Awards
re: kava

I read somewhere that it can cause liver damage dudes:

www dot nccam.nih.gov/health/alerts/kava/[/url]

bryan4980

Awards
I read somewhere that it can cause liver damage dudes:

www dot nccam.nih.gov/health/alerts/kava/[/url]
They had issues with liver problems for people in the UK, I believe I read that was because some vendors were using the whole plant and not just the roots. Supposedly the roots don't have a toxic element that the rest of the plant does.

Maxwell600

Maxwell600

Awards
  • Established
2nd time - Success! But...

Mixed 4 tablespoons root powder with coconut milk and pineapple juice. Blended for 10 minutes and let sit in fridge for 30 minutes. Removed and blended 1 extra minute. Chugged entire mixture down without gagging. After an hour I was definitely feeling it. A warm, relaxed, glowing feeling. But under that was a sickly, vile, stomach-churning feeling that I wished would go away. Burps were unbelievably nasty! Still....it was a nice feeling and after another hour or so I felt it fade a little, so I mixed up another 4 tablespoons and chugged that. The good feeling did not come back, but the bad one did. I went to bed thinking I would wake up and puke any minute...but never did.

Next day I felt so awful I did not go into work. My head was a cluster-f*ck and my stomach wasn't much better.

Morale of the story: it's a nice buzz, warm and relaxing, but not worth the price.

Two days later...Ready for more hair of the dog...

Concocted 4 tablespoon mixture and thinking the root was to blame for my stomach problems, I tried to strain out root powder with a paint strainer. It did not work; mixture was too thick. Said f*ck it and chugged it down anyway. Did not feel much, so after an hour made another concoction. Managed to eat a bite of nourishment and stomach felt ok (sans nasty burbs). It hit hard at this point. Whole body was warm and glowing. Music sounded wonderful and tongue was totally numb. There was a slight wavy feeling aka being drunk, but totally pleasurable.

2nd morale: Next time I would definitely like to try the gelcaps. To hell with this sickly feeling and having to hold my nose drinking that awful brew.
how many 150mg caps equals 4 tbsp?

GotTest

GotTest

Awards
  • Established
Is that a reverse tolerance, or does it just build up in your system?
I think this is more of a "build up" issue. Islanders who abused kava kava were having horrible skin issues and were treated by stopping use of drink.

GotTest

GotTest

Awards
  • Established
They had issues with liver problems for people in the UK, I believe I read that was because some vendors were using the whole plant and not just the roots. Supposedly the roots don't have a toxic element that the rest of the plant does.
Yes, it was found that not only was the entire plant used, but the issues of kava induce liver toxicity was due to the alchohol extracted concentrated capsules, NOT the traditional kava kava drink.

"Kava juice" is also known to have a detox effect as well and contains the liver friendly glutathione which is broken down when exposed to alcohol.

nothingbetter

Awards
I am ordering the Full Spectrum Kavalactone Paste from the Kona Kava farm and looking forward to trying it.

Anyone have suggestions on how to dose with that? You roll it into a pea sized ball and then just eat it or mix it with some orange juice? I am lazy and dont have the blenders or anything else to extract it, so I need an easy and effective way taking the paste. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am ordering the Full Spectrum Kavalactone Paste from the Kona Kava farm and looking forward to trying it.

Anyone have suggestions on how to dose with that? You roll it into a pea sized ball and then just eat it or mix it with some orange juice? I am lazy and dont have the blenders or anything else to extract it, so I need an easy and effective way taking the paste. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
A few pea sized balls and you are good man.

Adams

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
I really wish i would have went for the paste....for these reason.

- The taste is prolly much more tolerable.
- Ease of taking the dose, no filtering, drinking a bunch of water, juice, shake, etc...

I didnt even bring it with me the weekend i mentioned. I havent actually tried it recently at all. I might sometime this week or weekend.

Brother

Brother

Awards
I have some Kava and all I have to say is .....WTF is all the hype about? It made my tounge numb..... made my stomach not so happy and whatever I felt wore off pretty fast. Ive tried blending it as well for 10 min...it made it hot which isnt good.... I may be doing something wrong but Id rather have a glass or two of wine and take a rip off the ol bong and call it a day. Its not that great from my experience. Anyt tips would be great. I still have alot left.

GotTest

GotTest

Awards
  • Established
I have some Kava and all I have to say is .....WTF is all the hype about? It made my tounge numb..... made my stomach not so happy and whatever I felt wore off pretty fast. Ive tried blending it as well for 10 min...it made it hot which isnt good.... I may be doing something wrong but Id rather have a glass or two of wine and take a rip off the ol bong and call it a day. Its not that great from my experience. Anyt tips would be great. I still have alot left.
I had to laugh after reading through some of these experiences :toofunny:

Listen guys...Kava is juice is a totally different animal.
This ain't Yaeger Bombs or a hit of sinsi bud.

It's not like you are going to kick back a couple glasses and go...Whoa dude, I'm wasted!:blink:

Kick back a glass and wait. Throw down another an wait.
Kava will take a good solid week to build up in your system, then it won't take much at all to feel the effects.

If you can't handle the taste...pick up some micronized Kava Powder. This stuff mixes well and still gives you the numb tongue...which I love. It also blends well into any drink.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
haha. I have yet to try it again. i get frustrated when i try to drink it. i put it in a sample of 2:1:1 recovery by ON. The Massive Chocolate one or whatever, it didnt mask it much at all. A little but, the recovery shake was so heavy i couldnt get it all down.
Good luck. I have some powder with 4tbl spoons missin if anyone is interestead.

dankbro

Awards
I got a free sample form iamshaman once and wasn't impressed... I think I have to give it another chance.

nub

Awards
I don't tend to feel much unless I do a huge dose, it stacks pretty well with weed, and gives vivid dreams. Good ****.

skyzer

Awards
For few thousand years there’ve been nothing better created, than Alcohol.
Perhaps for some Papua’s kava- kava is better, or for Middle East people
weed is better, because of the race differences, but look in the Bible,
Jesus don't smoke weed and don't drink kava, but he does drink wine.
I just don't understand why, European man would drink some mud-type
roots instead of taking few glasses of nice Red Cabernet or 4-5 fl oz of nice
Single malt Scotch??? It's not only have better effect and taste much better
and it's even cost less.. Why eat, smoke, drink all this shaman
weed and roots? I'm sure if Papua people have some money, they’ll surely
prefer nice Scotch over pound of mud... It's really funny though..
Overall this forum was nice to read.. Thank you guys for all your experiences..
I'll take my few shots of Russian Vodka with caviar. Have a nice day! ;)

Josh76

Awards
I tryed kava root once along time ago. The diretions said to chew on the root for a couple minutes, and then spit it in to a bowl of...I forget if it was water or alcahol or what. You let it soak for a few minutes, then strain out the root, and drink the liquid. Your mouth gets all numb from chewing it, and it tastes a little funky. Anyways my girlfriend couldn't take the taste of the drink, so I drank her's too. I was pretty messed up when it started kicking in. Almost like an alcahol buzz, but a bit different. More of a floating feeling.

Mars1107

the only thing bad about kava, is that it causes stomach discomfort and may elevate liver enzymes.

But, yeah it doesnt get you high, it just relieves anxiety and mild pain relief.

Plus i think it would mix well with kratom, since it mixes well with opiods.

Kratom is also adds a little bit of anxiety relief to sativa bud, haha, especially if you take enough to make you paranoid(high amounts!)

Mars1107

For few thousand years there’ve been nothing better created, than Alcohol.
Perhaps for some Papua’s kava- kava is better, or for Middle East people
weed is better, because of the race differences, but look in the Bible,
Jesus don't smoke weed and don't drink kava, but he does drink wine.
I just don't understand why, European man would drink some mud-type
roots instead of taking few glasses of nice Red Cabernet or 4-5 fl oz of nice
Single malt Scotch??? It's not only have better effect and taste much better
and it's even cost less.. Why eat, smoke, drink all this shaman
weed and roots? I'm sure if Papua people have some money, they’ll surely
prefer nice Scotch over pound of mud... It's really funny though..
Overall this forum was nice to read.. Thank you guys for all your experiences..
I'll take my few shots of Russian Vodka with caviar. Have a nice day! ;)
alcohol suck! unless you only drink a little little bit.

purebred

Here to revive an age-old thread with one question as I am deciding what my order on Kona Kava Farm will consist of:

Any recommendations and/or specific differences I should be aware of when deciding between the 84% kavalactone paste and the 84% full spectrum paste?

From the looks of it, it seems the 84% kavalactone paste contains a higher potency. I e-mailed the folks @ KKF my question so I will post the response I receive when it arrives, folks.

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
HMMM. this looks interesting. Just found out about Kava like 2 days ago. In for some knowledge!!!

purebred

Response to my initial inquiry from KKF:

Kona Kava Farm question: What are the major differences, if any, between 84%
kavalactone paste and the 84% full spectrum paste? Is potency one of the
most evident differences? Thank you for your time in advance!
Hello-

The 84% kavalactone paste is made from isolating the single active
ingredient in kava which is then concentrated to a stronger product than the
full spectrum paste which is made from the whole root.

Aloha no,
Lea

purebred

Just got my 84% kavalactone paste in the mail today. It's a very small container, as there is only .5 ounces contained in it, and it smells very unpleasant but nothing to throw up over or make a fuss about. It's just not going to be enjoyable taking this stuff down but I'll probably be chasing it down with some juice to kill that horrid plant taste. I need to study a few hrs and I will most likely be taking some later on in the evening when I'm with my lady.

And fellas, I do not kiss and tell so don't hold your breaths LOL :D

Here's a pic of the container:

anabolicRyan1

Awards
  • Established
If you only wind up kissing, of course you wouldn't tell. :p

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Johnston Supplements 14
macdady Recipes 0
macdady Post Cycle Therapy 0
Whacked Nutrition / Health 8
themondtster Recipes 1