myself plenty of time away so as to not see diminished effects. That has provided me with very efficient and productive days at work, but less so in my time at home. For the record, other than the very initial doses, I've never "felt" it as in a high of any type; I just know after several hours that I've been productive and just feel good about it (not hyper, etc.).

So, I'm cautiously going back to the daily (or close to it) dosing that I did when I was initially prescribed it at 10mg and worked my way up month-to-month to the dose I now have (30mg XR). My doctor didn't really provide me with much insight on this side of things and I've tried to research, but it's not like there's (at least that I've found) a true validated source for the best/right/all information. One thing that I came across, however, was the role of vitamin C or ascorbic acid in downregulating the effects. My normal routine prior to this has always included plenty of foods and drinks with vitamin C/ascorbic acid, as well as a multi-vitamin (I take Orange Triad split with half a serving at lunch and the other at dinner) and pre-workouts and intra-workouts that are full of it.

When it was one day out of every three, it was easier for me to avoid this (e.g. take my multi at dinner and then the remaining half just before bed, either save my workouts for my 2 days off or to just utilize some bulk powders/pills and none of my ususal products), but daily is definitely more of an issue (more so with food than the supplements; I want to use all the products I've always used, but it's merely an inconvenience to have to use bulk powders and pills).

What I'd like to know, from anyone who has been prescribed adderall for longer than I have, what do you do/how do you avoid this problem? How much of an impact does it actually have on how well the drug works? Are there any other things that you've found noteworthy you wish you'd known earlier?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i don't have any experience with adderall, just wanted to say it's good to see you here again...been a long time---hopefully someone here can help out!!!!