Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
X-FACTOR REVIEW

CEL ANABOLIC EFFECT REVIEW

CEL M-TEST REVIEW

About me:

Im 41 years old, have been lifting since i was 14. I live in northern part of Sweden where i run a supplement store. Ive been working with supplements since 2006. Ive been part of production, formulating som easy formulas, ran a webshop and now store manager. So suppelements interest me greatly. Sweden doesnt have that much of the supplements that are available to the US crowd, but i can order some from UK. I grew up in Norway and there its even stricter. When i started selling supplements there, BCAA's were illegal, so you can imagine.
  • Years of lifting: 27
  • Height: 190cm
  • Weight: 80kg
  • Bodyfat: 9% (according to Aria scale)
  • Natural

Background:
Its been a while since i tried some of the more "exotic" supplements and Ara has been on my shortlist for a long time. So i decided to give it a try now. Im in great shape and injury free, so it seems like the perfect time to try out this.
I finished off a cut at the end of october (it was my 41th birthday and i wanted to see what kinda shape i could get in). After that ive gone over to a lean bulk/body recomp based on some information i got fra Jeff Nippard & Chris Barakat "Ultimate guide to body recomposition". So ive slowly increased my calories over the last month.

My Plan:
Ive read thru the Ara thread and whatever else i could find. I got 3 bottles of X-Factor during black friday and plan on running it 1,5g before training for 50 workouts. I work out 6 times a week so that should be just over 8 weeks with Ara. I will take it with 6g GMS and 1g L-carnitine.

My expectations:
I really dont expect much to be honest. But it will be fun to see if this does anything. I will be continuing my body recomp and not #feed the supplement" so i wont be adding enourmous amounts of calories to my plan. I want to see if the supplement stands on it own.

My training:

Strength training: Ive been following the programming from https://www.fitnessculture.com/ for a bunch of years now and it suits me really well. Im doing their SWOLE program which is 6 workouts a week and we go thru the body twice during a 8 week rotation. Usually its 4 weeks work then 1 week deload.

Cardio: The programming from Fitnessculture has cardio included, but i dont do any of that. Ive instead followed Stan Efferdings suggestion on doing 2-4 ten minutes walks post meals every day. The reasoning behind these walks are that they will improve insulin sensitivity, decrease gas, improve digestion, decrease DOMS and aid in recovery. I also walk my dog a couple of times a day. I usually get from 15k to 20k steps each day.

Mobility: I finish off every workout with the daily https://romwod.com/ which stands for Range Of Movment Workout Of The Day. So every day they drop a new workout that improves your mobilty. Basically its a series of long held stretches and it takes 20-25minutes to complete. Once a week they program a Warrior routine that takes around 45 minutes which i also do.​
Diet:
I love tinkering with my diet, ive been tracking my food since 1999 and im still learning something new every day!

The last couple of years ive been following The Vertical Diet by Stan Efferding and ive never felt better. The diet revolves around getting enough of all the micronutrient thru a solid food selection and having optimal digestion. It was originally conceived to help the real real big guys be able to pound down the calories without bloating and running to the toilet constantly.

When alle the micro nutritent needs are met and one need more calories, Stan suggests upping the calories from steak and white rice. As it digest easily. Now im not in need of those enourmous amounts of calories, so my rice intake is a bare minimum.

This worked great when cutting as i felt full and satisfied and it feels easy to up the calories aswell!

05:45 - Meal 1
2 slices sourdough bread
2 slices whey cheese
100g Pineapple
10g Coco nibs
1dl Homemade Kefir
1,5 scoop SELECT protein
1dl 0,5% Milk
1 cup coffee

06:45 - Pre-Workout
1 Scoop Prolific
2 Scoops High Volume (EU Version so no Agmatine :( )
1/4 teaspoon Salt

07:30 - Post Warm Up
1,5g X-Factor
6g GSM
1g L-Carnitine

Intra Workout:
40g HBCD
1 Scoop Viterna Amino (EAA + electrolytes)

09:15 - Post Workout 1
30g Basmati Rice
10g Honey
1/4 teaspoon Salt
5g Creatine Monohydrate CreaPure

09:40 - Post Workout 2
1 scoop Protein Powder (I use this to try out different products i get to the store)

11:00 - Meal 2
50g Oatmeal
3 eggs
150g Low fat Quark
50g Blueberries
50g Strawberries

14:00 - Meal 3
150 Ground Beef 95/5
100g Sweet Potato
100g Peppers
50g Spinach
50g Avocado
50g Broccoli
50g Bone Broth
50g Kimchi
1/2 Carrot
1/2 Orange

15:00 - Pick me up
1 Scoop Alphamine
1dl Cranberry Juice

17:00 - Meal 4
150 Ground Beef 95/5
100g Sweet Potato
100g Peppers
50g Spinach
50g Avocado
50g Broccoli
50g Bone Broth
50g Kimchi
1/2 Carrot
1/2 Orange

20:00 - Meal 5
1 slice Sourdough Bread
4 slices cheese
40g deli meat
2 eggs
5dl 0,5% Milk
50g Cucumber

Twice a week Meal 5 looks like this:
125g Salmon
200g Potatoes
100g Peppers
50g Spinach
50g Broccoli
200g Low fat Quark

Kcal: 3000
Protein: 240g
Carbs: 300g
Fat: 75g

I roughly 500 calories over where my cut ended and im still dropping weight. But strength is up and i feel amazing so im taking it slow when it comes to adding more calories.

My protein intake is higher now then its been for ages. Last is was this high was back in the days when i has Ken Hill from TeamSkip (And the DoggCrapp forum) as a coach. I remember eating even more back then. The protein intake is based on the information Jeff Nippard and Chris Barakt proposed in their book. I also read some studies showing that as you age, protein intake should increase. So lets try it out!

Supplements:

Im not taking that much other than what i wrote with my diet. But these are staples:
  • Creapure Creatine Monohydrate.
  • D-Vitamin, I live in the northern part of Sweden and havent seen the sun in months!
  • Magnesium
  • Digestive Enzymes
  • Probiotics
The Ara and other stuff is on its way to me, but i figured id get a head start and put this up now as it took some time writing.
Ill be updating as soon as i get my deliveries and hopefully get some conversation going in here.
I am a supplement nerd and love to talk to people with a lot of knowledge!

Last edited:
Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looking good at 41 shyt you blow them 20 year olds out hahaha. I'm 42 and enjoy being in good shape at this age.... I'm in the best shape of my life and getting better as I go. Diet is definitely THE KEY. My diet is real similar. I eat:
A shyt ton of veggies and fruits, Adequate protein, I use carbs to replenish and fill glycogen stores but dont rely on them, a decent amount of healthy fats like avocado and nuts, try and limit meat to one serving per day (and prefer chicken or fish).

My body runs sooo much more efficiently on this diet. I also do IF which helps a lot to with skin, digestion, body fat etc.

Are you on anything else? TRT?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice initial post! in on this for sure!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Looking good at 41 shyt you blow them 20 year olds out hahaha. I'm 42 and enjoy being in good shape at this age.... I'm in the best shape of my life and getting better as I go. Diet is definitely THE KEY. My diet is real similar. I eat:
A shyt ton of veggies and fruits, Adequate protein, I use carbs to replenish and fill glycogen stores but dont rely on them, a decent amount of healthy fats like avocado and nuts, try and limit meat to one serving per day (and prefer chicken or fish).

My body runs sooo much more efficiently on this diet. I also do IF which helps a lot to with skin, digestion, body fat etc.

Are you on anything else? TRT?
Thanks man, appriciate that.
Yes diet and sleep is so much more important now then it was 20 years ago haha. I do whatever i can do promote recovery all day long.

No, not on TRT or anything like that. Here in Sweden TRT is as good as non existent. I havent even ever tested my hormones and the like because its so hard to get that done.

Looks solid good luck! I’ll follow along.
Thank you! Glad to see you in here.

Nice initial post! in on this for sure!
Haha yeah i love having things in a system, i guess thats why training and dieting comes so easy.
Thanks for following along.

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Interested in this!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Not much happening yet as none of my orders has come in. Im hoping to see most of them by the end of the week, that way i can start up on tuesday (mondays are my day off).

But to keep the thread alive I can post my workout i did today.

Warm Up:
5 minutes on the AirBike
10 minutes foam rolling, mobility drills and activation exercises

Back:
Pull Up - Neutral Grip: 12/12/12 - 2 minutes rest
Plate loaded high row: 30kg x 12/ 32,5kg x 12/ 32,5kg x 12 - 2 minutes rest
Wide Grip Lat Pulldown: 57kg x 12/62kg x 12/67kg x 12 - 90 seconds rest
Seated Cable Row - Neutral Grip: 67kx 12/72kg x 12/72kg x 12 - 90 seconds rest

Biceps:
Alternating DB Midline Curl: 8kgx15/10gx12/12kgx10 - 90 seconds rest
EZ Bar Preacher Curl: 5kgx15/7,5kgx12/10kgx10 - 90 seconds rest
Rope Hammer Curl: DROPSETx3 21kg/17,5kg/15kg x 36(3x12) - 90 seconds rest

Mobility:
25 minutes RomWOD

Great workout with an imense pump! Basic in its setup but ill definately be feeling this.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice! Love the pump! Do you know what BF% you are right now? Looking lean!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice! Love the pump! Do you know what BF% you are right now? Looking lean!
Yeah Im a big fan of getting a big a pump as possible haha.
I have a Fitbit Aria scale i step on every morning and it measures my bodyfat using bioimpedance. This morning it showed 8,8%. But who knows how accurate those things are.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Allright! First shipment just arrived! Now i just need to wait for the L-carnitine and GMS!

But now that i got this thread i figured id ask the people in the know.
I got the GlycoPhase for cheat meals, but what do you guys think of adding a serving to my pre workout meal (meal 1 in post 1)? I mean im really lean so insulin sensitivity etc shouldnt be an issue. But seeing as i train like 90 minutes after that workout maybe shutteling the carbs a little bit faster would be a good idea? There is around 65g carbs in that meal.

Also how would taking VasoforceXT 60 minutes after GlycoPhase work out? Sounds like pump city!

@The Solution
@sns8778
@Jiigzz
@booneman77

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
If you are very lean and you have a low BG Reading you would not need any additional GDA. It would be best to save it for damage control if that was your main priority.

If you do want to use for pre-workout it would only aid a better pump due to the profile on the product.
So you can go either way to be honest since you are a very lean individual and will probably blow through the carbs and baseline on your own without any additional assistance.

My best advice, try 1-2 weeks with pre-workout meal and try 1-2 weeks with just cheat meals. Take notes and make adjustments

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Agreed with bob, at least initially unless you’re eating a metric fckton of carbs pre, skip the glycophase for a bit. Especially with the vasoforce, you should see rock solid pumps and nutrient partitioning simply due to the timing.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you are very lean and you have a low BG Reading you would not need any additional GDA. It would be best to save it for damage control if that was your main priority.

If you do want to use for pre-workout it would only aid a better pump due to the profile on the product.
So you can go either way to be honest since you are a very lean individual and will probably blow through the carbs and baseline on your own without any additional assistance.

My best advice, try 1-2 weeks with pre-workout meal and try 1-2 weeks with just cheat meals. Take notes and make adjustments
Agreed with bob, at least initially unless you’re eating a metric fckton of carbs pre, skip the glycophase for a bit. Especially with the vasoforce, you should see rock solid pumps and nutrient partitioning simply due to the timing.
Thank you guys, then we are on the same track. I will keep it for eventual higher calorie meals. I dont usually have more than 1-2 of those a month. BUT this is december, som im expecting some serious christmas dinners at least!

nice physique!
Thank you!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Agreed with this. You should see good pumps ecspecially in your condition mixed with vasoforce.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I was just looking at picking up some Glycophase as well. Let me know how you like it. Good luck with the log!
Ive only every tried 1 GDA before and it was Assass1nate which i really liked. I also tried Defuse but thats a different beast completely.
Thank you brother!

Agreed with this. You should see good pumps ecspecially in your condition mixed with vasoforce.
You arent kidding! I had to try it out today and it was leg day with quad/glute focus...
1 scoop Prolific, 4 caps VasoforceXT and 1/4 tespoon salt. Stuff wanted to explode!

Last edited:
LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You arent kidding! I had to try it out today and it was leg day with quad/glute focus...
1 scoop Prolific, 4 caps VasoforceXT and 1/4 tespoon salt. Stuff wanted to explode!
I bet! Walking like a penguin after the workout! ha

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Another Black Friday delivery!
I got my fiance the Cake Pop for our anniversary and she LOVED it. So i figured id get her more for christmas. Unfortunately its not available in Sweden because of PES started the European production and most in country resellers has that SELECT version and it doesnt have the Cake Pop flavour.
Also got a bunch of bars and stuff for free, so she will love that. Ill take the SELECT samples and High Volume sample for myself haha.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Agreed on keeping the high volume and select samples for yourself! Can't give those up:)

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

So today I got to try out Glycophase. There is a burger chain called Bastard Burgers here in Sweden which every month comes out with a new burger that’s only available that month. So I always take my family once a month there to try it out.
This time is was a Barbecue burger with coleslaw, mango and a bunch of other stuff. It was amazingly good!
So I took 2 caps GlycoPhase 15 minutes before eating. Kinda hard to describe the effect of a GDA but I can say that when I went to the bathroom a couple of hours later my urine had that tell tale r-ala smell that strips paint of the walls.
I didn’t bloat or feel any digestive problems either. But the meal wasn’t that big and I’m used to eating a lot of food. Will be interesting to see how I feel and look in the morning. But I’m looking very dry now before bed that’s for sure.
IMG_7452.JPG

Last edited:
The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
With that conditioning, there is 0 need to use glycophase pre. Your so lean and insulin sensitive it would not benefit you much.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Agreed on keeping the high volume and select samples for yourself! Can't give those up:)
Yeah I mean I love her, but I also love High Volume and SELECT

With that conditioning, there is 0 need to use glycophase pre. Your so lean and insulin sensitive it would not benefit you much.
Thanks Bob, yeah I will keep the glycophase usage to the “cheat meals” usage.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Weekly Rapport 2.December - 8 December

(I wear a Fitbit Charge 24 hours a day, so all calories burned comes from that. I also log all my food in MyFitnesspal so all calories comes from that.)

Body recomp progress:
For the second week in a row I have been dropping weight. Last week i dropped 0,6kg and this week a much lower 0,1kg. But my goal is to build muscle mass while maintaining my current bodyfat percentage so I dont really wanna loose any more weight. This means i will be upregulating my food a little.

Diet:
On point all week except for the meal i ate out on Saturday with my family that i wrote about. When that happens i just switch out one of my meals with that meal and then keep going as normal afterwards.

Because ive dropped weight two weeks in a row ive added a little bit more food to my diet.
  • 10g Hydrolized Collagen to Meal 1
  • 1 Slice Sourdough Bread to Meal 5
I dont expect the Collagen to matter much for body recomp, but i added that for health benefits.
This gives me these changes to my calories and macros:
  • Calories 3071 to 3201
  • Protein 244g to 257g
  • Carbs 306g to 323g
  • Fat 81g to 82g

Activity
I had a GREAT week of workouts. I felt strong and fresh on everything! Only thing that seems to be a bit harder right now is overhead pressing. Its always been tough because of my long arms, but now that im so lean the pressing strength definately gets it worst.
  • Monday - Rest day (RomWOD at home)
  • Tuesday - Back, Biceps and RomWOD
  • Wednesday - Shoulders and RomWOD
  • Thursday - Abs, Legs and RomWOD
  • Friday - Chest, Triceps and RomWOD
  • Saturday - Back, Biceps and RomWOD
  • Sunday - Shoulders and RomWOD
No cardio as usual, i just do 2-4 ten minutes walks adter meals each day.

Supplementation

• ARA- I have not started my Ara run yet as i havent gotten my GMS and L-Carnitine. Im getting it today so I will implement it tomorrow!
  • VasoForceXT- Been using this for the last half of the week. Im a a pump junkie and love my l-citrulline and nitrates, so i was very interested in seeing how this stacked against the likes of High Volume and Ghost Pump. It performed beautiful and the pumps was solid and long lasting. A little weird taking capsuels instead of some weird tasting drink, but im enjoying it.
  • GlycoPhase - As discussed in the thread I have no use for it pre-workout, but i did use it for my "cheat" meal and damn, i was dry as a bone in the evening that day. So Im thinking it pulled both carbs and water into the muscles, cuz it was damn noticable in the mirror before bed.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Today was the first day taking Ara, feels good to have begun. My dosing schedule looks like this:

05:45 - Meal 1
2 slices sourdough bread
2 slices whey cheese
100g Pineapple
10g Coco nibs
1dl Homemade Kefir
1,5 scoop SELECT protein
10g Hydrolyzed Collagen
1dl 0,5% Milk
1 cup coffee

06:45 - Pre-Workout
1 Scoop Prolific
4 Caps VasoForceXT
1/4 teaspoon Salt

07:30 - Post Warm Up
1,5g X-Factor (6 caps)
6g GSM
2g L-carnitine L-tartrate (2 caps)

Intra Workout:
40g HBCD
1 Scoop Viterna Amino (EAA + electrolytes)

09:15 - Post Workout 1
30g Basmati Rice
10g Honey
1/4 teaspoon Salt
5g Creatine Monohydrate CreaPure

09:40 - Post Workout 2
1 scoop Protein Powder (I use this to try out different products i get to the store)

So because I train in the AM and want to continue eating my pre-workout meal ive gone with the post warm up dosing. Like most people have noticed the GMS does not blend at all, so i just chugged it with the pills and swllowed it with a bunch of water.

I ofcourse didnt notice much as it was the first day. But I did get some extra gastric acid build up during the workout. Ill keep an eye on that and see if it continues. If it is constant then I might just take everything with my pre-workout instead and see if that stops it. Yeah i know that will reduce the effect a bit, but better that then to have a sour stomach when working out.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Workout 11.December 2019

Warm Up:

5 minutes on the AirBike

Chest:
Chain Bench Press: 70kgx3/72kgx3/74kgx3/75kgx3/76kgx3
Supersetted with Band Pull Aparts: 5/5/5/5/5 - 2 minutes rest
Close Grip Bench Press: 70kgx10/75kgx7+1/80kgx3x1x1 - 90 seconds rest
Decline Dumbbell Bench Press: 24kgx10/26kgx8/28kgx6 - 90 seconds rest
Dips: +5kgx10/+10kgx8/+15kgx6
Supersette with Cable Incline Chest Fly: 7,5kgx12/10kgx10/10kgx8 - 90 seconds rest

Triceps:
Cali Press: 25kgx12/30gx10/35kgx9 - 90 seconds rest
Seated Dumbbell French Press: 20kgx12/22kgx10/24kgx8 - 90 seconds rest
Rope Pushdowns: DROPSETx3 15kg/12,5kg/10kg x 36(3x10) - 60 seconds rest

Mobility:
25 minutes RomWOD

Woke up yesterday with a sore throat and it bothered me enough last night that my sleep wasnt optimal. So I took 2 scoops Prolific instead of my regular 1 scoop (Pluss the VasoforceXT) and the workout was AWESOME.
Did not get any of the acid buildup from the GMS/L-car/Ara this time either, so that was good.
All in all I felt good and strong and got a crazy pump!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice update pic! looking shredded! Lighting in that locker room is on point to!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Workout 13.December 2019

Warm Up:

5 minutes on the AirBike

Shoulders:
Machine Shoulder Press: 27,5kgx10/27,5kgx10/27,5kgx10
Supersetted with Cuban Press: 15kgx10/15kgx10/15kgx10 - 2 minutes rest
Seated Behind The Neck Press - Smith Machine: 15kgx12/20kgx10/25kgx8
Supersetted with Snatch Grip OH Shrug: 20kgx12/20kgx12/20kgx12 - 90 seconds rest
EZ Bar Front Raise: 3kgx12/5kgx10/7kgx8
Supersetted with Single arm Cable Lateral Raise: 5kgx12/5kgx12/5kgx12 - 90 seconds rest
Clean Grip Shrug: 60kgx15/65kgx15/70kgx15
Supersette with Incline Rear Delt Raise: 3x36 DROPSET 4kgx12/2kgx12/0kgx12 - 90 seconds rest

Mobility:
50 minutes RomWOD Warrior Routine

So i dont log every workout, but i will be logging here and there to keep the log active!

Getting out of bed today was a bit rough! Im usually in bed aroun 9pm and up 5.30am. But last night we went to a special Lucia day movie showing. Its a tradition here that the day before Lucia Day the theater throws this party. Basically you pay for 1 movie but get to watch 2. Catch is you dont get to know which movies they are, only that they havent premiered yet.

We got to see Jojo Rabbit and Parasite which both where really good movies so can recommend them. But that also meant i wasnt in bed untill 1am haha. So not much sleep! But hey, you only live once!

Training went amazingly well, ive never seen my shoulders look like they do now. So diet and everything is on point!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Weekly Rapport 9.December - 15 December

(I wear a Fitbit Charge 24 hours a day, so all calories burned comes from that. I also log all my food in MyFitnesspal so all calories comes from that. Weight and Bodyfat readings are from an Aria Scale, also FitBit.)

Body recomp progress:
On wednesday i woke up with a sore throat and by friday evening I got sick as a dog, came down with some kinda cold. Because of this the weight has been all over the place this week. Bodyfat readings just getting lower and lower though lol.

Diet:
This week I did not deviate from the diet at all. Every day was on point, even when sick.

Activity
Workouts felt really good this week as well. I did have to resort to double scoop of Prolific the days I was feeling sick. But other than that i has increases across the board.
  • Tuesday - Abs, Legs and RomWOD
  • Wednesday - Chest, Triceps and RomWOD
  • Thursday - Back, Biceps and RomWOD
  • Friday - Shoulders and RomWOD
  • Saturday - Abs, Legs and RomWOD
  • Sunday - Chest, Triceps and RomWOD
No cardio as usual, i just do 2-4 ten minutes walks after meals each day.
As you can see my calorie expendature really dropped friday, saturday and sunday when I was not feeling good.

Recovery

Sleep took a big hit this week for a couple of reasons. My fiance worked quite a few late shifts and I always stay up to see her when she works like that. We dont get enough time together as is, so we make it a rule that we eat the last meal of the day together.

On thursday we went to a special cinema event, where we got to watch 2 unreleased movies for the price of one. That meant i wasnt in bed until 1am, and up again 5.30am on friday. Which was the day i got real sick and went to bed before 8am and slept a long ass time haha.

Supplementation
  • ARA-First week done, maybe a little bit more sore than usuall, but other than that not much to report.
  • VasoForceXT- Still loving this product, definitely gives a great pump!
  • GlycoPhase - No cheat meals this week so havent used it.
  • Hydrolyzed Collagen - Added this in this week and I dont know if its my imagination but my skin, hair and beard feels alot softer now.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice update! Loving the detail in this log with the meal tracker and sleep tracker screenshots:)

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice update! Loving the detail in this log with the meal tracker and sleep tracker screenshots:)
Thanks man, I like having thing structured. I also think that when trying to recomp without gaining fat you have to really keep an eye on the details. For most people there is no need to be this pedantic, but i just love doing this so :D

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice updates .. whats the collagen brand your taking ?

I was thinking about adding it in myself.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice updates .. whats the collagen brand your taking ?

I was thinking about adding it in myself.
Thanks man.

Im just using a Swedish brand called Viterna. Im sure there are some brands that are better than others. I just got this because its flavourless so i can have it in my morning coffee with my SELECT. Ive seen all kinda weird flavoured ones that just wouldnt work.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Warm Up:
5 minutes on the AirBike

Back:
Pull Up: +10kgx6/+15kgx4/+17,5kgx4/+12,5kgx6 - 2 minutes rest
Bent Over Barbell Row: 55kgx6/60kgx4/65kgx4/60kgx6 - 2 minutes rest
Single Arm Dumbbell Wide Row: 16kgx8/18kgx6/20kgx6 - 90 seconds rest
Supine Grip Pulldown - Double Pump: 28,5kgx8/33,5kgx6/38,5kgx6 - 90 seconds rest

Biceps:
EZ Bar Reverse Grip Spider Curl: 10kgx12/12,5kgx10/15kgx8 - 90 seconds rest
Incline Dumbbell Curl: 12kgx12/14kgx10/14kgx8 - 90 seconds rest
EZ Bar Bicep Curl: 20kgx10/20kgx10/20kgx10/20kgx10/20kgx10
Superset with 30 seconds rest
Cable Superman Curls: 7,5kgx10/7,5kgx10/7,5kgx10/7,5kgx10/7,5kgx10

Mobility:
25 minutes RomWOD

Starting to feel more like myself again, hopefully ill be back to 100% by tomorrow.
Workout felt great, strength was up and energy was good. Pump was of course insane!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lean as can be! Abs are on point!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Haha well you know how kids are! Give them a week and BAM, big as a house!
Im just waiting for my 17 and 15 year old to come bursting it with bigger guns than me!
dont hold your breath haha

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Workout 20.December 2019

Warm Up:

5 minutes on the AirBike

Chest:
Chain Bench Press: 72kgx3/74kgx3/76kgx3/75kgx3/76kgx3
Supersetted with Band Pull Aparts: 5/5/5/5/5 - 2 minutes rest
Close Grip Bench Press: 72,5kgx10/75kgx8/80kgx4 - 90 seconds rest
Decline Dumbbell Bench Press: 26kgx8/28kgx6/30kgx5 - 90 seconds rest
Dips: +7,5kgx10/+12,5kgx8/+17,5kgx6
Supersette with Cable Incline Chest Fly: 7,5kgx12/10kgx10/10kgx8 - 90 seconds rest

Triceps:
Cali Press: 27,5kgx12/32,5gx10/37,5kgx9 - 90 seconds rest
Seated Dumbbell French Press: 22kgx12/24kgx10/26kgx8 - 90 seconds rest
Rope Pushdowns: DROPSETx3 17,5kg/15kg/12,5kg x 36(3x10) - 60 seconds rest

Mobility:
25 minutes RomWOD

Almost completely rid of whatever ailed me this weekend. Just a slight headache when waking up in the morning now. But it goes away before getting to the gym. Todays workout was great, beating the logbook on almost every list. The close grip bench is a bit heavy, but other than that everything is smooth as butter.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Weekly Rapport 16.December - 12 December

(I wear a Fitbit Charge 24 hours a day, so all calories burned comes from that. I also log all my food in MyFitnesspal so all calories comes from that. Weight and Bodyfat readings are from an Aria Scale, also FitBit.)

Body recomp progress:
Last week weigh ins show how my body slowly came back from the cold or flu or whatever i got last weekend. Started high i guess because of water retention etc, but as i got better then weight dropped back to normal. Funnily enough i ended up at the exact same average weight as the week before.

Diet:
No deviations from the diet this week either.

Activity
Another solid week of workouts. Strength feels good as well, but I can tell that my bodyweight is low and that makes pressing movement a bit heavier than usual.
Expendature was a bit higher on the weekend this week as i was inventorying my store those days.

Recovery
A much better week when i came to sleep last week. Only day that was a bit low was friday to saturday and that was because we went to the movies and saw Star Wars, which i really enjoyed! So it was worth it hehe.

Supplementation
  • ARA - Second week down, not much to report except for a bit more soreness in my arms.
  • VasoForceXT- This is definitely one of the best pump products out there. Very pleased with it.
  • GlycoPhase - No extra calories this week either, so no use for it. BUT i expect this upcoming christmas week to have a few extra feedings where this will come in handy!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Weekly Rapport 16.December - 12 December

Body recomp progress:
Last week weigh ins show how my body slowly came back from the cold or flu or whatever i got last weekend. Started high i guess because of water retention etc, but as i got better then weight dropped back to normal. Funnily enough i ended up at the exact same average weight as the week before.

View attachment 189440

Diet:
No deviations from the diet this week either.

View attachment 189442

Activity
Another solid week of workouts. Strength feels good as well, but I can tell that my bodyweight is low and that makes pressing movement a bit heavier than usual.
Expendature was a bit higher on the weekend this week as i was inventorying my store those days.

View attachment 189441

Recovery
A much better week when i came to sleep last week. Only day that was a bit low was friday to saturday and that was because we went to the movies and saw Star Wars, which i really enjoyed! So it was worth it hehe.

View attachment 189443

Supplementation
  • ARA - Second week down, not much to report except for a bit more soreness in my arms.
  • VasoForceXT- This is definitely one of the best pump products out there. Very pleased with it.
  • GlycoPhase - No extra calories this week either, so no use for it. BUT i expect this upcoming christmas week to have a few extra feedings where this will come in handy!
Glad to hear the vasoforce xt is really doing it’s thing for you! Can’t wait to see what you think after a few Xmas cookies ;) add the glycophase on top and you should be just about uncomfortable with the pumps in the gym ha

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Glad to hear the vasoforce xt is really doing it’s thing for you! Can’t wait to see what you think after a few Xmas cookies ;) add the glycophase on top and you should be just about uncomfortable with the pumps in the gym ha
Haha yeah the extra carbs and salt AND Glycophase sounds like a really good time!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Workout 24.December 2019

Warm Up:

5 minutes on the AirBike

Core:
GiantSet, no rest between sets:
Medicin Ball Side Toss: 10kgx10/10kgx10/10kgx10
Rotational Side Plank: 10/10/10
Leg Lifts: 20/20/20

Legs:
SuperSet, 2 minutes rest between sets:
Front Squat: 45,5kgx6/49kgx6/52,5kgx6
TKE (3 count squeeze): 6/6/6
SuperSet, 90 seconds rest:
Barbell Forward Lunge: 30kgx6/30kgx6/30kgx6
Reverse Hyper - Bicycle: 8/8/8
SuperSet, 90 seconds rest between sets:
Leg Press - Narrow: 100kgx8/100kgx8
Hip Lift to Hamstring Curl: 10/10
SuperSet, 90 seconds rest between sets:
Leg Extension: 61kgx10/61kgx10
Seated Calf Raise: 20kgx10/20kgx10

Mobility:
25 minutes RomWOD

This week is deload week on the programming. Had I known in advance id probably switched it up and done my deload last week as i was sick for a couple of days, but its all good. Volume and intensity has been lowered, but frequenzy stays the same.

Legs is something im working hard on now. I had 2 years where i struggled with injuries to my heel and achilles tendon, so i couldnt really do much except machines. So i did what i could, using occlusion etc to make sure my quads, hams and glutes kept their size at least. Calf was hard to do much with as thats where all the injuries was.

But now im back to 100% but taking it really slow on the heavy movments as to not get injured again.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice workout and definitely shredded as can be in the holiday season! My diet usually goes south with all the good food during the holidays.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice workout and definitely shredded as can be in the holiday season! My diet usually goes south with all the good food during the holidays.
Haha yeah that’s pretty common lol. Just remember it’s not what you eat between Christmas and New Year that matters. But what you eat between New Year and Christmas.

I just like the food I eat and how it makes me feel. Also I’m a Norwegian living in Sweden and between us, the Christmas food here is really lacking. So it doesn’t tempt me much haha.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Haha yeah that’s pretty common lol. Just remember it’s not what you eat between Christmas and New Year that matters. But what you eat between New Year and Christmas.

I just like the food I eat and how it makes me feel. Also I’m a Norwegian living in Sweden and between us, the Christmas food here is really lacking. So it doesn’t tempt me much haha.