Nicholas Cage is Ghost Rider...

Y2Jversion1

Y2Jversion1

Board Supporter
Awards
Spirit of Vengeance coming to the big screen Summer 2006!

Couple stills:

Hellcycle:

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

I am a big chopper fan but liked the bike in comics better, with that said that is one HOT (pun intended) bike! It really looks cool! Hey Y2J, where are you finding all these comic book movies info at! O, and when are ya gonna post the Rocky vs Brock training and dammit....there was something else you were gonna post!

Y2Jversion1

Y2Jversion1

Board Supporter
Awards
I am a big chopper fan but liked the bike in comics better, with that said that is one HOT (pun intended) bike! It really looks cool! Hey Y2J, where are you finding all these comic book movies info at! O, and when are ya gonna post the Rocky vs Brock training and dammit....there was something else you were gonna post!
My bro got me hooked on superherohype.com..
Shoot, forgot bout the Rocky SS vid.. The other vid was the Mariuz Pudzianowski one.. I've got that on my online drive..go here:
http://plus.xdrive.com/u/130206739/657263565Uh7gwtxhZtdb2VwxDzD
Just register with your email addy (free) and you'll have access to my folder. I only have Pudz's "Dominator" on it for now..it's in polish though...
I'll have to find the Rocky one, I had it on my work comp, whose HD was toast so I lost it..will get it up asap though!

ItriedtoripoffBobosonowIamgonehaveaniceday

Hey...I went and signed up but no movies! LOL

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
Ghost Rider could make a great comic to film adaptation. I'm excited about all the upcoming comic book movies: Superman, Fantastic Four, Batman, Iron Man (imagine how that suit is gonna look!), and Ghost Rider.

Invincible

Awards
This is directed by the same guy who directed Daredevil, that is to say he's a big comic fan but not the best director, however I haven't seen the daredevil directors cut which I hear is better.

I like how our avatars show we're obviously in the right place.

Y2Jversion1

Y2Jversion1

Board Supporter
Awards
New Ghostrider pic from licensing convention -

MaynardMeek

Awards
  • Established
they have no ideas of their own in hollywood so they have to be like "sample" ideas ;-)

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I think movies based on comics are a good idea if they can be done right. Who doesn't like superheros. I'd like to see a sequel to the Hulk personally. Maybe with a little more Hulk this time around. Maybe a movie based on just Wolverine's character alone.

Y2Jversion1

Y2Jversion1

Board Supporter
Awards
I think movies based on comics are a good idea if they can be done right. Who doesn't like superheros. I'd like to see a sequal to the Hulk personally. Maybe with a little more Hulk this time around. Maybe a movie based on just Wolverine's character alone.
YEa, since they got the origins part outta the way in HULK, there should be a lot more 'Hulk smash!' in the sequel.. BTW, there is going to be a Wolverine movie...hopefully they make it dark and gritty, sticking to Wolvie's true personality instead of fluffing him up like they did in the Xmen films..

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Wasn't Nicholas Cage banned from acting?

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is directed by the same guy who directed Daredevil, that is to say he's a big comic fan but not the best director, however I haven't seen the daredevil directors cut which I hear is better.

I like how our avatars show we're obviously in the right place.
I thought Daredevil was a really good comic book to movie film. Much better then the Hulk IMO. Mark Steven Johnson is a huge comic book fan that just happens to be a director as well, I think thats a good attribute to have when a film company is looking to hire someone to direct this type of movie. He should fit in just fine at the helm of Ghost Rider, don't no about Nic Cage though, was kinda wishing that Johnny Depp would play Johnny Blaze has the better biker look to me. Oh and by the way Invincible, the dude in your avatar just so happens to be the primary villian in X3, or so I have heard.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Daredevil sucked.

I would love to see Juggernaut in X3. I think the kid who created fire from X2 will come back as a villian known as Pyro in X3. I'm sure Magneto will return as well. Maybe have him suck the ademantium from Wolverine's bones like you see in the comics and have Wolverine turn into Bone Wolverine. Just a thought. You will also see Jean Grey ressurect as Phoenix. Also, they need to incorporate Gambit somehow. I liked his character in the comic books and cartoon. Plus there was romance involved between him and Rogue, so there's your love story. If Pyro is in it you might see the Blob as well. You can go on forever with the X-Men.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Daredevil sucked.

I would love to see Juggernaut in X3. I think the kid who created fire from X2 will come back as a villian known as Pyro in X3. I'm sure Magneto will return as well. Maybe have him suck the ademantium from Wolverine's bones like you see in the comics and have Wolverine turn into Bone Wolverine. Just a thought. You will also see Jean Grey ressurect as Phoenix. Also, they need to incorporate Gambit somehow. I liked his character in the comic books and cartoon. Plus there was romance involved between him and Rogue, so there's your love story. If Pyro is in it you might see the Blob as well. You can go on forever with the X-Men.
It's funny, because out of all the comic books I used to read when I was a kid, daredevil was by far the suckiest one, not enough superpowers, teleportation, and awesomen looking villians. His earlier costume was probably one of the worst I'd ever seen (yellow, black, and red), so when I watched the movie I had low expectations to begin with, I didnt even like Bender Affleck. After the movie though I really had a much better idea of what Matt Murdock and Daredevil was all about. It really stuck to the roots of the comic, more so then almost any other comic movie to date. Gritty, dark, and plain. Daredevil was the anti Spider Man, more akin to Batman, Spawn, Shadow Hawk, etc. Just not as popular, and I really dug the movie because of it.(and Jen Garner)

As for the Xmen, you have to have Colossus in a primary role, especially if Juggernaut is the arch villian of the movie. The two just go hand in hand, plus Big C was my all time fav of the X'ers. Anyone know who the villian in Ghost Rider is going to be?

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Daredevil sucked.

In the end of X2 you can see a burning Phoenix in the lake as they fly over..... I'm sure she will.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Bad news about Iron Man. I heard Tom Cruise is playing Tony Stark.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bad news about Iron Man. I heard Tom Cruise is playing Tony Stark.
Please tell me your joking? :sick: I thought he was doing that new Mission Impossible flick instead.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Iron Man is far off. MI:3 has started filming IIRC.

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
I'm still looking forward to seeing CAGE, i.e. - Luke Cage, Power Man. I just hope they ended up with a different actor playing the part; last I heard it was going to be Tyrese. I also believe they are really going to 'gangsta' it up... we'll see.

I also heard recently that they are going to make an Iron Fist movie, but that the rights, as sold by Marvel, went to another production house (or whatever); that is, we won't see "Power Man & Iron Fist" in any form or fashion... which I'd like to see.

Ah well...

The comic book movie fashion will start to fade soon probably. I mean, not that there won't be any, but there certainly won't be so many. And yes, the person above who commented as to why these movies are prominent is right... Hollywood has NO ideas... everything is a remake of a previous movie, previous TV show, or comic book. That might not be so bad except in most cases they do a pitiful job, at least with the remakes.

I liked the latest Punisher flick pretty well. I didn't think the Spiderman movies were poor or anything, but the word over-rated certainly came to mind; especially for 2. I didn't see Daredevil or Hulk...

Ah well... it'll be interesting to see how all these flicks pan out.