AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was using a lacrosse ball on a section of my lower back the other day. I released a trigger point and it felt great. A few hours later, I noticed a lump at the base of my lower back/top of my glute. I can move and it does not hurt. The only discomfort I get is when I am lying directly on it, but the pain is a 2 or 3 on a scale of 10. I went to my chiro to have him check it out. He thinks I was rolling too hard and for too long on that area and that is is just muscle inflammation. I will post a picture later.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced inflammation from an excessively hard massage.

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
Are you sure the lump was not their before you treated the area? I have done some incredibly hard lacrosse ball rolling and grinding and never experiened this. I would say that the lump is an adhesion of sorts that needs lacrosse ball treatment and than certain exercise that will help completely disapate it.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive done trigger point and release work with a lacrosse ball and never had that.

Chiropractor may be correct

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ive done trigger point and release work with a lacrosse ball and never had that.

Chiropractor may be correct
I actually think it is a minor tear, although, there is no pain, just discomfort. It is not bulging out nearly as much nad the discomfort is a lot less, but a bruise formed a day after, under the bulge. I can still squat, deadlift, use my lower back and wear my belt tight. It is very odd. I am going to monitor it for another week or two.