Mobile Phones in the Bedroom: Trajectories of Sleep Habits and Subsequent Adolescent

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
Mobile Phones in the Bedroom: Trajectories of Sleep Habits and Subsequent Adolescent Psychosocial Development

Mobile phones are an essential part of an adolescent's life, leading them to text, phone, or message into the night. Longitudinal latent growth models were used to examine relations between changes in adolescent night‐time mobile phone use, changes in sleep behavior, and changes in well‐being (depressed mood, externalizing behavior, self‐esteem, and coping) for 1,101 students (43% male) between 13 and 16 years old. Both night‐time mobile phone use and poor sleep behavior underwent positive linear growth over time. Increased night‐time mobile phone use was directly associated with increased externalizing behavior and decreased self‐esteem and coping. Changes in sleep behavior mediated the relation between early changes in night‐time mobile phone use and later increases in depressed mood and externalizing behavior and later declines in self‐esteem and coping.

Thus, communicating via mobile phones “into the night” likely contributes to sleep problems, which in turn may lead to increases in a wide range of psychosocial problems—from mental health symptoms to poor coping and self‐esteem. Indeed, a body of research has documented negative consequences of excessive use of other electronic media (Hale & Guan, 2015; Vernon, Barber, & Modecki, 2015; Vernon et al., 2017), and we argue these negative effects may be due, in part, to technology's potential for replacing other tasks necessary for healthy development, such as sleep.

source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28556891[/quote]

The reason I decided to become a rep for Millennium Sport Technologies was Somnidren-GH. In a few nights of consistent dosing, I was able to push myself into a deep, tranquil sleep, gearing me up for an energetic day. Somnidren-GH ULTRA™ is a target response sleep and growth hormone potentiator formulated to maximize recuperative REM sleep and natural growth hormone production while reducing stress and anxiety, and promoting a favorable anabolic environment while sleeping. Without the stress of poor sleep (and as a byproduct, poor health) weighing me down, it has freed me (and many others) to enjoy life. Put the phones down an hour early tonight, turn the lights off, and allow your brain to do it's job. A better life awaits you one restful night at a time.

Somindren-GH by no means should be used in place of adequate sleep time, but rather an aid. It's meant to supplement you in the same way multi-vitamins supplement you with more vitamins and minerals. It's an aid to fill in those gaps left from diet. Don't let it be an excuse for poor sleep habits. Let it serve as a guide to you alone.

For the month of May, please enjoy MST's 50% code to save! Use coupon code MAY50 in checkout and stock up on all your favorite MST goodies! Or try something that you have been putting off. Now is your time.

For more info on Somnidren-GH, follow the jump to the product page here.

SLEEP WELL!

John Smeton