sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah those are the effects im hoping for! Pump and sleep is life (hm, that came out wrong!) Digestion is a big thing for me and a big reason why i love The Vertical Diet for food choices.

If i see the need for more calories to be added my priorities are:
  • Post Workout
  • Pre Workout Meal
  • Meal 5
So that would work perfect with the Glycophase.

So what do you reckon is best? Continue this log or start a new?

Those are all the things i want in life (almost!) so that would be perfect. BUT I will be running both bottles so it will last me longer than 2 weeks (i hope)

I absolutely understand what you mean. Ive always seen GDAs more for nutrient absorption.

I was listening to an episode of the Elite Physique University Podcast with John Gorman and Jason Theobald that was all about nutrient timing. Jason is a big proponent of GDAs himself (he also does sell one) and he even talked about using it post workout. But Ive always read that post workout GDAs are not needed. What is your thought on that?
It's hard to say. You could either start a new one or try to get the title of this one changed. If you start a new one, I would just put a link in here to it. You want to keep the people following that you have but by putting Anabolic Effect in the name when you start you would probably also attract other viewers + it would be really appreciated so many people could see your thoughts on the product.

I see the value of GDA's being for nutrient absorption as well. That was the original intention and then somewhere along the line people started viewing them more for blood sugar control. I view the purpose of a GDA as harnessing the anabolic and nutrient enhancing effects of insulin.

I think that some people can benefit greatly from post workout GDA's. I think it doesn't make sense in the eyes of the blood sugar crowd, but if you look at it from the other perspective we were discussing, its fairly common for bodybuilders to use insulin post workout so it would make sense how GDA's could be useful there as well. Something I plan on playing around with is rather than using 2 caps GlycoPhase twice per day, I plan on trying out using 2 caps once per day and then 1 cap twice per day and post workout will probably be one of those dosages.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's hard to say. You could either start a new one or try to get the title of this one changed. If you start a new one, I would just put a link in here to it. You want to keep the people following that you have but by putting Anabolic Effect in the name when you start you would probably also attract other viewers + it would be really appreciated so many people could see your thoughts on the product.

I see the value of GDA's being for nutrient absorption as well. That was the original intention and then somewhere along the line people started viewing them more for blood sugar control. I view the purpose of a GDA as harnessing the anabolic and nutrient enhancing effects of insulin.

I think that some people can benefit greatly from post workout GDA's. I think it doesn't make sense in the eyes of the blood sugar crowd, but if you look at it from the other perspective we were discussing, its fairly common for bodybuilders to use insulin post workout so it would make sense how GDA's could be useful there as well. Something I plan on playing around with is rather than using 2 caps GlycoPhase twice per day, I plan on trying out using 2 caps once per day and then 1 cap twice per day and post workout will probably be one of those dosages.
Yeah i figured out how to change the title of the thread on the phone app! So ill be adding Anabolic Effet to the title as soon as i start my run with it.

What im thinking with regards to nutrient absorption is that its EXTRA important when trying to run a body recomp with the goal of adding muscle without any fat. You want to squeeze as much as you can out of each calorie you eat so that it doesnt spill over to fat! So im very excited to see what a GDA taken everyday can do.

Hope you will share your experiences with the post workout GDA use and your peri-workout nutrition regime. As of now this is how it looks for me:

5:25am: 2 Caps GlycoPhase

5:40am- Pre Workout meal:
581 Calories
52g Protein
63g Carbohydrates
12g Fat

6:40am- Pre Workout Supplements:
1 Scoop Prolific
1 Scoop Super Swole OR 2 Scoop High Volume OR 4 Caps VasoForce XT
1/4 Teaspoon Salt

7:10am- Intra Workout:
40g HBCD
10g EAA with electrolytes

9:15am - Post Workout (Eaten in the locker room)
30g White Rice
10g Honey
1 Scoop Creapure Creatine Monohydrate
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1 Scoop SELECT Snickerdoodle

11:00am - Post Workout meal
500 Calories
41g Protein
46g Carbohydrates
16g Fat

My goal is to replenish glycogen super fast to improve my recovery. I know most people say that its not that important when not doing two a day workouts etc. But I absolutely feel a difference i recovery and performance when nailing down the peri-workout window. Plus I absolutely LOVE to play around with this stuff. Just writing this post puts a smile on my face :D

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah i figured out how to change the title of the thread on the phone app! So ill be adding Anabolic Effet to the title as soon as i start my run with it.

What im thinking with regards to nutrient absorption is that its EXTRA important when trying to run a body recomp with the goal of adding muscle without any fat. You want to squeeze as much as you can out of each calorie you eat so that it doesnt spill over to fat! So im very excited to see what a GDA taken everyday can do.

My goal is to replenish glycogen super fast to improve my recovery. I know most people say that its not that important when not doing two a day workouts etc. But I absolutely feel a difference i recovery and performance when nailing down the peri-workout window. Plus I absolutely LOVE to play around with this stuff. Just writing this post puts a smile on my face :D
I absolutely agree. I feel the same way about nutrient absorption aspect and feel like this is what GDA's are really meant for but it has become an overlooked aspect of them as somewhere along the line many started to see them as just for blood sugar control when the real intention should moreso be for nutrient absorption and their natural anabolic effects.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So now that my X-Factor run is over im sitting with a bunch of GMS and l-carnitine. Since i dont want it to go to waste i figure ill keep taking it. The l-carnitine is easy enough, ill just do 1g 3 times a day with food. But what about the GMS? I figured id just throw a scoop in my intra-workout. It doesnt really dissolve in water but i got a big ass Blender Bottle with the Blender Ball so ill get it down somehow. Does that sound like a good enough plan? Or is there other times taking them would be more beneficial?

Also I added this to my regime this week. My thought was that IF there is any kind of systemic inflammation going on from the Ara then a joint product like this wouldnt be a bad idea (I also take a Curcumin Phytosome product). Ill only run half a serving though, as i already am taking a serving of Collagen in the morning.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I rather do GMS pre and get it over with .. dont want that taste/chunks in my intra ( dont know what your mixing with )

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
GMS always did a number on my stomach so I could never take a high enough dose of it. I like GlycerPump myself though. I use GlycerPump capsules daily and then get additional in my pre-workout. In addition to the benefits with pumps, it helps me with hydration. Long story but I have a medical issue that causes me to stay dehydrated a lot and GlycerPump has been great for it.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I rather do GMS pre and get it over with .. dont want that taste/chunks in my intra ( dont know what your mixing with )
I plan on mixing it with 40g HBCD, 10g EAA + Electrolytes and 1,2l of water. I’ll give it a shot and see how it turns out! Unless you are telling me that taking it pre is more beneficial, then I will of course do that!

GMS always did a number on my stomach so I could never take a high enough dose of it. I like GlycerPump myself though. I use GlycerPump capsules daily and then get additional in my pre-workout. In addition to the benefits with pumps, it helps me with hydration. Long story but I have a medical issue that causes me to stay dehydrated a lot and GlycerPump has been great for it.
Sorry to hear about your medical issue. Glad to hear you found benefits in one of your own supplements!

I haven’t had any issues myself and I’ve done the 7g post warm up protocol during the Ara run. But I still got 200g left and I don’t waste supplements! So I’ll give the intra a try and see if it does anything. Unless like I said, there is data that supports pre as a better alternative!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So now that my X-Factor run is over im sitting with a bunch of GMS and l-carnitine. Since i dont want it to go to waste i figure ill keep taking it. The l-carnitine is easy enough, ill just do 1g 3 times a day with food. But what about the GMS? I figured id just throw a scoop in my intra-workout. It doesnt really dissolve in water but i got a big ass Blender Bottle with the Blender Ball so ill get it down somehow. Does that sound like a good enough plan? Or is there other times taking them would be more beneficial?

Also I added this to my regime this week. My thought was that IF there is any kind of systemic inflammation going on from the Ara then a joint product like this wouldnt be a bad idea (I also take a Curcumin Phytosome product). Ill only run half a serving though, as i already am taking a serving of Collagen in the morning.

View attachment 190636
I would take the GMS all pre-workout as it will give you some nice pumps... I don't really see any use for it intra

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I plan on mixing it with 40g HBCD, 10g EAA + Electrolytes and 1,2l of water. I’ll give it a shot and see how it turns out! Unless you are telling me that taking it pre is more beneficial, then I will of course do that!

Sorry to hear about your medical issue. Glad to hear you found benefits in one of your own supplements!

I haven’t had any issues myself and I’ve done the 7g post warm up protocol during the Ara run. But I still got 200g left and I don’t waste supplements! So I’ll give the intra a try and see if it does anything. Unless like I said, there is data that supports pre as a better alternative!
That was actually one of the reasons we finally made one. We had had requests for GlycerPump capsules for awhile but never moved forward on it so when I started using it as a constant that made the decision easier to make one.

I don't like to waste things either. I've heard of it being used more pre than intra but I don't see where intra would be a bad thing.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah i prefer pre workout myself - I am also doing SNS glycerpump and love it pre

i have taken GMS pre long time ago .. i believe it was by CL back in the day and i liked it pre workout.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I would take the GMS all pre-workout as it will give you some nice pumps... I don't really see any use for it intra
I was thinking that maybe it could help shuttle the carbs and EAAs and also help with cell hydration and swelling when taken intra. The guys over at Elite Physique University Podcast mentioned something like that regarding taking Creatine intra. I’ve never used Creatine intra either, so maybe something I’ll try

That was actually one of the reasons we finally made one. We had had requests for GlycerPump capsules for awhile but never moved forward on it so when I started using it as a constant that made the decision easier to make one.

I don't like to waste things either. I've heard of it being used more pre than intra but I don't see where intra would be a bad thing.
I’ll give GlycerPump a look the next time I order from Powermyself. They seem to be the ones who are best at stocking your products.

But it’s probably not needed now when I take my GlycoPhase for me pre workout meal as well. There has to be diminished returns eventually, or else I’d probably get such a pump I’d explode haha.

Speaking of, I might do that tomorrow. Cuz when I came home tonight my fiancé had baked a chocolate cake... and I can’t say now to her baked goods. So I had a serious slice with my last meal of the day. Of course I had my GlycoPhase before they meal and I started to get a serious pump just now when brushing my teeth! So tomorrow morning when I hit shoulders and arm i expect something crazy!

Yeah i prefer pre workout myself - I am also doing SNS glycerpump and love it pre

i have taken GMS pre long time ago .. i believe it was by CL back in the day and i liked it pre workout.
Yeah seems like pre is the way most people recommend! Maybe I’ll try a little bit of both and see which I like the best! Appreciate all the feedback!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I was thinking that maybe it could help shuttle the carbs and EAAs and also help with cell hydration and swelling when taken intra. The guys over at Elite Physique University Podcast mentioned something like that regarding taking Creatine intra. I’ve never used Creatine intra either, so maybe something I’ll try

I’ll give GlycerPump a look the next time I order from Powermyself. They seem to be the ones who are best at stocking your products.

But it’s probably not needed now when I take my GlycoPhase for me pre workout meal as well. There has to be diminished returns eventually, or else I’d probably get such a pump I’d explode haha.

Speaking of, I might do that tomorrow. Cuz when I came home tonight my fiancé had baked a chocolate cake... and I can’t say now to her baked goods. So I had a serious slice with my last meal of the day. Of course I had my GlycoPhase before they meal and I started to get a serious pump just now when brushing my teeth! So tomorrow morning when I hit shoulders and arm i expect something crazy!

Yeah seems like pre is the way most people recommend! Maybe I’ll try a little bit of both and see which I like the best! Appreciate all the feedback!
You definitely wouldn't need the GlycerPump capsules now because you're getting some in Super Swole &/or VasoForce XT anyway.

Powermyself usually keeps a decent selection and brings things in pretty quick. I wish we had more retailers in the UK/EU.

That's awesome to hear about the getting a pump brushing your teeth after chocolate cake. We need to turn that into an advertising sales pitch for the general public haha.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You would be fine taking the GMS intra. As mentioned you are already getting some Glycerol via Super Swole/Vasforce pre-workout anyways.

I like getting some Glycerol during training, it seems to help with keeping me hydrated and keeps performance up during my sessions. Hydration can be a challenge for me with how hard/long sessions can get and how much I sweat and find it is beneficial in this scenario for me.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You definitely wouldn't need the GlycerPump capsules now because you're getting some in Super Swole &/or VasoForce XT anyway.

Powermyself usually keeps a decent selection and brings things in pretty quick. I wish we had more retailers in the UK/EU.

That's awesome to hear about the getting a pump brushing your teeth after chocolate cake. We need to turn that into an advertising sales pitch for the general public haha.
Now that Brexit actually is going thru i hope more retailers on the mainland will start carrying SNS/CEL so we can still get it here in Sweden. But there also is the fact that we have some ass backwards laws hit the last couple of years that makes it harder than it should. Agmatine for instance is a "novel food" here, which basically means its banned in the whole of the European Union. Some stores dont care and keep selling it of course.

Haha well it was an awesome chocolate cake!

You would be fine taking the GMS intra. As mentioned you are already getting some Glycerol via Super Swole/Vasforce pre-workout anyways.

I like getting some Glycerol during training, it seems to help with keeping me hydrated and keeps performance up during my sessions. Hydration can be a challenge for me with how hard/long sessions can get and how much I sweat and find it is beneficial in this scenario for me.
I tried it intra today (with Prolific and Vasoforce XT as my pre) and holy crap, the pump dude, the pump. I also felt great afterwards so i can see that the hydration aspect will be beneficial!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
That's cool to hear how well it worked intra... I honestly haven't ever even considered it since I usually don't have hydration issues (more like I practically leak all the water I drink ha) and assumed the pumps would be better if taken pre... I think I have some laying around and might need to give that a whirl now! Thanks for guinea pigging that!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
X-Factor Review

Background
41 Years old
Lifted weights for 25 years
Tracked my food and training since 1999
Natural

Ara is one of the most beloved supplements on this site for solid natural gains. As a life time natty i had never tried it and was in the mood to try something new. I was about 1 month into a recomp and figured that with my strict adherence to diet and training adding this could help my recomp.

Basics
8 week run
6 caps on workout days (6 days a week)
Taken post warm up with 7g GMS and 2g l-carnitine
Recomping after a cut with the goal to add muscle without fat
Calories in a slight surplus
Caloric intake unchanged during run

Experience
I could not tell any difference from taking X-Factor and not taking X-Factor. I never got the crippling DOMS ive read about and I never got any joint pains. But I also never felt the extra pump the product supposedly gives, nor did I get any strength increase that I cant attribute to solid programming and diet. Those of you who have followed my log know how serious I take my training, food and rest.

Results
I log everything i do, everything so all small changes are all documented and will give a good picture of what been happening.
Now, every morning i step on my FitBit Aria scale which measures my weight and body fat thru bioelectrical impedance. THIS IS NOT AN ACCURATE WAY OF GETTING A BODY FAT READING! But hopefully it can be used to show changes.

Weight: 80kg to 81,2kg
Body Fat: 8,9% to 9,2%
Lean Body Mass: 72,9kg to 73,7kg
Fat: 7,1kg to 7,4kg

So on the surface this seems like INCREDIBLE results. Holy ****, 0,8kg lean mass gains in 8 weeks. I love the numbers as well, but remember they are taken in a very basic way. When it comes to visual changes they are minimal. Im still lean and i feel great so I dont mind the extra weight!

These pictures are taken with 5 weeks between them. Taken at different bathrooms (lol) so angle is a bit off, but as you can see its mostly unchanged. Personally i believe that any muscle gain i potentially gained would have to be in my legs. I had 2 years with heel tendon and achilles inflammation so my leg training suffered during that time. But now im back to 100% so i can push a bit more weight there which can be a reason for the perceived muscle gain.

Conclusion
From my experience and looking at the results, maybe X-Factor made my recomp a little bit better? Honestly I really cant tell. Ive been off Ara for 5 days now and my workouts feel the same, recovery the same, DOMS the same. I will be interested to see how i feel 2-4 weeks after the run. When you have been training for as long as i have, every GRAM of muscle gain is incredible and 0,8kg seems like a dream.

Future
I have more fun in the pipeline!
First i will do 2 weeks with unchanged calories. If the weight remains the same or drops, i will add 100-200 calories and run that for 2 weeks. THEN its time for a 12 week run of Anabolic Effect from CEL! Really looking forward to that and I will keep my log running for that as well.​

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Great detail and review... while it looks like results were minimal, 0.8kg really is significant when you consider that it would be spread over many muscles, making that much more reasonable to not "look" all that dramatic.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Great detail and review... while it looks like results were minimal, 0.8kg really is significant when you consider that it would be spread over many muscles, making that much more reasonable to not "look" all that dramatic.
Yeah don’t get me wrong IF 0,8kg was correct I would be over the moon. That’s more than I expect to gain in a year at this stage. But I think it’s mostly glycogen and water hehe.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Weekly Rapport 03.February - 09.February
No change in body weight first week after x-factor, its going to be interesting if any changes happen next week.

Diet:
Two days with a little bit extra food this week.
Wednesday my fiance had backed a chocolate cake and I NEVER say no when she bakes!
Saturday we had our monthly burger at Bastard Burgers and it was great.

Activity
  • Monday - Rest day (RomWOD at home)
  • Tuesday - Chest, Back and RomWOD
  • Wednesday - Legs and RomWOD
  • Thursday - Shoulders, Triceps, Biceps and RomWOD
  • Friday - Core and RomWOD
  • Saturday - Chest, Back, Biceps, Triceps and RomWOD
  • Sunday - Core, Legs and RomWOD
No cardio as usual, i just do 2-4 ten minutes walks after meals each day.

Recovery
Ok sleep this week, gotta try for more next week!

Supplementation
  • GlycoPhase - Have been taking this daily this week. 2 before first meal of the day and 2 before last meal. Maybe noticing a bit more muscle fullness during the day.
Weekly Overview
Great week of workouts this week. Have been getting good pumps and strength feels good.
Ive been working hard on getting rid of a small innflamation/tendonitis in my forearm/biceps. Ive been massaging in come CBD Cream i had on hand twice a day. But really working on with with force for like 5 minutes a time. It seems to be working so hopefully it will let up this week.

Last edited:
TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Workout 12.February 2020

Warm Up:

5 minutes on the AirBike
10 minutes foam rolling, mobility drills and activation exercises

Legs:
Front Squat
Super Set With
Banded Monster Walks
3 minutes rest
60kg x 2 / 20 steps
61,5kg x 2 / 20 steps
63kg x 2 / 20 steps
65kg x 2 / 20 steps
66,5kg x 2 / 20 steps

Barbell Reverse Lunge

Super Set With
Single Leg Hip Extension - Front Foot Elevated
90 seconds rest
30kg x 6 / 6
31,5kg x 6 / 6
34kg x 6 / 6

3 Way DB Lunge

Super Set With
Hip Lift To Hamstring Curl
90 seconds rest
12kg x 3 / 6
12kg x 3 / 6
12kg x 3 / 6

Leg Press (5010 Tempo)
Giant Set With
Lying Hamstring Curls (5010 Tempo)
Giant Set With
Leg Extension (5010 Tempo)
90 seconds rest
110kg x 6 / 39kg x 6 / 68kg x 6

Standing Calf Raise
(5010 Tempo)
35kg x 6
45kg x 6
55kg x 6

Mobility:
25 minutes RomWOD

Leg workouts are going incredible well these days. Its such a blessing to be able to train without pain! Im being careful but I have no doubt that any muscle growth im getting now is because i can train legs a bit harder!

Got a new phone so had to try out the camera, maybe it ads 10 pounds like they say. But to me it looks like its all muscle :D

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Very nice detailed final review ..interesting to see if you keep the strength gains from ara in 1-2 weeks down the road

i usually jump/bridge on another supplement last week and continue going.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Very nice detailed final review ..interesting to see if you keep the strength gains from ara in 1-2 weeks down the road

i usually jump/bridge on another supplement last week and continue going.
Yeah like I mentioned the strength gains were nothing I can’t attribute to solid programming and strict adherence to diet and sleep. So I don’t really see much happening there.

I didn’t want to jump straight into another supplement right away as my primary focus is to recomp as efficiently as possible. So I wanted to see if there was room for some more calories. So far it seems like I in fact will be adding another 100 calories from carbs next week. Then run that for 2 weeks and THEN it’s Anabolic Effect time!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Weekly Rapport 10.February - 16.February

Body Composition:

So this was 6 weeks in a row without any change in body weight. Time to add some calories!

From this week on I will also take weekly body measurements every Sunday morning for even more accurate tracking.

Neck: 31 cm
Shoulders: 121 cm
Chest: 102 cm
Biceps: 38 cm
Forearm: 30 cm
Waist: 79 cm
Hips: 85 cm
Glutes: 93 cm
Thigh: 56 cm
Calf: 36 cm

Diet:
No extra food this week.

Activity

Had a few days where i spent a bunch of extra calories because i had a lot to do at work!

Recovery
Week weak of sleep! Gotta up my game there.

Supplementation
  • GlycoPhase - Week 2 of taking this daily. Dont really notice much from it, but i didnt expect to. I just want to make sure i do everything i can to push nutrients where i want them.
Weekly Overview
So now its been 2 weeks since i stopped X-Factor and nothing has changed with my strength, weight or body composition. So im leaning towards the fact that i didnt get much of anything from X-Factor. But I never expected much to be honest so its on par with my expectations haha. You could also say that X-Factor gave me permanent gains and thats why nothing has changed! I guess it depends on the perspective haha.

So this was week 6 without any change in body weight, which means I will be adding calories to this upcoming week. it wont be anything crazy, my plan is 100 calories from carbs. Ill make a more detailed post about it tomorrow!

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Off a supplement and keeping all the strength & weight .. id be happy with that lol

Glycophase or any GDA - Yea it would be hard to tell, i usually guage it by not being bloated and like to you said should be able to tell if food is being utilized properly

Or can dose it pre and you should be some improvements in workouts

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Off a supplement and keeping all the strength & weight .. id be happy with that lol

Glycophase or any GDA - Yea it would be hard to tell, i usually guage it by not being bloated and like to you said should be able to tell if food is being utilized properly

Or can dose it pre and you should be some improvements in workouts
Yeah i see your point. But from where im standing the results i had during the X-Factor run didnt come from the supplement but from the work i myself put down. I didnt see anything that i dont usually see during 8 weeks of training with strict adherence to training, diet and sleep. So when nothing changes from "ON" and "OFF" to me it says that the effects i was looking for just wasnt there. But i love trying new stuff out so im having a blast either way!

I do take GlycoPhase in me pre workout meal (which also is my first meal of the day). So any pre workout benefits there is, Im getting for sure!

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Got cha i see what you mean

i love Xfactor/Xgels .. but yeah its not for some pple .. but those who react well to it, i know swear by the stuff.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Workout 18.February 2020

Warm Up:

5 minutes on the AirBike

Incline Bench Press MAX test
3 minutes rest
40kg x 8
48kg x 5
56kg x 3
65kg x 2
74kg x 2
78kg x 1
82,5kg x 1
85kg x 1 - MAX

Pull Up - Neutral Grip
Super Set With
Dumbbell Bench Press
90 seconds rest
15kg x 3 / 34kg x 5
15kg x 3 / 34kg x 4
20kg x 2 / 34kg x 4
20kg x 2 / 34kg x 4

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press (30X0 Tempo)
Super Set With
Wide Grip Lat Pulldown (30X0 Tempo)
90 seconds rest
28kg x 6 / 38,5kg x 6
28kg x 6 / 38,5kg x 6
28kg x 6 / 38,5kg x 6

Dips (3010 Tempo)
Giant Set With
Chest Supported Row (3010 Tempo)
Giant Set With
Incline Rotating Fly (3010 Tempo)
Giant Set With
Face Pulls
90 seconds rest
15kg x 6 / 40kg x 6 / 9kg x 6 / 24,5kg x 6

Mobility:
25 minutes RomWOD

So this week is max week for Incline Bench Press, Front Squat and Overhead Press.

Like ive mentioned for a while now my pressing strength seems to have taken a hit when i dieted down. So today on the Incline Bench i hit 85kg which is 2kgs under my personal best. But the lift was pretty clean as you can see, and if i had a spotter i probably would have tried for 88kgs. But no matter, now i have something to work towards!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Workout 19.February 2020

Warm Up:

5 minutes on the AirBike

Front Squat MAX test
3 minutes rest
31 kg x 8
38,5 kg x 5
45,5 kg x 3
52,5 kg x 2
59,5 kg x 2
63 kg x 1
66,5 kg x 1
72,5 kg x 1
80 kg x 1 - NEW MAX

Barbell Reverse Lunge
Super Set With
Single Leg Hip Extension - Front Foot Elevated
90 seconds rest
32 kg x 4 / 0 kg x 6
34 kg x 4 / 0 kg x 6
36 kg x 4 / 0 kg x 6

3 Way Dumbbell Lunge
Super Set With
Hip Lift to Hamstring Curl
90 seconds rest
16 kg x 3 / 0 kg x 6
16 kg x 3 / 0 kg x 6
16 kg x 3 / 0 kg x 6

Leg Press (3010 Tempo)
Giant Set With
Lying Leg Curls (3010 Tempo)
Giant Set With
Lex Extension (3010 Tempo)
90 seconds rest
120 kg x 6 / 42 kg x 6 / 35 kg x 6

Mobility:
25 minutes RomWOD

So today was front squat max day. So the last 2 years ive been having some major issues with first my heel tendon and then achilles tendon. So my lower body training has mostly consisted of machines and exercises that put no strain on my feet. Which meant a strong decline in strength, but i compensated by working REALLY hard on my mobility. So now that im back to 100% my ROM is greatly increased on lower body exercises. Which means basically im rebuilding my strength from the bottom (quite literally).

My previous 1RM on front squat was 70kg, so I aimed for 72,5kg today. But that lift went so smooth i increased to 80kg, which also went smooth. But not really knowing how much my feet can handle yet i decided to play it safe and stop there. But im REALLY happy with how it went.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
So today Powermyself threw up a question in their IG story and I jumped right on it!

View attachment 191230

They seemed to like the idea!
I know that would make a lot of our EU guys happy! Strong has solid (price and speed) international shipping but a lot of guys hate ordering from overseas so I totally get this... and if the stacks are priced well, its a no brainer

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I know that would make a lot of our EU guys happy! Strong has solid (price and speed) international shipping but a lot of guys hate ordering from overseas so I totally get this... and if the stacks are priced well, its a no brainer
Yeah ive never had any luck with any overseas orders delivered to me in Sweden. None have ever even arrived, they just get sent back without any reason. So ive given up on that. Hopefully they will put up some good stacks!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks, we appreciate that. I like working with Powermyself and would love to work with them closer and get them offering more stacks and better deals on items. Things like that really help and are very much appreciated.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks, we appreciate that. I like working with Powermyself and would love to work with them closer and get them offering more stacks and better deals on items. Things like that really help and are very much appreciated.
Its not that i dont think you products are worth the asing price, but you know how it is. Save a buck, earn a buck!
Hopefully they will make some sweet deals. Id love a Focus XT/Vasoforce XT stack!

EDIT: So far they've made a CEL Cycle & PCT Stack. Great stack, but for a natty like me nothing ill be needing :D

Last edited:
TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Workout 21.February 2020

Warm Up:

5 minutes on the AirBike

Calves
Leg Press Calf Raise
2 minutes rest
0 kg x 20
20 kg x 20
40 kg x 15
60 kg x 12
80 kg x 10

Smith Machine Donkey Calf Raise(Occlusion)
25 kg x 30/15/15/15

Core
Cable Rotations - High To Low
Giant Set With
Cable Rotations - Low To High
Giant Set With
V-Ups
No rest
12,5kg x 10 / 10kg x 10 / 20

Weighted Plank
Giant Set With
GHR Sit Up
Giant Set With
Bicycle Crunches
No rest
25kg x 60s / 10 / 15
25kg x 60s / 10 / 15
25kg x 60s / 10 / 15

Mobility:
45 minutes RomWOD

I try to hit my calves every other day just now, to see if i cant get them to grow back to where they were before all the injuries prevented me from training them. But im being VERY careful with the weights and movements. Not going heavy and full range of motion on each rep. So far so good!

So today was supposed to be a core and cardio day, so i threw in calves and skipped the cardio cuz, well, i dont do that :D I keep it simple and do my 10 minutes walks post meals. On these days i also do the weekly Warrior Routine from RomWOD. its a longer stretching sessions with longer holds. Today we hold one pose for 6 minutes so it takes some patience and pain management.

Last edited:
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Its not that i dont think you products are worth the asing price, but you know how it is. Save a buck, earn a buck!
Hopefully they will make some sweet deals. Id love a Focus XT/Vasoforce XT stack!

EDIT: So far they've made a CEL Cycle & PCT Stack. Great stack, but for a natty like me nothing ill be needing :D
I appreciate that. And i know what you mean - we stay out of what retailers price things at but I too wish they would do more stacks or offer better pricing on some things. I would love to see them offer a 2 or 3 bottle Anabolic Effect stack and an M-Test/Anabolic Effect stack. I would love for them to do a Focus XT/VasoForce XT stack too. You should definitely ask them; I think they listen to customers a lot more than it coming from us sometimes.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Weekly Report 17.February - 23.February

Body Composition:
(Weight and body fat measured on a FitBit Aria Scale every morning)
First week on increased calories and as expected no changes in body weight.

Also no change in body measurments

Neck: 37 cm
Shoulders: 121 cm (+-0)
Chest: 102 cm (+-0)
Biceps: 38 cm (+-0)
Forearm: 30 cm (+-0)
Waist: 79 cm (+-0)
Hips: 85 cm (+-0)
Glutes: 93 cm (+-0)
Thigh: 56 cm (+-0)
Calf: 36 cm (+-0)

Diet:
As mentioned this was the first week on 3400 kcal (100 kcal up from previous weeks).
No extra food this week.

Activity (Caloric expenditure measured by my FitBit Blaze that I wear all day and night)

A little less caloric expenditure this week as my sunday was pretty chill and i didnt have as much unpacking to do at work.

Recovery: (Sleep measured with my Fitbit Blaze that I wear all day and night)
Sleep up 45 minutes in average this week, feels good. Still aiming for those magical 8 hours!

Supplementation (Here i comment supplements im trying that arent part of my staple)
  • GlycoPhase - Still taking it for my pre workout meal and pre bed meal.
Weekly Overview
This week i had 1RM testing on Incline Bench Press, Overhead Press and Front Squat. I only improved my Front Squat but that felt really good. My pressing strength have been stalled and felt weak for a while now. Hopefully it will pick back up!

Went from 3300 kcal to 3400 kcal this week in the form of an extra 25g carbs divided pre and post workout. I maybe felt a little more energized during training. But it didnt show on the scale or in the mirror.

Was tempted to start my CEL Anabolic Effect this week (1 week ahead of schedule) but then i saw i had a deload week coming up this week. So I dropped that idea, but next monday its ON!

Last edited:
GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
lol ohh the tempatatons

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Workout 25.February 2020

DELOAD
Warm Up:
5 minutes on the AirBike

Close Grip Bench Press
Super Set With
Face Pulls
2 minutes rest
60 kg x 6 / 21,25 kg x 10
65 kg x 6 / 21,25 kg x 10
70 kg x 6 / 21,25 kg x 10

Pull Up Neutral Grip
Super Set With
Dumbbell Bench Press - Single Arm - Neutral Grip
90 seconds rest
0 kg x 6 / 24 kg x 6
5 kg x 6 / 24 kg x 6
10 kg x 6 / 24 kg x 6

Incline Dumbbell Bench Press
Super Set With
Wide Grip Lat Pulldown
90 seconds rest
26 kg x 6 / 35 kg x 6
26 kg x 6 / 35 kg x 6
26 kg x 6 / 35 kg x 6

Dips
Giant Set With
Chest Supported Row
Giant Set With
Incline Rotating Fly
90 seconds rest
10 kg x 6 / 80 kg x 6 / 8 kg x 6

Mobility:
20 minutes RomWOD

Deload this week so volume and weight is a bit down. Felt good though, got a great pump and muscle/mind connection was strong. A nice thing about deload weeks is that the workouts are a bit shorter, so i have time for 10-20 minutes in the sauna after each workout! Thats pretty nice when its -15 degrees Celsius when you go the the gym in the morning.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
CEL ANABOLIC EFFECT LOG

Finally its time to get this show started. i have 3 bottles so that should last me 12 weeks.
I plan on dividing the 6 capsules in 3 servings.
2 caps with Meal 1 (Pre training)
2 caps with Meal 2 (Post training)
2 caps with meal 5 (Pre bed)

I plan on keeping my diet the same for the 12 week run to really gauge the effect of the supplement.
However I WILL call an audible if I start loosing weight OR if my weight remains the same after 6 weeks.
I am doing a recomp and I am really lean. So I have to see some progress on the scale, no matter how smal.

STARTING STATS

Height: 190 cm
Weight: 81,1 kg
Body Fat: 9% (Using an Aria Fitbit Scale)
Neck: 37 cm
Shoulders: 121 cm
Chest: 102 cm
Biceps: 38 cm
Forearm: 30 cm
Waist: 79 cm
Hips: 85 cm
Glutes: 93 cm
Thigh: 56 cm
Calf: 36 cm

MY DIET

The last couple of years ive been following The Vertical Diet by Stan Efferding and ive never felt better. The diet revolves around getting enough of all the micronutrient thru a solid food selection and having optimal digestion.

05:15am
2 caps GlycoPhase

05:40am - Meal 1
(606 kcal, 53 g Protein, 70 g Carbohydrates, 12 g Fat)
2 slices sourdough bread
2 slices whey cheese
150 g Pineapple
10 g Coco nibs
1 dl Homemade Kefir
1,5 scoop SELECT protein
10 g Hydrolyzed Collagen
1 dl 0,5% Milk
1 cup coffee
Supplements: 2 caps Anabolic Effect, 1 cap L-carnitine, 1 cap D3+K2, 1 cap Curcumin

06:40am - Pre-Workout
1 Scoop Prolific
2 Scoops High Volume
1/4 teaspoon Salt

Intra Workout:
(237 kcal, 11 g Protein, 44 g Carbohydrates, 2 g fat)
40g HBCD
5 g Glycerol Monostearate
1 Scoop Viterna Amino (EAA + electrolytes)

09:15am - Post Workout
(302 kcal, 28 g Protein, 44 g Carbohydrates, 4 g Fat)
40g Basmati Rice
15g Honey
1 scoop SELECT Snickerdoodle
1/4 teaspoon Salt
5g Creatine Monohydrate CreaPure

11:00am - Meal 2
(500 calories, 41 g protein, 46 g carbohydrates, 16 g fat)
50 g Oatmeal
3 eggs
150 g Low fat Quark
50 g Blueberries
50 g Strawberries
Supplements: 2 caps Anabolic Effect

2:00pm - Meal 3
(495 kcal, 38 g Protein, 39 g carbohydrates, 16 g fat)

150 g Ground Beef 95/5
100 g Sweet Potato
100 g Peppers
50 g Spinach
50 g Avocado
50 g Broccoli
50 g Bone Broth
50 g Kimchi
1/2 Carrot
1/2 Orange

3:00pm - Pick me up
(70 kcal, 6 g Protein, 10 g Carbohydrates, 0 g Fat)

1 Scoop Alphamine
1dl Cranberry Juice
1 scoop Collaplex (joint health supplement)
1 scoop Might Greens (Green supplement)

5:00pm - Meal 4
(495 kcal, 38 g Protein, 39 g carbohydrates, 16 g fat)

150 g Ground Beef 95/5
100 g Sweet Potato
100 g Peppers
50 g Spinach
50 g Avocado
50 g Broccoli
50 g Bone Broth
50 g Kimchi
1/2 Carrot
1/2 Orange

7:30pm
2 caps GlycoPhase

8:00pm - Meal 5
(690 kcal, 55 g Protein, 63 g Carbohydrates, 22 g Fat)

2 slices Sourdough Bread
4 slices cheese
40 g Roast Beef
2 eggs
5dl 0,5% Milk
50 g Cucumber
50 g Tomatoes
Supplements: 2 caps Anabolic Effect, 1 cap D3+K2, 1 cap L-Carnitine, 1 cap Magnesium, 1 cap Curcumin, 1 cap digestive enzyme, 1 cap probiotics.

On non training days my intra and post workout meal get replaced with this:

09:00am - Meal 1,5
(452 kcal, 41 g protein, 53 g carbohydrates, 8 g fat)
3 slices sourdough bread
1 egg
1 scoop SELECT Snickerdoodle

Twice a week Meal 5 gets replaced with this:

8:00pm - Meal 5
(693 kcal, 58 g protein, 59 g carbohydrates, 18 g fat)
225 g Salmon
250 g Potatoes
100 g Peppers
50 g Spinach
50 g Cucumber
100 g Tomatoes
2 dl Milk

TOTAL DAILY INTAKE
3400 kcal
270 g Protein
353 g Carbohydrates
85 g Fat

MY TRAINING

Strength training
Ive been following the programming from https://www.fitnessculture.com/ for a bunch of years now and it suits me really well. Im doing their SWOLE program which is 6 workouts a week and we go thru the body twice during a 8 week rotation. Usually its 4 weeks work then 1 week deload.

Cardio
The programming from Fitnessculture has cardio included, but i dont do any of that. Ive instead followed Stan Efferdings suggestion on doing 2-4 ten minutes walks post meals every day. The reasoning behind these walks are that they will improve insulin sensitivity, decrease gas, improve digestion, decrease DOMS and aid in recovery. I also walk my dog a couple of times a day. I usually get from 15k to 20k steps each day.

Mobility
I finish off every workout with the daily https://romwod.com/ which stands for Range Of Movment Workout Of The Day. So every day they drop a new workout that improves your mobilty. Basically its a series of long held stretches and it takes 20-25minutes to complete. Once a week they program a Warrior routine that takes around 45 minutes which i also do.

EXPECTATIONS

To be honest im sceptical by nature when it comes to supplements that promises big results. Ive tried a bunch of them and none has really given me anything to write home about. With how exact i am with my training, diet, sleep etc I figure that I should be able to feel when I introduce something new into the equation.

I never planned running Anabolic Effect but the feedback it has gotten on the forum from very reputable users made me change my mind. I more prefer playing with GDAs and peri workout supplements. But im really looking forward to these 12 weeks and hope some of you follow along on the journey.

I will be doing my weekly updates on everything and also logging a few workouts here and there.

Let the fun begin!​

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm looking forward to seeing how you like Anabolic Effect. I really hope/think you'll enjoy it.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ohhhh the fun starts.

So Anabolic Effect is pretty awesome regardless and I don't think timing of dose matters much (more of a cumulative just take it kind of deal).

I'll say I do with preworkout meal and last meal of the day, just because I like to replicate how Actigin was used in some of the studies (they gave subjects some night before and 1-hour prior to training) so your scheme looks pretty good.

Good luck!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I will be doing my weekly updates on everything and also logging a few workouts here and there. Let the fun begin!
Nice! Can't wait to see what type of results you get from this run!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm looking forward to seeing how you like Anabolic Effect. I really hope/think you'll enjoy it.
Yeah im looking forward to this!

Ohhhh the fun starts.

So Anabolic Effect is pretty awesome regardless and I don't think timing of dose matters much (more of a cumulative just take it kind of deal).

I'll say I do with preworkout meal and last meal of the day, just because I like to replicate how Actigin was used in some of the studies (they gave subjects some night before and 1-hour prior to training) so your scheme looks pretty good.

Good luck!
Yeah im sure the timing isnt such a big factor. But you know i like to be structured and i figured why not get a little all thru the day haha.

Nice! Can't wait to see what type of results you get from this run!
Thank you, it will be exciting for me as well!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Weekly Report 24.February - 01.March

Body Composition:
(Weight and body fat measured on a FitBit Aria Scale every morning)
Weight staying around where its been the last 7 weeks. But the scale is telling me im getting leaner. BODY RECOMP ACCOMPLISHED!

No changes in body measurements this week either.

Neck: 37 cm (+-0)
Shoulders: 121 cm (+-0)
Chest: 102 cm (+-0)
Biceps: 38 cm (+-0)
Forearm: 30 cm (+-0)
Waist: 79 cm (+-0)
Hips: 85 cm (+-0)
Glutes: 93 cm (+-0)
Thigh: 56 cm (+-0)
Calf: 36 cm (+-0)

Diet:
Second week on 3400 kcal and stuck to the diet except sunday when we celebrated our daughter. She loves asian food, so we went to an asian all you can eat. I dropped a meal and ate a good amount of food, but i felt good afterwards so i didnt overdo it.

Activity: (Caloric expenditure measured by my FitBit Blaze that I wear all day and night)
This week was a Deload week from training, so volume and intensity was lowered.
  • Thursday - Core and RomWOD
  • Friday - Chest, Back, Biceps, Triceps and RomWOD
  • Saturday - Rest day

Friday evening we hopped on a bus for a 3 hour trip to watch our daughter compete in Cheerleading. So all of saturday was spent mostly on my ass in an arena watching teenagers doing the craziest stuff out on the mat. Then it was another 3 hour bus ride back home. So not much activity that day! It was also -20 degrees Celsius where we traveled haha.

Recovery: (Sleep measured with my Fitbit Blaze that I wear all day and night)
Sleep took a hit this week, even though i was deloading!

Supplementation (Here i comment supplements im trying that arent part of my staple)
  • GlycoPhase - Still taking it for my pre workout meal and pre bed meal. Also used it before the all you can eat asian buffet haha.
Weekly Overview
Had a nice deload week, the training was fun and light and went mainly for the pumps.
Weekend was a bit weird with all the traveling etc but family comes first and i had a blast. My little girls team took second place and qualified for the national championships later in the year so thats awesome. Of course I had to show my girl that im a very proud dad, so I did this to my backpack :D

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
OH YEAH! I can't wait to see what you think of this... definitely one of the most structured logs/critics around here so your thoughts will truly be a test

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Very nice .. i just finished my 8 weeks run and love this stuff.

Interested to see how the 3 dose split treats you.

ndiguy

ndiguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Wicked physique

The log aside, It's VERY clear that you've got diet and training in check (y)

Keep kicking ass!