mitochondria and long term results

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
Not for short term studying results, but for long term energy, oxygen efficiency, and intelligence, what about improvement of mitochondrial function in the brain and in the body?

My studies have suggested the use of taurine, B6, B12, Ubiquinol, PQQ, and Shilajit Extract combined has a powerful effect on both the effectiveness and health of the little atp makers, but PQQ actually creates new mitochondria especially in the brain and heart areas. Adding these to exercise which already helps atp increases could be optimal.

As far as memory enhancers go I still like aniracetam with piracetam, and add bacopa to that for long term for extra socialization effect and mental sharpness. Most of the stims are good too, until they aren't anymore and your adrenal reserves are burnt out short term or long term. There is also Forskolin and Quercitin combinations that enhance visual memory even better than the racetams, yet gives side effects to everyone if overdosed, and some people at proper doses if used too long.

There are other supplements that give great endurance energy and some even increase oxygen efficiency somewhat like a good quality Cordyceps, Acetyl-Carnitine, Rhodiola Rosea. and some others. One could add the NO supplements to the list such as Citrilline Malate and horney goat weed.

Some people have suggested that the effects of NO are secondary in the long term to organic sulfur in combination with plenty of sunshine vitamin D (oil based D3 is okay but not as good), dietary cholesterol, and a couple of other things that I'll have to look up as it's been a while since I've looked into this. The basic idea is that SO4 is the most effective oxygen transport molecule in the body and the body only uses NO when it is low on SO4.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Very interesting topic. We actually were talking about the increase in mitochondria through HIIT and endurance running and how it decreases the healing in injuries. I've seen in multiple people, including my brother, that have shaved 3-4 weeks off recovery time from shoulder surgery, broken collarbones, etc

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Not for short term studying results, but for long term energy, oxygen efficiency, and intelligence, what about improvement of mitochondrial function in the brain and in the body?

My studies have suggested the use of taurine, B6, B12, Ubiquinol, PQQ, and Shilajit Extract combined has a powerful effect on both the effectiveness and health of the little atp makers, but PQQ actually creates new mitochondria especially in the brain and heart areas. Adding these to exercise which already helps atp increases could be optimal.

As far as memory enhancers go I still like aniracetam with piracetam, and add bacopa to that for long term for extra socialization effect and mental sharpness. Most of the stims are good too, until they aren't anymore and your adrenal reserves are burnt out short term or long term. There is also Forskolin and Quercitin combinations that enhance visual memory even better than the racetams, yet gives side effects to everyone if overdosed, and some people at proper doses if used too long.

There are other supplements that give great endurance energy and some even increase oxygen efficiency somewhat like a good quality Cordyceps, Acetyl-Carnitine, Rhodiola Rosea. and some others. One could add the NO supplements to the list such as Citrilline Malate and horney goat weed.

Some people have suggested that the effects of NO are secondary in the long term to organic sulfur in combination with plenty of sunshine vitamin D (oil based D3 is okay but not as good), dietary cholesterol, and a couple of other things that I'll have to look up as it's been a while since I've looked into this. The basic idea is that SO4 is the most effective oxygen transport molecule in the body and the body only uses NO when it is low on SO4.
(-)-epicatechin also had some data in relation to this.

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
johnny,

Decent article, but with the CoQ10 they could have done better with the preferred kind of CoQ10, Ubiquinol, and both kinds of these require certain conditions for best absorption. When taking either one, you should not have eaten for at least 2 hours before taking it and at least 45 minutes to an hour after taking it. Ubiquinol gets much better absorption then basic CoQ10, especially in sick or older people, and food gets in the way with both of these. Shilijit is said to improve on Ubiquinol alone by as much as 40%, and this is different than just adding more Ubiquinol. PQQ actually is a powerful supplement to grow new healthy mitochondria, and this was not recognized as possible before, but it works much better with the rest of the combination listed in my post above.

The researchers were intent on improvement of the Krebs Cycle with these people, but my above combination intends to go into the anti-aging realm, and the increase of energy and oxygenation efficiency in even healthy people. Exercise is the flagship tool for this beyond the supplements (they didn't say whether the exercise with the sick people was regular or just for testing purposes, but normal people need regular exercise, not just occasional tests for improvement) and the supplements work much better as an extra to exercise in normal people. Supplying various Kreb Cycle improvement supplements like carnitine , Pyruvates, Inosine, good levels of Magnesium, R-Lipoic Acid, TMG, NADH, B vitamins, and a few others mentioned in the article can improve the Krebs Cycle energy production, especially if you are low on any of these. Almost everyone is a bit low in Magnesium for example.

Poor fat burning capabilities is a sign of poor mitochondria energy efficiency too, so anything that improves fat burning ability will improve energy efficiency in the long term. ( Coconut oil, fish oil, CLA, Sesamin oil, and most of the other MCT oils help, and decent T3 hormones help even more)..

The B vitamins that go through the blood brain barrier such as Sulbutiamine seem to give me a large energy boost, but that may be more mental.

tuberman

Awards
  • Established
kisaj,

HIIT works well in the short to medium term for very healthy people that are already use to pushing the envelope a bit, but the oxidative stress can build up in the long haul in people without perfect health, then inflammation and other negative results start to exhaust the exerciser. I've followed and even helped to train some high school cross country runners in the past, and the intervals and too often racing at over 90% begins to get to the varsity especially. Most often dumb coaches have their best runners peaking at about 2-3 weeks before the end of the season. and the teams rated the highest in the first 6-7 weeks turn in terrible performances by state meet time.