Unanswered Metformin and slin

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Hey guys, still on time off but planning ahead......

Next cycle will be starting over Xmas, I’m looking to introduce slin pwo for the first time. I’ve been on metformin (off label use for longevity, not prescribed) for around 9 months.

Im looking into the interaction between the two trying to work out if I should come off metformin when using slin?

I know that they do get used together in a diabetes setting sometimes so it doesn’t seem there is any adverse interaction.

On paper metformin (along with all the other good stuff) improves insulin sensitivity and this far my research is suggesting that I should be fine staying on but should get greater results from a lower dose (which is good but I’m conscious that what would be a normal dose may have great hypo risk).....

my plan as it stands is to start at 4iu pwo (obviously with 10g carb per iu) and assess how I react, planning to go no higher than 6 or 8iu for sure (I’m 220lbs).

anyone got any thoughts on this, things I can read etc?

nostrum420

nostrum420

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
As long as you're starting low on the slin and having some pwo carbs, you should be fine. That being said you will be at a greater risk of going hypo.

Have you been doing a meter reading in the morning?

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How much of a dose of metformin are you on and how often?

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
As long as you're starting low on the slin and having some pwo carbs, you should be fine. That being said you will be at a greater risk of going hypo.

Have you been doing a meter reading in the morning?
yep my thinking was this would allow me to stay at a lower dose but still get the same benefits of slin.....

I’ll be doing a readings prior to starting but haven’t as yet.....

Outofbody

Outofbody

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
500am and 500pm ed bro. I’m taking it specifically for the longevity benefits are than body composition
Cool, thanks. Been thinking of doing the same. I’ve got a big stockpile of it. Curious about using it while on slin too because I plan on adding it to a cycle in the new year.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Cool, thanks. Been thinking of doing the same. I’ve got a big stockpile of it. Curious about using it while on slin too because I plan on adding it to a cycle in the new year.
at the moment I’m relatively confident that when considering just its interaction with slin it would increase the effectiveness (I.e lower dose slin).....however, metforim acts on a number of pathways and I’m personally still way way less knowledge about all this stuff than many/most on this forum so wanted to see if others could add more to the science.

i also use cjc dac and mk (have been for ages) which obviously can reduce insulin sensitivity so there’s that to consider as well......