NPP and Deca ...

LaserGoPewPew

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have never researched either of these but I do see guys talking about them often. Any info on sides, results, etc appreciated

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
You need to do more research before you embark on a cycle. Coming to a forum to ask very basic questions about these 2 19-nor compounds shows you haven't looked into them, how they work, what they do, what their function is, and under what circumstances they are best taken.

NPP is a shorter acting ester than Deca, as it is nandrolone with phenylproprionate ester that releases much more quickly in the blood meaning you have to inject it more often.

For my money, I would research into good old fashioned testosterone.

LaserGoPewPew

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You need to do more research before you embark on a cycle. Coming to a forum to ask very basic questions about these 2 19-nor compounds shows you haven't looked into them, how they work, what they do, what their function is, and under what circumstances they are best taken.

NPP is a shorter acting ester than Deca, as it is nandrolone with phenylproprionate ester that releases much more quickly in the blood meaning you have to inject it more often.

You're right I am on square one now in terms of research - just wanted to see who here has used them and why

I am on TRT now and have been taking regular test for 18 months.. Mixed in some Primo last summer. Outside of that a couple prohormone runs 12 years ago, so i don't have a lot of knowledge on all the anabolics out there -- and i do appreciate the info above.

Have you tried each? Pros/Cons?

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Deca is probably not a great choice for someone inexperienced/less knowledgeable. NPP is a bit easier to deal with, but still has pitfalls. PCT will be tough with either. Why did you choose these two specifically?

LaserGoPewPew

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Deca is probably not a great choice for someone inexperienced/less knowledgeable. NPP is a bit easier to deal with, but still has pitfalls. PCT will be tough with either. Why did you choose these two specifically?
No rhyme or reason. I am on TRT now and have been taking regular test for 18 months.. Mixed in some Primo last summer.

I dont know much at all about either of them. Not set in stone to run them either -- but i did have luck w primo (anavar not so much) and wanted to get the scoop from guys who know the pros and cons of each

Have you run either of them?

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
No rhyme or reason. I am on TRT now and have been taking regular test for 18 months.. Mixed in some Primo last summer.

I dont know much at all about either of them. Not set in stone to run them either -- but i did have luck w primo (anavar not so much) and wanted to get the scoop from guys who know the pros and cons of each

Have you run either of them?
I'm going to message you directly.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

damn you gave yourself veteran role pretty damn fast over here.... you tell him all that yet last night you told someone not to take aromasin while you didn’t even know what it was. @Hyde covered pretty well your case. Lasers been here for like 10 years and simply asked a question and was looking for opinions. Every time I open this forum and a thread I see you spewing whatever you read online yet you have absolutely 0 experience with almost everything you know so well. It’s crazy how cocky you are getting too.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I kinda went off the idea of deca (love NPP) but have come back around to it now. There will be people who disagree but in a very general sense I think NPP is more versatile (great for cut, recomp, or bulk) whereas I find deca is very much a compound for bulking.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I kinda went off the idea of deca (love NPP) but have come back around to it now. There will be people who disagree but in a very general sense I think NPP is more versatile (great for cut, recomp, or bulk) whereas I find deca is very much a compound for bulking.
Im very curious to hear your thoughts about it because you probably know my thoughts about it... always thought Npp was superior and everything but my next blast I’m very tempted is supposed to be test eq npp gh but I’m very very tempted to switch npp for deca just because something in me wonder if that little extra muscular water it brings and that people avoid isn’t in fact helpful. As you said I’ve really been rethinking this whole npp vs deca. Of course for people who pct or whatever Npp is better , probably less side and everything but if we only think about SIZE and actual ability to add muscle... I wonder if there’s a difference.

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Im very curious to hear your thoughts about it because you probably know my thoughts about it... always thought Npp was superior and everything but my next blast I’m very tempted is supposed to be test eq npp gh but I’m very very tempted to switch npp for deca just because something in me wonder if that little extra muscular water it brings and that people avoid isn’t in fact helpful. As you said I’ve really been rethinking this whole npp vs deca. Of course for people who pct or whatever Npp is better , probably less side and everything but if we only think about SIZE and actual ability to add muscle... I wonder if there’s a difference.
If you're going to cruise at the end of the cycle, deca is the better choice. I did a bunch of reading when planning my current cycle and everything points to it being far superior for gains that you can keep. Tren is obviously better yet if you can handle the sides. I cannot!

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If you're going to cruise at the end of the cycle, deca is the better choice. I did a bunch of reading when planning my current cycle and everything points to it being far superior for gains that you can keep. Tren is obviously better yet if you can handle the sides. I cannot!
Yeah I’m on trt anyways. It’s just the two times I did nandrolone I used NPP because this new school way of thinking points towards the idea that it’s superior and I believed that for a while... I’m not certain anymore. When we talk purely for gains. Care to explain your idea being it?

MadStax

MadStax

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Yeah I’m on trt anyways. It’s just the two times I did nandrolone I used NPP because this new school way of thinking points towards the idea that it’s superior and I believed that for a while... I’m not certain anymore. When we talk purely for gains. Care to explain your idea being it?
If you Google "npp vs deca" you'll find a ton of things to read.

The general consensus seems to be that NPP will yield gains quicker, but you'll also lose them faster. Deca will take time, but because it will ramp up and tail off, you'll keep more. It makes sense to me, so I'm going for it! Also, the longer ester means less spike and fall off during the cycle. Predictable levels mean you can more easily plan your training and get more heavy lifting done once level build up.

bad rad

bad rad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have never researched either of these but I do see guys talking about them often. Any info on sides, results, etc appreciated
Biggest difference for me is NPP tends to be dryer and less bloat than ND.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In terms of how I find deca vs NPP...deca seems less forgiving of dietary sloppiness. Is this because NPP is a slightly better partitioner? I dunno...my suspicion is that no, deca just has greater anabolic potential because of all the "baggage" that tends to come with it, particulary the water and progesterone activity. I guess its kinda like running high test, then killing its activity with ancilliaries (so why run high test?)

Im not sure if deca gainz are "more keepable", keepability depends on lots of things besides the compound itself. NPP gainz, mass gainz, are not as pronounced as deca but then I find NPP drier. Strength gainz, deca has the edge. Are you cruising and eating at (new) maintanence after the deca blast? Id say the gainz, the true "non transient" gainz, are keepable.

Id point out, Ive never run Masteron with my previous deca cycles, always with NPP though. So that may affect my current run in a big way, compared to previous.

Anyway, if you subscribe to the idea of lower/slower/longer for gainz, deca would seem one of the best choices.

Last edited:
StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
damn you gave yourself veteran role pretty damn fast over here.... you tell him all that yet last night you told someone not to take aromasin while you didn’t even know what it was. @Hyde covered pretty well your case. Lasers been here for like 10 years and simply asked a question and was looking for opinions. Every time I open this forum and a thread I see you spewing whatever you read online yet you have absolutely 0 experience with almost everything you know so well. It’s crazy how cocky you are getting too.
I have no beef with you, so I'll hope you'll engage me in a civil discussion.

When I see a user come into the forum and ask what the difference between Deca Durabolin and NPP it's clear to me that that person needs to do a lot more research on how these steroids work in the body, what specific use they're for, how to use them, and so forth. That is what I saw in the first post.

It was Exemestane I didn't know that much about, but regardless, I argued my point and we both came to an agreement. I can't see how that can be construed as me trying to act like a 'veteran'. Like everyone else, I'm here too learn and try and help people with the knowledge I have.

If you have a specific problem with what I said, make a call out thread about me and we'll discuss it. If you don't like me fine, but like I said, I have no beef with you. Maybe I sound like one of those typical 'know it all types' you see around fourms like this, but I assure, I know what I'm talking about most of the time. I've been studying AAS and using them on and off for the past 20 years.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
You're right I am on square one now in terms of research - just wanted to see who here has used them and why

I am on TRT now and have been taking regular test for 18 months.. Mixed in some Primo last summer. Outside of that a couple prohormone runs 12 years ago, so i don't have a lot of knowledge on all the anabolics out there -- and i do appreciate the info above.

Have you tried each? Pros/Cons?
I'm on a product right now called Supernandro. It has 75mg of NPP and 300mg of Deca Durabolin. I'm taking it with Sustanon 250 in sort of a TRT protocol I'm experimenting with. The NPP is like the test propionate of nandrolone. You have to inject it twice a week to get the best results, but they'll be learn and without bloat. Although it does like 7-14 days in the body.

You could add some Deca to the cycle you're on. I highly suggest you read those articles I wrote and the video I linked. You will be much more informed on the subject.

Deca is going to bloat you up, but it converts instead of DHT, DHN which is dihydronandrolone. It's much less androgenic than DHT, so you aren't going to have issues with hair loss/prostate. And since you're on test, you'd be good for libido issues. it's also progesterogenic which can cause gyno in the presence of estrogen, so you might want to get some extra Vitamin B 6 to help control the progesterone.

Hope that helps,
-SS

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Npp injected twice a week is not enough and will produce bad fluctuations in your blood and prevent proper build up of the drug. Once again false information. Bear minimum NPP needs to be injected 3 times a week. Ideally eod.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Npp injected twice a week is not enough and will produce bad fluctuations in your blood and prevent proper build up of the drug. Once again false information. Bear minimum NPP needs to be injected 3 times a week. Ideally eod.
That's completely debatable. From Anabolics 10th edition by William Llewellyn:

Nandrolone phenylpropionate is an injectable form of the anabolic steroid nandrolone. The
properties of this drug are strikingly similar to those of Deca-Durabolin®, which uses the
slower acting drug nandrolone decanoate. The primary difference between these two
preparations is the speed in which nandrolone is released into the blood. While nandrolone
decanoate provides a release of nandrolone from the area of injection lasting approximately 3
weeks, nandrolone phenylpropionate is active for only about a week. In clinical situations,
Deca-Durabolin can thus be injected once every 2 or 3 weeks, while Durabolin® is usually
administered every several days to once weekly
. Otherwise, the two drugs are virtually
interchangeable. Like Deca-Durabolin, Durabolin is valued by athletes and bodybuilders for
its abilities to promote strength and lean muscle mass gains without significant estrogenic or
androgenic side effects.

Nandrolone phenylpropionate provides a sharp I spike in nandrolone release 24-48 hours following dee
intramuscular injection, and declines to near baseline: levels within a week.
Anabolics 11th Edition by William Llewellyn

So yes, you got me there. NPP lasts about 7-14 days in the body, but to keep your levels stable, it needs to be injected at least once ever 48 hours.

I do appreciate you correcting me @Mathb33, but there's no need to be a dick about it. You learn something new everday, and I was mistaken.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That's completely debatable. From Anabolics 10th edition by William Llewellyn:

Anabolics 11th Edition by William Llewellyn

So yes, you got me there. NPP lasts about 7-14 days in the body, but to keep your levels stable, it needs to be injected at least once ever 48 hours.

I do appreciate you correcting me @Mathb33, but there's no need to be a dick about it. You learn something new everday, and I was mistaken.
I have zero problems with you personally and I am not being a dick. I have a problem with how you present your theories and knowledge and quite often your advices are wrong. My problem is when someone comes and gives an advice to someone, in a way where he is sure enough of himself while he is wrong. This is not something you should take lightly. If someone did follow your advice he could’ve encountered several problems due to the huge hormonale fluctuations that would have happened.

StarScream66

StarScream66

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have zero problems with you personally and I am not being a dick. I have a problem with how you present your theories and knowledge and quite often your advices are wrong. My problem is when someone comes and gives an advice to someone, in a way where he is sure enough of himself while he is wrong. This is not something you should take lightly. If someone did follow your advice he could’ve encountered several problems due to the huge hormonale fluctuations that would have happened.
Point taken.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It was Exemestane I didn't know that much about, but regardless, I argued my point and we both came to an agreement.

I've been studying AAS and using them on and off for the past 20 years.
Aromasin and exemestane are the same thing.

LaserGoPewPew

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm on a product right now called Supernandro. It has 75mg of NPP and 300mg of Deca Durabolin. I'm taking it with Sustanon 250 in sort of a TRT protocol I'm experimenting with. The NPP is like the test propionate of nandrolone. You have to inject it twice a week to get the best results, but they'll be learn and without bloat. Although it does like 7-14 days in the body.

You could add some Deca to the cycle you're on. I highly suggest you read those articles I wrote and the video I linked. You will be much more informed on the subject.

Deca is going to bloat you up, but it converts instead of DHT, DHN which is dihydronandrolone. It's much less androgenic than DHT, so you aren't going to have issues with hair loss/prostate. And since you're on test, you'd be good for libido issues. it's also progesterogenic which can cause gyno in the presence of estrogen, so you might want to get some extra Vitamin B 6 to help control the progesterone.

Hope that helps,
-SS
awesome info !!

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ehhhhhh, deca wasn’t for me when I tried it, but that was just based on my first and only experience with it so far. Results were nothing spectacular, noticed no difference in joints (were worse if anything), and it made my facking weiner go limp right before climax each time. I know some people love the stuff like crazy though, so I definitely plan to give it a try again in the future.