New Cycle: Deca + Test + Clen

Krayvax

Awards
Hey this would be my first steroid cycle and I’m mostly looking to burn fat and also to keep my strength or build strength. I’m currently about 240lbs and looking to drop to at least 200 and then 180. My friend told me this is a good beginner cycle so I was just wondering what are peoples opinions and is their any other supplements I should take as well that I haven’t listed? I’m also worried about deca dick, is there any way to prevent it? Does it last forever or just for the cycle?

10 week cycle
- 1cc test 2x a week & 1cc deca
- clen 20mcg first week, 40mcg 2nd week & 80mcg 3rd week
- adex .5mg every 3 days
4 week break with only taking 1cc test a week

Other Supplements: CoQ10, Taurine, Fish Oil & Multivitamin

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Imo poor choice of oils for a cut. Deca is good at adding intra muscular water and extra fluid for strength and what not but is pretty useless in a cut. You’d be better off with primo or eq. In a cut you don’t need much oils. I personally would go with test mast and primo if you really wanted a third oil. Also you don’t wanna start a cut with clen. Let your body flush the extra water and the first few pounds. You add clen several weeks in when you need an extra push. I just finished a 15 weeks prep cut and I only added clen and t3 in the 8th week of my cut after reaching 11-12% BF and having visible abs and obliques. Also I don’t see you talk about diet or a coach for a second and that’s a problem because add all the drugs in the world they won’t do **** for fat loss. A constant caloric deficit, lowering calories week after week when needed and cardio will make you lose weight. The drugs are there to help you retain muscle.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Also.. you won’t drop 40 lbs in 10 weeks. If you do it’s in an extremely agressive cycle and you’ll most definitely lose muscle. 40 lbs is something you’ll lose in 16-20 weeks cut. Even on all the drugs in the world and doing 1+ hour of cardio a day. Set yourself realistic goals and please find a coach to help you.

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
You may need to do AYYYLAAWWWT more research, what is your plan for PCT? Deca shuts you down hard and takes weeks to clear your bloodstream so recovery is more complicated than with shorter estered compounds. You've laid your cycle out in cc but what is the mg of each drug? Deca is not something i would take for a cut as it's supposed to cause water retention. All that maybe moot because you would be best served by losing excess weight first before even thinking of running a cycle. I would recommend you not run any cycle but if your determined you should do some research and not listen to your friend because they have given you some bad advice

Krayvax

Awards
Also.. you won’t drop 40 lbs in 10 weeks. If you do it’s in an extremely agressive cycle and you’ll most definitely lose muscle. 40 lbs is something you’ll lose in 16-20 weeks cut. Even on all the drugs in the world and doing 1+ hour of cardio a day. Set yourself realistic goals and please find a coach to help you.
I do eat clean, I eat about 2500cal a day of lean meats (high protein) and low carbs, 2000cal on rest days. I do admit though I don’t know much about nutrition just eating less then my maintenance cal and so far I’ve been loosing like 1lb a day. Where would I find a coach that’s familiar with steroids?

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
And the adex every 3 days, you don't just take it off the bat, a.i's should be reserved for when you are symptomatic of high E, without knowing how much test you're taking no one could say for sure you'd need it

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I do eat clean, I eat about 2500cal a day of lean meats (high protein) and low carbs, 2000cal on rest days. I do admit though I don’t know much about nutrition just eating less then my maintenance cal and so far I’ve been loosing like 1lb a day. Where would I find a coach that’s familiar with steroids?
It’s not about eating clean or not it’s about having your metabolism as primed as possible before a cut (having your caloric maintenance as high as possible) and then starting off at caloric maintenance and slowly lowering it every week when there’s no updates. That’s why you’ll go no where without a coach if you’re going in this not knowing much.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
For a coach If you follow bodybuilding you’ll see plenty of great coach. It’ll cost you around 200-250$ a month though but you’ll have weekly picture check-ins, diet adjusted weekly if / when needed and he’ll also make sure you progress and do the chances necessary when it’s necessary.

Krayvax

Awards
For a coach If you follow bodybuilding you’ll see plenty of great coach. It’ll cost you around 200-250$ a month though but you’ll have weekly picture check-ins, diet adjusted weekly if / when needed and he’ll also make sure you progress and do the chances necessary when it’s necessary.
Yeah I don’t mind paying just haven’t been able to find a coach

Last edited:
Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My strategy would be a little different.

I'd start the AAS conservatively, due to the fatloss initially being relatively easy to achieve. You won't need much drug to conserve muscle IF your diet/training is appropriate.

I'd gradually increase the drugs over the course of the cut as calories drop and cardio goes up.

match

match

Awards
I'm by no means an expert, but the OP hasn't mentioned getting any blood work done yet. I'm guessing that most of the guys here would recommend that and can elaborate more on the importance of getting a baseline established before starting any cycle.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Here's my 2 cents.
Diet down to the body fat percentage you are looking for and then start your cycle. The higher your bf the higher your side effects (typically).

Deca terrible choice for a first cycle regardless of your goals.

Clen save for the end of your cut once your diet has stalled because calories are getting too low.

Test only for your first cycle, or at least start with test and give yourself some time to understand how it treats you. Acne, high blood pressure, water retention, estrogen sides, libido ect. Learn how all those things are effected by test. If you start with test, deca and clen and you start getting gyno, acne, high BP and who knows what, you will have no way of knowing what is causing the problem.

You also can only make so much progress in a given amount of time, so say you take everything and get (x) amount of results, well, you might have been able to get the same result with only 300-400mg of testosterone and nothing else but you will never know and then every cycle after your going to think you need more gear.

Finally about your friend.... He's a moron, no1 with a clue would tell someone who's looking to drop 40+lbs to take test deca and clen. Anyone with a tiny bit of steroid knowledge and your best interest in mind would steer you away from steroids and get you in shape first. Steroids make weight loss harder, not easier and the fat loss effects from steroids are minimal. The fattest I have ever got in my life was on cycle, the leanest I have ever got was off cycle (well on trt) so not completely off but you get the point

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
A lot of good replies here, but I'll insert my quick thoughts.

Don't get too caught up on the numbers. If you're 240 lbs now, you don't know how you'll look at 200 lbs or 190 lbs or 180 lbs. If you really want to go from 240 lbs to 180 lbs and have the same amount of lean mass or more, that is like a year long project.

I'd try to get close to your desired BF level first and then do the cycle. Or do the cycle at the end of your cutting project.

Test only should be enough for first cycle.

Last edited:
Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
You also can only make so much progress in a given amount of time, so say you take everything and get (x) amount of results, well, you might have been able to get the same result with only 300-400mg of testosterone and nothing else but you will never know and then every cycle after your going to think you need more gear
Second this, the changes you can make with just 3-400mg test on your first cycle coupled with solid diet and training are astounding

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
you are losing 1lb a day? i dont think so...

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
you are losing 1lb a day? i dont think so...
He weighs 240 eating 2500 calories or less he could definitely be losing a pound a day, at one point I was loosing 2-3lbs a week on 2500 calories at 190lbs.

But, that is way too big of a deficit if he's loosing weight that fast. I cut from 223 to 181 so that's about the 40lb goal he's looking to loose, I did it over a year tho because I wanted to make sure I'm loosing fat and maintaining or even gaining a little muscle. If your loosing more then 2lbs a week there's a 99% chance you're losing muscle just as fast as you're losing fat. Unless you were morbidly obese

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
He weighs 240 eating 2500 calories or less he could definitely be losing a pound a day, at one point I was loosing 2-3lbs a week on 2500 calories at 190lbs.

But, that is way too big of a deficit if he's loosing weight that fast. I cut from 223 to 181 so that's about the 40lb goal he's looking to loose, I did it over a year tho because I wanted to make sure I'm loosing fat and maintaining or even gaining a little muscle. If your loosing more then 2lbs a week there's a 99% chance you're losing muscle just as fast as you're losing fat. Unless you were morbidly obese
One thing is for sure, starting a diet at 2500 calories is a nightmare and a terrible spot to be at unless you’re 170 lbs. You want to start a cut with your metabolism tanked from eating a lot of calories for several weeks/months (for exemple at the end of a bulk where you been eating 5000 calories, your maintenance will be much higher for a couple weeks and you’ll have 2500-3000 calories to play with and lower week after week after reaching low calories. Starting a cut at 2500 calories at 240 lbs means your metabolism is **** at the moment and your storing fat extremely easily.. where’s your room to lower calories? At 12 weeks in your cut you’ll be eating 1000 calories a day eating your muscle away? This is a concept many people don’t understand unfortunately. Before a cut you NEED to prime your metabolism and eat food.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
One thing is for sure, starting a diet at 2500 calories is a nightmare and a terrible spot to be at unless you’re 170 lbs. You want to start a cut with your metabolism tanked from eating a lot of calories for several weeks/months (for exemple at the end of a bulk where you been eating 5000 calories, your maintenance will be much higher for a couple weeks and you’ll have 2500-3000 calories to play with and lower week after week after reaching low calories. Starting a cut at 2500 calories at 240 lbs means your metabolism is **** at the moment and your storing fat extremely easily.. where’s your room to lower calories? At 12 weeks in your cut you’ll be eating 1000 calories a day eating your muscle away? This is a concept many people don’t understand unfortunately. Before a cut you NEED to prime your metabolism and eat food.
Oh for sure, at 195lbs I was eating 3000-3200 maintenance. When I went to 2500 at 190 it wasn't even necessary I could have went slower. I was just trying to jump the gun, if I went back to 2500 right now I'd probably still very slowly be losing weight

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm also a fan of going back and forth from cutting to maintenance/recomp and dragging out the process even longer. Obviously for someone with deadlines or competing that wouldn't work but in my position to where I have unlimited time usually to reach a desired goal I find it works well mentally and physically. That's why it took me a year to drop 40lbs, but my strength didn't start to suffer till recently when calories got under 2500