MrMuscle getting lean and mean with SNS Thermo Scorch and TTA-500

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Excited to see how your 1RM has progressed! I haven’t tested out a 1RM in a long time, but all my lifts are progressing significantly in these last couple of weeks with AE.
Yeah i dont do 1RM tests much, but i get my programming from FitnessCulture.com and its percentages based from our 1RM. So we need to do retests now and then to update it.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Workout 05.May 2020

Warm Up:

10 minutes on a Cross Trainer
10 minutes foam rolling, mobility drills and activation exercises

Bench Press 1RM Test
3 minutes rest
42 kg x 10
47 kg x 8
58 kg x 6
68 kg x 4
79 kg x 3
84 kg x 2
89 kg x 2
94 kg x 1
100 kg x 1
107 kg x 1 - NEW 1RM
110 kg x 1 - NEW 1RM

Chin Up 1RM Test
3 minutes rest
0 kg x 8
15 kg x 4
30 kg x 1
45 kg x 1 - NEW 1RM

Bent Over Double Dumbbell Row
Super Set With
Incline Dumbbell Bench Key Press
Super Set With
Dumbbell Shrugs
90 seconds rest
22 kg x 10 / 22 kg x 10 / 22 kg x 10
24 kg x 8 / 24 kg x 8 / 24 kg x 8
26 kg x 6 / 26 kg x 6 / 26 kg x 6

Machine Decline Chest Press
Super Set With
Wide Grip Lat Pulldown
90 seconds rest
42,5 kg x 10 / 33,5 kg x 10
50 kg x 8 / 38,5 kg x 8
57,5 kg x 6 / 43,5 kg x 6

Cool Down:

Mobility:
20 minutes RomWOD

So today was MAX DAY for Bench Press and Chin Up and it went amazingly! I filmed the top sets so lets take a look.
Im NOT a max lift kind of person so my technique goes to **** pretty fast i see. So dont roast me too much!

This was the last warm up set and it felt really good. I see i to start to lift my butt off the bench but the lift felt under control.

Old PB var 105kgs and here we see a 107kg lift. I went pretty smooth but again my ass starts leaving the bench.

So with the last lift feeling so good i went for 110kg and again, pushed it fairly easy. But yeah, my ass went out to space on that one. But im still very happy!

This is the last warm up on the Chin Up with +30kgs. It went REALLY smooth and felt great.

+45kgs would be a PB of 3kgs. I almost got it, but i didnt quite get my chin all the way over the bar. But i have definitely gained some strength the last couple of months!

Last edited:
aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I don’t know much about YouTube video permissions, but I they’re locked/not-viewable from my side. Do you have to make the videos public or something along those lines?

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I don’t know much about YouTube video permissions, but I they’re locked/not-viewable from my side. Do you have to make the videos public or something along those lines?
Thanks for letting me know. Youtube was acting up and lots of people had that problem. Should be fixed now!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice PRs on your last workout!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Workout 06.May 2020

Warm Up:

10 minutes foam rolling, mobility drills and activation exercises

Deadlift 1RM Test
3 minutes rest
50 kg x 10
55 kg x 8
65 kg x 6
80 kg x 4
90 kg x 3
96 kg x 2
102 kg x 2
108 kg x 1
114 kg x 1
125 kg x 1 - NEW 1RM
130 kg x 1 - NEW 1RM

Cossack Squat
Super Set With
Glute Ham Raise
2 minutes rest
5 kg x 6 / 6
5 kg x 6 / 6
5 kg x 6 / 6

Reverse Hyper
Super Set With
TKE
Super Set With
Single Leg Calf Raise
90 seconds rest
10 kg x 10 / 10 / 10
10 kg x 10 / 10 / 10
10 kg x 10 / 10 / 10

Seated Calf Raise
90 seconds rest
30 kg x 10
30 kg x 10
30 kg x 10

Cool Down:

Mobility:
20 minutes RomWOD

So another 1RM day done. Those who has followed this log know that i had 2 years with heel tendon and achilles tendon inflammation that really put a damper on my leg training. I didnt do any that put strain on my foot, so basically i just did machines for 2 years. I couldnt put much weight on so i did alo of occlusion training to maintain the size as best as i could. It worked pretty well for quads and glutes, but my calves almost dissapeared.

So now that im injury free ive been taking it REALLY slow with adding weights to the lifts. So my PB on deadlift is way under where it once was, but im getting stronger! Last 1RM test i had i stopped at 120kgs, this time i got 130kgs. It did look more than a SLDL than a Deadlift, but i got it up!

This was the last warm up set, felt pretty good so i decided to increase to 125kg.

125kg went up pretty easily although my hamstrings did take much of the work.

Very happy with hitting 130kg. But i could feel that my body wasnt used to this kinda weight. Knees and ankles were popping like crazy. But a 10kg increase is very nice and im happy with it.

Ok, so a bonus for you that actually read my log! Back in 2006 i did my first and only show where i competed in Classic Bodybuilding. I dieted down to 80kg and this is how i look on show day

Well after that show with the help of my coach we decided to try a bulk... Mind you this was a pretty clean bulk but with Skip Loads thrown in. Well, after a year or so i ended up at 120kg, so a 40kg increase haha. I didnt look good but boy was i strong compared to now. Here is a video of my pulling 200kg x 4. So this is back in June of 2007,

It took me a year to drop all that extra weight haha and after that i never did a real bulk again. instead ive been keeping fairly lean all the time. But the last 2-3 years ive dropped the body fat to VERY lean. To show what natural progress can look like i made this picture.

2006 vs 2020
28 years - 41 years
80 kg - 83 kg
190 cm - 190 cm
Lean - Leaner​

Last edited:
aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
What was your diet like when you got up to 120kg?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice to be able to say you're getting leaner the older you get! :)

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What was your diet like when you got up to 120kg?
So I cant really remember that far back haha. What i do remember is that i never went over 3000 kcal but i did some huge Skiploads on the weekends. I tried finding my diets from back then but unfortunately no luck :(

Nice to be able to say you're getting leaner the older you get! :)
Haha yeah people keep asking me when I am going to bulk. Im like "at my age any bulk i do will be permanent, so not gonne happen!"

That deadlift looked like a warm up! ;)
You should have heard my joints, i was popping and locking so much i though i was back in the eighties!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Haha yeah people keep asking me when I am going to bulk. Im like "at my age any bulk i do will be permanent, so not gonne happen!"
Agreed! Keep it mean and lean! :)

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I haven't had the chance to get on here in over a week but just wanted to say awesome progress and great videos. Your attention to detail and your dedication is admirable.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I haven't had the chance to get on here in over a week but just wanted to say awesome progress and great videos. Your attention to detail and your dedication is admirable.
Thanks brother, I was wondering where you had gone.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Weekly Report 04.May - 10.May

Body Composition:
(Weight and body fat measured on a FitBit Aria Scale every morning)
So this week my weight was an all time high on this recomp. From what im eating it shouldnt be increasing like this. So unless there is something wrong with how i track my food then your guess is as good as mine. But like ive said, im riding it out and not changing anything. See where i end up. If i feel my body fat gets higher then I like then ill add a mini cut. But so far it doesnt seem like its much fat at all, even though the scale puts me at above 10% now.

Same measurements as last week.

Neck: 37 cm (+-0)
Shoulders: 121 cm (+-0)
Chest: 102 cm (+-0)
Biceps: 38 cm (+-0)
Forearm: 30 cm (+-0)
Waist: 80 cm (+1 cm from start of AE)
Hips: 86 cm (+1 cm from start of AE)
Glutes: 93 cm (+-0)
Thigh: 56 cm (+-0)
Calf: 36 cm (+-0)

Diet: (Everything tracked in MyFitnessPal)
Saturday evening i had pizza with my family. Im trying to find a real deep dish pan pizza in my town, but its hard! I found one this week and i ordered one plus 2 more pizzas. When i went to pick them up they had stacked the pizzas as usual. But when i got home i found that the deep dish one was at the bottom. So when i opened it up all the cheese and topping was stuck to the box... It tasted good though. Aaaan then i ate a tub of Ben&Jerrys as well :D

Activity: (Caloric expenditure measured by my FitBit Blaze that I wear all day and night)
Another week of excellent workouts!
  • Monday - Rest (RomWOD at home)
  • Tuesday - Chest, Back and RomWOD
  • Wednesday - Legs, Core and RomWOD
  • Thursday - RomWOD
  • Friday - Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps and RomWOD
  • Saturday - Legs and RomWOD
  • Sunday - Chest, Back, Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps and RomWOD
No cardio as usual, i just do 2-4 ten minutes walks after meals each day.
Been slowly increasing my daily steps from an average of 15 000 to 20 000. This has increased my caloric expenditure a bit.

Recovery: (Sleep measured with my Fitbit Blaze that I wear all day and night)
Good solid week of sleeping again!

Supplementation (Here i comment supplements im trying that arent part of my staple)

Cel Anabolic Effect Week 10:
This product continues to shine the longer I use it. I seem to be able to increase my volume and strength while still recovering.

Weekly Overview:
So this week gave me 3 new PBs! Its hard to give the credit to one specific thing. But the combination of a good diet, great programming and Anabolic Effect seem to be the way to go. Now to be fair i AM heavier now then i was 2 months ago by around 2kgs so this might also contribute to my strength increase.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Weekly Report 11.May - 17.May

Body Composition:
Slight drop again this week. Has to be water an glycogen that keeps going up and down. Even though im eating the same amount every day.

Same measurements as last week.

Neck: 37 cm (+-0)
Shoulders: 121 cm (+-0)
Chest: 102 cm (+-0)
Biceps: 38 cm (+-0)
Forearm: 30 cm (+-0)
Waist: 80 cm (+1 cm from start of AE)
Hips: 86 cm (+1 cm from start of AE)
Glutes: 93 cm (+-0)
Thigh: 56 cm (+-0)
Calf: 36 cm (+-0)

Diet: (Everything tracked in MyFitnessPal)
This week i didnt have any extra food, so everything was on point.

Activity: (Caloric expenditure measured by my FitBit Blaze that I wear all day and night)
This week we introduced segmented lifts to the mix. That **** hurts, but man so much fun!
  • Monday - Rest (RomWOD at home)
  • Tuesday - Legs and RomWOD
  • Wednesday - Chest, Triceps and RomWOD
  • Thursday - Back, Biceps, Core and RomWOD
  • Friday - Shoulders and RomWOD
  • Saturday - Legs, Core and RomWOD
  • Sunday - Chest, Triceps and RomWOD
No cardio as usual, i just do 2-4 ten minutes walks after meals each day.

Recovery: (Sleep measured with my Fitbit Blaze that I wear all day and night)
Good solid week of sleeping again!

Supplementation (Here i comment supplements im trying that arent part of my staple)

Cel Anabolic Effect Week 11:
So we are getting close to the 12 week mark. I am planning on running it for 16 weeks but im getting a bit nervous as my order hasent gotten here yet and its been almost 3 weeks. Usually i get it within 2 from the UK, but with Corona everything has gotten crazy.

Its still the best natural anabolic ive ever used and I will run this more times!

Weekly Overview:
I know it must be boring to hear this every week, but I had another GREAT week of training and diet. My strength and enery is just fantastic. I am a bit heavier then when i started AE so not AS lean as i was, but i do feel i look a bit thicker. I am leaning towards some of the weight is from my switch to a different creatine product. But we will see when i switch back if it has any effect.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I really hope that your order arrives so that you can run it for the 16 weeks. I'm glad to hear that you are so pleased with it.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Anabolic Effect Review

Background
41 Years old
Lifted weights for 25 years
Tracked my food and training since 1999
Natural

During my X-Factor run (review here: https://anabolicminds.com/community/threads/mrmuscles-recomp-and-supplements-log-now-cel-anabolic-effect-before-x-factor-glycophase.314549/post-6328194 ) I read more and more about Anabolic Effect and people had great things to say about it.

Basics
4 bottle run
2 caps woth meal 1 (pre workout), 2 caps with meal 2 (pre workout) and 2 caps with meal 5 (pre bed)
Recomping after a cut with the goal to add muscle without fat
Calories in a slight surplus

Experience
By week 3 i was starting to feel most of the known effects such as better pumps and improved recovery. But week 4 was where i really noticed that something was going on. I just felt good, even though the pandemic was going on and thing where **** i felt incredible. Awesome workouts, increased recovery while sleeping etc. These where effects that continued during my whole run.

Results
I log everything i do, everything so all small changes are all documented and will give a good picture of what been happening.
Now, every morning i step on my FitBit Aria scale which measures my weight and body fat thru bioelectrical impedance. THIS IS NOT AN ACCURATE WAY OF GETTING A BODY FAT READING! But hopefully it can be used to show changes.

Weight: 81,2kg to 84,3kg
Body Fat: 9% to 10,3%
Lean Body Mass: 73,9kg to 75,6kg
Fat: 7,3kg to 8,7kg

So based on the numbers i gained 3kgs where roughly half was fat and half was muscle. Now, we know these scales cant know 100% whats going on in the body. But it does give us an indication that some muscle was gained. But based on the fat amount my calories might have been a bit high. But im very happy with the results and I will absolutely run AE again.

Pictures are taken 4 months apart. Excluding the body hair on the after picture, it does seem like I have indeed put on some quality mass. I did try to hit the pose the same way at the same spot with the same camera. But small differences is to be expected.

Conclusion
This is the best results any single supplement has ever given me. For a guy who has worked out his whole life, putting on this kind of muscle mass in 4 months is nothing but incredible. Its a definite rebuy for me and next time I might want to try it either in a slight caloric deficit or at maintanance to see how that goes.

Future
So for the month of July im doing a minicut, dropped down to 3000 kcal a day just ot shed some of the fat. I noticed that my body hung more on to the weight from my cheat meals than usual, so maybe i lost some of my insulin sensitivity. Or I was just a tad bit high on the calories.
For supplements I have Iconogenin on its way. Ive never tried Laxogenin or a topical, so this will be something completely new to me. I plan to pick the log back up when it arrives.​

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Nice progress man. Definitely looking bigger, and you even carry the day gain well. I personally like a little more fat on my body than what a lot of people do. I feel better when I'm a little wet. 😂

But again, damn dude. You nailed it.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice progress man. Definitely looking bigger, and you even carry the day gain well. I personally like a little more fat on my body than what a lot of people do. I feel better when I'm a little wet.

But again, damn dude. You nailed it.
Thanks man!

Haha yeah we all have our preferences. I prefer the leaner look on me. I was super lean the beginning of the year and I really liked that! So I might work my way back.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
(y)

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Conclusion
This is the best results any single supplement has ever given me. For a guy who has worked out his whole life, putting on this kind of muscle mass in 4 months is nothing but incredible. Its a definite rebuy for me and next time I might want to try it either in a slight caloric deficit or at maintanance to see how that goes.

That's awesome to hear. Thank you for the very detailed log and I'm so glad that you had great results and are pleased with it.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
That's awesome to hear. Thank you for the very detailed log and I'm so glad that you had great results and are pleased with it.
Yes this was a great product for me and you can expect me to run it again before the year is out.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome detailed log on this product! Glad you enjoyed and saw nice results!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
ICONIC FORMULATIONS ICONOGENIN LOG

Ive never tried any Laxogenin products nor any transdermals. Reading about Laxogenin it seems that might be the best way of absorbing it. So I decided to give Iconogenin a shot and see how it affects me.

DOSING

Using the recommended amount for my weight I will be doing 3 pumps every day.
I train in the AM so I will be applying it after my post workout shower.

STARTING STATS

Height: 190 cm
Weight: 82,4 kg
Body Fat: 10,3% (Using an Aria Fitbit Scale)

MY DIET

The last couple of years ive been following The Vertical Diet by Stan Efferding and ive never felt better. The diet revolves around getting enough of all the micronutrients thru a solid food selection and having optimal digestion.

Right now im running a slight caloric deficit. The reason for that is basically Summer. Usually i eat a meal or two outside the diet every month. But because of my fiance and kids having a summer vacation we try to get more time together. Often that results in bbq, eating out or just grabbing an ice cream. So instead of it happening 1-2 times a month its more realistic that it happens 1-2 a week. So by keeping the calories a little lower I will maintain my shape and fullness as much as possible.

05:00am
2 caps GlycoPhase

05:25am - Meal 1
(606 kcal, 53 g Protein, 70 g Carbohydrates, 12 g Fat)
2 slices sourdough bread
2 slices whey cheese
150 g Pineapple
10 g Coco nibs
1 dl Homemade Kefir
1,5 scoop SELECT protein
10 g Hydrolyzed Collagen
1 dl 0,5% Milk
1 cup coffee
Supplements: 1 cap L-carnitine, 1 cap D3+K2, 1 cap Omega-3

06:20am - Pre-Workout
1 Scoop Prolific
2 Scoops High Volume
1/4 teaspoon Salt

Intra Workout:
(237 kcal, 11 g Protein, 44 g Carbohydrates)
40g HBCD
1 Scoop Viterna Amino (EAA + electrolytes)
1 Scoop Olimp Creatine Xplode

10:00am - Post Workout
(324 kcal, 32 g Protein, 43 g Carbohydrates, 2 g Fat)
40g Basmati Rice
10g Honey
40g Ghost Whey
1/4 teaspoon Salt

12:00pm - Meal 2
(594 kcal, 53 g Protein, 38 g carbohydrates, 20 g fat)

200 g Ground Beef 95/5
1 egg
100 g Sweet Potato
100 g Peppers
50 g Spinach
35 g Avocado
50 g Broccoli
30 g Bone Broth
50 g Kimchi
1/2 Carrot
1/2 Orange

4:00pm - Meal 3

200 g Ground Beef 95/5
1 egg
100 g Sweet Potato
100 g Peppers
50 g Spinach
35 g Avocado
50 g Broccoli
30 g Bone Broth
50 g Kimchi
1/2 Carrot
1/2 Orange

4:30pm - Pick me up
(70 kcal, 6 g Protein, 10 g Carbohydrates, 0 g Fat)

2 scoops ON Amino Energy
1dl Cranberry Juice
1 scoop Collaplex (joint health supplement)
1 scoop Pureness Electrolytes

7:30pm
2 caps GlycoPhase

8:00pm - Meal 4
(582 kcal, 41 g Protein, 56 g Carbohydrates, 20 g Fat)

2 slices Sourdough Bread
2 slices cheese
40 g Roast Beef
2 eggs
2dl 0,5% Milk
50 g Cucumber
50 g Tomatoes
5g 85% Dark Chocolate
Supplements: 1 cap D3+K2, 1 cap L-Carnitine, 1 cap Magnesium, 1 cap digestive enzyme, 1 cap probiotics.

On non training days my intra and post workout meal get replaced with this:

10:00am - Meal 2

200 g Ground Beef 95/5
1 egg
100 g Sweet Potato
100 g Peppers
50 g Spinach
35 g Avocado
50 g Broccoli
30 g Bone Broth
50 g Kimchi
1/2 Carrot
1/2 Orange

Every other day Meal 4 gets replaced with this:

4:00pm - Meal 4
(625 kcal, 59 g Protein, 37 g carbohydrates, 16 g fat)

200 g Salmon
1 egg
100 g White Potatoes
100 g Peppers
50 g Spinach
35 g Avocado
50 g Broccoli
30 g Bone Broth
50 g Kimchi
1/2 Carrot
1/2 Orange

TOTAL DAILY INTAKE
3000 kcal
250 g Protein
290 g Carbohydrates
75 g Fat

MY TRAINING

Strength training
Ive been following the programming from https://www.fitnessculture.com/ for a bunch of years now and it suits me really well. Im doing their SWOLE program which is 6 workouts a week and we go thru the body twice during a 8 week rotation. Usually its 4 weeks work then 1 week deload.

Cardio
The programming from Fitnessculture has cardio included, but i dont do any of that. Ive instead followed Stan Efferdings suggestion on doing 2-4 ten minutes walks post meals every day. The reasoning behind these walks are that they will improve insulin sensitivity, decrease gas, improve digestion, decrease DOMS and aid in recovery. I also walk my dog a couple of times a day. I usually get from 15k to 20k steps each day.

Mobility
I finish off every workout with the daily https://romwod.com/ which stands for Range Of Movment Workout Of The Day. So every day they drop a new workout that improves your mobilty. Basically its a series of long held stretches and it takes 20-25minutes to complete. Once a week they program a Warrior routine that takes around 45 minutes which i also do.

EXPECTATIONS

So it seems Laxogenin is a debated supplement in terms of effect. From reading reviews and logs both here and just googling there are people who thinks it works very good and others that say they dont feel anything from it at all.

So what is it supposed to do? Well here is a list of potential effects:

Helps Increase Lean Mass
Helps Increase Strength & Power
Supports Joint Health
Helps Accelerate Recovery
Helps Reduce Inflammation
Helps Reduce Muscle Fatigue
Helps Reduce Cortisol
Helps Reduce Stress

Ive also read people claiming a stronger pump from the product.

I will be happy if i notice any of these effects. With my diet and training on point and constant it should be easy for me to notice if I feel something happening.​

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So Powermyself is running a 15% off and I was planning on picking up a couple of bottles of Epi-Plex, is it a good idea to throw on a second bottle of Iconogenin as well? What is the recommended length for a Iconogenin run for optimal results? Most natural muscle builders seem to need more time than 4 weeks to show effect.

@thebigt @Ape McGrapes @delsolrob

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
So Powermyself is running a 15% off and I was planning on picking up a couple of bottles of Epi-Plex, is it a good idea to throw on a second bottle of Iconogenin as well? What is the recommended length for a Iconogenin run for optimal results? Most natural muscle builders seem to need more time than 4 weeks to show effect.

@thebigt @Ape McGrapes @delsolrob
yup, get the 2nd bottle of iconogenin (y)

every time i've ran iconogenin i've used 2 bottles.

Last edited:
TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
yup, get the 2nd bottle of iconogenin (y)

every time i've ran iconogenin i've used 2 bottles.
Yeah it makes sense to me to run two bottles to be sure I get the most out it.

What kind of results did you (or other) most notice from your runs?

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

I have less joint issues, plus some increases in mass and strength.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

i am 61 with arthritis, the most noticeable thing for me was pain relief....this was huge!!!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
JULY IN REVIEW

Body composition

Goal this month has been to drop a little body fat while trying to maintain (or build) muscle mass. Lowest measured body weight was 81,9kg, highest 84,5kg. So far its looking good on the recomp side. I have a little goal of hitting 9% body fat on my scale as i hit that this january and felt really good then.

Training
A solid months of workouts following the programming from Fitness Culture. No missed workouts or injuries. Ended the month with a deload so first week of August brings four 1RM tests. Incline bench press, squats, neutral grip pull ups and overhead press.

Diet
At the start of July i dropped my calories from 3400 to 3000. I had then been slowly gaining weight since October of 2019. In that time i gained approximately 5kgs in total and i felt it was a good time to shed some of the fat that came with those kilos. Also I had some extra food during June because of a bunch of celebrations and the weight that usually dropped 3-4 days after cheats didnt drop anymore. So it was time to cut a little.

Breakdown of the diet this month:
3000 Calories
250g Protein
290g Carbohydrates
75g Fat

I was expecting more days of extra food because of it being summer and the kids and fiance had their vacations. But in total I only ate over my 3000 calories 3 times during the month. So that aided very much in my cut.

Supplementation

Staple Supplements:

- GlycoPhase from SNS
- HBCD from Star Nutrition
- Creatine Xplode from Olimp
- SELECT from PEScience
- L-Carnitine from Viterna
- Magnesium from Great Earth
- Omega-3 from Viterna
- Collagen from Viterna
- Collaplex from Viterna
- Prolific from PEScience
- High Volume from PEScience
- D3/K2 from Viterna
- Egozyme from Great Earth
- Ultra Duo Dophilus from Great Earth

New supplements this month:

Ghost Whey Cereal Milk
I posted a thread about needing a substitute for SELECT Snickerdoodle in my post workout meal (rice, honey, cinnamon and protein) and i decided to give Ghost Whey a chance. It had a awesome flavor when drinking, but unfotunately not close to how amazing SELECT Snickerdoodle is in that meal. But that flavor is still impossible to get here in Sweden, so im working my way thru the Ghost Tub.

Iconogenin from Iconic Formulations
After my incredible Anabolic Effect run I was looking for something new to try and I found Iconogenin. Ive not tried Laxogenin or a topical before, so it seemed like a perfect choice. Ive only been taking it for a week now so not much to report. But I will report back after ive used it for a longer time. Ive put in an order for a second bottle so that i can really give it a try and hopefully get most out of it.

gEEAR from Mutant
A new EAA product from Mutant that hit my shelves, so i had to give it a try. I got the Blue Raspberry flavor and found it a bit lacking. It has an awesome electrolyte formula so that might hinder the flavor a bit. But its maybe a bit lacking in the amounts of some of the aminos. I will probably try the other 3 flavors as well so that i know what to tell the customers about them.​

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
9% is pretty low, you should look great!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Weekly Report 27.July - 02.August

Diet:

(Everything tracked in MyFitnessPal)

So this week i had 2 refeeds, one planned and one not.
Thursday was a leg day and even though it was a deload day i felt drained the entire day after my workout. In the evening when i sat down to eat my last meal i had cold sweats and my hands were shaking. Im thinking it was some kind of blood sugar drop, which is weird as I am eating plenty of carbs.
Well after eating my regular meal i sat there for 5-10 minutes to see if I got any better, but i didnt. So i decided to eat more. My fiance had made a lasagne for my son last weekend, but she always save me a piece in the freezer. So i ate that (and it was amazing) but still had to eat 2 protein bars before i felt normal again.

Saturday we finally went to the movies again. There are no new films showing but I just wanted to do something different, so we saw Mad Max: Fury Road again which is a fantastic movie. But even more fantastic was my refeed which i got at Subway haha. I havent had a Subway sandwich for ages and I LOVE bread.

SO this is what i got:
- 1 Steak and Cheese Wrap
- 1 Cheese and Ham Subway
- 1 Taco Beef Subway
- 3 Cookies
- 2 Quest Cookies
- 1 Battle Bites Bar

I wanted to space it out so that i had something to eat throughout the movie, but I ate it all within the first 30-40 minutes...

According to MyFitnessPal that gave these numbers:
2337 kcal
265g carbs
103g fat
106g protein

I took 2 caps GlycoPhase and a digestion enzyme before eating it and i felt amazing afterwards!

Body Composition:

Here we see the aftermath of the refeeds. Weight went up friday and sunday, but maybe suprisingly the bodyfat readings went down. This might just be the inaccuracy of the scale. But i remember back when i was coached by Ken "Skip" Hill and we did his Skiploads. How amazed he was on how much carbs was needed to really fill me up. So maybe thats whu the bodyfat percentages dropped on the scale. Because i actually was full. We will have to see what happens next week.

Activity:
(Caloric expenditure measured by my FitBit Blaze that I wear all day and night)

Monday - Rest (RomWOD at home)
Tuesday - Back, Biceps and RomWOD
Wednesday - Shoulders and RomWOD
Thursday - Legs, Core and RomWOD - DELOAD
Friday - Chest, Back and RomWOD - DELOAD
Saturday - Calves, Shoulders, Arms, Core and RomWOD - DELOAD
Sunday - RomWOD

For cardio i do 10 minutes warm up on the cross trainer and 10 minutes cool down on the cross trainer. Also i do 2-4 ten minutes walks after meals each day.

Recovery:
(Sleep measured with my Fitbit Blaze that I wear all day and night)

Sleep is one thing i wish i had more time for. But as it is this is the most i can hope for.

Supplementation:
(Here i comment supplements im trying that arent part of my staple)

Iconogenin Week 1:
Not much to report here as expected. Most if not all natural products takes a while to kick in. Also im not sure one actually feels Laxogenin "kick in" so it will be interesting to see how this goes the next weeks. I did order a second bottle so that i can do a complete 2 bottle run.​

Last edited:
LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
^^^ Two bottles back to back will definitely yield some nice results!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Weekly Report 03.August - 09.August

Diet:

This week I had 1 planned refeed on sunday.
My kids heard I had been to Subway the weekend prior so they also wanted to go. Perfect for me as I love that kind of food and it sits well with me. So we went but this time i only got 2 subs.. oh and 3 donut balls.
BUT
afterwards we went to a local place called Chubby Waffle and i got this thing

Its a vanilla Waffle with Nutella Spread, banana, kiwi, chocolate ice cream, Kit Kat and Oreos...
It was the greatest thing ever.

Body Composition:

Great week of leaning out. Body weight and body fat is slowly dropping to where id like it to be.

Activity:

Tuesday - Chest, Back and RomWOD
Wednesday - Legs and RomWOD
Thursday - Core and RomWOD
Friday - Chest, Back, Shoulders and RomWOD
Saturday - Legs and RomWOD
Sunday - Core, Biceps, Triceps and RomWOD

For cardio i do 10 minutes warm up on the cross trainer and 10 minutes cool down on the cross trainer. Also i do 2-4 ten minutes walks after meals each day.

This week was a 1RM week and I made some good progress:

Squat +5kg
Front Squat +2,5kg
Incline Bench Press +1kg
Overhead Press +1kg

Recovery:

Sleep is one thing i wish i had more time for. But as it is this is the most i can hope for.

Supplementation:

Iconogenin Week 2:
Not much change from week 1. I cannot tell that im using a supplement that I havent taken before. So we will just have to wait and see how the next week will be.

Mail Bag;
Got a delivery this week of another bottle Iconogenin and 2 bottles of Epi-Plex. I plan on running the Epi-Plex after Laxogenin as i havent tried any of them before.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Looking Good Man !

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Weekly Report 10.August - 16.August

Diet:

This week I had 1 planned refeed on Saturday.
Me and my fiance went out to celebrate 4 years engagement. Our plan was to go to a salad bar we both like (i get other stuff than salads!) but they closed one hour early, so we had to decide on something else. We decided on this Italian Pizza place that we both like. They make their pizza on sourdough so it just taste amazing.
Well we ended up getting 2 pizzas (1 gluten free bottom as she cant have gluten) and a salad. It tasted amazing.
I couldnt stop there of course, so I went to a bakery and got 4 pastries:
- Mazarin
- Brownie
- Oat cookie
- Cuban Mazarin
They were amazing and the Cuban Mazarin... OMG haha. It was around 1000 kcal just in pastries but it was amazing.
As always i took 2 GlycoPhase before this meal and a digestive enzyme with it. No bloating or anything!

Body Composition:

Awesome to see 9.0% on the scale now already! Average weight is a little up from last week due to having two days "post refeed" in the same week.

Activity:

Tuesday - Chest, Back and Shoulders and RomWOD
Thursday - Core, Arms and RomWOD
Friday - RomWOD
Saturday - Chest, Back, Shoulders and Arms and RomWOD
Sunday - Legs and RomWOD

This week the programming called for a modified version of GVT. So the volume was high!
Unfortunately my achilles inflammation that I struggeled with for a long time came back this week :( That **** really got me bummed out. I made a thread about it and got some solid advice. Hopefully with that I can combat thru it faster than last time.
You can find the thread here.

Recovery:

Around 7 hours this week as well which is as expected.

Supplementation:

Iconogenin Week 3:
Hate to be so boring but I cant point to an exact effect of this as of yet.
I do feel great (except for my crappy achilles) but I felt great before starting Iconogenin as well.
But as always excited to see what the next weeks brings!

Mail Bag;
So for those that have read my protein thread. Know that ive been trying to find SELECT Snickerdoodle in Sweden for a long time with no luck. Well I finally bit the bullet and ordered from Porteinpickandmix in the UK. The shipping cost on such big things are never good but i couldnt keep going anymore haha. Also my fiance loves the Cake Pop and her ran out! SInce one cant get that in Sweden either i bought them both as a 4 year engagement present haha.
Unfortunately I got the EU version of Snickerdoodle. So no Whey Isolate or PepForm. But what can you do.
Got a few samples of Prolific as well which is great as that I use that daily.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Weekly Report 17.August - 23.August

Diet:

Not a particular exciting refeed this week. We unfortunately lost my fiances mother on friday night so everything just had to be adjusted to that. So I ended up having a Pizza and a couple of liters of ice cream. Mostly just to get the calories, neither the pizza or ice cream was of the best quality haha.

Body Composition:

Started taking Ibuprofen 400mg three times a day because of my inflamed achilles this week. And it looks like that makes me hold on to some extra water. My scale thinks its muscle tho so my body fat dropped even more according to that haha.

Activity:

Friday - RomWOD
Sunday - Legs and RomWOD

Had a really good week of workouts. Made strength progress on everything and energy felt great.

Recovery:

Seems like sleep took a hit this week, hope to get it back up to around 7 hours again.

Supplementation:

Iconogenin Week 4:
Like i mentioned earlier my workouts this week was very good. I dont know if it was the Laxogenin or just normal progression but i definately felt good. Im getting close to finishing my first bottle now. Any reason to bump it up to 4 pumps from 3 pumps?​

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Weekly Report 17.August - 23.August

Diet:

View attachment 197011

Not a particular exciting refeed this week. We unfortunately lost my fiances mother on friday night so everything just had to be adjusted to that. So I ended up having a Pizza and a couple of liters of ice cream. Mostly just to get the calories, neither the pizza or ice cream was of the best quality haha.

Body Composition:

View attachment 197012

Started taking Ibuprofen 400mg three times a day because of my inflamed achilles this week. And it looks like that makes me hold on to some extra water. My scale thinks its muscle tho so my body fat dropped even more according to that haha.

Activity:

Friday - RomWOD
Sunday - Legs and RomWOD

View attachment 197013

Had a really good week of workouts. Made strength progress on everything and energy felt great.

Recovery:

View attachment 197014

Seems like sleep took a hit this week, hope to get it back up to around 7 hours again.

Supplementation:

Iconogenin Week 4:
Like i mentioned earlier my workouts this week was very good. I dont know if it was the Laxogenin or just normal progression but i definately felt good. Im getting close to finishing my first bottle now. Any reason to bump it up to 4 pumps from 3 pumps?​
With iconogenin, the bump up can’t hurt and can only help. Give it a try.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
COMPETITIVE EDGE LABS M-TEST

I have not tried a test booster in a decade or more and really never thought i would.
But ive become a huge fan of CEL and I would very much like to try and see how M-Test treats me.
Also im now 42 years old and probably prime target for such a product.

DOSING

I will follow the recommended dosage which means 3 caps in the AM and 3 caps in the PM.

STARTING STATS

Height: 190 cm
Weight: 83,5 kg
Body Fat: 10% (Using an Aria Fitbit Scale)

MY DIET

The last couple of years ive been following The Vertical Diet by Stan Efferding and ive never felt better. The diet revolves around getting enough of all the micronutrients thru a solid food selection and having optimal digestion.

Right now im running a slight caloric deficit.
Reason is basically last 3 months has been hell on my family. My fiance lost her mother unexpectantly and left us with caring for her father which has dementia and Parkinsons. So she basically had to move in with him while I took care of the kids and the house. So we had to get him into a home and also sell their house to pay for the home. On top of that we have Covid etc etc. This just required me to eat more to be able to be on top of everything.

But now it has calmed down a bit so I can lean out a bit more because thats how i like to look.
Also I usually do a "eat all you want" saturday evening, so it makes sense to keep the calories a bit lower during the week haha.

05:25am - Meal 1
(541 kcal, 49 g Protein, 58 g Carbohydrates, 11 g Fat)
2 slices sourdough bread
2 slices whey cheese
150 g Pineapple
10 g Coco nibs
1 dl Homemade Kefir
1 scoop SELECT protein
10 g Hydrolyzed Collagen
1 cup coffee
Supplements: 2 caps GlyoPhase, 1 cap Epi-Plex, 1 cap L-carnitine, 1 cap D3+K2, 1 cap Omega-3, 1 cap digestive enzyme, 1 cap probiotics.

06:20am - Pre-Workout
1 Scoop Prolific
2 scoops High Volume
1 scoop Creapure Screatine
1/4 teaspoon Salt

Intra Workout:
(237 kcal, 11 g Protein, 22 g Carbohydrates)
20g HBCD
1 Scoop Viterna Amino (EAA + electrolytes)
1 scoop Creapure Creatine

09:30am - Post Workout
(324 kcal, 32 g Protein, 43 g Carbohydrates, 2 g Fat)
1 cap GlycoPhase
40 g Basmati Rice
10 g Honey
1 scoop SELECT Protein
1/4 teaspoon Salt

11:00am - Meal 2
(460 kcal, 43 g Protein, 39 g carbohydrates, 10 g fat)

150 g Salmon
100 g White Potatoes
100 g Peppers
50 g Spinach
20 g Avocado
50 g Broccoli
20 g Bone Broth
50 g Kimchi
10 g Garlic
10 g Onions
50 g Carrot
50 g Orange

2:00pm - Meal 3
(478 kcal, 47 g Protein, 33 g carbohydrates, 16 g fat)

150 g Cube Steak
50 g Sweet Potato
100 g Peppers
50 g Spinach
20 g Avocado
50 g Broccoli
20 g Bone Broth
50 g Kimchi
10 g Garlic
10 g Onions
10 g Blue Cheese
10 g Almonds
50 g Carrot
50 g Orange

3:00pm - Pick me up
2 scoops GHOST Gamer
1 scoop Viterna Collaplex (joint health supplement)

5:00pm - Meal 4
(486 kcal, 47 g Protein, 32 g carbohydrates, 17 g fat)
150 g Cube Steak
50 g Sweet Potato
100 g Peppers
50 g Spinach
20 g Avocado
50 g Broccoli
20 g Bone Broth
50 g Kimchi
10 g Garlic
10 g Onions
10 g Blue Cheese
10 g Walnuts
50 g Carrot
50 g Orange

8:00pm - Meal 5
(430 kcal, 48 g Protein, 15 g Carbohydrates, 19 g Fat)

3 eggs
1 dl 0,5% Milk
10 g 90% Dark Chocolate
50 g Blueberries
50 g Strawberries
1 scoop SELECT Protein
Supplements: 1 cap GlycoPhase, 1 cap Epi-Plex, 1 cap D3+K2, 1 cap L-Carnitine, 1 cap Magnesium, 1 cap digestive enzyme, 1 cap probiotics.

TOTAL DAILY INTAKE
2900 kcal
280 g Protein
250 g Carbohydrates
75 g Fat

MY TRAINING

Strength training
Ive been following the programming from https://www.fitnessculture.com/ for a bunch of years now and it suits me really well. Im doing their SWOLE program which is 6 workouts a week and we go thru the body twice during a 8 week rotation. Usually its 4 weeks work then 1 week deload.

Cardio
The programming from FitnessCulture has cardio included, but i dont do any of that. Ive instead followed Stan Efferdings suggestion on doing 2-4 ten minutes walks post meals every day. The reasoning behind these walks are that they will improve insulin sensitivity, decrease gas, improve digestion, decrease DOMS and aid in recovery. I also walk my dog a couple of times a day. I usually get from 15k to 20k steps each day.

Mobility
I finish off every workout with the daily https://romwod.com/ which stands for Range Of Movment Workout Of The Day. So every day they drop a new workout that improves your mobilty. Basically its a series of long held stretches and it takes 20-25minutes to complete. Once a week they program a Warrior routine that takes around 45 minutes which i also do.

EXPECTATIONS

So this is where i have to get a bit personal. Im a life time natty but I have some gyno from somewhere. I might have had pubertal gyno when i was young, but I cant remember it and at that time i didnt know such a thing existed.
The first time i REALLY noticed it and understood what it was, was when i was taking Isatori Bio-Gro ages ago. I remember being called out on using that and people claiming I lost my natty status then. Well I sure got the sides at least.
After that I can get flare ups from the most random things. ZMA, Ashwagandha, Zinc, and even Beta-Alanine. So i dunno really whats going on. Living in Sweden i cant get a decent blood test either to check everything.
So because of that I have only purchased 1 bottle of M-Test and I will just have to try and see how it affects me. If I dont get sides I will probably pick up a bottle or two more!

Now I just want to make this clear, M-Test does NOT give gyno. Im apparently just super sensitive to some stuff.

So if we look past all that and focus on what i HOPE it will do:

+ improve recovery
+ improve lean muscle and strength
+ increased sex drive and libido

Hope to see people follow along as I have more in store for later!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I hope everything in life improves for you and your mate.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dogs can bring a lot of joy to your life for sure. Definitely needed this year :)

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Adorable puppies

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Congrats on the new puppy. I like animals more than I do most people :)