sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
View attachment 189843

This arrived in the mail today! Not a planned purchase at all, but i was reading thru the Anabolic Effect thread and there was alot of positive feedback there. Then i read all the logs and found that @The Solution @Resolve10 and @Afi140 all had good results from it. Only negative feedback i found was from @Mowglisml I tried finding more reviews other places on the net but that was hard. Its like no one likes to discuss supplements anymore :(

So when one of the UK distributors suddenly did a 15% discount site wide i jumped on it and got enough for a 12 week run! I will not start it until im done with X-Factor as I havent used Ara or AE before, so stacking them wont tell me which did what.

Also, those that have followed my log know that i LOVE pump products, so how could i pass up on Super Swole! Im hitting Chest and Triceps tomorrow morning and will give it a try then!
Awesome. I hope/think you'll really enjoy Anabolic Effect and I'm glad that you're trying out Super Swole.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Supplementation
  • ARA - Im now 5 weeks into my X-Factor run. I honestly cant say ive noticed anything major. No particular strength gains but maybe some muscle endurance increase. I so have somewhat of a daily pump still so that i do enjoy.
  • VasoForceXT - I dont know what more to say about this other than id never believe id enjoy a capsuled PWO this much.
  • Super Swole - Ive had 2 workouts with this now and talk about pump powerhouse. I do think this gives me a better pump than VasoForceXT, but I need to try it more. Formulas are vastly different so they should give a different effect. Wonder how they would stack... hmmm :D Taste is good and I do enjoy drinking my PWOs.
  • GlycoPhase - Not used this week.
I'm glad that you're really enjoying VasoForce XT.

Also, glad that you're loving Super Swole and glad that you like the taste. It has some really hard to mask ingredients in it and I think we did a great job masking them by having some fun getting creative with flavors.

If stacking Super Swole and VasoForce XT, I would start with 2 caps of the VasoForce XT first but I bet taking the full 4 with it would be a heck of an experience. I don't know if I could take the full dose of each together and still complete some workouts haha.

Sorry I was late following along on this log. You're doing and excellent job and I admire your attention to detail.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
First, I wanted to say that I admire your dedication - to your diet, training, and to this log.

I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying VasoForce XT.
I'm also glad to hear that you're enjoying GlycoPhase; I think it's a very underrated product.
Thank you brother. Yeah i really enjoy VasoForceXT and i love that you put out that version without the stims.

As for GlycoPhase id love to put it in to my regular schedule and not only use it for meals with added foods. But I havent really found the perfect time for it. I dont think its needed in my pre workout meal as discussed because im so lean. But what about my last meal of the day, will it be wasteful as im going to bed right away? Also all my meals are pretty much the same size, so i dont pound the food before bed.

Awesome. I hope/think you'll really enjoy Anabolic Effect and I'm glad that you're trying out Super Swole.
Really looking forward to seeing what Anabolic Effect can do, both to my workuts, recovery and recomp.

I'm glad that you're really enjoying VasoForce XT.

Also, glad that you're loving Super Swole and glad that you like the taste. It has some really hard to mask ingredients in it and I think we did a great job masking them by having some fun getting creative with flavors.

If stacking Super Swole and VasoForce XT, I would start with 2 caps of the VasoForce XT first but I bet taking the full 4 with it would be a heck of an experience. I don't know if I could take the full dose of each together and still complete some workouts haha.

Sorry I was late following along on this log. You're doing and excellent job and I admire your attention to detail.
Yeah stacking those two was just something i came up with on the spot. But damn, now I really wanna try it. Maybe on a chest/triceps or back/biceps day.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah stacking those two was just something i came up with on the spot. But damn, now I really wanna try it. Maybe on a chest/triceps or back/biceps day.
Definitely would get a good pump doing that on one of those workout days..

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
As for GlycoPhase id love to put it in to my regular schedule and not only use it for meals with added foods. But I havent really found the perfect time for it. I dont think its needed in my pre workout meal as discussed because im so lean. But what about my last meal of the day, will it be wasteful as im going to bed right away? Also all my meals are pretty much the same size, so i dont pound the food before bed.
I love taking any gda right before bed, especially with a meal as it makes me slee like a rock... I’ve heard it also can help with additional gh release and blood sugar

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I love taking any gda right before bed, especially with a meal as it makes me slee like a rock... I’ve heard it also can help with additional gh release and blood sugar
really .. ive never done that but will give it a go

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thank you brother. Yeah i really enjoy VasoForceXT and i love that you put out that version without the stims.

Really looking forward to seeing what Anabolic Effect can do, both to my workuts, recovery and recomp.

I think GlycoPhase would be good before any high carbohydrate meals and I think it would be fine with your nighttime meal; that's one I've used it before a lot myself. But admittedly I am nowhere as disciplined with my diet as you are.

I look forward to your updates and when you try Anabolic Effect. Do you think you'll be logging it?

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hm, that is interesting. Im always looking to improve my sleep!

I think GlycoPhase would be good before any high carbohydrate meals and I think it would be fine with your nighttime meal; that's one I've used it before a lot myself. But admittedly I am nowhere as disciplined with my diet as you are.

I look forward to your updates and when you try Anabolic Effect. Do you think you'll be logging it?
I get around 60g carbs on my last daily meal so the amount isnt super high. But i might give it a try!

Yes I will be continuing this log for as long as people are interested. Ive missed having some where to discuss supplements at a higher level with others who are as passionate and nerdy about it as me!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
One cap of Glycophase seemed to work relatively well with 25-50g of cho for myself. I found it to be a delicate balance.. too little cho and I was in the bathroom with diarrhea.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Mini Review

Barebells Chocolate Dough

Background:
The new protein bar from Barebells hit Sweden this week and I got it to my store. For those of you in the US you probably only know of this bar from Stack3d and their raving reviews of it. Although it is about to come out in the US now so you can taste it for yourself.

Barebells has become something of a phenomenon over here. Each time they put out a new bar all kinds of people flock to buy it. Many of them dont work out and have no real comprehension of what a protein bar is supposed to be. They just know its "high in protein and low in sugar".

But its not just here its big. Last year I was in Paris and as the supplement nerd I am i searched out some shops to see what they have. While I was looking over their protein bars one of the salesmen came over to me and told me i HAD to try the Barebells Bars, they were the absolute best.

Nutrition:
Per Bar (55g)
200 Kcal
7,6g Fat (3,7g saturated)
16g Carbohydrates (1,4g sugar)
2,9g Fiber
20g Protein

Taste:
This taste exactly like something we call "kladd kake" here in Sweden. Sticky Chocolate Cake, Mud Cake, Mud Pie are probably the English names for it. The texture of Barebells makes this flavour a perfect fit as it is a chewy protein bar. If you are a chocolate lover this is probably one of the most true to chocolate cake ive tried.

Ranking:
Barebells have 12 flavors available now, all very good but my top 3 are:

1. White Chocolate Almond (Tastes like Prince's Cake, SO good)
2. Caramel Cashew
3. Chocolate Dough​

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Mini Review

Barebells Chocolate Dough

View attachment 190014

Background:
The new protein bar from Barebells hit Sweden this week and I got it to my store. For those of you in the US you probably only know of this bar from Stack3d and their raving reviews of it. Although it is about to come out in the US now so you can taste it for yourself.

Barebells has become something of a phenomenon over here. Each time they put out a new bar all kinds of people flock to buy it. Many of them dont work out and have no real comprehension of what a protein bar is supposed to be. They just know its "high in protein and low in sugar".

But its not just here its big. Last year I was in Paris and as the supplement nerd I am i searched out some shops to see what they have. While I was looking over their protein bars one of the salesmen came over to me and told me i HAD to try the Barebells Bars, they were the absolute best.

Nutrition:
Per Bar (55g)
200 Kcal
7,6g Fat (3,7g saturated)
16g Carbohydrates (1,4g sugar)
2,9g Fiber
20g Protein

Taste:
This taste exactly like something we call "kladd kake" here in Sweden. Sticky Chocolate Cake, Mud Cake, Mud Pie are probably the English names for it. The texture of Barebells makes this flavour a perfect fit as it is a chewy protein bar. If you are a chocolate lover this is probably one of the most true to chocolate cake ive tried.

Ranking:
Barebells have 12 flavors available now, all very good but my top 3 are:

1. White Chocolate Almond (Tastes like Prince's Cake, SO good)
2. Caramel Cashew
3. Chocolate Dough​
these sound awesome... never heard of them before (as mentioned ha)

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Workout 17.January 2020

Warm Up:

5 minutes on the AirBike
10 minutes foam rolling, mobility drills and activation exercises

Shoulders:
Seated Dumbbell Military press
Super set with
Unsupported W Dumbbell Press
2 minutes rest

24kgx6/7kgx12
24kgx6/7kgx12
26kgx4/7kgx12
26kgx4

NG Dumbbell OH Press - Single Arm - Seated on Floor
Super Set With
90* External Rotation
90 seconds rest

10kgx12/5kgx10
12kgx10/5kgx10
14kgx8/5kgx10

Cable Front Raise Single Arm
Super Set With
Cable Rear Delt Fly Single Arm
90 seconds rest

5kgx12/5kgx12
7,5kgx10/7,5kgx10
8,75kgx8/8,75kgx8

Seated DB Shrug (10reps/10s squeeze/10 reps/10s squeeze)
Super Set With
Lying Side Raise (4111 tempo)
90 seconds rest

18kgx20/6kgx8
18kgx20/6kgx8
18kgx20/6kgx8

Mobility:
50 minutes RomWOD Warrior Routine

Real solid shoulder workout today! The pump was fantastic and my pressing strength felt suprisingly OK. Then when i opened the app for the weekly RomWOD Warrior routine i saw it was shoulder focused lol. So doing that AFTER the workout was painful to say the least, BUT i know it always feels good when im done.

Didnt get much sleep last night as my oldest was puking all night. So now everybody in the household except me (and the dog) has has the stomach flu. Lets hope it passed me by!

Ive been feeling flat and "skinny" the last couple of days, even though my body weight is up 1kg since this log started haha. I think its just because ive had some extra hunger going on. Might do an extra meal on saturday just to fill up a bit. I have some "Anabolic French Toast" with Snickerdoodle SELECT in mind!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice workout! Triceps are looking shredded!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Mini Recipie

Anabolic Protein French Toast

Ingredients
1 egg
1 scoop SELECT Snickerdoodle
0,5dl water
2 pieces of bread

Nutrition
358 kcal
37g Protein
35g Carbohydrates
7g Fat

Directions
Wisp egg with water
Mix in protein powder
Soak bread until saturated
Cook for 2-3 minutes on medium heat

Comments
Inspired by Greg Doucette I wanted to try this, but I wanted to make it with protein powder. So Snickerdoodle SELECT seemed like the perfect choice. This thing taste AMAZING. I am using sourdough bread, but one can use whatever. Im guessing white bread will soak up a little less of the liquid, but i havent tried.

Im sure @The Solution has done this better than me, but I just wanted to give you guys a heads up on an easy way to enjoy your protein!​

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Uh oh The Solution has some cooking competition now!;) Those pancakes look good!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Weekly Rapport 13.January - 19.January
Weight seems to have stabilized around 81kgs. So that means aorund 1kg weight gain over the last 6 weeks. Pretty good recomp progress i think.

Diet:
On Saturday me and my fiance went out to our monthly Bastard Burger meal. Its a Swedish chain that has a special monthly burger. This time is was Korean themed, so with kimchi and the works. Very tasty, but strong! When i came home i made the Protein French Toasts as well. I had been feeling all week that i needed some extra calories, so that felt good!

Activity
  • Monday - Rest day (RomWOD at home)
  • Tuesday - Core, Legs and RomWOD
  • Wednesday - Chest, Triceps and RomWOD
  • Thursday - Back, Biceps and RomWOD
  • Friday - Shoulders and RomWOD
  • Saturday - Core, Legs and RomWOD
  • Sunday - Chest, Triceps and RomWOD
No cardio as usual, i just do 2-4 ten minutes walks after meals each day.

Spent 3 less calories than last week haha.

Recovery
Sleep back to the regular spot this week. Didnt manage to hit 8 hours two weeks in a row!

Supplementation
  • ARA - 6 weeks in now, popped my last bottle this week. So last 1/3 of the run to go! Nothing much to report this week.
  • Super Swole - Still getting mad pump, i was about to stack it with VasoForceXT on my sunday workout, but i decided to save it haha.
  • GlycoPhase - Used 2 caps 20 minutes before my burger meal. Now the burger might be higher in fat then carbs so i dunno how much it actually did. But i felt great afterwards at least.
  • Prolific - I havent mentioned this really and thats not good! Prolific is my go to for energy and focus. Every workout i do I use 1 scoop of Prolific with my Pump PWO and i always come to the perfect spot with energy and focus. Ive been using this for year and years and it never lets me down.
Weekly Overview
A solid weeks of workouts and meals. I have been feeling a bit extra hungry this week and therefor gave myself the extra food on saturday. Weight seems to have found a new set point and I dont plan on increasing calories yet. After my Ara run is over i might do 2-4 weeks with just 100-200 kcal extra before starting Anabolic Effect. My reasoning is that i dont want to increase calories as I start a new supplement. It feels like that will just skew the measurable effects of the product.

Attachments

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Weekly Rapport 13.January - 19.January
Weight seems to have stabilized around 81kgs. So that means aorund 1kg weight gain over the last 6 weeks. Pretty good recomp progress i think.

View attachment 190088

Diet:
On Saturday me and my fiance went out to our monthly Bastard Burger meal. Its a Swedish chain that has a special monthly burger. This time is was Korean themed, so with kimchi and the works. Very tasty, but strong! When i came home i made the Protein French Toasts as well. I had been feeling all week that i needed some extra calories, so that felt good!

View attachment 190089

Activity
  • Tuesday - Core, Legs and RomWOD
  • Wednesday - Chest, Triceps and RomWOD
  • Thursday - Back, Biceps and RomWOD
  • Friday - Shoulders and RomWOD
  • Sunday - Chest, Triceps and RomWOD

Spent 3 less calories than last week haha.

View attachment 190090

Recovery
Sleep back to the regular spot this week. Didnt manage to hit 8 hours two weeks in a row!

View attachment 190092

Supplementation
  • ARA - 6 weeks in now, popped my last bottle this week. So last 1/3 of the run to go! Nothing much to report this week.
  • Super Swole - Still getting mad pump, i was about to stack it with VasoForceXT on my sunday workout, but i decided to save it haha.
  • GlycoPhase - Used 2 caps 20 minutes before my burger meal. Now the burger might be higher in fat then carbs so i dunno how much it actually did. But i felt great afterwards at least.
  • Prolific - I havent mentioned this really and thats not good! Prolific is my go to for energy and focus. Every workout i do I use 1 scoop of Prolific with my Pump PWO and i always come to the perfect spot with energy and focus. Ive been using this for year and years and it never lets me down.
Weekly Overview
A solid weeks of workouts and meals. I have been feeling a bit extra hungry this week and therefor gave myself the extra food on saturday. Weight seems to have found a new set point and I dont plan on increasing calories yet. After my Ara run is over i might do 2-4 weeks with just 100-200 kcal extra before starting Anabolic Effect. My reasoning is that i dont want to increase calories as I start a new supplement. It feels like that will just skew the measurable effects of the product.
Really solid progress. As expected it’s never dramatic but “more” than normal which is perfect! Enjoying the extra eats is just a bonus ha

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Really solid progress. As expected it’s never dramatic but “more” than normal which is perfect! Enjoying the extra eats is just a bonus ha
Yeah with how detailed and strict i am with everything some progress should be guaranteed! But thats not how the world works haha. Some times no matter how "perfect" everything is, your body just dont want to respond. I feel good now and hope to continue the streak!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Workout 21.January 2020

Warm Up:

5 minutes on the AirBike

Back:
Pullups (Rest Pause: 3-5 reps/20s pause/1-2 reps/20s pause/1-2 reps)
3 minutes rest
15kg x 5+2+1
15kg x 4+2+2
15kg x 4+2+2
15kg x 4+2+1

Lat Pulldown (1 1/4 reps)
2 minutes rest
35kg x 8
40kg x 6
40kg x 6

Chest Supported Row (1 1/4 reps)
2 minutes rest
95kg x 8
100kg x 6
100kg x 6

Batwing Row (1114 tempo)
Super Set With
Cable A Fly (1 count squeeze)
90 seconds rest
16kg x 8 / 8,5kg x 10
18kg x 6 / 8,5kg x 10
18kg x 6 / 8,5kg x 10

Double Arm Hammer Curls:
90 seconds rest
16kg x 10
18kg x 8
20kg x 6

EZ Bar Biceps Curl
Super Set With
EZ Bar Cable Concentration Curl
90 seconds rest
25kg x 10 / 17,5kg x 10
27,5kg x 8 / 21,25kg x 8
30kg x 6 / 25kg x 6

Seated Double Arm Zottman Curls (Droppset 10/10/10)
90 seconds rest
10kg / 8kg / 6kg x 10
10kg / 8kg / 6kg x 10
10kg / 8kg / 6kg x 10

Mobility:
25 minutes RomWOD

This was a solid AM workout! By the end of the droppset my arms felt like they were going to explode haha. I do prefer a bit higher reps for my back workouts, but with the added intensity modifiers this workout make everything burn. Its now been 4 hours since i left the gym and my arms are still throbbing!

Keeping my conditioning on par. I even think my legs are coming in a bit more now.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ok, lets talk about Greens!

I eat a good amount of fruit and vegetables daily, around 1 kg a day. But ive been looking into adding a greens supplement to my daily regime to ensure i get all the benefits it can give. Do any of you use any? If so which? I settled on one called Mighty Greens from Alpha Plus. its a Swedish brand so i dont expect anyone to know it but i ran its ingredient list thru google translate and this is what it gave me:

Wheatgrass, soy lecithin, spirulina, apple pectin fiber, barley malt sprouts, brown rice bran, bee pollen, pineapple, mulberry, fructooligosaccharides, chlorella, beetroot, oat grass, rye grass, peony root extract, grapefruit extract, grapefruit extract fruit juice concentrate.

How does it look? Would adding cordyceps to such a blend have any beneficial effects?

I blend this into my afternoon pick me up that i drink between 3pm to 5pm at work.

- 1dl cranberry juice
- 8dl water
- 1 serving Alphamine
- 1 serving Mighty Greens
(This is also where i usually had my Ergonine, but alas thats gone now :( )

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hopefully we may have something within the next couple of months that will make you miss that less :)
I can’t wait man. This is my mostly anticipated release of the year!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I can’t wait man. This is my mostly anticipated release of the year!
Thanks. We've been on the fence about it. You'd think that products like that would be staples of everyone's regimens but they traditionally haven't sold well, which is why you see everyone discontinue them (like Ergonine). We are going to give it a try and see how it goes, hopefully we can get the word out on it to make it sell well. Ours will be more comprehensive than Erognine was so the price point may be a little higher but it will have quite a bit more to the formula if we go with it how it looks now.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks. We've been on the fence about it. You'd think that products like that would be staples of everyone's regimens but they traditionally haven't sold well, which is why you see everyone discontinue them (like Ergonine). We are going to give it a try and see how it goes, hopefully we can get the word out on it to make it sell well. Ours will be more comprehensive than Erognine was so the price point may be a little higher but it will have quite a bit more to the formula if we go with it how it looks now.
Trust me I know. I run a supplement store and we sold Ergonine. Well, sold is the wrong word, we had it in stock but people didnt understand the value of it. Im very much looking forward to seeing the formula you have in mind.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Trust me I know. I run a supplement store and we sold Ergonine. Well, sold is the wrong word, we had it in stock but people didnt understand the value of it. Im very much looking forward to seeing the formula you have in mind.
Cool, I didn't know you ran a store. So you see my point on what had been our hesitancy then - it's amazing to me that people don't understand or appreciate the value of making sure the daily use staples are covered. I understand they may not be super exciting and new but I don't think of things as 'boring' when it comes to my body or results, I look at it as covering my bases and with a proper supplement foundation, it allows everything else to work better.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cool, I didn't know you ran a store. So you see my point on what had been our hesitancy then - it's amazing to me that people don't understand or appreciate the value of making sure the daily use staples are covered. I understand they may not be super exciting and new but I don't think of things as 'boring' when it comes to my body or results, I look at it as covering my bases and with a proper supplement foundation, it allows everything else to work better.
Yeah unfortunately a lot of people are in the instant gratification group. So something that promises continued recovery and muscle building effect without it itching or being loaded with caffeine doesn’t interest them.
I mean, the days when I have the most customers in my store is when some energy drink has come out with a new flavor. Or a new protein bar has dropped.
So I completely understand you being hesitant on this. How matter how much one wants to make something unique, profits is what makes a company go round.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah unfortunately a lot of people are in the instant gratification group. So something that promises continued recovery and muscle building effect without it itching or being loaded with caffeine doesn’t interest them.
I mean, the days when I have the most customers in my store is when some energy drink has come out with a new flavor. Or a new protein bar has dropped.
So I completely understand you being hesitant on this. How matter how much one wants to make something unique, profits is what makes a company go round.
Absolutely agreed. There have been numerous times I've made a product or ingredient bc of how good it was or how much it would help people to only lose money off of it because it didn't sell. Then look at some companies that are basically marketing companies that just happen to sell supplements selling a ton of a product that does pretty much nothing that a caffeine capsule or two wouldn't do. Can be a discouraging industry sometimes.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Weekly Rapport 20.January - 26.January
Weight stying stable, if i werent using X-Factor i would have increased my calories by 100-200 this week.

Diet:
Saturday this week was a long day which made me have to have an extra snack, nothing big i just grabbed a protein bar from home. It was a Quest bar so not my favourite kind but it did the trick. On Sunday I went out with my kids and fiance and we had pizza at my favourite place. Havent had pizza in 6 months or something so that tasted amazing!

Activity
  • Tuesday - Back, Biceps and RomWOD
  • Wednesday - Shoulders and RomWOD
  • Thursday - Core, Legs and RomWOD
  • Friday - Chest, Triceps and RomWOD
  • Saturday - Back, Biceps and RomWOD
  • Sunday - Shoulders and RomWOD

Recovery
Not the best week of sleep, but i managed to stay above 7 hours average at least.

Supplementation
  • ARA - This was week 7 so we are getting close to the end of this run! I will of course do a full review at the end.
  • Super Swole - I absolutely recommend people try this, its a great pump pwo!
  • GlycoPhase - Used 2 caps before my pizza on sunday. I probably dont need to but it feels like a smart thing to do. Ive been listening to John Gorman and Jason Theobald and they are REALLY pro GDA around training. So I might be giving that a try in the future.
  • Might Greens - I made a post further up about adding this to my daily rituals. I didnt get any replies but Ive been drinking this each day this week. As far as results go, im mostly just doing it for health. But id love to get some suggestions on other greens to try.
Weekly Overview
Have been getting a big hungrier this week, which to me is my body telling me its time to up the calories. But I will wait until my X-Factor run is done as to not skew the perceived results. Training has been going good, great pumps and strength has for the most part been ok.
Next week is a deload week so a bit more recovery for me then. Which is never a bad thing!

Attachments

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like since you're getting hungrier you need to go into a bulk right after this run:)

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Very nice thread/log. Good work!!
Thank you man :)

Sounds like since you're getting hungrier you need to go into a bulk right after this run:)
Haha nah man, my bulking days are over. I will recomp for the rest of my life i think. Just keeping body fat in check and eating as optimal as possible to try and build muscle without gaining unwanted fat. At 41 i cant afford to get fat :p

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Haha nah man, my bulking days are over. I will recomp for the rest of my life i think. Just keeping body fat in check and eating as optimal as possible to try and build muscle without gaining unwanted fat. At 41 i cant afford to get fat :p
Agreed. Well you've definitely got the "get shredded" diet down for sure. Staying consistent with that I don't think you will ever get fat ha

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Workout 30.January 2020

Warm Up:

5 minutes on the AirBike

Shoulders:
Overhead Press
Super Set With
Incline Bench Trap 3 Raise (1114 Tempo)
3 minutes rest
43kg x 6 / 1kg x 6
46kg x 6 / 1kg x 6
49kg x 6 / 1kg x 6

Half Kneeling Single Arm Arnold Press
Super Set With
Dumbbell Wide Row - Single Arm
90 seconds rest
12kg x 12 / 14kg x 12
12 kg x 12 / 14kg x 12

Upright Row - Wide Grip
Super Set With
Dumbbell Alternating Front Raise
90 seconds rest
30kg x 12 / 8kg x 12
30kg x 12 / 8kg x 12

Arms:
Dumbbell Skull Crusher
Giant Set With
Double Arm Hammer Curls
Giant Set With
Dumbbell Shrug
90 seconds rest
12kg x 15 / 12kg x 15 / 24kg x 15
12kg x 15 / 12kg x 15 / 24kg x 15

EZ Bar Cable Pushdown
Giant Set With
EZ Bar Cable Concentration Curl
Giant Set With
Cuban Press
90 seconds rest
24,5kg x 15 / 17,5kg x 15 / 15kg x 15
24,5kg x 15 / 17,5kg x 15 / 15kg x 15

Mobility:
25 minutes RomWOD

This week is a Deload week so less volume and intensity. BUT that doesnt stop me from getting a mad pump! I always focus extra on contact on the deload weeks, just so that i get the blood flowing.

Dont think ive ever seen the split in my biceps like i can now (when the light is right :D )

Last edited:
Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I eat a good amount of fruit and vegetables daily, around 1 kg a day. But ive been looking into adding a greens supplement to my daily regime to ensure i get all the benefits it can give. Do any of you use any? If so which? I settled on one called Mighty Greens from Alpha Plus. its a Swedish brand so i dont expect anyone to know it but i ran its ingredient list thru google translate and this is what it gave me:

Wheatgrass, soy lecithin, spirulina, apple pectin fiber, barley malt sprouts, brown rice bran, bee pollen, pineapple, mulberry, fructooligosaccharides, chlorella, beetroot, oat grass, rye grass, peony root extract, grapefruit extract, grapefruit extract fruit juice concentrate.

How does it look? Would adding cordyceps to such a blend have any beneficial effects?

I blend this into my afternoon pick me up that i drink between 3pm to 5pm at work.

- 1dl cranberry juice
- 8dl water
- 1 serving Alphamine
I've been using greens powders on and off lately. But the last two tubs have been Nested Greens, and now Orgain Greens. Orgain is closest to the one you're running since it has sprouted grains. I preferred the Nested without the grains just because of mixability.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

- 1dl cranberry juice
- 8dl water
- 1 serving Alphamine
I've been using greens powders on and off lately. But the last two tubs have been Nested Greens, and now Orgain Greens. Orgain is closest to the one you're running since it has sprouted grains. I preferred the Nested without the grains just because of mixability.

Oh, and that bicep split is crazy dude!

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Oh, and that bicep split is crazy dude!
Thanks man!
Haha yeah, but i mix it with so much other stuff that having to chew it doesnt really matter. Ill look into the one you mentioned, I dont think we have it here in Sweden.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This Sunday will be my last serving of X-Factor! I will post a review later in the week. My plan moving forward is taking shape. I have 3 bottles of Anabolic Effect ready to go and was planning on starting that as soon as X-Factor was done. But ive changed my mind a little bit. First of all I want to make sure i know which supplement did what, so giving the body some time to breath before jumping into another new supplement seems like a good idea. I also want to see if I need to add some more calories to my days, and its better to do that without trying out a new products. Or else, again, I wont really know what did what.

So my plan is this. For the next two weeks i will continue my diet and training as usual, no change there. Then after two weeks I will see if there is a need for more (or less) calories and run that another 2 weeks before finally starting Anabolic Effect.

What is that? Sounds boring? Yeah i thought so too, SO... I do have 2 bottles SNS Glycophase that I have been using for when i get a bigger meal than usual (christmas, new years etc) but I think I will try it as a daily staple.

I know I know, some of you has told me its a waste and I dont really need it and thats maybe true, but wheres the fun in not trying? For those that has followed my log KNOW how strict and planned out everything I do is. So I figure if anyone notices anything from this it should be me right? (Or maybe not and it is a waste, but still fun!)

Dosing Protocol
2 caps pre Meal 1 - This is my pre-workout meal and is eaten roughly 70 minutes before the gym, first thing in the morning.
Macros - 581kcal, 52g Protein, 63g Carbs, 12g fat
2 caps pre Meal 5 - This is my final meal of the day. Pretty much eaten straight before bed.
Macros - 680kcal, 55g Protein, 60g Carbs, 22g Fat

These are the 2 meals of the day where i dont use the "natural GDA" of a 10 minute walk after the meal as well haha.

Last edited:
booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
This Sunday will be my last serving of X-Factor! I will post a review later in the week. My plan moving forward is taking shape. I have 3 bottles of Anabolic Effect ready to go and was planning on starting that as soon as X-Factor was done. But ive changed my mind a little bit. First of all I want to make sure i know which supplement did what, so giving the body some time to breath before jumping into another new supplement seems like a good idea. I also want to see if I need to add some more calories to my days, and its better to do that without trying out a new products. Or else, again, I wont really know what did what.

So my plan is this. For the next two weeks i will continue my diet and training as usual, no change there. Then after two weeks I will see if there is a need for more (or less) calories and run that another 2 weeks before finally starting Anabolic Effect.

What is that? Sounds boring? Yeah i thought so too, SO... I do have 2 bottles SNS Glycophase that I have been using for when i get a bigger meal than usual (christmas, new years etc) but I think I will try it as a daily staple.

I know I know, some of you has told me its a waste and I dont really need it and thats maybe true, but wheres the fun in not trying? For those that has followed my log KNOW how strict and planned out everything I do is. So I figure if anyone notices anything from this it should be me right? (Or maybe not and it is a waste, but still fun!)

Dosing Protocol
2 caps pre Meal 1 - This is my pre-workout meal and is eaten roughly 70 minutes before the gym.
2 caps pre Meal 5 - This is my final meal of the day. Pretty much eaten straight before bed.
Taking caps pre workout and pre bed I would exepct even at your level of leanness to have a pretty noticable effect in areas other than just the normal gda area... pre you will see better pumps and likely feel a bit easier in terms of digestion prior to the workout (maybe even allowing you to add some more food or carbs should you want). Pre bed I expect you will feel some of the deeper sleep and recovery benefits that gda products can have... You will be a great candidate to showcase (or not?) how those two areas might be impacted so I, for one, would love to see you continue (or new) to log for that portion!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Dosing Protocol
2 caps pre Meal 1 - This is my pre-workout meal and is eaten roughly 70 minutes before the gym, first thing in the morning.

These are the 2 meals of the day where i dont use the "natural GDA" of a 10 minute walk after the meal as well haha.
I look forward to seeing your results on GlycoPhase. I think you'll be very happy with it.

I've read where some have told you that its a waste, but I respectfully disagree. I think you'll be very happy with it. I would expect you to see good increased muscle fullness, leanness, and maybe some recomp. Of course not but so much in two weeks, but that's what I would expect in general with it.

When GDA's first came out, there was more said about using them to help harness the anabolic effects of insulin where now they seem to be more associated with blood sugar control. When we were designing GlycoPhase, that was a big part that the group of us doing the formula focused on was making a true GDA, not just a blood sugar control product. I hope that makes sense.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Taking caps pre workout and pre bed I would exepct even at your level of leanness to have a pretty noticable effect in areas other than just the normal gda area... pre you will see better pumps and likely feel a bit easier in terms of digestion prior to the workout (maybe even allowing you to add some more food or carbs should you want). Pre bed I expect you will feel some of the deeper sleep and recovery benefits that gda products can have... You will be a great candidate to showcase (or not?) how those two areas might be impacted so I, for one, would love to see you continue (or new) to log for that portion!
Yeah those are the effects im hoping for! Pump and sleep is life (hm, that came out wrong!) Digestion is a big thing for me and a big reason why i love The Vertical Diet for food choices.

If i see the need for more calories to be added my priorities are:
  • Post Workout
  • Pre Workout Meal
  • Meal 5
So that would work perfect with the Glycophase.

So what do you reckon is best? Continue this log or start a new?

I look forward to seeing your results on GlycoPhase. I think you'll be very happy with it.

I've read where some have told you that its a waste, but I respectfully disagree. I think you'll be very happy with it. I would expect you to see good increased muscle fullness, leanness, and maybe some recomp. Of course not but so much in two weeks, but that's what I would expect in general with it.

When GDA's first came out, there was more said about using them to help harness the anabolic effects of insulin where now they seem to be more associated with blood sugar control. When we were designing GlycoPhase, that was a big part that the group of us doing the formula focused on was making a true GDA, not just a blood sugar control product. I hope that makes sense.
Those are all the things i want in life (almost!) so that would be perfect. BUT I will be running both bottles so it will last me longer than 2 weeks (i hope)

I absolutely understand what you mean. Ive always seen GDAs more for nutrient absorption.

I was listening to an episode of the Elite Physique University Podcast with John Gorman and Jason Theobald that was all about nutrient timing. Jason is a big proponent of GDAs himself (he also does sell one) and he even talked about using it post workout. But Ive always read that post workout GDAs are not needed. What is your thought on that?

Last edited:
booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yeah those are the effects im hoping for! Pump and sleep is life (hm, that came out wrong!) Digestion is a big thing for me and a big reason why i love The Vertical Diet for food choices.

If i see the need for more calories to be added my priorities are:
  • Post Workout
  • Pre Workout Meal
  • Meal 5
So that would work perfect with the Glycophase.

So what do you reckon is best? Continue this log or start a new?

Those are all the things i want in life (almost!) so that would be perfect. BUT I will be running both bottles so it will last me longer than 2 weeks (i hope)

I absolutely understand what you mean. Ive always seen GDAs more for nutrient absorption.

I was listening to an episode of the Elite Physique University Podcast with John Gorman and Jason Theobald that was all about nutrient timing. Jason is a big proponent of GDAs himself (he also does sell one) and he even talked about using it post workout. But Ive always read that post workout GDAs are not needed. What is your thought on that?
I say keep this log rolling since you’ve already got so much good info and a title that suggest other supps besides just Xgels.

Personally I use them occasionally post workout just for the digestion boost since I often eat a huge meal post

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I say keep this log rolling since you’ve already got so much good info and a title that suggest other supps besides just Xgels.

Personally I use them occasionally post workout just for the digestion boost since I often eat a huge meal post
Thanks, yeah I’ll just keep this one going. I’ll see if I can change the title someway.

Makes sense if you get in a big meal yeah. Most of my meals tend to be around the same size.

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Weekly Rapport 27.January - 02.February
Weight is stable but my body fat readings keep dropping, thats always nice haha. No way im at 10% body fat anyway!

Diet:
No deviations on the diet this week!

Activity (Deload Week)
  • Tuesday - Chest, Back and RomWOD
  • Wednesday - Legs and RomWOD
  • Thursday - Shoulders, Triceps, Biceps and RomWOD
  • Friday - Core and RomWOD
  • Sunday - Chest, Back, Triceps, Biceps and RomWOD

Recovery
Almost 8 hours average! But thats just because i had a couple of monster sleeping sessions haha.

Supplementation
  • ARA - Week 8 and final week is over. I think i have like 6 caps left or something, so Ill use them on Tuesdays workout so to not waste them. Final review will hopefully be up this week.
  • GlycoPhase - Gonna start taking this daily this week, looking forward to it.
Weekly Overview
As it has been a deload week my gym time has been a bit lower, so ive been able to focus more on recovery. Ive gotten 10-15 minutes in the sauna after each workout, which feels amazing. Hopefully it will make a difference.
Ive been having some pain in my forearm this week, i think its my brachioradialis. It feels like some kind of inflammation or tendonitis. Probably just been working to hard. I dunno if the Ara had anything to do with it. Ill just keep stretching and trigger rolling it in hope of making it better.

Last edited:
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks, yeah I’ll just keep this one going. I’ll see if I can change the title someway.

Makes sense if you get in a big meal yeah. Most of my meals tend to be around the same size.
If you PM the admin he should be able to change it for you.