Nootropics Super Stack - Need Advice

Mx1x1

Mx1x1

Awards
I haven't experimented much with nootropics yet. Only tried Alpha GPC and 5-HTP.

I'm about to try the following..
• 200mg L-Theanine
• 500mg DL-Phenylalanine
• 3300mg Arginine Base (3267mg L-Arginine)
• 3300mg L-Citrulline DL-Malate (2178mg L-Citrulline)
• 750mg N-Acetyl-Cysteine

and maybe add in
• 300mg Alpha GPC
• 100mg 5-HTP

What am I expecting of this? I want to have a better overall wellbeing. More focus, better mood, more confidence and support with overcoming addiction withdrawal (nicotine and caffeine).
I'm constantly fatigued, dealing with anxiety, no calm thoughts and lack of confidence.

Just wanted to know if I need to take some stuff out or change some dosages.

Thanks in advance!

mavup

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I can’t speak to arginine as I’ve always used citrulline instead, and don’t know of any specific citrulline/malate nootropic benefits (outside of maybe increased blood flow but unsure of how much this would affect CBF compared to pramiracetam or vinpocetine - my guess is not as significantly).

anyway, the alpha gpc, theanine, and NAC should work well for focus and relaxation. I’ve only used NAC for anxiety, which it is helpful for, but didn’t notice much beyond that. Alpha gpc is a good choline source, which is nice for overall cognition.
I think some of the mood aspects you mentioned will be benefited by NAC and theanine, which will put you in a mindset that may help with the other factors since you may not be as anxious or have as many racing thoughts.

this isn’t a bad start, but I would look into more traditional and targeted nootropics - polygala tenuifolia, if you could take one substance, would probably help with what you’re looking for. A good ashwaganda, gotu kola, tongkat Ali probably would as well. Taurine and Agmatine sulfate are also worth looking into. I’m not saying to try these now, I would see how theanine/a-gpc/NAC affect you, but do more research on targeted nootropic compounds to try as you want to address more specific things.

if you have more specific questions I would be happy to answer those, too.

edit: forgot about the DL-phenylalanine, I haven’t tried it in isolation but supposedly should help with mood with conversion to catecholamines