my baby brother got into my ephedra!!!!!!!!!!

12STEP

Awards
  • Established
ok so he is not a baby but my 16 year old brother raided my supps (i told him to grab some hoodia and a bottle of thermo cuts) instead he grabbed some hoodia and a bottle of thermo gen II now it only has 10 mg ephedra in it will he be ok taking it or should i hit him in the head and get my bottle back hes only getting 20 mg ephedra a day and he has already lost 8 lbs (he was 308 now he is 300) it looks like it has psyched him out hes is avoiding all the crap he used to eat and working out like mad what should i do i dont want to get him off track i see the placebo effect working over time here

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
He is obese and this could be a serious health risk. He does not need to be taking things like stimulants in his condition.

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
You mention placebo effect. Your concern should be with the "reliance" effect (is that a word?).
If he thinks he needs it to lose weight, he'll never be able to keep the weight off on his own.

Start w/ empowerment.... too often people turn to products first.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
16 is to young for ephedra. I would be worried about what health riskd it would pose to him.

Get him in the gym with you and let him see results from a positive step. Show him he is strong enough to do it on his own.

Convince him of the rebound effect of rapid weight loss if you have to.

b unit

b unit

Awards
  • Established
300lbs and 16 years old, fuuucksake!!!

ephedra and 16 years old do not go together

what's your parents think of all this???

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
I remember when I first joined the Corps, the biggest dudes that were trying to get in, took ephedra and dropped a ton of weight. Ephedra always seemed to work well for overweight people.

12STEP

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the replys he read them and actually decided to stop taking it on his own he loves to lift weights i just gotta get him doing some cardio and his diet needs to change

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Prepare and eat meals with your brother if you have the time.

bodyfort

Awards
I suggest you follow the rest of us are saying here. However, 300 lb at 16 years old there must be something wrong, try to talk to a doctor and blood test. Lack of hormone, thyroid and testosterone will be the cause of obesity. Check online for sign of those because once you hit puberty to teen a normal chubby child should at least shed a pound not gain. If he is natural strong then gym is for him and maybe looking at a future of bodybuilder. I suggest you should check some sign and go to the doctor for blood test.

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
sweet mother of peral

at 300lbs and only 16 get that boy into shape. the miami dolphins need a o line

12STEP

Awards
  • Established
i was 300 when i was his age. i don't think anything is physicaly wrong with him ,but growing up there was always food. my mom kinda kept her family and my dads family together a month dose not pass without at least one family get together (big family huge supply of food) there was always food at the house lots of junk food i try to explain to him what to eat and when he just cant seem to get it together i have lost 60 lbs and kept it off at one time i was down to 225 now i reside around the 240 mark . as he gets older its getting easier to get him in the gym and he tries harder to eat right i think it will all come together it just a matter of time if i could get my girlfriend on the same page i could be 210 before the summer