My favorite quote so far about the debt ceiling bill

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some Democrats were incensed that Medicare was part of the trigger, although the opposition faded a bit as it became clear that the potential cuts would come from health care providers, not cuts in services to patients.
How seriously dense are the Democrats to think that reducing what they reimburse health care providers for servies won't create cuts in service to patients? Less and less doctors accept medicare for payment nowadays. In 2004 less than 4% of doctors didn't take medicare, as of 2009 its somewhere between 15-30% and has been steadily climbing. Cutting back reimbursements by 30% will significantly raise that number. But no, that won't be a cut in services to patients :stupid:

Y

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
My FIL was a physician for 60 years. He was forced into retirement last year. Most of his patients were in Medicare needless to say. His reimbursements kept going down for the last few years. When they did get paid, it was always late or they had to fight to get payed what they were owed. Since he was a cardiologist for many years, he would read ekg's in the evenings for various doctors. Then Medicare told those doctors that they wouldn't pay for the ekg to be read by my FIL since he wasn't "board certified". That came to a very abrupt end and it started to cost home money to be a doctor. He quit last february '10. Guess what, all of the medical service he provided for his patients was affected. It completely stopped. His decline really started with the beginnings of Obamacare being put on the table.

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How seriously dense are the Democrats to think that reducing what they reimburse health care providers for servies won't create cuts in service to patients? Less and less doctors accept medicare for payment nowadays. In 2004 less than 4% of doctors didn't take medicare, as of 2009 its somewhere between 15-30% and has been steadily climbing. Cutting back reimbursements by 30% will significantly raise that number. But no, that won't be a cut in services to patients :stupid:
Medicare is just like every other government program,it is rife with fraud.I have no ideal what reforms Obamacare called for,but medicare and healthcare in general needs to be overhauled,even the Republican`s conceded that.Was Obamacare the answer?Probably not.But at least Obama did get the ball rolling on it.Outside of the fact that most politicians are corrupt,I am not sure that most of them even have the common sense or knowledge it takes to make an economy thrive.
They remind me of CEO`s.They can take a thriving business and run it into the ground in a very short time,yet at the end of the day they still get their compensation no matter how poorly they perform their jobs.