New Member with a (probably dumb) Question

sp447

sp447

Awards
  • Established
Hey people. My name is Zach but you can call me southpaw.

I've been training MMA for the last 5 years of my life. It is my life and the only thing I know and I look forward to spending time on here because the other forum I was a member of (BB.com) is full of idiots.

But I have a question and possibly a dumb one that someone has probably already asked.

I take my fair share of supplements but I've never taken anything "hardcore" if you will, but I'm thinking about it because my skinny ass needs to move up in weight so I can actually start competing.

I was wondering is anyone knows anything abotu Mass FX Maximum Strength and if it can be taken as a stand-alone.

or if it's a complete waste of time and money what would be a better product that could help me put on weight/muscle and that would fit into the routine of a fighter who burns ridiculous amounts of calories.

Thanks

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What is your diet and how many training sessions do you have per week including sparring, grappling, conditioning, etc.?

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
MassFX is a great test booster and can definitely be run solo, but with ur weight and height i would concentrate on DIET

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm going to have two agree with the 2 posters above me. Diet is what makes you get big, no supplements. They can help, but don't let yourself get fazed by all the advertising that promise all this muscle growth etc. If you fuel your body properly and train hard, the results will blow you away.

sp447

sp447

Awards
  • Established
What is your diet and how many training sessions do you have per week including sparring, grappling, conditioning, etc.?
I do conditioning about 4 times a week.

I train 6x a week grappling and Muay Thai. My Sessions are usually at night and last about 5 hours. I do sparring 2x per week.

When I hit the weights it's usually in the morning afterwards I usually rest for a few hours before heading to the gym to train or I work in between lifting and training.

I try to get at least 4500-5000 calories a day and I do my best to eat clean. But everyone in my family except me is looking to lose weight so finding good food is hard for me sometimes.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First, 5 hour sessions are complete overkill and not necessary. This is one of the main things limiting your gains and needs to be reduced to 2 hours tops.

So, if I'm reading this right, then you train over 35+ hours/wk??

sp447

sp447

Awards
  • Established
My diets consists of a lot of Protein, Complex Carbs, Veggies (Green), Fruits, Milk etc.

I try to keep sodium and sugar as low as I can and I rarely drink.

My supplements as of right now are.

White Flood
Whey Protein
Fish Oil
Multivitamin
CoQ-10

I'm 20 years old.

It's more like 25-30 hours per week.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My diets consists of a lot of Protein, Complex Carbs, Veggies (Green), Fruits, Milk etc.

I try to keep sodium and sugar as low as I can and I rarely drink.

My supplements as of right now are.

White Flood
Whey Protein
Fish Oil
Multivitamin
CoQ-10
Do not restrict sodium. It is an important electrolyte and necessary for performance athletes.

sp447

sp447

Awards
  • Established
I know 4-5 hours is a lot of training but I just love training, LOL, I can't get enough of it. Like I said it's been the last 5 years of my life and it's what I want to do.

I want to compete in the Mundials and fight in Dream

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know 4-5 hours is a lot of training but I just love training, LOL, I can't get enough of it. Like I said it's been the last 5 years of my life and it's what I want to do.

I want to compete in the Mundials and fight in Dream
I completely understand, but it is too much and is counterproductive. I train for maybe 17 hours a week when I am peeking for a fight, but that is only for 3-4 weeks before I start to taper.

I'm all for 2-a-days, but there is a point where you are in catabolism and that is something you must avoid.

sp447

sp447

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for your help.

BTW. I love Wanderlei Silva. Have your even met him?

He is probably the nicest human being I've ever met.

My favorite fighter next to Georges St. Pierre.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for your help.

BTW. I love Wanderlei Silva. Have your even met him?

He is probably the nicest human being I've ever met.

My favorite fighter next to Georges St. Pierre.
Never met the guy, but it is something that I desperately want to do. I have heard the same thing about him.

sp447

sp447

Awards
  • Established
Never met the guy, but it is something that I desperately want to do. I have heard the same thing about him.
He's all about the fans. Win or Lose he's always going to be a legend to me.

He goes out to put on a show for the fans and that's what made me one

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He's all about the fans. Win or Lose he's always going to be a legend to me.

He goes out to put on a show for the fans and that's what made me one
He'll always be my favorite fighter; he embodies the warrior spirit. How many other fighters would take a fight against a K-1 World Champ that is 50+ lbs bigger on 4 days notice??

sp447

sp447

Awards
  • Established
I know. He defines what it means to be a fighter. If you ask me I think he should have won that fight and for taking it on 4 days notice with a guy like Hunt, he did a damn good job

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know. He defines what it means to be a fighter. If you ask me I think he should have won that fight and for taking it on 4 days notice with a guy like Hunt, he did a damn good job
I, along with Bas and Randy (who were commentating the fight), contend that he won via positional control and aggression.

Motox

Awards
  • Established
if you want to gain weight you will have to cut down your trainning a lot and eat just like everyone else said. why dont you just fight in the 145lb division. what does your lifting routine consist of and how many times per week do you lift

lightemup

lightemup

Awards
  • Established
nice to have you here man. i know bb.com forums=joke for the most part.

sp447

sp447

Awards
  • Established
if you want to gain weight you will have to cut down your trainning a lot and eat just like everyone else said. why dont you just fight in the 145lb division. what does your lifting routine consist of and how many times per week do you lift
I lift around 4x per week a lot of exercises are things like

Box Jumps
Pull Ups
Plyo Push Ups
Squats
Deadlifts
Bench Presses
Clean and Presses
Squat and Presses
Rows
Dips

I also incorporate some isometric exercises as well like Curls, Lat Pull Downs, Skull Crushers, Leg Presses, Dumbbell Presses, Upright Rows etc.

I also do a LOT of Core Exercises

Crunches
Sit Ups (incline)
Back Extensions
Tire + Sledgehammer

Motox

Awards
  • Established
looks like a solid program a lot like mine. If you want to put on weight just lift heavy eat and sleep, but you will have to take down your mma training a few notches your joints and tendons will **** the bed if you try and do everything and you will not grow. Also your body will be a an entirly different animal when you change weight( if it is a big change) you will have to settle in to your new body and make it work the same way. How much you looking to gain? I personaly get really bad tendon and joint problems when I lift heavy and box/grapple so I try and periodize my training which is what you should do. Not drop mma completly just try and get more out of shorter sessions.