Nootropics for ADHD?

stimtron

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I just read Saffron Extract in one study anyway was as strong as ritalin. Is there any others out there worth trying?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sorry, just now seeing this thread. I forget to check the nootropics section.

Companies aren't really supposed to suggest products for medical conditions, but answering from a personal perspective as someone who has ADHD, Focus XT works very well for me and we get a lot of customer feedback on it as well.

N2ofusion

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Can’t imagine saffron is really that strong. Wonder what the study was mentioning ?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I can't remember off hand where it was or who it was done by but I did see it when researching saffron very heavily because we included it in GlycoPhase.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Sensoril and Synapsa both have showed promise with those who have ADD symptoms.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sensoril and Synapsa both have showed promise with those who have ADD symptoms.
Sensoril - yes it does.

Synapsa - there may be some synapsa specific studies (not sure) but Bacopa in general w a high % of bacosides has some great studies done on it for ADHD. I normally love branded ingredients and do love sensoril but I’m not sold on Synapsa being any better than a non branded bacopa w 50%+ bacosides.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Focus xt was a godsend for this when I was in college.

NAC is a controversial subject on here right now but this seemed to help me quite a bit with symptoms here, especially when combined with agmatine sulphate.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Focus xt was a godsend for this when I was in college.

NAC is a controversial subject on here right now but this seemed to help me quite a bit with symptoms here, especially when combined with agmatine sulphate.
I'm going to keep my opinions on the NAC thing to myself because I try to focus on the positive and avoid arguments that to me aren't worth having and the NAC subject is related to muscle building, not nootropic benefits anyway so I think NAC is a perfectly valid idea and suggestion for this.

I think Focus XT is the best base supplement for this and then of course Agmatine XT and NAC could be added if desired.

Andy Roo

Awards
Lil' old NAC that many use, is controversial all of a sudden? Looked in the search field to find out what the issue was, but couldn't find.
Someone should sum up the controversy around NAC in a sentence or two.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Lil' old NAC that many use, is controversial all of a sudden? Looked in the search field to find out what the issue was, but couldn't find.
Someone should sum up the controversy around NAC in a sentence or two.
After years of using it for liver protection while on cycle and PCT some people are all of a sudden saying it may be detrimental to gaining muscle. NAC has been one of the primary go to ingredients for AAS and PH cycles for 15 years and some are going to such an extreme - acting like you can't build muscle on it like all the years of people gaining off AAS and ph's is just in people's heads. I find it ridiculous for 3 reasons - 1) If you don't want to take antioxidants around your workout time, that's really simple - take it at a different time of the day. 2) People spend so much time nit picking if something may be detrimental yet to see even a minuscule lack of progress from it would mean that a person had everything right in their diet and training and then the addition of that may hold someone back when the reality is that 99.9% of people don't have everything perfect with their diet and training. 3) This ironically and conveniently happens when NAC pricing just happens to go up (and the exact same thing happened with Milk Thistle a few years ago when the pricing went up and when it came back down companies stopped talking about it). Oh and a nice 4th, NAC has been researched to help prevent muscle loss in the elderly and also in people fasting.

Andy Roo

Awards
After years of using it for liver protection while on cycle and PCT some people are all of a sudden saying it may be detrimental to gaining muscle. NAC has been one of the primary go to ingredients for AAS and PH cycles for 15 years and some are going to such an extreme - acting like you can't build muscle on it like all the years of people gaining off AAS and ph's is just in people's heads. I find it ridiculous for 3 reasons - 1) If you don't want to take antioxidants around your workout time, that's really simple - take it at a different time of the day. 2) People spend so much time nit picking if something may be detrimental yet to see even a minuscule lack of progress from it would mean that a person had everything right in their diet and training and then the addition of that may hold someone back when the reality is that 99.9% of people don't have everything perfect with their diet and training. 3) This ironically and conveniently happens when NAC pricing just happens to go up (and the exact same thing happened with Milk Thistle a few years ago when the pricing went up and when it came back down companies stopped talking about it). Oh and a nice 4th, NAC has been researched to help prevent muscle loss in the elderly and also in people fasting.
Ohhhh! Thanks for the update sns8778...and have to agree with all your points here, this little supplemental form of cysteine, in no way interferes with muscle growth any more than say, an other antioxidant...antioxidants which should be consumed separate from training anyway...basic knowledge there.
This so-called controversy, is sounding like NO controversy.