Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It does look like a college research paper !

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It's over my head, I guess I should have gone to college !

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Damn, im turning 44 this year and it looks like a college research paper? I need to step my game up apparently :D
I'm talking PhD level research paper so you should be proud! :)

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
PSA The Board Member formally know as @TheMrMuscle will now be referred to as TheProfessorMuscle !!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
PSA The Board Member formally know as @TheMrMuscle will now be referred to as TheProfessorMuscle !!
PhD so we can call him DrMuscle!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I like that even better !! - Now can he write me a script ?
Now I like where this is going! Well I guess we know who his first two clients will be:)

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Not BrofessorMuscle?
There you go! I like it.

Now you need to get a couple t-shirts with your new name on them and then you're all set!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Monthly Report March 2022

After last months spike in restorative sleep im happy to see it staying at the same level.

Strain is the least informative reading my Whoop gives me as strength training produces low strain.
But its interesting to see the trends. Apparently my workouts this month was easier than in February.

Alot of yellow this month which is ok.
The one red recovery came on a Saunday and the reason is that I shared a pint of Ben&Jerry with my fiance on Saturday evening. Thats all it takes for my HRV and HR to go all out of wack.

I keep maxing out that sleep performance!

Her we can see the top behaviors that had an impact on my recovery.

100% Sleep - No shock there, enough sleep equals better recovery
Blue light Blocking Glasses - These have been a game changer for me
Added Sugar - This might be because I only add some sugar when i eat my protein pancakes on the weekend. I also sleep in a bit on weekends so it might not be smart enought to understand whats actually impacting it.

Ive now used CBD for 2 months and personally i felt the most effect the first month. The second month my HRV was never as high as the first. I have no stopped the CBD and it will be interesting to see what happens during April.

Last month showed a crazy improvment in both HRV and RHR. This month it still got better but at a lower rate.
It will be interesting to see if this dips down when CBD is taken out.

Cut is moving along nicely.
For March i dropped my calories another 200 on my workout days. So down 400 calories in total from my lean bulk and weight keeps dropping.

Plans for April

I am getting ready to finish my cut, but plan on running it our April as well.
Ive cut another 200 calories on my rest days (2 days a week) as I want to find a good way to carb cycle as i enjoy that.
So layout for the week is as follows:

Monday - Rest day: 2600kcal
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday - Workout days: 2800kcal
Friday - Rest day: 2600kcal
Saturday and Sunday - Workout days: 3000kcal

Im adding 10 minutes on the eliptical after each workout and increasing my daily steps from 14 000 to 16 000.

Hopefully this will be enough to drop me down either to 83kg or below 10% on the scale.​

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It will be interesting to see if this dips down when CBD is taken out.
I'm interesting in seeing the results of this as well.

Nice update post to btw!

Slots1

Awards
beginner m-test Dose? what u recomend i just have 1 bottle for now , pretty hard to get inside eu so i had ot order in uk, do u know anywhere inside EU tha ha t it or the opt-t by sns?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
beginner m-test Dose? what u recomend i just have 1 bottle for now , pretty hard to get inside eu so i had ot order in uk, do u know anywhere inside EU tha ha t it or the opt-t by sns?
It's directed to take 3 caps twice daily. If worried you could start with 1 to 2 caps twice daily and then bump up to 3 caps twice daily.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So for the M-Test you want to run the recommended dosage which is 6 caps a day. Split them up how you prefer, most do 3+3 but i prefer 2+2+2 (with meals for my part).

Unfortunately it is hard to get CEL and SNS in Europe right now. Predator has in stock and apparently they have a way to ship it without all the custom stuff. I havent tried it myself as their prices are pretty harsh. But they have both M-Test and Optimize-T in stock.

Slots1

Awards
yea i ordred a mtest from them friday, havent arrived yet so about tha tax, ill have too see. fingers crossed then

Slots1

Awards
idk maby they take it over the tunnel into france eu and then drive it from there with fedx or gls

Edit just got a notice its on it s way to AMSTERDAM or i recon its some sort of way they do it, shipping it into eu first then drive it up to me.

Last edited:
TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
idk maby they take it over the tunnel into france eu and then drive it from there with fedx or gls

Edit just got a notice its on it s way to AMSTERDAM or i recon its some sort of way they do it, shipping it into eu first then drive it up to me.
Nice, let me know how it goes!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Monthly Report April 2022

Sleep quality staying high so that makes me happy.

Strain is the least informative reading my Whoop gives me as strength training produces low strain.
But its interesting to see the trends. Apparently my workouts this month was easier than in February.

Had a solid green streak going there for a week, thats always nice to see.
The red day just means i had more food the day before haha.

I keep sleeping like the Viking I am! Great to see.

99% Sleep - No shock there, enough sleep equals better recovery
Sound Machine - This is what i log when i listen to music untill i fall asleep. Seems to have some impact!
Late meal - This is when I eat heavy amounts in the evening. It always makes my HRV drop and RHR spike.

There we go. I used CBD for 2 months and now 1 month without and the data seems clear. Even though it felt like it worked great the first month it could have just been just random. Good to know, cuz its not cheap.

These numbers are just incredible. Im trying to think why this is happening. Is it because im now leaner? Maybe, but its not like i was fat before. Maybe its because ive been even stricter with my diet. So very few days where i eat everything in site.

Cut is over and Im really happy with my results!

Plans for May

Now it's back to a lean bulk again and based on my training experience and age the experts recommend no more than a 0.5% to 1% weight increase a month. So no dreamer bulk for me! I will keep my calories realtively low so that I can allow myself 1-2 extra meals a week if I feel like it.

Monday - 2800 kcal (Recovery day)
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday - 3250 kcal (Training days)
Friday - 2800 kcal (Recovery day)
Saturday and Sunday - 3250 kcal (Training days)

I'm going to do a 4:1 ratio of lean bulk and minicut, see how that treats me. So a minimum of 4 months in a lean bulk before i do a minicut. Will be interesting to see how this goes. Always fun to change things up.​

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lean bulks are not as fun as dirty bulks but it's definitely the better route to take :)

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Monthly Report April 2022

View attachment 215955

Sleep quality staying high so that makes me happy.

View attachment 215956

View attachment 215957

Had a solid green streak going there for a week, thats always nice to see.
The red day just means i had more food the day before haha.

View attachment 215958

I keep sleeping like the Viking I am! Great to see.

View attachment 215959

99% Sleep - No shock there, enough sleep equals better recovery
Sound Machine - This is what i log when i listen to music untill i fall asleep. Seems to have some impact!
Late meal - This is when I eat heavy amounts in the evening. It always makes my HRV drop and RHR spike.

View attachment 215960

There we go. I used CBD for 2 months and now 1 month without and the data seems clear. Even though it felt like it worked great the first month it could have just been just random. Good to know, cuz its not cheap.

View attachment 215961

These numbers are just incredible. Im trying to think why this is happening. Is it because im now leaner? Maybe, but its not like i was fat before. Maybe its because ive been even stricter with my diet. So very few days where i eat everything in site.

View attachment 215962

Cut is over and Im really happy with my results!

View attachment 215963View attachment 215964

Plans for May

Now it's back to a lean bulk again and based on my training experience and age the experts recommend no more than a 0.5% to 1% weight increase a month. So no dreamer bulk for me! I will keep my calories realtively low so that I can allow myself 1-2 extra meals a week if I feel like it.

Monday - 2800 kcal (Recovery day)
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday - 3250 kcal (Training days)
Friday - 2800 kcal (Recovery day)
Saturday and Sunday - 3250 kcal (Training days)

I'm going to do a 4:1 ratio of lean bulk and minicut, see how that treats me. So a minimum of 4 months in a lean bulk before i do a minicut. Will be interesting to see how this goes. Always fun to change things up.​
nice details and great results .. congrats man .. hard work paid off.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lean bulks are not as fun as dirty bulks but it's definitely the better route to take :)
boringggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

jk just jealous bc i cant do it lol
nice details and great results .. congrats man .. hard work paid off.
Thanks guys. Cutting has never been a problem for me because of how structured I am. At this stage gaining muscle is much much harder. So if Im not on top of everything, 99% of my gains are water and fat. At my age thats just not worth it. So my "bulking" diet and cutting diet are pretty similar. Only with a few hundred extra calories a day when im bulking.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So about 2 weeks ago I ran out of M-Test after using it for over a year. You know how you get used to being in a certain state and dont really think about it anymore? Well almost immediately i started getting way more sore after my workouts. Nothing changed but the fact that I wasnt taking M-Test anymore. Very facinating.

So now im not running anything fun, just the basics. A bit boring to be honest, but im having a hard time finding anything worth my time in EU. So hopefully @sns8778 manages somehow to get his niew supplements to market so that I can partake in them!

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So about 2 weeks ago I ran out of M-Test after using it for over a year. You know how you get used to being in a certain state and dont really think about it anymore? Well almost immediately i started getting way more sore after my workouts. Nothing changed but the fact that I wasnt taking M-Test anymore. Very facinating.

So now im not running anything fun, just the basics. A bit boring to be honest, but im having a hard time finding anything worth my time in EU. So hopefully @sns8778 manages somehow to get his niew supplements to market so that I can partake in them!
it really is awesome to stay on this supplement all year(s) along .. sometimes i cant bc i have to test out stuff well thats the price .. but i love the feeling being on it

powermyself still has some left in stock

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i got my packet no tax, they shipped it via france and amsterdam then into denmark driving, pretty cool i guess then its no coustms from pred Nutrition uk
Good Deal !!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Restocked on Intra Workout for the next 6 months!
  • 2,5kg PeptoPro (15g per workout)
  • 5kg Cyclic Dextrin (30g per workout)
  • 100g Electrolytes (1-2g per workout will have to restock in a month or two)

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
View attachment 216462
What do you use to flavor these? Or do they come flavored already? Man, do I miss my HBCD intra-WO carbs... also, do you find PeptoPro to be bitter at all?

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What do you use to flavor these? Or do they come flavored already? Man, do I miss my HBCD intra-WO carbs... also, do you find PeptoPro to be bitter at all?
PeptoPro comes flavored from Bulk, tropical. Its absolutely NOT the best tasting intra, but the effects are imo much bettet than anything else ive done intra. I mix it with a bunch of ice and put it in the freezer for an hour before leaving to the gym. It absolutely taste better when ice cold.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
SNS Recomp20 LOG

It's finally time again for a log! It's been a while but I just haven't used anything worth logging. But I got a nice package in the mail this weekend.

Ill start off with the Recomp20 although ive gotten more that could be stacked I prefer to run them solo first ot see how my body takes to it. Then in the future I might do some fun stacks!

Dosing is pretty straight forward on Recomp20. 2 caps, twice a day.
I will take 2 with my pre-workout meal (meal 1) at 5am and 2 with meal 4 at 5pm.
So every 12 hour I will get a serving.

I've been Lean Bulking for 3 months now with very good results:

My plan is as follows:

August:
Add Recomp20 to my daily routine but without changing anything else. See what kind of results that yields.

September:
Potenitally increase my daily caloric intake while continuing with Recomp20.

October:
Based on how September went im either going to keep going with a Lean Bulk and Recomp20. Or add SNS ThermoScorch and SNS TTA-500 and run a mini cut.

November, December and January:
I will be out of Recomp20 and most likely done with a mini cut, so I'm going back on a Lean Bulk and adding CEL Ecdy-Plex.

Now, its not impossible that @sns8778 is going to release something else that I fancy at this time and get my hands on that. But if that happens I will update!

DIET
My current diet is a carb cycle setup as I love that. I do one low day (recovery day), 4 medium days and 2 high days (leg days). I also allow myself 2 free meals a week if I feel like it. Mostly it's some extra food on the weekend or if my fiance bakes or if we just feel like doing something special.

The last couple of years ive been following The Vertical Diet by Stan Efferding and i've never felt better. The diet revolves around getting enough of all the micronutrients thru a solid food selection and having optimal digestion.
LOW DAYS - 2800 KCAL MEDIUM DAYS - 3250 KCAL HIGH DAYS - 3400 KCAL

TRAINING
Im lifting 6 days a week with 1 day completely off.
It's an Arnold/PPL hybrid.
Split looks like this:

Monday - Off
Tuesdays - Legs (with focus on hamstring)
Wednesday - Back and Chest
Thursday - Shoulders and Arms
Friday - Legs (with focus on Quads)
Saturday - Chest, Shoulders and Triceps
Sunday - Back and Biceps

Cardio
I'm following Stan Efferdings suggestion on doing 2-4 ten minutes walks post meals every day. The reasoning behind these walks are that they will improve insulin sensitivity, decrease gas, improve digestion, decrease DOMS and aid in recovery. I also walk my dogs a couple of times a day. I usually get from 14k to 18k steps each day.

Mobility
I start and finish every workout with mobility drills, stretching and foam rolling.
I usually spend around 30-40 minutes per session at this.

EXPECTATIONS
As with everything @sns8778 comes out with I know im getting the highest quality.
Ive never used this ingredient before and Im very excited to see what kind of results it can give me. With how detailed I am with everything its always pretty obvious if something works or not.
Hopefully it will help me keep gaining muscle without putting on more bodyfat while eating more.
So basically I want the holy grail of supplements, nothing more :D

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This should be a great log to follow given how detailed and meticulous you are! Can't wait to see the results. I've been waiting for Recomp20 for a while now. Just need to get in my next order soon!

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
View attachment 216462
nice simple & most effective stack

I need some HBCD in my life too

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm looking forward to seeing how you like Recomp20.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Looking forward to this !!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
SNS Recomp20 LOG

View attachment 220193

It's finally time again for a log! It's been a while but I just haven't used anything worth logging. But I got a nice package in the mail this weekend.

Ill start off with the Recomp20 although ive gotten more that could be stacked I prefer to run them solo first ot see how my body takes to it. Then in the future I might do some fun stacks!

Dosing is pretty straight forward on Recomp20. 2 caps, twice a day.
I will take 2 with my pre-workout meal (meal 1) at 5am and 2 with meal 4 at 5pm.
So every 12 hour I will get a serving.

I've been Lean Bulking for 3 months now with very good results:

View attachment 220194

My plan is as follows:

August:
Add Recomp20 to my daily routine but without changing anything else. See what kind of results that yields.

September:
Potenitally increase my daily caloric intake while continuing with Recomp20.

October:
Based on how September went im either going to keep going with a Lean Bulk and Recomp20. Or add SNS ThermoScorch and SNS TTA-500 and run a mini cut.

November, December and January:
I will be out of Recomp20 and most likely done with a mini cut, so I'm going back on a Lean Bulk and adding CEL Ecdy-Plex.

Now, its not impossible that @sns8778 is going to release something else that I fancy at this time and get my hands on that. But if that happens I will update!

DIET
My current diet is a carb cycle setup as I love that. I do one low day (recovery day), 4 medium days and 2 high days (leg days). I also allow myself 2 free meals a week if I feel like it. Mostly it's some extra food on the weekend or if my fiance bakes or if we just feel like doing something special.

The last couple of years ive been following The Vertical Diet by Stan Efferding and i've never felt better. The diet revolves around getting enough of all the micronutrients thru a solid food selection and having optimal digestion.
LOW DAYS - 2800 KCAL MEDIUM DAYS - 3250 KCAL HIGH DAYS - 3600 KCAL
View attachment 220195View attachment 220196View attachment 220197

TRAINING
Im lifting 6 days a week with 1 day completely off.
It's an Arnold/PPL hybrid.
Split looks like this:

Monday - Off
Tuesdays - Legs (with focus on hamstring)
Wednesday - Back and Chest
Thursday - Shoulders and Arms
Friday - Legs (with focus on Quads)
Saturday - Chest, Shoulders and Triceps
Sunday - Back and Biceps

Cardio
I'm following Stan Efferdings suggestion on doing 2-4 ten minutes walks post meals every day. The reasoning behind these walks are that they will improve insulin sensitivity, decrease gas, improve digestion, decrease DOMS and aid in recovery. I also walk my dogs a couple of times a day. I usually get from 14k to 18k steps each day.

Mobility
I start and finish every workout with mobility drills, stretching and foam rolling.
I usually spend around 30-40 minutes per session at this.

EXPECTATIONS
As with everything @sns8778 comes out with I know im getting the highest quality.
Ive never used this ingredient before and Im very excited to see what kind of results it can give me. With how detailed I am with everything its always pretty obvious if something works or not.
Hopefully it will help me keep gaining muscle without putting on more bodyfat while eating more.
So basically I want the holy grail of supplements, nothing more :D
Definitely in on this science experiment! ;) You always have such organized and detailed logs!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Chest And Back
Wednesday, 3 August 2022 at 07:04am

Elliptical Machine

Set 1: 10:00

Incline Row (Dumbbell)
Set 1: 15 kg × 10 [Warm-up]
Set 2: 25 kg × 5 [Warm-up]
Set 3: 30 kg × 2 [Warm-up]
Set 4: 35 kg × 8 [Failure]
Set 5: 27,5 kg × 16 [Failure] (Back off set)

Incline Bench Press (Dumbbell)
Set 1: 12,5 kg × 10 [Warm-up]
Set 2: 20 kg × 5 [Warm-up]
Set 3: 25 kg × 2 [Warm-up]
Set 4: 30 kg × 10 [Failure]
Set 5: 25 kg × 16 [Failure] (Back off set)

Reverse Grip Pulldown (Plate Loaded)
Set 1: 40 kg × 10 [Warm-up]
Set 2: 70 kg × 16 [Failure] (Myo-Reps)
Set 3: 70 kg × 4 [Failure]
Set 4: 70 kg × 4 [Failure]
Set 5: 70 kg × 3 [Failure]

Standing Chest Press
Set 1: 30 kg × 5 [Warm-up]
Set 2: 47,5 kg × 20 [Failure] (Myo-Reps)
Set 3: 47,5 kg × 5 [Failure]
Set 4: 47,5 kg × 5 [Failure]
Set 5: 47,5 kg × 4 [Failure]

Seated Row (MAG Medium)
Set 1: 50 kg × 5 [Warm-up]
Set 2: 75 kg × 17 [Failure] (Myo-Reps)
Set 3: 75 kg × 3 [Failure]
Set 4: 75 kg × 3 [Failure]
Set 5: 75 kg × 2 [Failure]

Seated Chest Fly (Cable)
Set 1: 10 kg × 5 [Warm-up]
Set 2: 15 kg × 20 [Failure] (Myo-Reps)
Set 3: 15 kg × 4 [Failure]
Set 4: 15 kg × 4 [Failure]
Set 5: 15 kg × 4 [Failure]
Set 6: 15 kg × 3 [Failure]

Dumbbell Pullover
Set 1: 15 kg × 5 [Warm-up]
Set 2: 30 kg × 11 [Failure]
Set 3: 25 kg × 15 [Failure] (Back off set)

SUPER SET WITH

Incline Chest Fly (Dumbbell)

Set 1: 10 kg × 5 [Warm-up]
Set 2: 20 kg × 10 [Failure]
Set 3: 15 kg × 17 [Failure] (Back off set)

DC Lat Stretch (Weighted)
Set 1: +40 kg × 1 [Failure]

DC Chest Stretch
Set 1: 15 kg × 1 [Failure]

Vacuum Bridge
Set 1: 0:30
Set 2: 0:30

SUPER SET WITH

Cable Crunch

Set 1: 65 kg × 20
Set 2: 65 kg × 15

Elliptical Machine
Set 1: 10:00

Seated Leg Press Machine Calf Stretch
Set 1: 3:00

Stretching
Set 1: 15:00

My training is pretty intense and ive found that a combination og back off sets, myo-reps and DoggCrapp stretches gives a great stimuli while keeping the volume lower. This way i can have a higher frequency of training (6 days a week).

It was a good workout and i felt cute, might delete later :D

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
How long are your sessions typically? From the time you start your warm up/elliptical to the time you finish stretching

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I usually finish everything in around 2 hours.
Impressive. Yeah I second what others have stated - if anyone can benefit from an intra, it's the person doing 2hr sessions.

I've been trying to be "better" about my rest periods. I'm usually 1.5-2.0 mins between sets, but I'm stretching it to 4-5 mins currently. It's extending my sessions (obviously), but volume is increasing due to more reps per set. It does get challenging to get in and out quickly, but I'm finding my energy levels throughout the day are also higher. More intraworkout rest I guess is helping. But fatigue can be tied to so many factors, so I probably shouldn't assume more rest between sets is the reasoning for better energy throughout the day

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
All I Can Say Is WOW !!!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Holy cow! No wonder you need that good intraWO cocktail!
Yeah Ive found that perfecting my peri-workout nutrition has benefited me hugely when it comes to both performance but also recovery.

That is Hella volume
I think it looks like more than it actually is. Many of the sets are Myo-Reps sets which basically is a fancy term for rest pause sets. So i do my initial set close to or to failure, take 5 deep breaths go failure again (3-5 reps usually). Take another 5 deep breaths then try to match the last set. Then continue until i cant match the initial Myo-Rep set.

Impressive. Yeah I second what others have stated - if anyone can benefit from an intra, it's the person doing 2hr sessions.

I've been trying to be "better" about my rest periods. I'm usually 1.5-2.0 mins between sets, but I'm stretching it to 4-5 mins currently. It's extending my sessions (obviously), but volume is increasing due to more reps per set. It does get challenging to get in and out quickly, but I'm finding my energy levels throughout the day are also higher. More intraworkout rest I guess is helping. But fatigue can be tied to so many factors, so I probably shouldn't assume more rest between sets is the reasoning for better energy throughout the day
Rest periods can absolutely benefit your performance and recovery. Ive found that when doing back off sets i want closer to 3 minutes rest to be able to go to failure again. But most of my sets are Myo-Reps so then its basically just 1 (long) set per exercise with minimal rest.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
When I first started working out (1982) I would rest exactly 60 seconds between sets, 40 years later I need about 3 minutes!!

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
When I first started working out (1982) I would rest exactly 60 seconds between sets, 40 years later I need about 3 minutes!!
That's sort my "problem". Cognitively, I feel recovered in ~60 seconds for non-compound movements. But of course, the next set after a 60s rest period produces far less output then if I wait 4-5 mins. And my anecdote correlates well with the research Brad Schoenfeld put out in 2016.