Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm a cat guy, but my Maine Coon thins he's a dog !

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Competitive Edge Labs Epi-Plex Mini-Review

Background
42 Years old
Lifted weights for 25 years
Tracked my food and training since 1999
Natural

Basics
2,5 bottle run (so far)
1 cap with meal 1 (pre workout) and 1 cap with meal 5 (pre bed)
Calories in a slight deficit

Experience
This is a tricky one to put words to, but ill try my best. After about half a bottle i started to notice effects. What I mostly feel is some improved recovery and stamina. But also i feel really full and big while going thru my workouts. Being in a caloric deficit this usually isnt the case. But I cannot point to anything else that has changed in my day to day to attribute it. So im thinking it must be the Epi-Plex.

Conclusion
I love products that one can run as a staple. Having been training for ever I know that results that come fast also has a tendency to disappear as fast. So slow and steady is my jam. Im really enjoying Epi-Plex and have for that reason another 2 bottles ready to go!
In my book this is another home run for CEL!​

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Thanks for posting up your thoughts on Epi-Plex. I’ve yet to run an Epi product, but this would be the one I go with.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm glad that you are enjoying Epi-Plex. I love the product myself.

I think that real Epicatechin like in Epi-Plex is a great training aid for strength, endurance, and improved recovery.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nice review on the Epi-Plex !

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Agreed. Awesome review on epi-plex!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Weekly Report 07.December - 13.December
Week 1 M-Test

Diet:

(Everything tracked in MyFitnessPal)

This week I had 1 planned refeed on Saturday and I ate everything extra right before bed. So last meal of the day was around 2500 kcal that consisted of a Chicken BLT, a pint of ice cream and a bunch of christmas cookies. It was glorious! Roughly 300 grams of carbs in that one meal so my GlycoPhase came in handy!

Body Composition:
(Weight and body fat measured on a FitBit Aria Scale every morning)

Everything seems to be going according to plan. I want to drop some bodyfat to get back to where i prefer to be. Also it probably is smart to work up a buffer before all the christmas foods hits haha.

Activity:
(Caloric expenditure measured by my FitBit Blaze that I wear all day and night)

Monday - Rest (RomWOD at home)
Tuesday - Core, Legs and RomWOD
Wednesday - Chest, Triceps and RomWOD
Thursday - Back, Biceps and RomWOD
Friday - Shoulders and RomWOD
Saturday - Core, Legs and RomWOD
Sunday - Chest, Triceps and RomWOD

For cardio i do 10 minutes warm up on the cross trainer and 10 minutes cool down on the cross trainer. Also i do 2-4 ten minutes walks after meals each day.

So this week i actually got sore from some of my workouts and i never get sore. Maybe it was the M-Test, maybe it was the change up to my program, maybe it was because of i had a deload last week. Who knows, but the workouts were all amazing.

Recovery:
(Sleep measured with my Fitbit Blaze that I wear all day and night)

Im very happy with managing to keeping sleep right under 8 hours like that. Hope i can keep it up!

Supplementation:
(Here i comment supplements im trying that arent part of my staple)

M-Test Week 1:
Except for some subtle improvements to recovery and sleep what ive noticed the most is an increased aggressiveness while training. I feel that i go a little harder than "normal" and that the spirit and will to do so is there. Like i mentioned earlier this might be why I got sore as well.
As for sides, i have felt some twinges in my right nipple but no mass growth as of yet. So Im really hoping It will stay that way! Might just be me being paranoid as well.

Angel Dust PWO

With one of my orders I got a couple of samples of Skull Labs - Angel Dust PWO. Im no big stim guy and my go to PWO is 1 Scoop PES Prolific and 2 Scoops PES High Volume. So this thing looked crazy to me. I usually try out samples or new PWOs on Sundays as thats my one day off from work. So if i crash after my workout at least it wont affect my work.

So i tried this out on Sunday and i gotta tell you, I had one of my best workouts THIS YEAR. I felt amazing, energy, pump, everything. I did crash a little bit as you can see on my sleep stats as i slept a little during the day on sunday.

Of course I also had 300g carbs right before bed the night before. So that might have contributed something as well. But man, that workout was amazing!

The pump wasnt half bad either!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice update! Looking lean and mean!

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice update and i love epi-plex myself as well.

Also if you ever need SNS XGELS ( unsure how xfactor treated you ) but lmk SNS is looking to get rid of some of the stock on sale

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice update! Looking lean and mean!
Thanks man!

Nice update and i love epi-plex myself as well.

Also if you ever need SNS XGELS ( unsure how xfactor treated you ) but lmk SNS is looking to get rid of some of the stock on sale
Yeah Epi-Plex is great, I really hope i will be able to keep it as a staple.

Id love to try XGELS with AE to see how that threats me. But you know, im in Sweden and even with the sale the shipping and customs fee would kill me. But thanks for looking out!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Weekly Report 14.December - 20.December
Week 2 M-Test

Diet:

A good week when it comes to my diet. I had a planned refeed on saturday and it was mainly a whole loaf of sourdough bread with all the toppings!
- Peanut butter banana sandwich
- Nutella sandiwich
- Hamburger deli meat, cheese, tomato, cucumber sandwich
- Whey Cheese sandwich

Then I had some christmas cookies and a big marzipan pig (Norwegian christmas tradition).

Body Composition:

Slowly dropping weight and body fat so everything is going according to plan still.

Activity:

Tuesday - Back, Biceps and RomWOD
Wednesday - Shoulders and RomWOD
Thursday - Core, Legs and RomWOD
Friday - Chest, Triceps and RomWOD
Saturday - Back, Biceps and RomWOD
Sunday - Shoulders and RomWOD

For cardio i do 10 minutes warm up on the cross trainer and 10 minutes cool down on the cross trainer. Also i do 2-4 ten minutes walks after meals each day.

Had some great workout this week, had some good strength increases as well.

Recovery:

Sleep got a bit dodgy this week because we got our new pup and as he isnt potty trained properly we needed to get him out every other hour during the night haha.

Supplementation:

M-Test Week 2:
Strength seems to be on the up, which is great when you think about the fact that im on a caloric deficit. Still feeling that extra aggression in the gym which makes me push it a little bit extra.
My gyno is still a concern, I do feel it but i "think" it hasnt been effected yet.
Ive decided to order 3 more bottle from Powermyself (plus 2 bottle Epi-Plex and 2 bottle GlycoPhase). That way if Brexit really does a number on the supplies, i will have a nice 6 months of supps stacked up (i already have 3 bottle Anabolic Effect).

GLAXON G.F.Y

So I got a sample of G.F.Y from GLAXON in one of my orders and decided to give it a try on my sunday workout, which was shoulder day. Well this thing was WAY to strong for me. I was sweating and shivering at the same time and felt sick to my stomach. Energy was of course high, but came at a high cost. Pumps were non existent and after the workout I just felt drained. So way to much stims for me!​

Attachments

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i just started back on mtest my self .. gonna stay on whole 2021 to test it out

ehh yea GFY looks blah .. i dont like the brand itself but thats just me ..if it doesnt provide pumps i dont want it lol

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i just started back on mtest my self .. gonna stay on whole 2021 to test it out

ehh yea GFY looks blah .. i dont like the brand itself but thats just me ..if it doesnt provide pumps i dont want it lol
Haha a whole year? That will be something to follow, you need to put up a log. Even if you just update it once a month, it will provide us with great feedback.

I liked Glaxons SupeGreens because of the SuperShroom inclusion. But I havent tried any other of their products. Im also NOT a stim guy, thats why my go to PWO for the last 4 years has been 1 Scoop Prolific + 2 Scoops High Volume. BUT when i get samples I wanna try them out. Sometimes its good, sometimes its really bad haha.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Haha a whole year? That will be something to follow, you need to put up a log. Even if you just update it once a month, it will provide us with great feedback.

I liked Glaxons SupeGreens because of the SuperShroom inclusion. But I havent tried any other of their products. Im also NOT a stim guy, thats why my go to PWO for the last 4 years has been 1 Scoop Prolific + 2 Scoops High Volume. BUT when i get samples I wanna try them out. Sometimes its good, sometimes its really bad haha.
I use M-Test consistently as part of my normal supplement regimen. I have an endrocrinological condition and my bloodwork improved so much on it that my doctor suggested I stay on it.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I can def provide updates .. yeah got the idea from the creator of the product itself .. i actually have 2 people on it right now ( has been over 4+ months and spoke with them around thanksgiving and had great feedback .. strong libido and overall feeling great

NY will go in a shut down even if i cant get to gym think i will continue to dose Mtest to reap the overall benefits ..i sleep great on it too

oh yes i have heard good things about super greens (taste wise)

barische

barische

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I can def provide updates .. yeah got the idea from the creator of the product itself .. i actually have 2 people on it right now ( has been over 4+ months and spoke with them around thanksgiving and had great feedback .. strong libido and overall feeling great

NY will go in a shut down even if i cant get to gym think i will continue to dose Mtest to reap the overall benefits ..i sleep great on it too

oh yes i have heard good things about super greens (taste wise)
I use M-Test consistently as part of my normal supplement regimen. I have an endrocrinological condition and my bloodwork improved so much on it that my doctor suggested I stay on it.
I have also been cycling alphamax/M-test for a while now. Definite improvement / more aggression when I am taking m-test

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Competitive Edge Labs M-Test Mini-Review

Background
42 Years old
Lifted weights for 25 years
Tracked my food and training since 1999
Natural

Basics
1 bottle run
3 caps with meal 1 (pre workout) and 3 caps with meal 5 (pre bed)
Calories in a slight deficit (until christmas, then in a enormous surplus)

Experience
I have not taken a test booster in ages and really never felt anything from the ones i have tried. Now at 42 I figured id be a prime candidate to try one. Also Ive come to trust and love CEL products so M-Test was an obvious choice.
Now, normally id do an in depth review with body composition detail etc etc. But because this was only a 4 week run AND because it was over Christmas. it wouldnt be fair to do so as my caloric intake sky rocketed for 2 weeks haha.
After ony a few days i got the effect that i mainly felt, which was an very noticeable increase in my gym aggression. Meaning I could push myself harder and WANTED to push myself harder.
I also noticed a spike in my strength, which was VERY velcome.

Conclusion
I think the best way to describe how i felt about M-Test is to say that after 2 weeks I ordered 3 more bottles from Powermyself, hoping it would arrive in time for me to run a second bottle now. Unfortunately shipping has been hell so it hasnt arrived yet. So I have to end my run after one bottle BUT i will have 3 bottles coming for a later run.
But dont feel bad for me, because today i started a 3 bottle run of Anabolic Effect! So I will be having a blast AND I will be logging it.​

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice review! Sounds like you enjoyed it. Excited for you AE run!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
COMPETITIVE EDGE LABS ANABOLIC EFFECT LOG

Time for my second run of Anabolic Effect! I loved my first run so I have been looking forward to this.
Last time i ran it in a caloric surplus, this time I will be running it while being in a caloric deficit. Also im already taking Epi-Plex and will continue taking it for these 12 weeks!

DOSING

I will follow the recommended dosage which means 3 caps in the AM and 3 caps in the PM with meals.

STARTING STATS

Height: 190 cm
Weight: 84 kg
Body Fat: 11% (Using an Aria Fitbit Scale)

MY DIET

The last couple of years ive been following The Vertical Diet by Stan Efferding and ive never felt better. The diet revolves around getting enough of all the micro nutrients thru a solid food selection and having optimal digestion.

Right now im running a slight caloric deficit as I has a great Christmas and ate just about all the food.
Also since i was in a caloric surplus the last time i ran AE it seems smart to try it the other way around!

I usually have a weekly refeed every saturday. On these days i eat my first 3-4 meals and then after that its a free for all!

05:25am - Meal 1
(511 kcal, 43 g Protein, 57 g Carbohydrates, 11 g Fat)
2 slices sourdough bread
2 slices whey cheese
150 g Pineapple
10 g Cacao nibs
1 dl Homemade Kefir
1 scoop SELECT protein
10 g Hydrolyzed Collagen
1 cup coffee
Supplements: 3 caps Anabolic Effect, 2 caps GlyoPhase, 1 cap Epi-Plex, 1 cap L-carnitine, 1 cap D3+K2, 1 cap Omega-3, 1 cap digestive enzyme, 1 cap probiotics.

06:20am - Pre-Workout
1 Scoop Prolific
2 scoops High Volume
1 scoop Creapure Creatine
1/4 teaspoon Salt

Intra Workout:
(124 kcal, 11 g Protein, 20 g Carbohydrates)
20g HBCD
1 Scoop Viterna Amino (EAA + electrolytes)
1 scoop Creapure Creatine

09:30am - Post Workout
(286 kcal, 28 g Protein, 40 g Carbohydrates, 2 g Fat)
1 cap GlycoPhase
40 g Basmati Rice
10 g Honey
1 scoop SELECT Protein
1/4 teaspoon Salt

11:00am - Meal 2
(460 kcal, 43 g Protein, 39 g carbohydrates, 10 g fat)

150 g Salmon
100 g White Potatoes
100 g Peppers
50 g Spinach
20 g Avocado
50 g Broccoli
20 g Bone Broth
50 g Kimchi
10 g Garlic
10 g Onions
50 g Carrot
50 g Orange

2:00pm - Meal 3
(462 kcal, 41 g Protein, 31 g carbohydrates, 16 g fat)

150 g Ground Beef 95/5
50 g Sweet Potato
100 g Peppers
50 g Spinach
20 g Avocado
50 g Broccoli
20 g Bone Broth
50 g Kimchi
10 g Garlic
10 g Onions
20 g Blue Cheese
50 g Carrot
50 g Orange

3:00pm - Pick me up
2 scoops GHOST Gamer
1 scoop Viterna Collaplex (joint health supplement)

5:00pm - Meal 4
(516 kcal, 40 g Protein, 31 g carbohydrates, 23 g fat)
150 g Ground Beef 95/5
50 g Sweet Potato
100 g Peppers
50 g Spinach
20 g Avocado
50 g Broccoli
20 g Bone Broth
50 g Kimchi
10 g Garlic
10 g Onions
10 g Walnuts
10 g Almonds
50 g Carrot
50 g Orange
Supplements: 3 caps Anabolic Effect, 1 cap Epi-Plex

8:00pm - Meal 5
(436 kcal, 47 g Protein, 16 g Carbohydrates, 20 g Fat)

3 eggs
1 dl 0,5% Milk
10 g 90% Dark Chocolate
50 g Blueberries
50 g Strawberries
1 scoop SELECT Protein
Supplements: 1 cap GlycoPhase, 1 cap D3+K2, 1 cap L-Carnitine, 1 cap Magnesium, 1 cap digestive enzyme, 1 cap probiotics.

TOTAL DAILY INTAKE
2835 kcal
257 g Protein
239 g Carbohydrates
82 g Fat

MY TRAINING

Strength training
Ive been following the programming from https://www.fitnessculture.com/ for a bunch of years now and it suits me really well. Im doing their SWOLE program which is 6 workouts a week and we go thru the body twice during a 8 week rotation. Usually its 4 weeks work then 1 week deload.

Cardio
The programming from Fitness Culture has cardio included, but i dont do any of that. Ive instead followed Stan Efferdings suggestion on doing 2-4 ten minutes walks post meals every day. The reasoning behind these walks are that they will improve insulin sensitivity, decrease gas, improve digestion, decrease DOMS and aid in recovery. I also walk my dogs a couple of times a day. I usually get from 15k to 20k steps each day.

Mobility
I finish off every workout with the daily https://romwod.com/ which stands for Range Of Movement Workout Of The Day. So every day they drop a new workout that improves your mobility. Basically its a series of long held stretches and it takes 20-25 minutes to complete. Once a week they program a Warrior routine that takes around 45 minutes which i also do.

EXPECTATIONS

My last AE run was a booming success so of course ive been looking forward to this very much.
Im excited to see how it treats me when im eating below maintenance.
Another thing is that this time im also taking Epi-Plex and have been for a couple of months now. So it will be very interesting to see how those two stack together.

Im hoping to achive some body recomp mainly but also increased performance in the gym and recovery..

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Excited to see what results you get this time around!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Weekly Report 11.January - 17.January
Week 1 Anabolic Effect

Diet:

A great week when it comes to the food.
I made a slight change to my setup. As i train after 1 meal in the AM i added my potatoes from meal 3 and 4 to the last meal of the day. Ive done that before and it seems to help with glycogen stores when i hit the gym the day after. So I will continue with that.

I think I will start with some light carb cycling when the weight drops slows down.

Had an awesome refeed on saturday evening as you can tell by the calories that day.

Body Composition:

Slowly dropping the extra christmas weight as planned.

Activity:

First week of a new meso cycle and I felt fucking amazing every day. Great workouts, energy strength. Yeah, maybe the AE (but it feels a bit soon) but also i think moving more carbs to Meal 5 had an effect. Anyway it was a great workout week.

Recovery:

The puppy doesnt want to go to sleep when I do every day. So that takes a little out of my sleep time, but it will get better!

Supplementation:

Anabolic Effect Week 1:
I dont wanna be "that guy" but man ive been feeling GREAT this week.
Workouts have been awesome, sleep has been good. My body and mind have just FELT GOOD.
Now its a bit early for AE to kick in maybe, but placebo is awesome as well!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Workout 23.January 2021

Warm Up:

10 minutes on a Cross Trainer
10 minutes foam rolling, mobility drills and activation exercises

PULL UP
2 minutes rest
12,5 kg x 5
17,5kg x 3
20 kg x 2
15 kg x 5
20 kg x 3
22,5 kg x 2

LAT PULLDOWN - 1 1/4 REPS
2 minutes rest
33,5 kg x 10
38,5 kg x 8
42,5 kg x 6

CHEST SUPPORTED ROW - 1 1/4 REPS
2 minutes rest
30 kg x 10
35 kg x 8
40 kg x 6

BATWING ROW
Super Set With
CABLE A FLY
90 seconds rest
14 kg x 10 / 5 kg x 10
18 kg x 8 / 5 kg x 10
22 kg x 6 / 5 kg x 10

DOUBLE ARM HAMMER CURLS
90 seconds rest
18 kg x 12
20 kg x 10
22 kg x 8

EZ BAR BICEPS CURL
Super Set With
EZ BAR CABLE CONSENTRATION CURL
90 seconds rest
10 kg x 12 / 12,5 kg x 12
12,5 kg x 10 / 15 kg x 10
15 kg x 8 / 17,5 kg x 8

SEATED DOUBLE ARM ZOTTMAN CURLS
Dropset 10/10/10
90 seconds rest

9 kg / 7 kg / 5 kg x 10 / 10 / 10

Cool Down:
10 minutes on a Cross Trainer

Mobility:
20 minutes RomWOD

Like ive mentioned, my workouts are amazing these days.
I was very pleased with my pullups as thy felt good with the added weight and i could almost pull each rep to the sternum.
After looking at the pictures it seems I need to do some focus on back thickness and even width. I used to be super wide when i hit my back poses so seems like ive lost something there. Will have to focus my workouts on it when the lean bulk starts.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice back/bi workout. Back is looking lean in both shots!

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
looking good.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Weekly Report 18.January - 24.January
Week 2 Anabolic Effect

Diet:

Diet was spot on this week.
Had a solid refeed of saturday where i ate 3k calories during one episode of WandaVision (which is 20 minutes). So that felt pretty good haha.

This week i will incorporate some carb cycling and see how that feels.

Body Composition:

Weight is moving the right way, but my scale is telling me im getting fatter :D
Im expecting the body fat reading to suddenly drop a percentage soon.

Activity:

Another week of amazing workouts.
I dont go out of my way to increase my caloric expenditure right now. For one its easier to add that when weight loss start stalling. But also Im still battling a inflamed achilles. So the more i sit on my ass the better.

Recovery:

Sleep was ok this week, but I often have to take the puppy out during the night, so that disrupts a little.

Supplementation:

Anabolic Effect Week 2:
Another solid week in the books and AE continues to impress.
Pumps are solid, strength is awesome even on lower calories. Looking forward to seeing how the cut developes.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Weekly Report 15.January - 31.January
Week 3 Anabolic Effect

Diet:

So this week i incorporated carb cycling. I find its a good way for me to still keep a higher caloric intake while burning fat.
I divided it up like this:

Refeed day (Saturday) - 500+ grams of carbs
High day (leg days) - 250 grams of carbs
Medium day (chest/triceps and back/biceps days) - 200 grams of carbs
Low day (shoulder day and rest day) - 125+150 grams of carbs

On my rest day i increase my fat intake a bit to keep the calories in line with my shoulder day.

Body Composition:

Moving along quite nicely, just gotta keep it up.

Activity:

Workouts this week was incredible again!

Recovery:

A little bit better sleep this week than last. Thats always something!

Supplementation:

Anabolic Effect Week 3:
Even though ive ran this before it still amazes me how good AE is.
My programming is ramping up towards a 1RM test and that normally not that good when im cutting at the same time. But my strength this week has been nothing short of amazing.
Ive never been a strong presser and never will. But this week i did singles on 95% of 1RM and they were smooth as butter.

I wish I was someone famous so that I could persuade SNS and CEL to sponsor me. That way i could run Anabolic Effect, M-Test, Epi-Plex and GlycoPhase year round! Failing that I really hope that all the Brexit nonsense gets sorted so that I can keep getting what i need from @bridgey1989 (Powermyself). Hopefully they will also stock all the new supplements that SNS are releasing now.

I am starting to run low on GlycoPhase and Epi-Plex. But I have an order that i placed before christmas with those items pluss M-Test on its way. It finally arrived in Sweden last week, but it has been stuck with customs since. I hope i get a letter soon where they want me to pay the VAT (even though i shouldnt as it was sent BEFORE Brexit). But Ill pay it if that gets me it fast!

Anyway, shape is also coming in nicely and abs are starting to pop again!

Attachments

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice update post. Abs lookin on point!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thanks man! Just keeping the consistency up will yield results.
Agreed consistency is key in anything really! Ecspecially diet and training.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Weekly Report 01.February - 07.February
Week 4 Anabolic Effect

Diet:

Good week with now unplanned cheats.
Ate a bunch on saturday as usual!

Body Composition:

No drop in weight this week, but it was expected as i dropped 0,5kg last week.
BUT i did get my first couple of below 10% body fat readings, so heading in the right direction.

Activity:

Felt strong and great the entire week. Things are really going great.

Recovery:

Sleeping as much as i can. Even got a nap in on sunday, that never happens!

Supplementation:

Anabolic Effect Week 4:
Ive been feeling great this entire run, but form experience i know this is where it really kicks in.
Im wondering if running a bottle of M-Test before starting AE somehow made the first weeks of AE better.
It sure seems like it to me!

Have some exciting things happening this week. I will update when its in the can.
But shake is great, i feel great and pump isnt half bad either!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Workout Friday, 12 February 2021

Incline Bench Press (Dumbbell)

Set 1: 12 kg × 12 [Warm-up]
Set 2: 18 kg × 10 [Warm-up]
Set 3: 22 kg × 8 [Warm-up]
Set 4: 28 kg × 11
Set 5: 22 kg × 16

Bench Press (Barbell)

Set 1: 40 kg × 10 [Warm-up]
Set 2: 50 kg × 6 [Warm-up]
Set 3: 65 kg × 11
Set 4: 52 kg × 17

Decline Bench Press (Smith Machine)
Set 1: 20 kg × 12 [Warm-up]
Set 2: 40 kg × 6 [Warm-up]
Set 3: 60 kg × 10

Chest Fly (Dumbbell)
Set 1: 6 kg × 12 [Warm-up]
Set 2: 9 kg × 8 [Warm-up]
Set 3: 12 kg × 15

Lateral Raise (Dumbbell)
Set 1: 3 kg × 25
Set 2: 4 kg × 20
Set 3: 6 kg × 15
Set 4: 8 kg × 12

Upright Row (Barbell)
Set 1: 20 kg × 15
Set 2: 25 kg × 15
Set 3: 30 kg × 15

Skullcrusher (Barbell)
Set 2: 25 kg × 8 [Warm-up]
Set 3: 30 kg × 4 [Warm-up]
Set 4: 40 kg × 11
Set 5: 32 kg × 18

One-arm Dumbbell Extension
Set 1: 6 kg × 8 [Warm-up]
Set 2: 6 kg × 8 [Warm-up]
Set 3: 8 kg × 15

Unilateral Underhand Pushdown
Set 1: 2,5 kg × 10 [Warm-up]
Set 2: 5 kg × 8 [Warm-up]
Set 3: 7,5 kg × 13

Lying Vacuum
Set 1: 0:30

Vacuum Bicycle Kicks
Set 1: 20 reps

For those that havent read the BREXIT thread ive been dealing with a rogue package for close to 2 months now and its been pissing me off. So to treat myself I did something ive been wanting to do for a while. I bought a custom made traning and diet plan from Wesley Vissers.

Wesley Vissers is an IFBB Pro from the Netherlands who competes in the Classic Physique class. He has an interesting way of training that Ive been wanting to adopt. So i figured the best way to get an insight into it is to get the man to put together a plan for me. I also had him make a carb cycling lean bulking plan for me that I will dissect when its time for me to change from a cut.

His workout philosophy is basically a couple of feeder sets (warm up) to push blood into the muscle and get it ready for the working sets. There is usually 1 or 2 working sets that both go to failure. First is in the 8-12 rep range, second is a back of set where you drop the weight by ca 20% and go for 15-20 there.

I havent been doing failure training for a long while so i really felt this today. It took me over 2 minutes to fully recover between the failure sets. The pump i got was insane and Im really glad i decided to get in touch with him.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Workout, 13 February 2021 at 08:11

Lying Leg Curl (Machine)

Set 1: 20 kg × 15 [Warm-up]
Set 2: 25 kg × 10 [Warm-up]
Set 3: 39 kg × 5 [Warm-up]
Set 4: 53 kg × 10
Set 5: 39 kg × 16

Leg Extension (Machine)
Set 2: 27,5 kg × 10 [Warm-up]
Set 3: 65 kg × 16
Set 4: 72,5 kg × 11

Squat (Barbell)
Set 1: 20 kg × 10 [Warm-up]
Set 2: 40 kg × 10 [Warm-up]
Set 3: 50 kg × 10 [Warm-up]
Set 4: 60 kg × 10
Set 5: 70 kg × 5

Bulgarian Split Squat
Set 1: 0 kg × 10 [Warm-up]
Set 2: 5 kg × 10 [Warm-up]
Set 3: 12 kg × 15

Lunge (Dumbbell)
Set 1: 0 kg × 8
Set 2: 5 kg × 8
Set 3: 10 kg × 8

Seated Leg Curl (Machine)
Set 1: 35 kg × 10 [Warm-up]
Set 2: 57,5 kg × 13

Seated Calf Raise (Plate Loaded)
Set 1: 5 kg × 12
Set 2: 5 kg × 12
Set 3: 5 kg × 12
Set 4: 5 kg × 12
Set 5: 5 kg × 21

Calf Press on Seated Leg Press
Set 1: 20 kg × 10
Set 2: 20 kg × 10
Set 3: 20 kg × 10
Set 4: 20 kg × 10

Lying Vacuum

Vacuum Bicycle Kicks

This workout really kicked my ass and I love it. I really think moving to this kind of training will boost my results.

My achilles is still messed up with innflamation, going on 6 months now. So I have to be careful especially on calf exercises. But i got thru everything today without too much pain.

Tonight will be a refeed which it feels like I need now!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Back Thickness, Rear Delts And Biceps
Sunday, 14 February 2021 at 09:57

Elliptical Machine

Set 1: 10:00

Bent Over Row (Barbell)
Set 2: 40 kg × 8 [Warm-up]
Set 3: 50 kg × 5 [Warm-up]
Set 4: 60 kg × 12
Set 5: 50 kg × 18

T Bar Row
Set 2: 10 kg × 8 [Warm-up]
Set 3: 20 kg × 5 [Warm-up]
Set 4: 35 kg × 12
Set 5: 30 kg × 18

Seated Row (Cable)
Set 1: 35 kg × 10 [Warm-up]
Set 2: 55 kg × 5 [Warm-up]
Set 3: 75 kg × 13

V-bar Pulldown
Set 1: 45 kg × 10 [Warm-up]
Set 2: 55 kg × 5 [Warm-up]
Set 3: 75 kg × 9

Rack Pull (Barbell)
Set 2: 60 kg × 5 [Warm-up]
Set 3: 80 kg × 12

Face Pull Straight Bar
Set 1: 25 kg × 15
Set 2: 35 kg × 15
Set 3: 45 kg × 15

Seated Bent Over Reverse Flyes
Set 1: 4 kg × 15
Set 2: 4 kg × 15
Set 3: 4 kg × 15
Set 4: 4 kg × 15
Set 5: 4 kg × 15

Incline Curl (Dumbbell)
Set 1: 4 kg × 10 [Warm-up]
Set 2: 8 kg × 8 [Warm-up]
Set 3: 10 kg × 5 [Warm-up]
Set 4: 14 kg × 11

Close-grip Preacher Ez-bar Curls
Set 2: 5 kg × 5 [Warm-up]
Set 3: 10 kg × 14

Bicep Curl (Barbell)
Set 2: 10 kg × 6 [Warm-up]
Set 3: 15 kg × 12

Hanging Leg Raise
Set 1: 15 reps
Set 2: 15 reps

Decline Crunch
Set 1: 15 reps
Set 2: 15 reps

Cable Crunch
Set 1: 25 kg × 15
Set 2: 25 kg × 15

Stick Twist
Set 1: 50 reps

Lying Vacuum

Vacuum Bicycle Kicks

Elliptical Machine

Holy crap what a workout!
When giving Wesley Vissers my information I asked that he put extra focus on back thickness in my program and he delivered! This was easily one of the best workouts this year! Really looking forward to seeing what kinds of results his training style can give me.

Back looked full and juicy after all this.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Killer back workout! It's looking shredded. Good lighting to :)

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Gotta find that half natty lighting or else whats the point :D:D
Agreed! Gotta get that edge. Some gyms I've been to while traveling had super good lighting. If I owned a gym i'd make sure the lighting and mirrors were synced and on point!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Weekly Report 08.February - 14.February
Week 5 Anabolic Effect

Diet:

Another good week in the books.
Saturday i ate a bunch of Ben&Jerrys and it was awesome!

Body Composition:

Slight drop in weight this week but an increase in body fat percentage readings.
Doesnt really matter much as i look leaner in the mirror.

Activity:

Tuesday - Upper Body and RomWOD (DELOAD)
Wednesday - Lower Body and RomWOD (DELOAD)
Thursday - Core and RomWOD (DELOAD)
Friday - Chest, Side Delts, Triceps and RomWOD (New Program)
Saturday - Quad, Calves and RomWOD (New Program)
Sunday - Back Thickness, Rear Delt, Biceps and RomWOD (NEW Program)

First half of the week i did a deload in preperation for starting a new program.
As mentioned I bought a personlized program from Wesley Vissers as I enjoy his training methods and i was ready for something new. I have only done a few of the workouts so far but I absolutely love it.

Recovery:

Would like to get an hour more sleep in to be honest.
Saturday I got stuck in front of the pc watching WandaVision break downs.
God damn that show is good!

Supplementation:

Anabolic Effect Week 5:
Now we are really getting into the meat and potatoes of Anabolic Effect!
It wouldnt suprise me if I keep increasing strength and actually manage to gain some grams of muscle even being in a defeceit!

Ghost Size
For those that havent followed whats been happening, ive had my order from Powermyself sent back to them (after waiting 2 months). So im running low on my staples. Among those is Epi-Plex which i run 2 caps a day. To make it last longer ive decided to take 1 serving Ghost Size pre workout and then 1 cap Epi-Plex in the PM. That way i keep my daily dosage up and the Epi-Plex lasts longer.

Brawn Recompagen V2
Same story here, my GlycoPhase is completely gone and I am a big beliver in using a GDA for nutrition partitioning, recovery and performance. So I would like to keep taking it forever. I had a bittle of Brawn Recompagen V2 as a backup if this should happen. It was the GDA that had the most similar ingredient profile to SNS GlycoPhase i could find. Most others are completely different and none had the Agmatine. So ill be trying this to see how it feels.

Powermyself is resending me my order, theyve been amazing. But who knows how long it will take.

Shape is good, absolutely seeing some leaning out happening. So all in all another great week (except my Powermyself order being returned to sender!)

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice work brother. Good to see you pushing over 4k cals on some days.

How many meals per day, and whats your macro breakdown (if you don't mind) thanks

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice work brother. Good to see you pushing over 4k cals on some days.

How many meals per day, and whats your macro breakdown (if you don't mind) thanks
Hey man! Thanks for showing interest.
Im actually in the process of posting an detailed update to my diet. Should be done soon, ill give you a tag when its up!

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Its good to see people in great shape like you are pushing the limits on calories.
Hey man! Thanks for showing interest.
Im actually in the process of posting an detailed update to my diet. Should be done soon, ill give you a tag when its up!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Its good to see people in great shape like you are pushing the limits on calories.
Oh i think you are misreading the data.
My expenditure shows above 4000 kcal on a couple of days, but my intake (which is the first picture) shows that im usually below 3000 kcal from food. I have one refeed day a week where i push calories, but the rest is lower.
Remember im 82kgs and 190cm, so 180 pounds at 6'2. Not a big guy AND im doing a cut.
My maintanence WITH a weekly refeed is around 3000 kcal.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh i think you are misreading the data.
My expenditure shows above 4000 kcal on a couple of days, but my intake (which is the first picture) shows that im usually below 3000 kcal from food. I have one refeed day a week where i push calories, but the rest is lower.
Remember im 82kgs and 190cm, so 180 pounds at 6'2. Not a big guy AND im doing a cut.
My maintanence WITH a weekly refeed is around 3000 kcal.
I must be reading something wrong cause to me it looks like 28,754 cal÷7 days = 4108 cals a day over the week average on one part of the post.

Above I do see the other post with the lower cals with the big refeed.

What am I missing here?
Not questioning you at all brother as you obvious have your stuff together, just trying to figure it out correctly for my own personal knowledge.

Thank you

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Diet update February 2021

Last week I started a new training program provided to me by Wesley Vissers at Vintage Genetics.
I also had him make me a lean bulk carb cycle diet, so that I could have a look at what he recommended me to eat.
As I am still doing a cut hos calories was higher than what i required now. But I did feel that the training program required me to do some changes to my diet so I could perform as wanted.

Ive based my setup on both his lean bulk and my standard diet and I think ive come up with something that will work very well.
We will see if the calories allows me to keep dropping body fat or not, only time will tell.

Its a carb cycle setup with low, medium and high days.
I also have my weekly refeed which has no limitations on anything.

Low carb day (rest day (once a week))

Medium carb day (Chest days (twice a week))

High carb day (leg days and back days (four times a week))

Meal Structure

Each day has the same amount of meal, but on training days there is an added post workout meal.

Pre Workout Meal - Sourdough bread, pineapple, kefir, whey cheese, Cacao Nibs, Psyllium Husk, SELECT Protein, Collagen.
Intra workout - EAA, Cyclic Dextrin (not on rest days)
Post Workout Meal - Cream of Rice, Honey, SELECT Protein (not on rest days)
Post Post Workout Meal - Kiwi, Vegetables, White Potatoes, Salmon
Meal 4 - Orange slice, Vegetables, Kimchi, Unpasteurized Cheese, 5% Lean Ground Beef
Meal 5 - Orange slice, Vegetables, Kimchi, Almonds, Walnuts, 5% Lean Ground Beef
Meal 6 - Blueberries, Strawberries, 80% Dark Chocolate, Mushroooms, Spinach, Sweet Potatoes, Eggs, SELECT Protein

Food choices are based on Stan Efferdings Vertical diet but ive added foods that ive found to digest well for me.
I also like eating fermented foods, so thay are spread into the meals as well.

All meals are salted and has added ginger for digestive benefits.

I train in the AM so most of my carbs are placed around the workout.
I do load some extra carbs in the last meal of the day as I train after only one meal in the AM.

I usually have a refeed on saturday evenings.
On these days i eat what i feel like after 6pm. Some weeks i eat junk, others not.
I do believe that if i didnt do that refeed I could bump my daily calories by 200 at least.
But right now the refeeds are a good "reward" to look forward to each week and probably does more for me mentally then a couple of extra bites of food a day.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I must be reading something wrong cause to me it looks like 28,754 cal÷7 days = 4108 cals a day over the week average on one part of the post.

Above I do see the other post with the lower cals with the big refeed.

What am I missing here?
Not questioning you at all brother as you obvious have your stuff together, just trying to figure it out correctly for my own personal knowledge.

Thank you
Yeah man 28 754 kcal are how many calories ive burnt off during the week, not how much ive eaten.
Average caloric intake was 2985 if you look at the first picture in the post.

Diet post is up now, so maybe that clears some of the confusion up.

Last edited:
BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah man 28 754 kcal are how many calories ive burnt off during the week, not how much ive eaten.
Average caloric intake was 2985 if you look at the first picture in the post.

Diet post it up now, so maybe that clears some of the confusion up.
Yes sir, that cleared it up. Thanks

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Looking great brother. Was looking back at your EpiPlex minireview - I'm about at the half 1st bottle point and feeling super full in my muscles, and looking thicker too. Good stuff! Fuller muscles and some weight loss should be a good mix for me!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Looking great brother. Was looking back at your EpiPlex minireview - I'm about at the half 1st bottle point and feeling super full in my muscles, and looking thicker too. Good stuff! Fuller muscles and some weight loss should be a good mix for me!
Thanks man!

Yeah Epi-Plex is a great product. Definitely a product i want to run as a staple for as long as possible!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Back Width, Rear Delts And Biceps
Wednesday, 17 February 2021 at 06:56

Elliptical Machine

Lat Pulldown (Behind The Neck)
Set 1: 13 kg × 12 [Warm-up]
Set 2: 20 kg × 8 [Warm-up]
Set 3: 23,5 kg × 6 [Warm-up]
Set 4: 33,5 kg × 12
Set 5: 28,5 kg × 17

Lat Pulldown (Cable)
Set 1: 23,5 kg × 8 [Warm-up]
Set 2: 28,5 kg × 6 [Warm-up]
Set 3: 33,5 kg × 11
Set 4: 26 kg × 17

Lat Pulldown - Underhand (Cable)
Set 2: 28,5 kg × 5 [Warm-up]
Set 3: 33,5 kg × 12

Iso-Lateral Row (Machine)
Set 1: 27,5 kg × 10 [Warm-up]
Set 2: 42,5 kg × 6 [Warm-up]
Set 3: 57,5 kg × 12

Dumbbell Pullover
Set 1: 12 kg × 10 [Warm-up]
Set 2: 12 kg × 10 [Warm-up]
Set 3: 14 kg × 12

Seated Bent Over Reverse Flyes
Set 1: 4 kg × 15
Set 2: 4 kg × 15
Set 3: 4 kg × 15
Set 4: 4 kg × 15
Set 5: 4 kg × 15

Face Pull (Cable)
Set 1: 16,5 kg × 15
Set 2: 16,5 kg × 15
Set 3: 16,5 kg × 15

Concentration Curl (Dumbbell)
Set 1: 4 kg × 12 [Warm-up]
Set 2: 6 kg × 10 [Warm-up]
Set 3: 8 kg × 8 [Warm-up]
Set 4: 10 kg × 16

Close-grip Preacher Ez-bar Curls
Set 1: 5 kg × 10 [Warm-up]
Set 2: 12,5 kg × 13

Bicep Curl (Barbell)
Set 2: 10 kg × 12

Lying Vacuum

Vacuum Bicycle Kicks

Elliptical Machine

Amazing workout yet again. Im really loving this style of training, seems like it suits me perfectly.
When finishing the pullovers i felt some fatigue creeping in, but managed to stay strong thru the entire workout.
I got a mad lat pump already mid first exercise and it stayed until the end!