My 2020 journey Math33

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
hi guys, i decided to log the final weeks of my cycle which is Trestolone. Thought there could be nice infos coming out of it and I have never used it so figured i would put on paper whatever happens! Didnt write Trestolone LOG or whatever as a Thread name because i didnt want it to pop up on google if people researched trestolone. This might very well end up being a longer journal about my future goals of competing.

Some know me on a more personal level than others so heres a little update on how i started all of this and what are my potential goals. January 2019 I started <TRT> at 29 years old as my levels were low and my life pretty rough to manage. i had stopped working out for a year or so. I had no steroids history except a couple prohormones when i was 19-20 years old. started TRT at around 165-170 lbs 10-11%. close to two years later and 4 cycles later i sit actually at 214-215 ish 14.7% per dexa scan but lets say 15%. Im actually followed by a coach, a naturopath and a doctor is allowing me bloods which is a blessing in canada.

My current cycle which ends in 4-5 weeks is the following :
phase 1 :
Week 1-7 300 Test , 600 NPP , anadrol 25-50 MG
4 weeks OFF ( 250 mg Test )
phase 2 :
Week 1-7 Test 275 tren hex 275 EQ 500
week 7 (drop TREN)
week 7-11 Test 500 EQ 800
week 11-15 TEST 500 EQ 800(might lower) TREST 25mg ED up to 40mg ED depending.
last week : take out TREST , ride out last week with the rest.

Back to cruise for 3 months, Protocol by naturopath for health markers, work on bloodworks, plan out the following.

The current goal with trest is to break thru the weight plateau one usually get by the end of cycle. im not necessarly worried about adding a bit of fat but ill try and limit it to another 1% of BF or so. its usually extremely easy for me to go back to 10%. Goal is to compete in 2022 or 2021 if the size for it is there. if the size does not get to my liking ill be happy with whatever i achieved with my physique and simply wont compete. So thats it for now guys! im going to tag everyone that posted in my other thread @Renew1 @Whisky @enhanced @Iwilleattuna @CroLifter @Afi140 @Beau @Alchemist11 @manifesto @Rad83 @BBiceps @saderboy80 @UNX @Rebuild

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
first injection was this morning, 25MG with a slin pin in the shoulders. this is most likely how im going to do it ED. thanks to @xR1pp3Rx for his advice about serms and AI, along with @Matthersby I will start with only an AI, and adapt day by day.

Iwilleattuna

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks for tagging me my friend. Cycle looks intense, but definitely going to make some insane gains . I'm assuming your profile pic is your starting point? Great point to be at if so

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I really like how you're rotating compounds too
Yeah i don’t necessarily suggest anyone to do cycles that long and everything but I really believe shorter ester / rotating compounds is the way to go.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
In! 1st time to see a log like this from you.

This might very well end up being a longer journal about my future goals of competing.
]
That is actually what i was hoping for. As far as i remember, you plan on competing somewhere in late 2021? Classic physique right?

Just out of interest, where do you think you need to be to step on stage, bodyweight and bodyfat wise?

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
In! 1st time to see a log like this from you.

That is actually what i was hoping for. As far as i remember, you plan on competing somewhere in late 2021? Classic physique right?

Just out of interest, where do you think you need to be to step on stage, bodyweight and bodyfat wise?
2021 or 2022 bro. The thing is I could do pretty well in men’s physique right now but my structure fits better classic. The thing is I do not want to go classic and look small. Ideally I would want to start competing around 210 lbs on stage(5-6-7%) and keep being heavier each competition.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Im in. Looking forward to following your journey! I am actually running 60 mg transdermal trest from PRE for the first time right now and loving it! I am sure you will love Trest too!

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So here’s a few pictures that were taken within the last 10 days. The belly picture is just to show where I stand compared to when I started this bulk at 10.9% bf (dexa scan). I decided to up calories with the addition of trest. My weight didn’t move the past 7-8 days and at nights obviously there’s that mental game where I feel fat because of bloat but I realise in the morning I’m still decently lean for a bulk. I’ve been eating 4000 calories which I upped 4 weeks ago and I’m going to up it again as of today.

Attachments

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
So my mean focus at the moment is growing legs. My workout plan that my coach adjusted for 6 weeks is all around thickness, upper back rear delt and this "3D thickness look" as well as legs.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Im in. Looking forward to following your journey! I am actually running 60 mg transdermal trest from PRE for the first time right now and loving it! I am sure you will love Trest too!
How are you liking it bro? How long have you been on? Sorry for no tagging you by the way, very hard to remember all the names.. I can barely remember my girlfriends name

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Legs are looking good.

also your delts are overpowering your arms, that is also the case with me. Delts seem to grow by themselves and arms lag even with direct training.

UNX

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Thank you, I know I'll use trest ace in the future, good luck!

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Legs are looking good.

also your delts are overpowering your arms, that is also the case with me. Delts seem to grow by themselves and arms lag even with direct training.
Yeah my delta are a very strong points but I actually focused on them for almost a year to get to this point. I really believe you can’t train equally everything so each 8 of so weeks of training you need to focus on 2 parts and put more emphasis on it. (Obviously train hard the rest too). So right now biceps, upper back and legs is my focus

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
What’s you p, c and f in those 4000 calories?

manifesto

manifesto

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
Thanks for the invite buddy...ill be following

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Cool, I always want to add more carbs but I’m scared of carbs, lol
I’m upping to 600 carbs now. Idk where you’re at right now cutting or trying to gain muscle but seriously carbs is everything man. Even more so the way you play with it

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m upping to 600 carbs now. Idk where you’re at right now cutting or trying to gain muscle but seriously carbs is everything man. Even more so the way you play with it
I’m eating 290-300p, 220-230c and 95-100f, it comes out to 2900-3000 cals and keep me fairly lean at a steady 230lb. I try to add carbs here and there but it just makes bloated, idk, my body never agreed with high carbs. I’m surprised to see others eating so much carbs and still looking lean, it’s unfair, lol.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’m eating 290-300p, 220-230c and 95-100f, it comes out to 2900-3000 cals and keep me fairly lean at a steady 230lb. I try to add carbs here and there but it just makes bloated, idk, my body never agreed with high carbs. I’m surprised to see others eating so much carbs and still looking lean, it’s unfair, lol.
Well I’m certainly not as lean as I was when I started but learning which carbs fits with you is the most important thing. Also people are often not aware that eating a lot of carbs will often result in inflammation and bloat. To avoid that you got to limit yourself to a few carbs and only take those ones. Also digestive enzymes supplements with every single meal is extremely beneficial if not needed. With all that said it’s true some people just don’t deal super well with carbs but I’m sure if you narrow which carbs you choose(ideally the ones that are easily processed) and take the good supps it should help you.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well I’m certainly not as lean as I was when I started but learning which carbs fits with you is the most important thing. Also people are often not aware that eating a lot of carbs will often result in inflammation and bloat. To avoid that you got to limit yourself to a few carbs and only take those ones. Also digestive enzymes supplements with every single meal is extremely beneficial if not needed. With all that said it’s true some people just don’t deal super well with carbs but I’m sure if you narrow which carbs you choose(ideally the ones that are easily processed) and take the good supps it should help you.
What carb sources do you prefer, and what kind of enzyme product do you use?

I really do well with jasmine rice.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
How are you liking it bro? How long have you been on? Sorry for no tagging you by the way, very hard to remember all the names.. I can barely remember my girlfriends name
No problem about the no tag! I am loving it! Unlike you I am using it on a cut. Lost 1.5 percent body fat this week (take that with a grain of salt as that is using a bio impedance measurement). The first week I was on it actually went up several pounds due to glycogen retention.Eating less than 2000 calories a day and still hitting PRs daily. No sides to report like water retention except I had night sweats initially if I dosed it to close to bed time. Now I take it earlier in the day and barely sweat at all. Here is my log if you want to follow along. I at week 4.5 of am 8 week run.
https://anabolicminds.com/community/threads/epistane-transdermal-trest-ace-cycle.318236/#post-6410353
Good luck with your log!

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Milos sarcev gives some great intra workout carb advice in this podcast bro. Obviously I suspect his lifters and he were juicing but the dude was top level and is credible AF.

i was very much in the ‘meal/ macro timing doesn’t matter camp but after listening to this I do believe intra work out carb and eaa’s can have a big benefit.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
What carb sources do you prefer, and what kind of enzyme product do you use?

I really do well with jasmine rice.
Mostly always white rice jasmine or basmati. My other carb of choice is sweet potatoes. I used to think I could get away with anything and this whole idea of limited carb choice was bullshit and as long as you hit your macros you were good but it does REALLY make a difference. About once or twice a week I’ll have home made burgers with a good quality bread and that’s about it. The only time I eat something different is pre workout / post workout.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Mostly always white rice jasmine or basmati. My other carb of choice is sweet potatoes. I used to think I could get away with anything and this whole idea of limited carb choice was bullshit and as long as you hit your macros you were good but it does REALLY make a difference. About once or twice a week I’ll have home made burgers with a good quality bread and that’s about it. The only time I eat something different is pre workout / post workout.
I doubt it matters to get in decent shape, but if you want to be your best everything matters. The more optimal you can make things the better the result. There is a difference between consuming orange juice and an orange, and mashed potatoes and baked. And you can feel the difference with everything you eat if you pay attention, even if someone isn’t concerned with aesthetics and only performance.

I do not train as well on hostess twinkies as I do on cream of rice and pb of same macros, by a wide margin.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Milos sarcev gives some great intra workout carb advice in this podcast bro. Obviously I suspect his lifters and he were juicing but the dude was top level and is credible AF.

i was very much in the ‘meal/ macro timing doesn’t matter camp but after listening to this I do believe intra work out carb and eaa’s can have a big benefit.

Yeah man i have been taking my protein and creatine with a hefty dose of dextrose pwo so that like 20 minutes later i can feel myself going hypo and i intentionally let myself go borderline hypo and then i eat carbs and protein again.

When i am on mk if i take fast carbs and enough of them i will actually go hypo once i ended up crawling on the floor it was that serious pouring cold sweat couldnt even sit up.

It is my opinion that by using mk and doing this craziness pwo i am kinda simulating at least partially gh/slin combo

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
yeah completely agree......for the likes of us (people on AM).

for joe public just wanting to go from morbidly obese to normal ish weight then it’s not a big deal but when we are trying to be the best we can then optimising everything makes a difference. Milos also talks about the anabolic window in that podcast, he claims that whilst it is true the window does indeed last many hours more than originally thought it’s at its most optimal in the 30 mins post training and therefore from an optimisation standpoint the long held believe of banging down a shake straight after training is the best way to go.

works and optimal often get muddied these days

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Third pin this morning. +1 lbs on the scale this morning but I also upped my cals a little so not particularly surprised. Going to work, workout at 5hpm and will report tonight probably about my types of workouts, my natural supps and the ones my naturopath has me take year round.

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the tag man this looks awesome!

1 question why are you fluctuating you’re test levels all the time? Why not keep them the same while running orals

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the tag man this looks awesome!

1 question why are you fluctuating you’re test levels all the time? Why not keep them the same while running orals
The 275 and 300 is a typo it was the same the whole first part of cycle! I upped test when I dropped tren because one of the most efficient way to keep growing thru long cycles is to switch short ester drugs / play with dosages. From my POV at least. When I dropped tren, if I stayed at the same amount of test and EQ there was no way I would’ve kept growing.

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The 275 and 300 is a typo it was the same the whole first part of cycle! I upped test when I dropped tren because one of the most efficient way to keep growing thru long cycles is to switch short ester drugs / play with dosages. From my POV at least. When I dropped tren, if I stayed at the same amount of test and EQ there was no way I would’ve kept growing.
Oh that makes a lot more sense now! Definitely agree with the cycle you laid out.

Should put in some good mass!

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Update end of day 4 : nothing much to report yet. 1.2 lbs up so far. Im not the type to get enhanced libido on cycle anymore due to the fact that im always on 200-250mg of test but i definitely felt a little libido boost so far. I do feel more full already which is weird, overal pumps during the whole day improved a little too.

My coach has me on 2 days off a week which ive been doing for the past 3 weeks but today i felt very well and refreshed so decided to hit the gym even tho its normally an off day. I hit legs :

5-10 mins warm up (walk at a certain pace)
A- Standing leg curls : warm up set Then 5x6 (2 second up 4 seconds down)
B- Lying leg curls 5x8 pointed feet 5x8 (1 up 3 down)
C- leg press : warm up set 360 lbs x15 , 450x15 , 540x12 ,630x10, 630x10 Here im focusing on quality reps and im not pushing the reps super fast, im trying to have a certain TUT.
D- hack squat machine : 3x8 (270lbs) 2 seconds down 4 seconds up.
E- burn out leg extension fairly light weight 2x20 (if weight is properly set failure is supposed to be right next door at 15, 3-4 seconds break and pump up 5-8 more.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I hate rest pause extensions...they just hurt for real!
Haha I knew you’d know those :) this specific one isn’t too terrible compared to some that are like go pause go pause for several time until complete failure... **** it’s annoyingly brutal

saderboy80

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Update end of day 4 : nothing much to report yet. 1.2 lbs up so far. Im not the type to get enhanced libido on cycle anymore due to the fact that im always on 200-250mg of test but i definitely felt a little libido boost so far. I do feel more full already which is weird, overal pumps during the whole day improved a little too.

My coach has me on 2 days off a week which ive been doing for the past 3 weeks but today i felt very well and refreshed so decided to hit the gym even tho its normally an off day. I hit legs :

5-10 mins warm up (walk at a certain pace)
A- Standing leg curls : warm up set Then 5x6 (2 second up 4 seconds down)
B- Lying leg curls 5x8 pointed feet 5x8 (1 up 3 down)
C- leg press : warm up set 360 lbs x15 , 450x15 , 540x12 ,630x10, 630x10 Here im focusing on quality reps and im not pushing the reps super fast, im trying to have a certain TUT.
D- hack squat machine : 3x8 (270lbs) 2 seconds down 4 seconds up.
E- burn out leg extension fairly light weight 2x20 (if weight is properly set failure is supposed to be right next door at 15, 3-4 seconds break and pump up 5-8 more.
I’ve been watching a lot of John Meadow’s videos lately. He basically says that eccentric phase of the movement should be a few seconds (as you are doing with hack squats) but then explode powerfully up after reaching proper depth. His claim is that this explosive movement activates more contraction motor units. AKA: more muscle fibers are activated. His other and related claim is that slow concentric phase will only activate the slow muscle fibers and less overall motor units.

So if you are going for pure hypertrophy, I would would recommend 4sec down, 1/2 - 1sec pause, explode up. That way you activate more motor units and the larger motor units.

If you are training more for pure strength I can see as to why you would lengthen the TUT for the concentric portion of the lift.

But that’s just more 2 cents. Maybe others can chime in?

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’ve been watching a lot of John Meadow’s videos lately. He basically says that eccentric phase of the movement should be a few seconds (as you are doing with hack squats) but then explode powerfully up after reaching proper depth. His claim is that this explosive movement activates more contraction motor units. AKA: more muscle fibers are activated. His other and related claim is that slow concentric phase will only activate the slow muscle fibers and less overall motor units.

So if you are going for pure hypertrophy, I would would recommend 4sec down, 1/2 - 1sec pause, explode up. That way you activate more motor units and the larger motor units.

If you are training more for pure strength I can see as to why you would lengthen the TUT for the concentric portion of the lift.

But that’s just more 2 cents. Maybe others can chime in?
I watch alot of his videos too and i understand his point but to me its more about what was your ways of training before? how heavy or how light? alot of volume or not so much? alot of TuT or not so much and more explosive reps? alot of negatives or no? etc. My coach set this way of training with alot of time up and down not necessarly because its the most optimal way to train to reach hypertrophy and muscle growth but rather because of how my body is used to training and how i was training in the past. basically put me in the most discomfort possible for ME, making these workouts the most horrible they can be for me and my weaknesses which will bring the most muscle growth at that time. we will switch that in 5-6 weeks and keep adapting.

Rad83

Rad83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Nice empty gym, can’t beat that! ...Just left my gym, had the whole place to myself basically, from 9:30-11pm

Juicy lookin delts bro!