NEWS: New Universal Product Pro & Oats

naturalguy

naturalguy

Universal Nutrition
Awards
  • Established

Protein and oats. The perfect bodybuilding meal. For decades, die hard iron slingers have begun their day in the same manner—with the frying pan and pot on the range, preparing the most basic of simple of bodybuilding meals—eggs and oatmeal. Starting their bodybuilding diet each day with a plate full of easily assimilated complete protein and a side bowl of hearty and wholesome, slow digesting carbohydrates, weight trainers could go forth with confidence knowing they were providing the proper fuel to maximize the performance of their growing human machine.

As the rat race has sped up, to keep the pace, many strength athletes have gone the way of the blender in an attempt to become more efficient, combining nutritious whole food sources into a single easy to drink shake—taking staple ingredients like milk, whey protein, egg whites and whole oats and mixing them together to create what is essentially a meal in a glass. A streamlined and convenient process, sure, but it could be better.

Meal replacement powders or MRPs were once the be-all end-all of bodybuilding supplementation. What could be more advanced and space-age than an entire meal in a single packet? There was much good about the MRPs and any bodybuilder worth his weight in lifting chalk has chugged several in his day. Simply pour a packet in a shaker cup, mix with water and you were good to go. It simply couldn’t get any better, that is, until you better analyze the nutrient profile. These meal shakes tended to be loaded with “emptier” than ideal calories and questionable sources of carbohydrates and fats. They did their job, but many felt that job could be done better. Many would simply opt to mix a couple of scoops of whey in their shaker, but alas, this is far from a complete meal for a growing bodybuilder.

The “meal in a glass” idea seemed to have seen its day, until the idealistic bodybuilding junkies that comprise the Universal R&D department had an idea—take the best of all worlds, the homebrew blender shake and the on-the-go MRP and combine their best elements into a single powder, one that could really serve to replace a meal. Something suitable for guys who were getting ripped or those looking to pack on the mass. Take a diverse protein blend full of fast and slow digesting sources, mix that with fibrous wholesome oats in powdered form and remove any fillers, artificial sweeteners, flavors or colors and there you have it. Pro & Oats from Universal, the real bodybuilder’s real meal replacement powder.

So what’s in it? Pro & Oats provides a diverse blend of the staple ingredients—protein from balanced sources and carbs from rolled oats and combines them into a basic, yet extremely powerful meal replacement powder. With a varied profile of fast and slow released proteins—whey protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, calcium caseinate and egg white albumin, Pro & Oats ensures that you’re taking in a superior and steady flow of amino acids into the body for optimal protein absorption and protein synthesis. This advanced protein mix is then balanced with high-quality carbohydrates such as rolled oats, oat fiber and honey. These wholesome and minimally processed sources provide a steady flow of energy, as they are packed with complex carbohydrates and soluble fiber which results in slower digestion and better stabilization of blood glucose levels. These carbohydrates also provide a bevy of minerals, vitamins and natural antioxidants, making them a much better choice than the often used maltodextrin and dextrose-based simple carbohydrate of lesser MRPs. To top it off, Pro & Oats is all-naturally sweetened with stevia.

The meal in a glass is no longer a dream of the past. Put clean bodybuilding food in your shaker cup and put your faith in the nutritional power of Pro & Oats, the perfect muscle building meal. Only from Universal.

Aggression

Aggression

Awards
Awesome product. I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a tub of this. Now I won't have to break out the blender to mix the two separate foods.

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Why are all these companies coming out with protein and oats powders when all you have to do is mix your protein of choise with instant rolled oats that cost $2.29 for a
48 oz container and actually if you do yourself it will be better quality without all the sugar and cheap whey concentrate. I mix 1 scoop of Micellar casien with 1 scoop of whey iso and as much oats as I want depending if I am trying to bulk or lean out. Right now I am looking to put on a little more size so I take 1 Glycobol cap and 20 minutes later I have a protein shake with 3 or 4 scoops of oats and I am good to go for a way lot less $.

Animal Rep

Animal Rep

Awards
  • Established
Convenience, brother. Pro + Oats is as simple as throwing a scoop into your shaker cup. No need to grab different containers, use/clean a blender or deal with big chunks of oats. The powder is finely grounded up and ready to use. You can definitely keep doing what you're doing. For those with less time/looking for something easier, grab some Pro + Oats.

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
Convenience, brother. Pro + Oats is as simple as throwing a scoop into your shaker cup. No need to grab different containers, use/clean a blender or deal with big chunks of oats. The powder is finely grounded up and ready to use. You can definitely keep doing what you're doing. For those with less time/looking for something easier, grab some Pro + Oats.
I just got a chance to try it... Breakfast on the go, for me...

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Was goin to order some but no one has it in stock yet. Anyone know when this will be available?

MrDead

MrDead

Awards
  • Established
Was goin to order some but no one has it in stock yet. Anyone know when this will be available?
Not sure, yet... But, will definitely let you know when it does...